asd123

daggers in L2 classic

more like in c1 ppl sucked at playing the game, you play dagger you get rooted/slowed and you are usless, plus idk what kind of sever did you played, but until the introduction of element and skills to cut distance daggers where trash, all chronics until gf where mage/archer chronics

btw, if you want to call my point invalid make a real argument

edit: if you expect a balanced game you are playing the wrong chronic lmao

​Does mental shield work in classic like used to in old cronicles (80% resist on top of everything else)? Because if it does, then there are no roots and no sleeps to worry about. Slows always worked against any melee though.

i dont think any skill work like in the older chronics, the skill that got a "fix" remained that way (sleep cast time, agression not working on pvp, cancel removing 90% of buffs, etc)

more like in c1 ppl sucked at playing the game, you play dagger you get rooted/slowed and you are usless, plus idk what kind of sever did you played, but until the introduction of element and skills to cut distance daggers where trash, all chronics until gf where mage/archer chronics

btw, if you want to call my point invalid make a real argument

edit: if you expect a balanced game you are playing the wrong chronic lmao

​Does mental shield work in classic like used to in old cronicles (80% resist on top of everything else)? Because if it does, then there are no roots and no sleeps to worry about. Slows always worked against any melee though.

i dont think any skill work like in the older chronics, the skill that got a "fix" remained that way (sleep cast time, agression not working on pvp, cancel removing 90% of buffs, etc)

​it is a beta .... test it lolz

*we did... it works like it should*

im talking about how it should work, no need to test that
its like asking if sleep is fast or slow in classic, it should be slow even if back on the day was a quick cast
when i talk about fixes i also meant nerfs

its like asking if sleep is fast or slow in classic, it should be slow even if back on the day was a quick cast

​oh right, sleep and silence casting time used to be like 1sec, how is it now?

It ... is ...........sooooo ................................terribly..........................................................slo..........................awwwwwwwwwwwww.....................

Wait what? No! i didn't fall asleep casting sleep! :D

All u need to know about dagers is this:

Hide - lvl 51

However I think it isn't in 1.0. But you can always plan ahead. For now you need to play dagger as assasin. Hit'n'run and use terain or stun-shot to block sleep/root cast. It isn't like in H5, where you just roll your face over the keyboard and count kills :)

daggers are inferior to both archers and mages in old chronics or old chronics alike like this one, taking out a bow if you get rooted/slowed is not an answer, and we are talking like if a dager can 1hit everything, and trust me is not the case

asuming ppl knows how to pvp and asuming somehow you got close to mages undetected/unharmed you still need to deal with, for example, agression, and is a lot easier to agro a dagger than a 800range mage/archer

you guys also saying things like "all mages will have devotion, duh", well, everyone will also have no grade jewels if thats the case
ppl who like daggers will defend it, but the class is as crappy here as it was in the older chronics, and whoever says daggers are "as great as they were in c1" well, clearly understands as little about pvp now as he did back on the day

i said it before and i say it again, any melee dps with no skill to cut distance are bad compared to the range ones just for how the pvp in l2 works

now that i made my point clear, not saying that is impossible to play a dagger and kill ppl, the class is fun and all, but dont expect it to be even comparable to mages/archers partys

​so much this. but most of the community doesnt understand that. ppl already learned the meta(most efficent tactic avaiable) and tghey are all rushing mage/archer partys. its not like back in c2-c3 when everyone had no idea what they are doing .

​oh right, sleep and silence casting time used to be like 1sec, how is it now?

​sleep cast back on c4 was as fast as trance but lasted 30secs, you would sleep someone cancel him twice and procced to kill, ez
since hb (maybe interlude?) the cast time of sleep is long, sucks in pvp

silence i think always was a quick cast, but the reuse is kinda long

All u need to know about dagers is this:

Hide - lvl 51

However I think it isn't in 1.0. But you can always plan ahead. For now you need to play dagger as assasin. Hit'n'run and use terain or stun-shot to block sleep/root cast. It isn't like in H5, where you just roll your face over the keyboard and count kills :)

​yup, why do you think they added hide in classic 2.0? yeah, exactly, CAUSE THEY SUCK! :D they needed something to cut distance
imo farming a char thinking about a future chronic is not worth it, but suit yourself

imo farming a char thinking about a future chronic is not worth it, but suit yourself

​what's fun is the people looking down on certain classes, and then rerolling to those very same classes when those get boosted. hypocrisy at its finest.

anyhow, people should play what they like the most and learn its pros/cons, regardless of what people think. otherwise they won't enjoy the game.

• Like 2

hypocrisy? lmao
every chronic is different, you need to learn how to play it, your comment is pretty stupid tbh, not everyone here are casual players fyi

hypocrisy? lmao
every chronic is different, you need to learn how to play it, your comment is pretty stupid tbh, not everyone here are casual players fyi

spare me the ego-boosting bullshits, i honestly couldn't care less if you're a casual or not.

and no, you don't need to learn how to play "chronicles".

that's the mentality of the usual "sheeps" that reroll to anything else that can kill their main class just because they're too bad to adapt to new changes in gameplay, and it's even more ironic when those people reroll to classes they used to talk shit about.

what i mentioned before still stands.

​sleep cast back on c4 was as fast as trance but lasted 30secs, you would sleep someone cancel him twice and procced to kill, ez
since hb (maybe interlude?) the cast time of sleep is long, sucks in pvp

silence i think always was a quick cast, but the reuse is kinda long

Sleep was like Trance until C4(C5?). In interlude they decided mage sleep was OP, so in Interlude they -_-ed sleep up with longer duration, but long cast (not really so much of a problem with +12WIT), and gave it back only to supports as Trance, which is quick, but has shorter duration.

hypocrisy? lmao

spare me the ego-boosting bullshits, i honestly couldn't care less if you're a casual or not.

that's the mentality of the usual "sheeps" that reroll to anything else that can kill their main class just because they're too bad to adapt to new changes in gameplay, and it's even more ironic when those people reroll to classes they used to talk shit about.

​Man did i use to hate necros. played by all those FotM morons. All the way untill i got one as a subclass, two updates later, and i totally loved it. Then i begun to hate archers, gladiator, daggers. The new FotM. Still hate those, but since overyone is rolling necro now, i'm beginning to hate him again. Oh, the brain :D

hypocrisy? lmao

​lol dude you are so fucking stupid, all your post is complet crap, you dont need to learn how to play different chronicles, really? you need to adapt? are you srs?

tell me more about how you adapt in a chronic like -for example- c4 when mages have 95% m crit rate and archers 1 crit you down

btw, ironic when ppl reroll in a different chronic? lmao, you are plain stupid

what is ironic is ppl like you trying to defend a class that is COMPLETLY WORSE than others, only for the sake of defending a class that you like in a thread that is supposed to be a debate

​lol dude you are so fucking stupid, all your post is complet crap, you dont need to learn how to play different chronicles, really? you need to adapt? are you srs?

tell me more about how you adapt in a chronic like -for example- c4 when mages have 95% m crit rate and archers 1 crit you down

btw, ironic when ppl reroll in a different chronic? lmao, you are plain stupid

what is ironic is ppl like you trying to defend a class that is COMPLETLY WORSE than others, only for the sake of defending a class that you like in a thread that is supposed to be a debate

thx for proving me that you're a retard. i had my doubts, but now it's very clear. 

your whole c4 example was so situational i won't even bother discussing about it, for the simple fact it all depends on buffs, group setup and rng.

also, i couldn't care less about skills unbalance between classes. that wasn't my point to begin with.

fact is that people won't enjoy the game for what it is if someone tells them to play X class only because it has the meta of the moment, instead of playing the class they like.

the game has always been unbalanced since prelude times, and that's exactly why skills got reworked in classic, while new ones have been added in 2.0 and probably more will be added later.

and lastly, i always mained plate classes, so go figure how much i care about defending daggers.

the thread was indeed up for normal debate, until you came out with your arrogance. too bad for you thou, because if you're in need of attention, you've chosen the wrong person.

i have already said all i had to, i won't waste my time with you again.

whatever, you call me a retard and then proceed to say how you play whatever you want even if the class suck, so you are pretty much giving me the reason all along

the idea of the thread is to discuss if daggers are viable or not, you stating that you will play whatever you want and you always did doesnt contribute anything to the topic

so again, the one who came critiscing my point of view instead of contributing to the debate were you (still waiting for some insight on how daggers are viable and anything i said before is false)

and dont even get me started on the buff part, cant belive im discussing with you, if you are even remotly competitive i asume you have full buffs, if your party setup dont include every buff your party needs to pvp you clearly are on another level

tl;dr: you are a casual player who is mad that someone comes and declares all damage classes wich are not archers nor mages are inferior in this chronic

Part of me finds it sad that there is indeed such a great difference between classes. I'm all for playing something you like to play. It's a game and I'm one of those people who really doesn't like to play mages and believes archers might be too expensive to play due to having to buy arrows all the time. So I'm stuck with a whole slew of underpowered melee classes.

I'm pretty sure any melee class will be at a disadvantage in this chronicle as most of them are weaker against ranged classes to start with, and they're more dependent on gear than mages. Daggers might be the classes hit hardest by this as their role as Damage Dealers can be filled by either archers or mages who'll quite often perform better as they are at a lesser risk of being hit by monsters; thus making it easier on the healer and because mages in particular are less gear dependent. Add to that that CP is actually a thing here, which removes much of the burst potential Daggers had and you're stuck with a hard class to justify playing at top echelons of PvP play.

Sadly, NCsoft has the worst way of dealing with balance in any game I've seen yet. instead of actually fixing a class that's overpowered, they add more power to a class they feel is underpowered, quite often shifting the meta so far in the new direction the entire battlefield changes appearance.

That being said, meta's shift, classes get buffed and as long as you're enjoying yourself I would advise you not to pay too much attention to what you 'should play' even if the class isn't at its best.

A special shout-out to the Orc Fighters out there! They've always been the runt of the litter in the earliest Chronicles. :P

Kind Regards

Khalkaroth

Part of me finds it sad that there is indeed such a great difference between classes. I'm all for playing something you like to play. It's a game and I'm one of those people who really doesn't like to play mages and believes archers might be too expensive to play due to having to buy arrows all the time. So I'm stuck with a whole slew of underpowered melee classes.

I'm pretty sure any melee class will be at a disadvantage in this chronicle as most of them are weaker against ranged classes to start with, and they're more dependent on gear than mages. Daggers might be the classes hit hardest by this as their role as Damage Dealers can be filled by either archers or mages who'll quite often perform better as they are at a lesser risk of being hit by monsters; thus making it easier on the healer and because mages in particular are less gear dependent. Add to that that CP is actually a thing here, which removes much of the burst potential Daggers had and you're stuck with a hard class to justify playing at top echelons of PvP play.

Sadly, NCsoft has the worst way of dealing with balance in any game I've seen yet. instead of actually fixing a class that's overpowered, they add more power to a class they feel is underpowered, quite often shifting the meta so far in the new direction the entire battlefield changes appearance.

That being said, meta's shift, classes get buffed and as long as you're enjoying yourself I would advise you not to pay too much attention to what you 'should play' even if the class isn't at its best.

A special shout-out to the Orc Fighters out there! They've always been the runt of the litter in the earliest Chronicles. :P

Kind Regards

Khalkaroth

​the best way to play dagger here is being in short range archer party. So at PVE farm with bow would be good enough. W/e archers farming with Cursed Dagga till 50+lvl xD

OK I will show this in YouTube

Daggers ARE EPIK FALL WTF https://sendvid.com/af6pdm0 and this https://sendvid.com/j7n4293    and this https://sendvid.com/inj5rx82  from this server 300+  dmg from back stabe 60 lvl vs same lvl. And original its this..https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tojq2UOIwpo  1600+ dmg....so .it's that ORIGINAL PLATFORM? (LIE + J?)......NOT EVEN PIRATES SEVERS HAT THAT FALL!!      ....chess  

Bay the way...my topik was delete when I was trying to show this...well now its 0% truth from this ''original" server

So what is this chronicle? Triggering passive weapon mastery occured in very late chronicles gracia or high five, i though we re closer to interlude and earlier chronicles, further updates re Scions of Destiny based (but i might be wrong here). Here we have proof that daggers re having an extra thing from the far chronicles. As i read here they ill also get hide at later lvls. Do they get Shadow Step also!?!? If so im starting lvl up dagger... How about other clases like mages? Do they get aura flash?
There should be topic consider what stuff is implemented to 'Classic' from the newest chronicles that ruined this game.
I saw Glad from Classic having stun!?!? from distance skill banana, thats hilarious, glad with stun.

​Look at this vid. 3 stuns in a row from banana? Its L2 Classic? Glad with stun? What the fck?

This post is very old. check @Poseidon you tube channel and you will see treasure hunter works fine. or check test server: both archers and mages die after 2 backstabs.