Sign in to follow this  
Fanti

Market Issue :(

Hello everyone!

I'm a bit new to the server, but I believe that there's a market issue and should be fixed someway. Seems that nowadays farming with a Dwarf and investing adena in shop items is not even profitable as I remembered.

I've been watching the market a few weeks now and didn't even tried to put myself a Private Store to sell crystals because honestly speaking, I think it's a waste of time. The prices are REALLY low and they are so low that people is losing adena really bad (I wonder if they even realized they are losing money :/).

I also believe that it's time to do something about it, there's no market for (D-C) Grade Crystals and the Craft Prices for (B) Grade Weapons and Armors lower every single day.

I'll put some examples from my lowbie level view:

Imagine you buy a Sword of Revolution in Giran:

SOR.thumb.jpg.0fda23aa879084f3eb7231f9f1

Crystalize the Sword of Revolution and it will give you 1983 (D) Grade Crystals.

Nowadays, the prices in the cities of Dion and Giran for these (D) Grade Crystals are around 450a and 500a in both cities, when the real price should be between 780a and 850a. Let's make some math:

1983 (D) Grade Crystals x 450a = 892.350a <--- Lose adena

1983 (D) Grade Crystals x 500a = 991.500a <--- Lose adena

1983 (D) Grade Crystals x 780a = 1.546.740a <--- Cost value - almost no profit

1983 (D) Grade Crystals x 850a = 1.685.550a <--- Profit

Now we are talking, right? 

The same thing happens with the (C) Grade Crystals. For example:

The cost to create a Dual Sword - Sword of Revolution*Sword of Revolution (1,540,000*2 + 20 SOP + some adena) = Something around 3.100.000a, right? Cryztalize the Dual Sword - Sword of Revolution*Sword of Revolution and it will give you 884 (C) Grade Crystals.

Nowadays, the prices in the city of Giran for these (C) Grade Crystals are around 2400a-2500a, when the real price should be 3540a-3600a. Let's make some math again:

884 (C) Grade Crystals x 2400a = 2.121.600a <--- Lose money

884 (C) Grade Crystals x 2500a = 2.210.000a <--- Lose money

884 (C) Grade Crystals x 3540a = 3.129.360a <--- Cost value - almost no profit.

884 (C) Grade Crystals x 3600a = 3.182.400a <--- Profit

This is my humble analysis and market experience in Lineage 2 besides the lowbie the level 30 I have today. Also, I'd appreciate if Dwarfs or Trader people with more timing experience in the server can provide more Market feedback to this post, expose their opinions and find a solution.

Cheers! xD

I play with dwarf, if you wanna made adena with crystals and shots you need to find cheap items in the market (buy from other people), for example top luxury weapons for less than 3,9kk , thats just an example, but you can find a lot of cheap items D and C grade and made crystals having a profit, but always buying them from other people.

My english is not so good so sorry for my poor explanation :) 

You shouldn't assess market status with top items, because there is a delta assumed to them (since they are TOP = used by chars), and values  wont never be CC/CD-worthy. You should farm/buy lower items (boots / gloves / low grade weapons) and cry them.

The best way to make money in this game without leaving town is buying shit, and reselling said shit, for a higher price. 

I wouldn't waste my time with crystals honestly. 

The price of crys puzzled me too. But i think it is because full item drops are not so rare. I got 2 gaiters, 2 breastplates, 2 shields and 1 helmet , all D grade, in 2 hrs yesterday. So when ppl get items easy and melt them the price of Cry tends to go down. 

Hello everyone!

I'm a bit new to the server, but I believe that there's a market issue and should be fixed someway. Seems that nowadays farming with a Dwarf and investing adena in shop items is not even profitable as I remembered.

I've been watching the market a few weeks now and didn't even tried to put myself a Private Store to sell crystals because honestly speaking, I think it's a waste of time. The prices are REALLY low and they are so low that people is losing adena really bad (I wonder if they even realized they are losing money :/).

I also believe that it's time to do something about it, there's no market for (D-C) Grade Crystals and the Craft Prices for (B) Grade Weapons and Armors lower every single day.

Crystalize the Sword of Revolution and it will give you 1983 (D) Grade Crystals.

Nowadays, the prices in the cities of Dion and Giran for these (D) Grade Crystals are around 450a and 500a in both cities, when the real price should be between 780a and 850a. Let's make some math:

The cost to create a Dual Sword - Sword of Revolution*Sword of Revolution (1,540,000*2 + 20 SOP + some adena) = Something around 3.100.000a, right? Cryztalize the Dual Sword - Sword of Revolution*Sword of Revolution and it will give you 884 (C) Grade Crystals.

Nowadays, the prices in the city of Giran for these (C) Grade Crystals are around 2400a-2500a, when the real price should be 3540a-3600a. Let's make some math again:

This is my humble analysis and market experience in Lineage 2 besides the lowbie the level 30 I have today. Also, I'd appreciate if Dwarfs or Trader people with more timing experience in the server can provide more Market feedback to this post, expose their opinions and find a solution.

Cheers! xD

​In your analysis you are missing the point which is : 

The price of crys puzzled me too. But i think it is because full item drops are not so rare. I got 2 gaiters, 2 breastplates, 2 shields and 1 helmet , all D grade, in 2 hrs yesterday. So when ppl get items easy and melt them the price of Cry tends to go down. 

​There is no adena loss there people sell at prices they wish and are comfortable with, if it does not suit you, you should find a better way of making adena. If a raid drop 5x C items or D items of course that the price of the items drops. This is only in favor of lower char players.

Hello everyone!

Cheers! xD

​In your analysis you are missing the point which is : 

​There is no adena loss there people sell at prices they wish and are comfortable with, if it does not suit you, you should find a better way of making adena. If a raid drop 5x C items or D items of course that the price of the items drops. This is only in favor of lower char players.

How there is no adena loss when melted items cost a little more than half the shop price? 

Maybe i need rephrase, it seems you did not understand.People don't sell at prices they wish, they sell at prices other people buy the stuff because nobody buys low D grade. Speaking about D grade, there is only market for full items when we speak about top. Tarbar, SoR, Brigandine, etc. Those you can sell little cheaper than shop because there is demand for them. 

I agree with the OP, this server is the first low rate server i am not able to make money from Crystallization and that is because the drop rate is high. Materials have a good price tough. Need to find other ways to make money. 

You guys forgot about another important thing. Bcs this is low rate (i mean real low rate not H5 server where you are in 2 weeks 80+ even on 3x rates like here) so ppl spend lot of time farming in D (i know it is possible to rush it in one week or so but not for majority palyers) and loooot of time in C grade. So ppl are trying overenchant very often (you can see some crazy shit like +12++ weapons D/C. It means that lot of items will break during atempts to OE and market is flooded with crystals from it :) 

You are makeing your calculations based on buying from shop and crystalizing and then making profit...how the hell would that make any sense? buying from shop is the most expensive thing to do! Crystalizing does not translate profit ( its the other way around if u have to crystalize an item u already lost money selling full item is always more profitable). cheers

Just like Kure said - its because of overenchanting items, too much of crystals on sale - that lower the price. I didnt have to buy crystals - i crystalized the drop i got. Also some from burning plated lether set and c juve. Crafter dwarf is not a way to make decent money, unless its top b crafter

Just like Kure said - its because of overenchanting items, too much of crystals on sale - that lower the price. I didnt have to buy crystals - i crystalized the drop i got. Also some from burning plated lether set and c juve. Crafter dwarf is not a way to make decent money, unless its top b crafter

​No man, you are wrong. 

Sicklate said it, and even posted the supply/demand graphic. But best, he said it with this: 

There is no adena loss there people sell at prices they wish and are comfortable with. 

xD

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Now I got it. xD

As I said in my OP: I did it with a few weeks of watching the market, while still being low level and other servers experience (I know Sepukku got me on this one LOL). But, the over flooded market of enchanting items and high drop rate of full items explains everything since people plans buying full top D Grade items and Stay in C Grade+10+ for a while as Kure and Sicklate stated.

Gotta find other ways to make money :$.

Thanks again to everyone!

Cheers! xD

So... your reference prices are the purchase price in shops? Are you new in a low rate server? The reference price es the selling price in shops, i mean, the amount of adena that a shop gives to you for an item.