New comers attraction "Discussion"

Buffs / ss pack every 5 lvl to max 40 lvl

Shadow D

Exp bonus to max 40 lvl,

Pvp events with prizes for lvl 20-39 40-51 52-60 - 61+

Pk buffs for 1h to 40 lvl

All bufs items not tradable

• Like 1

Give them the lvl 3 clan. Cruma changes made farming cruma even more stupid than it was before for clans trying to level up with pobs. You guys are against their encouragement for new players to come into server? Give them whatever as long as it doesnt break the current economy we are in. (Which is garbage anyways). It wont affect anyone besides themselves.

From my experience, the faster they get to the endgame the better, we lose 10 endgame players gain 1 50plus at the current rate of population.

Starter Package D grade will kill the market of the D grade. That's why you canceled the quest to armor of moon.

In this patch Adena drops a lot. Her enough to buy better armor and weapons.
I'm against. We need something else.

​I'm sorry, but when is the last time you tried to sell d grade?

It takes me so long to sell d-grade, I just end up NPCing or crystallizing it. 

No one needs d grade armor, they need a d grade weapon. 

Elven robes will still be needed for the speed boost, and an enchanted brigandine armor set is most likely better than the unenchantable moon quest armor. 

There is no d-grade armor market. Its a placebo. Even if there was, no actual noobie is going to ever be able to afford a brigadine helmet. They'd rather put their money towards a weapon or shots. 

First of all i don't usual participate in foruns because i don't like to loose my time with most of the arguments that usual goes around here..But  as I feel for the second time tempetd to leave this server ( i did it before for more than 1 month) i need to give my opinion as an active player.

I understand you want to bring new players in, but i would also like to see you guys doing something to keep the old players that dedicated so many hours here from leaving..
I know this topic was already discussed, but why not change the PK sytem?! How can you pvp when you didnt even have time to farm and get gear yet?! ( not talking about myself, i have a decent lvl and gear).. I played in many servers and there were always pks around.. but you could see many players because they were doing what they loved ingame. Since i started to play here i was pk all the time, now im used to it and never complained, but guess what.. people leave the server for that.. they dedicate hours of their day to play when players come around and pk them for no reason and worse, no consequenses for those players. Bla bla bla.. pvp and pk are part of the game Monica! I know that.. I  stoped playing one month because all my friends who had enough lvl to farm with me left for one reason or another. And im not going to join the ally who is winning everything now, because whats the fun in having a server with everyone in the same side? Do whatever you want with my opinion.. Maybe I'm wrong.. But i know dozens of ppl who left because of this.. So if you are askings sugestions about bring more ppl to the server.. I'm giving you one to make them stay.
I dont come very often to the forum so don't be surprised if i dont reply or anything like that.. 

• Like 3

The more free-staff is given, the less Classic it is. The less people will come.

Its fine to give a bonus for new people as long as it does not go contrary to a main task of the project: being hardcore. Free pack no-grade was enough. More free buffs, weapons and soulshots will destroy the server: disencourage players to play with other people, destroy part of the economy (weapons, soulshots) and lower the population of more cities. Thats exactly the picture for newcomers between 1-20 level. Don't extend it to 20-40.

i would be happy with mana or hp regen potions dropped by mobs, but that's just me :P

regarding other additions: exp buffs limited only to levels 1~20 and 21~40 could be fine too, just to let new comers( or returning people like myself ) level up faster and catch up with the average playerbase levels.

people will still have to grind their way up to 70 in any case, but at least it will be a bit less painful for new people, and it will also help older clans that are still recruiting new players for PvE or PvP.

as for free stuff like the NG weapons: as long as it's time-limited( wich means that it will delete itself after X amount of days ) and only up to D grade, it shouldn't be a problem.

anything else would be too much, especially because after reaching lv 40, you're supposed to have enough adena to get gear by yourself, and eventually a clan that can help you with that too.

The more free-staff is given, the less Classic it is. The less people will come.

Its fine to give a bonus for new people as long as it does not go contrary to a main task of the project: being hardcore. Free pack no-grade was enough. More free buffs, weapons and soulshots will destroy the server: disencourage players to play with other people, destroy part of the economy (weapons, soulshots) and lower the population of more cities. Thats exactly the picture for newcomers between 1-20 level. Don't extend it to 20-40.

​Keep in mind that this is not official server and private servers tend to die quickly. New people are not willing to start on 8 months old server not because its "less classic" but they will have hard time catching up so they chose another fresh server. 

Giving people mid D grade non-tradeable weapons wont destroy D grade economy. Anything below top shop and top D grade is worth as much as crystals are. For CPs farming D/C grade from scratch isnt that much of a problem, supports run in NG and give adena to DDs. However if you are new solo/duo player its a pain to run in NG armor till 40 level because you are saving adena for weapon while 80% of other lowbies are alts running with +7 D weapons.

Well its definatly time you do something. Most of my clanmembers allready left, Im allmost thinking the same.
Im really hating the bad service and the bugs on this server. 

For instance,

type in /gmlist
Then system says:
SORRY MAN NEVER GM ONLINE

​that doesnt show if GM is on or not, that shows you if GM is with open messages or not, theres almost allways a GM online and at any time you can contact any of us in skype. pm on forum etc. so i think your argument is invalid here.

to be very honest and being also humble i dont think you will find better service in ANY other server alive for as long as ours is.

​They are perma on. Bugs fixed 12h after report. What are u talking about temudjin?

Another thing that came to my mind is to place a banner informing about benefits for new players at main site in some visible place. Not 2nd page of rolling billboard. This goes unnoticed. You wont attract new players by giving them stuff (or npc buffers) if they wont even know that they will get it.

​Good point. U can add some mid d shadow weapons or smth but dont make it top d(would affect economy). Also dont put any npc buffer for 20+ - this will make ppl solo in boredoom till 40. Now its cool that ppl make aoe pts on 20-40 cos they dont have buffs. Always smth going on low lvls, ppl fight for aoe spots, play together. All this changes ppl proposed are not going to bring clans. Easy start bonuses are going to bring randoms only, not organised ppl, but thats good also - better population. its hard to attact clans, i have no idea what you could do. They are being attracted when opening new server but this option sucks - our server is fresh. Clans dont care about how hard it is on the begining imo. I already saw many of your advertisements in the internet, u are doing well imo.

Maybe u could open high rate server so ppl can convice fast there (geting high lvl fast, checking skills, pvp conditions etc) about server quality and they would be more encouraged to start on low rate since they know its stabile and good quality with active gms.

Stop giving free shadow/newbie items. It's not that hard to get the real ones. Also add a condition that shadow/newbie weapons can only be used if player has 0 PK or 0 karma (rep.). Right now areas below 30 are swarming with "pk masters" with newbie weapons making new people unable to enjoy the game...

I would suggest, to make it easier to create clan community. lvl 3 clan is obtainable at OK rate. However 30 ppl is very low number, if you are not playing hardcore and running constant party system. Our clan for example has no constant party structure. And it is very hard to fit semi-active ppl in clan to have some kind of farming/lvling going in 1 clan. We have lost some ppl due to them being forced into alt-clan which has lower activity and clan chat is almost dead. So they got bored without interaction and left server.

Maybe you could lover the amount of PoB needed for clan lvl or drastically increase drop chance. Before 1.5 we were able to farm 1-5 PoB per buff round. After 1.5 it dropped down to 1-2 PoB per hour. With 5000 needed for clan lvl 4 it is 2500-5000 farming hours. Unreal :)

Also more clans at lvl 5 means more aliances and you can use aliance chat to socialize with lower levels which makes them feel more engaged in the game and keeps them playing.

You dont need to give clan skills to new clans, with ppl playing you can get skills quite easy.

---

The idea for free items is not that good. I wouldn't mind to make NG pack last until lvl 20 and give out more than 3 buff packs.

Then you can introduce this quest for D grade armor. Fun way to get free D gear.

• Like 1

Give new players 30 days NG weapons instead of 7 days. Get rip of PK scroll. Getting new players are easy but keeping them in high level is hard. 

1. If ppl wanted a really hardcore server they would go to the oficial one which is x1 and not a x3 server.

2. If ppl really wanted a classic server they would go to a c4 or c5 one, what ppl dont like are the one winged chickens, 122344244lvls, z1000armors etc....

The only thing u achieve Now by not adding new content to help new players is to increase the number of bots, ppl report bots, they get banned, they go to another server, no new players = old players get eventually bored and leave the server.

Just by adding for example herb drops to solo zones would make a great difference without the need to give gear

• Like 1

The free-stuff, buffs, scrolls are because we want newcomers to escape this boring part of the game (1-20) to begin interacting with other players and start having some fun, since starting villages are empty. So i change my mind. But, Instead of that, i prefer an effective and much more fun solution.

1) Increase lvl of newcomers to lvl 20. With quest of 1st job done or not? i will let you choose that, as well as starting items.
2) Make Gludio castle town or Gludin castle town the starting town for all races. 

That way people will interact with others and do parties from the very beggining. They are close to the main spots of 20+, so they will do parties. A small population still exist in those towns. Market will proliferate as well as new clans.

I want to hear what people think about this. Its a huge change, i know, but is the kind of change that could bring us a lot of more fun for newcomers, and by that way, bring us more people.

Honest two-cents:

In hindsight, this thread should've been made ~3 months ago, or during the horrendous stall leading up to--and during--the 1.3 patch, hearing out and opening up to the community at its peak, instead of ignoring forum threads, and jokingly replying "Soon." to everything.

You'll get your newcomers here and there, but if you think they're going to stay and commit to the grind to catch up to a "playable" level (66+ by now?) and find a force that adds any excitement to what is now a 1-sided server, well, good luck.

Honest two-cents:

In hindsight, this thread should've been made ~3 months ago, or during the horrendous stall leading up to--and during--the 1.3 patch, hearing out and opening up to the community at its peak, instead of ignoring forum threads, and jokingly replying "Soon." to everything.

You'll get your newcomers here and there, but if you think they're going to stay and commit to the grind to catch up to a "playable" level (66+ by now?) and find a force that adds any excitement to what is now a 1-sided server, well, good luck.

​A thread similar to this was the moon quest, and the whole debacle towards whether or not the moon quest should be implemented or not.

People were against it because "It was against the spirit of classic", l2 is supposed to be "hardcore", and ruin the non-existent d-grade armor market. 

First class changes should be free though. No one wants to do that crap. Hell make 2nd class change free.

We've been playing l2 for how many years now? I've done those quests way too many times.

Or make it so you can donate for 2nd class change for all I care. No one wants to do those quests. They're anti-fun. 

Also advertise once in a while on www.reddit.com/r/lineage2

------

Making some sort of academy system that gives out proof of bloods? To give incentive to top players to help level up noobies. Was something I also had in mind. Or even special tokens where you can buy certain hats with. 

• Like 1

as mentioned before, herb drops for hp/mp regen would really help anybody, from starters to higher levels.

right now new players are pretty much crippled after hitting 20, and the shadow weapon doesn't really help when they're running around in NG armor without decent buffs, be it a mage or fighter class.

if we consider the exp curve along with mana regen, it's no wonder that new people are not really interested in staying here for long.

i leveled a warrior from lv20 to 26 today in about 6 hours of exping in duo, with no buffs except might and shield lv1 and NG gear provided by starting towns.

was it fun? hell no. the only thing that kept me from falling asleep was chatting with the other guy in party.

back in c4, in 6 hours i would probably have gone from 20 to 30 by myself with no help, so classic surely isn't meant for solo players, unless they're carried by a box.

and even then, without active people playing support it would still be boring as hell, and would not increase the playerbase in any case.

it's a good thing that at least the rates are x3 here, because if it was like offi, i doubt that the current online would have the same amount of people. what happened in RU and EU after the first 3-4 months should already serve as a good example.

It is not exactly for new players, but may be you can set some kind of NPC in the market(in Giran Harbor) to split the market place for D C B grades? NPC Like flags in the different corners of Giran Harbor with D C B Labels? For example, every man can sit in every place, but if you want you can sit to trade near D flags to sell D. It does not need to make additional logic for trade permissions, just set NPC only for visual split the market.

PS: And you really need to hire the streamer or streamers especially to stream a low lvl game.
PPS: I really plus for introduce this
 quest for D grade armor.

Шановні друзі!

Ми, як і ви, зацікавлені в більшому населення на нашому сервері.

Наша реклама працює, але нам здається, цього недостатньо. Бояться гравці Багато почати на 8 місяців сервер.

Тому ми почали думати про додавши деякі бонуси для нових гравців, чи нове кланів пришестя (на даний момент наша ідея-рівень клану 3 з навичками все нові клани з 15-20+ чоловік)

Але ми знаємо, що багато хто з наших гравців і нинішніх дуже вимогливий ревнивий для бонусів, які йдуть до когось, хто "не заслужив" , але не до них.

Тому ми хочемо запитати Вашу думку, що Додати в гру для нових гравців, щоб залучити більше гравців, а ще краще - клани.

ДА хорошая идея. Нужно постояно чем то завлекать новых игроков пока сервер не сильно по возрасту вышел я думаю стоит сделать.
1. Так как вы хотели и 3-Ур клана.
2. стоит увеличет пакет новечка на старте... такой как щас есть но и можно добавить там ТОп нг шмотки...
3. я думаю стоит сделать что бы по окончанию 1 профи можно было получить там допустим хотя бы Д пуху на 7 дней...
Я на серве недели 2... если бы мне не помог Клан с Д пушкой я бы наверно забросил игру так как тяжко сильно... Так что мое мнение можно увеличить... Бонусы новечкам пакеты там шмот Д дать на 7 дней после 1 профи но не в Коем случаи не Увеличивать РЕЙТИ вы уничтожите если сервер рейты поднимете...
Такое вот мое мнение.

.Для новечков Бафера ставити не в жодному випадки не можна... Порушить баланс игри.

Kse, 

Idea for some event

All players can post here on forun, numbers whatsapp/mail/face/G+ of friends who likes to play l2. This is directly and non cost.

As rewars, for each shared contact to you, player receive a mount of col, and all with 10, 20 or 30 shared can receiva a pet to summon or agathaion, random tradeable.

5 days to this event.

Then after 5 days event closed, you have more a week to calculate rewards and send it to chars.

After all this, you can directly invite that players to join server, by whatsapp massage and e-mail. Whats app its cool cuz that people can shared with thenselves like a virus.

Just idea, if i'm wrong about somethin, sorry, i just like server and want to see it grow up.

Maybe this could help to get new ideas.

H3R

Hi

I was thinking about implementing daily/weekly custom quests.

Rewards could be cool, like "If you complete X daily quests during a week, you get X agathion/hair accesory/whatever". Daily quests could reward you some scrolls with discount TP price for X hrs, a free offline shop for one day, a +5% XP for 3 hr, etc. Or having weekly quests like "kill these 2/3 bosses" and rewarding you for completing it.

I don't know how this would work in the server, but It sounds cool in my mind. 

Also, adding an event like "log everyday to earn rewards" (skelth is having this event though). 

as mentioned before, herb drops for hp/mp regen would really help anybody, from starters to higher levels.

right now new players are pretty much crippled after hitting 20, and the shadow weapon doesn't really help when they're running around in NG armor without decent buffs, be it a mage or fighter class.

if we consider the exp curve along with mana regen, it's no wonder that new people are not really interested in staying here for long.

i leveled a warrior from lv20 to 26 today in about 6 hours of exping in duo, with no buffs except might and shield lv1 and NG gear provided by starting towns.

was it fun? hell no. the only thing that kept me from falling asleep was chatting with the other guy in party.

back in c4, in 6 hours i would probably have gone from 20 to 30 by myself with no help, so classic surely isn't meant for solo players, unless they're carried by a box.

and even then, without active people playing support it would still be boring as hell, and would not increase the playerbase in any case.

it's a good thing that at least the rates are x3 here, because if it was like offi, i doubt that the current online would have the same amount of people. what happened in RU and EU after the first 3-4 months should already serve as a good example.

​+1

The core idea that i want to defend is that it would be much better and fun to encourage newcomers to play and grow up being together, by making parties, not to encourage them to play alone.  After 20+ if players dont need others, new supporter classes will suffer the consequences. Much worse if it is extended until lvl 40.

One idea would be to concentrate all newcomers in the same starting town from the very first moment. For example, Talking island. Actually that would fit with the name of the server. Free quests of 1st job.