Sign in to follow this  
seppe

potions

Hello everybody,

This is something i always wanted to have in game to give the healer and buffers a new dimension.

I got this of lineage.pmfun one time so i dont know if it works for this lineage since it is a custom made.

The idear is giving the support player the ability to create potions like the standard health potions and mana potions there are some other things in there in the link provided.

It works by collecting herbs and crafting potions out of it.

http://lineage.pmfun.com/list/lab/potion-laboratories.html

So i was wondering 

1) are there any potions for sale in the general store ? 

2) is it possible for support players to make these potion from collected herbs

I always thaught it would be nice to have something like that in lineage.

Alright thanks let me know what you think.

• Like 1

Great idea as the game lacks mana potions which would help basically everyone, but this is Lineage 2 Classic without any modifications aside from x3 rate so I'm going to assume no.

I said no , we want a real l2classic not a l2j modified server with custom things like ur mana potion. Im sorry but this server is supposed to be like off nothing else.

This is WHY alot of us want to play on it.

• Like 2

I said no , we want a real l2classic not a l2j modified server with custom things like ur mana potion. Im sorry but this server is supposed to be like off nothing else.

This is WHY alot of us want to play on it.

​Agree. All people are going to play on standard classic without any modifications :)

• Like 1

categorically opposed to any additional information that are not figures of classical assembly to facilitate gameplay and making catastrophic balance pour into the mechanics of the game itself. ¬¬

categorically opposed to any additional information that are not figures of classical assembly to facilitate gameplay and making catastrophic balance pour into the mechanics of the game itself. ¬¬

​Dude I always smile after reading your post. It's like full of intellectualism :D;)

• Like 1

Hello everybody,

This is something i always wanted to have in game to give the healer and buffers a new dimension.

I got this of lineage.pmfun one time so i dont know if it works for this lineage since it is a custom made.

The idear is giving the support player the ability to create potions like the standard health potions and mana potions there are some other things in there in the link provided.

It works by collecting herbs and crafting potions out of it.

So i was wondering 

1) are there any potions for sale in the general store ? 

2) is it possible for support players to make these potion from collected herbs

I always thaught it would be nice to have something like that in lineage.

Alright thanks let me know what you think.

​No way! no potions 

​Dude I always smile after reading your post. It's like full of intellectualism :D;)

​in fact it's not intellectualism, is an error function, set the encryption of my post, he surprised after reading my text.

​Dude I alwwys smile after reading your post. It's like full of intellectualism :D;)

​cooperate for intelligent abilities manifest in the mind and not their fault on your part is more than problematic.

Pots will ruin the balance

​bump and +1 vote up !

Thats why i never did play private server....it should stay classic when it comes down to that. Most ppl dont even know how HARD lineage 2 was back in the days.

No cool good organised party ( even with some outside boxed buffers/healers ) and you were screwed with alot of spare time while sitting on the ground.

categorically opposed to any additional information that are not figures of classical assembly to facilitate gameplay and making catastrophic balance pour into the mechanics of the game itself. ¬¬

​Dude I always smile after reading your post. It's like full of intellectualism :D;)

​Ты дебил.

one healer heals life, mana recharge and cares not need potions. The idea is to party and have no potions.

there's buffers with mana recharge for a reason.

and regarding potions altogether: i sure as hell don't want to see again those quick healing potions and CP potions with 50/200 CP recovery.

it was bad enough when some people were spamming them in PvP for istant health recovery, and it was pretty much retarded/imbalanced for some classes.

i hope we won't have any similar failure of game mechanic ever again, but i guess that's up to the korean developers.

Hey fenrir, 

Yeah I must be more specific.

I was not talking about those instant potions nor cp pots only the overtime potions like the onces you can buy at the generalstore those hp pots basically a small overtime supplement.

So it is called mana drug in the link and healing drug.

The idea for me was that the potion could be made by the support characters like i dont know oracle, prophet, shilien oracle, warcryer, overlord ...... etc.

By gathering herbs dropped by mobs or grown in a specific area or randomly. So that would give the support something fun to do.

Now I dont want it to be  a strong effect just enough for pve that you dont have to wait for your mana bar to be empty and sit down on the ground diong nothing for 5 minuts until its full again.  I know I know there are recharges out there in the world of lineage. But they would not be online all the time and who will use a mana drug if you have a mana recharger in party anyways.

Thanks,

Hey fenrir, 

Yeah I must be more specific.

I was not talking about those instant potions nor cp pots only the overtime potions like the onces you can buy at the generalstore those hp pots basically a small overtime supplement.

The idea for me was that the potion could be made by the support characters like i dont know oracle, prophet, shilien oracle, warcryer, overlord ...... etc.

By gathering herbs dropped by mobs or grown in a specific area or randomly. So that would give the support something fun to do.

Now I dont want it to be  a strong effect just enough for pve that you dont have to wait for your mana bar to be empty and sit down on the ground diong nothing for 5 minuts until its full again.  I know I know there are recharges out there in the world of lineage. But they would not be online all the time and who will use a mana drug if you have a mana recharger in party anyways.

Thanks,

​Why you need researcher then you have mana poption in your arsenal. So researchers creates another post for improvement? why you need disbalance low rate server gameplay by your high rate server ideas? And for your not asked question what to do for 5min, find random researcher simply as that. Plus only mages are heavily dependent on researchers as fighters should need to save mana.

there's buffers with mana recharge for a reason.

and regarding potions altogether: i sure as hell don't want to see again those quick healing potions and CP potions with 50/200 CP recovery.

it was bad enough when some people were spamming them in PvP for istant health recovery, and it was pretty much retarded/imbalanced for some classes.

i hope we won't have any similar failure of game mechanic ever again, but i guess that's up to the korean developers.

the problem werent the potions itself.. the problem were the progs who did spam them in 0.1 ticks if needed. People with a nostromo could do that too... now almost every keyboard can use macros like that. So at the end.. it was just a fight of items and teamplay since every1 used it anways.

*just talking about quick healing and cp*

the mana pots are terrible.... i rather box 4 toons and pay for each.. before i want to see such a crap

​i know what you meant, but that's something that does not belong in L2C game mechanics.

otherwise the mana recharge skill from buffers would have no reason to exist, same with other skills like mana burn for PvP.

those potions would have a much greater impact than just PvE, and trust me, i've had enough of my share with QHP and CP pots already.

this server needs nothing customized really, it just needs to be as close as retail game mechanics as possible.

• Like 1