Nikara

How does Elven Elder survive?

I had the rather unfortunate idea of making an Elven Elder on this server, which seems to be at least in the top 3 useless classes to play. Mage parties wants Shillien Elder for the obvious reason of empower buff, not to mention they still have some fighter buffs. Bishops are way better healers with Greater Battle Heal , Greater Group Heal and Greater Heal at level 40. Either a PP, OL or a WC will have enough buffs for a party (even Chant of Movement is included, which is a Hellbound Skill). Even if I did manage to get to 58, which is very hard considering that no party needs an EE, Clarity doesn't really seem that effective, which reduces 10% of MP Cost on mages and 4% on Fighters. 

Are there any EEs alive and happily playing? What's the strategy here? 

• Like 1

I had the rather unfortunate idea of making an Elven Elder on this server, which seems to be at least in the top 3 useless classes to play. Mage parties wants Shillien Elder for the obvious reason of empower buff, not to mention they still have some fighter buffs. Bishops are way better healers with Greater Battle Heal , Greater Group Heal and Greater Heal at level 40. Either a PP, OL or a WC will have enough buffs for a party (even Chant of Movement is included, which is a Hellbound Skill). Even if I did manage to get to 58, which is very hard considering that no party needs an EE, Clarity doesn't really seem that effective, which reduces 10% of MP Cost on mages and 4% on Fighters. 

​Elven Elders have been always one of my favourite class.

Just because they don't own offensive buffs doesn't mean they are not useful in a lot of ways.
Yeah, they are not the best healers yet they can heal pretty decent on single target.
Also, they got some sweet buffs like you said, Clarity, which is very powerful (specially when leveled) because the less time your party need to rest for mp the more DPS they are doing (talking about mages for example) or for the other buffers in the party (OL/WC). Party Recall is also very useful in a lot of ways. Stun Resist is not as powerful as it seems sadly, but I think it needs some more testing.

Anyway, every mage party that wants to dominate in both PvP + PvE needs EE+SE

Actually its 10% for physical skills and songs\dancea and 4% for magical skills

For every party is EE must. Far more important than SE (which can be boxed unless its melee pt). Not only for party recall. With better casting than SE his heals are close to bishops (vitalize ftw!), another ress with high % returns is also nice, faster recharge of bish/ol during pvp than SE... IMO EE is far better for pt than SE if we talk about pvp. Besides EE buffs are very usefull too (shield buffs, CLARITY!, resist shock...)

withou Bishop, your party healing power sucks, but without EE ? dont even think about pve, and, no level = no pvp, you got the point now, right?

withou Bishop, your party healing power sucks, but without EE ? dont even think about pve, and, no level = no pvp, you got the point now, right?

​That's not my reality. When any party sees I'm EE they just don't care.

That's kind of what I said. When I said 10% for mages and 4% for fighters it's just that mages usually don't use ​physical skills and vice-versa.

For every party is EE must. Far more important than SE (which can be boxed unless its melee pt). Not only for party recall. With better casting than SE his heals are close to bishops (vitalize ftw!), another ress with high % returns is also nice, faster recharge of bish/ol during pvp than SE... IMO EE is far better for pt than SE if we talk about pvp. Besides EE buffs are very usefull too (shield buffs, CLARITY!, resist shock...)

​I partially agree with you. Shield buffs are not that important, but for PvP I think EE is a pretty decent class, I don't know how it's going to be like though. For now I'm trying to level up and it's pretty hard to be accepted at any kind of party.

​That's not my reality. When any party sees I'm EE they just don't care.

That's kind of what I said. When I said 10% for mages and 4% for fighters it's just that mages usually don't use ​physical skills and vice-versa.

​I partially agree with you. Shield buffs are not that important, but for PvP I think EE is a pretty decent class, I don't know how it's going to be like though. For now I'm trying to level up and it's pretty hard to be accepted at any kind of party.

​sorry, i mean in a Cp, EE is a must, and i think you sould find a CP for yourself, random party wont grant you anything

have to disagree with you dude,  im playing casually and somehow  lvl up my se to 62 before 1.5 update with random parties ,no big deal  just keep your friend list full with players around your lvl range and spam  them lfp when you online, what i can see is some players prefer to have boxed se in party to lvl them up instead of having real player in pt  sad but true 

have to disagree with you dude,  im playing casually and somehow  lvl up my se to 62 before 1.5 update with random parties ,no big deal  just keep your friend list full with players around your lvl range and spam  them lfp when you online, what i can see is some players prefer to have boxed se in party to lvl them up instead of having real player in pt  sad but true 

​SE or EE? The topic is about EE. I don't see SE having problems to get party because of Empower, like I said on first post.

​SE or EE? The topic is about EE. I don't see SE having problems to get party because of Empower, like I said on first post.

​Not quite, since everyone has an SE / PP box, it is harder for them to get parties (since they prefer to put that slot to a healer - DD and keep them outside party).

​you probably understood me wrong (or i jsut wrote it wrong)... i ALWAYS prefer alive support no matter what (sometimes i level up with you too :D ) ... i was jsut giving example that SE can be "boxed" in most of party setups but EE only hardly (but in general i dont like boxing too, i play support class also so i know that pain :P )... 

They cant survive ...Iam playing since many weeks my EE and its daily a struggle to find parties, currently iam 48 but its not going any further.I made in 3 days now 20%. Mage Parties want a SE and fighter Parties want a PP or WC there is no slot for an EE. 

My special tipp even if you enjoy your class you better reroll to mage or archer and you have every raidboss invite and can solo farm your ass off.

the "problem" of EEs is that they're mostly suited for PvP due to resist shock, wich is not really a problem, it's just that majority of people are dumb, or they just prefer classes with better PvE buffs( basicly VR for melees or Empower for mages ).

as for buffs, recharge and heals, a SE will probably always have priority in PvE compared to EE. even prophets have more offensive stuff, considering berserk and haste.

any clan that is focused on PvP and wants to be really competitive will probably need EEs soon or later. however, since in classic there's no mana or hp regen potions dropped by mobs, any low lv mage/fighter will probably be looking for rechargers after hitting lv20, since the self hp/mp regen is slow as a sloth on sand.

classic isn't a game for solo players anyway. you just need to find a clan with people that aren't too spoiled to actually help you.

An elven elder might be better than a Se for mele aoe parties because of recharge + clear mind for warrior skills, and stun resist + bless shield + advanced block for tank.

what do you think?

Its really hard to find PT for EE.

I was gived up my summoner to start a EE to play with CP ...  (!EE lv51 LFP)

Now, a go exp EE only with clan mates, if they are not on, I farm as summoner. Thats my second plan.

But this always was like this. EE = PVP. Like OL have to exp with clan CP, elso EE.

When we go out with my clan, we usually have 2xEE and SE in party. You only need 2x DDs for aoe if they have unlimited mana ^_^