Sign in to follow this  
Domine

Return market to towns

Populated towns with people shouting in the chat - that's how I understand classic. I would suggest to return free offline shops available only at towns. People will find shops easier depending on their level, that will also give an effect of populated server. I think full Dion and Gludio will attract low lvl players to keep on playing. What do you think?

• Like 2

That's not a problem, but:
1. It's hard to walk among ppl sitting all over the place, but that's a minor thing.
2. Me and I believe other old players want to see populated towns, because it's the place where l2 life is going.
+other things I've already mentioned

I'm 50/50 on this. Giran Harbor's very convenient, especially with the shop search function; however, empty towns are really unappealing, and take away from the good old L2 nostalgia.

• Like 2

Yeah I kinda miss crowded Giran, too... Giran Harbor kinda destroys the local bussiness as well because everyone can just free teleport to Harbor for cheapest price of shots and mats; you can't really get the advantage of filling the demand/supply gaps on local markets anymore.

I also vote for making free offline shops in Giran:

1. It's official. Having Giran Harbor official shop zone and free TP there is kind of custom that could potentially turn a small portion of hardcore players away.
  2. It supports local bussiness. Now you can take advantage of your area and set higher prices in remote towns for consumables, because people will rather pay you extra Adena than wasting time on teleporting to Giran. I know it might sound harsh to player who aren't into trading but that's part of the game.
  3. Giran has better infrastructure. Need extra Spirit Ore? Grocery Shop. Need extra crystals? Weapons shop. Need extra Gemstones? Blacksmith. These shops aren't in Giran Harbor.
  4. Bussiness in Giran will make Giran Castle even more valuable and will bring an extra pressure on its siege. Everyone will want to collect that extra tax cash that will come from point (3)
  5. Crowded Giran is ClassicLet's be honest, 99% of servers we've played in our lifetimes had Giran as a bussiness center. That's what we all were used to and things that we were used to are the ones we expect from 'classic' server.

#GiranBack2016

So, people first were complaining because when they needed X item they had to TP to each town to see if there's someone who sells it. Now that GH is a way to fix this problem because of the free TP, you guys want to go back to the old but "classic" system.

I mean yes, crowded giran could be "classic", but being "classic" doesn't mean it's right or better in this case imo

+1

Pls also limit offline shops to 1. Too many trash/powertrade/scam/same ppl sell same stuff (like karm set) on 5 diff characters to make an illusion of high price so he can sell 100k cheaper (still x2 the price) on his/her 6th char.

you guys crack me up xD 

for about 4 months ppl was complaining cuz we should make a free shoping zone some where accessible to everyone and out of town bla bla... now you guys want to move everything back to towns again xD

• Like 1

you guys crack me up xD 

for about 4 months ppl was complaining cuz we should make a free shoping zone some where accessible to everyone and out of town bla bla... now you guys want to move everything back to towns again xD

​Not trying to be rude here, but it's not like it was a 99:1 vote.

The people who were against the initial idea to move the trade zones might be vouching for another change; or, the people who were neutral with the thought of its outcome, might now be realizing its actual impact.

Lol on offi there is MDT, here we have giran harbor. I like this idea because it has free teleport and ppl have no lags in town. Keep it as it is now plz

• Like 1

you guys crack me up xD 

​Not trying to be rude here, but it's not like it was a 99:1 vote.

The people who were against the initial idea to move the trade zones might be vouching for another change; or, the people who were neutral with the thought of its outcome, might now be realizing its actual impact.

​^What he said.

Some things sound like a good idea until it comes to the actualy execution; as an example I may offer a deep fried melon. Sounds delicious, but in fact, isn't.

I suggest to make a new poll to see what people really want.

Lol on offi there is MDT, here we have giran harbor. I like this idea because it has free teleport and ppl have no lags in town. Keep it as it is now plz

Yeah I kinda miss crowded Giran, too... Giran Harbor kinda destroys the local bussiness as well because everyone can just free teleport to Harbor for cheapest price of shots and mats; you can't really get the advantage of filling the demand/supply gaps on local markets anymore.

I also vote for making free offline shops in Giran:

1. It's official. Having Giran Harbor official shop zone and free TP there is kind of custom that could potentially turn a small portion of hardcore players away.
  2. It supports local bussiness. Now you can take advantage of your area and set higher prices in remote towns for consumables, because people will rather pay you extra Adena than wasting time on teleporting to Giran. I know it might sound harsh to player who aren't into trading but that's part of the game.
  3. Giran has better infrastructure. Need extra Spirit Ore? Grocery Shop. Need extra crystals? Weapons shop. Need extra Gemstones? Blacksmith. These shops aren't in Giran Harbor.
  4. Bussiness in Giran will make Giran Castle even more valuable and will bring an extra pressure on its siege. Everyone will want to collect that extra tax cash that will come from point (3)
  5. Crowded Giran is ClassicLet's be honest, 99% of servers we've played in our lifetimes had Giran as a bussiness center. That's what we all were used to and things that we were used to are the ones we expect from 'classic' server.

#GiranBack2016

​Ppl have no lags in town, because they have nothing to do there. Towns are empty, it's just a teleport stop.

you guys crack me up xD 

​im in the community since 1h of server live. Im at forums everyday. Never seen a post with free shopping zone. For sure i would demand it.

I would say ok for free zone from the start of the server. But server is enough old for it to be not need, everybody has adena to get to giran.
Another part of this thing is wrong, coz towns re now empty, it looks bad, mostly bad it looks for newcomers that dont have idea about the free zone.
Ofc u can spam announcment every 5min that this zone is in Giran Harbor free tp from every town. But these annoucments re making tired.

Free zone looks bad overall, if u got any other business u need to go town anyway.

Stop talking crap about lags. If u got lags its time to change pc. If u will be having lags in mass pvp u will be crying to gms to move fights to zones w.o lags. 

I prefer semi-empty towns than having to TP several times to go to giran and to come back. 

Also, not everybody have enough money to set an offline shop. Indeed, I think one of the reasons there are free ofline shops in GH It's to help newbies to sell their stuff (though NG/D grade is hard to sell anyway). But I have seen several newbies selling their stuff in GH and It's good to see them there imo.

Not every newcomer has the same mindset btw. I mean, personally, as a newcomer, I would prefer to have a free TP to a market zone than having to TP to dion/giran to check if there's something useful for me. As a newcomer, I would not TP to dion/giran because I prefer to save adena.

I don't know how do you feel about this, but since the offline shops are free in GH I see an noticeable influx of new players. Could the GH market zone be a reason? Could be or could be not.

Because let's be honest here, it's "beautiful" to see giran full of shops, yep, I agree, but it's impractical in many ways. If I would be searching for X weapon/armor It'd be a pain for me to keep checking giran/dion every now and then (some people sells C stuff in dion as you may know) because of the TP.

Because let's be honest here, it's "beautiful" to see giran full of shops, yep, I agree, but it's impractical in many ways. If I would be searching for X weapon/armor It'd be a pain for me to keep checking giran/dion every now and then (some people sells C stuff in dion as you may know) because of the TP.

​I mean, that's one of the core issues for me - sure, Giran Harbor is more practical. But you know what else would be? Infinite soulshots. NPC buffer. Global gatekeeper. All the stuff that you can see on other servers where the goal is to make the game as comfy, as practical as possible.

But that's not why people join this server. People come here for classic experience and I think we should aim primarily for that. And if I buy the X weapon half million more expensive because I didn't check shops in Dion, it's my problem because I preferred farm over bussiness. At least that's how I see it.

• Like 1

I prefer semi-empty towns than having to TP several times to go to giran and to come back. 

Also, not everybody have enough money to set an offline shop. Indeed, I think one of the reasons there are free ofline shops in GH It's to help newbies to sell their stuff (though NG/D grade is hard to sell anyway). But I have seen several newbies selling their stuff in GH and It's good to see them there imo.

Not every newcomer has the same mindset btw. I mean, personally, as a newcomer, I would prefer to have a free TP to a market zone than having to TP to dion/giran to check if there's something useful for me. As a newcomer, I would not TP to dion/giran because I prefer to save adena.

I don't know how do you feel about this, but since the offline shops are free in GH I see an noticeable influx of new players. Could the GH market zone be a reason? Could be or could be not.

​Not only Giran can be the only market zone, but also Dion and Gludio. Low lvl's wouldn't have to teleport around the towns, because they'll find everything in Gludio or Dion. All the towns should be populated with people depending on their lvl - that's how it should be in L2:) only my opinion.

+1 free offlineshop towns. but only for gludion/dion/giran/aden/oren and not for starts villages.

soulshot consume is only 1, adena is x3 .. i think players have enought adena to get giran or dion when need to buy or sell something. They already doing this to get NPC light exp buff at giran. 

But, if adena is the problem, set giran as free teleport like G.Harbor.

"""" The most important is, new players comes and like to see a great and populated server.""""

• Like 1

soulshot consume is only 1, adena is x3 .. i think players have enought adena to get giran or dion when need to buy or sell something. They already doing this to get NPC light exp buff at giran. 

​hope u realize this npc is also in dion/gludio, whatever lowbie goes to giran for it is ... ;x

• Like 1

you guys crack me up xD 

Users complaining just for the sake of it, that is classic. Ahhhh, the l2 nostalgia...

One of the topics that make me log with my account.

Just make a legit Poll and see the results.

IMO Classic = populated towns = markets = people moving

If I were a newbie and started today it would be better if I moved to Gludin after X Hours of playing and checking 3 or 4 shops(will be more I'm sure) with items that match my lvl (gludin) then moving to a free giran Harbor market zone full of offline shops where someone (including me) can sell EWC for 3.5kk until they're sold which might take ~2weeks but well who cares Offshop is free! There's no competition in a market with free offline shops which cost nothing!

Let's face it the keywords here are: Classic, nostalgia. Dont take those words away.

At first AND now, Giran Harbor doesn't bother me at all, but seeing this post made me realize how much I miss L2 towns!

• Like 1

you guys crack me up xD 

​Just ignore this. When they dont know what they want they start writing anything. Soon transformation will be needed...