Sign in to follow this  
eXistenZ

Why do we prefer Lineage 2 instead of new MMORPG?

I have quit 3 times playing other games to start Lineage 2 again. The first time was for Naia Infinite Odyssey, the second time was for Innova classic and l2classic.club is my third time. I just realize that in every mmorpg that i am playing i am trying to find something lineage 2-ish inside in order to like it. Black Desert for example that has open world pvp but in the end nothing is as good as Lineage 2 so why not play the only game that matters to me? 

I cant find so much drama and chaos in any other mmorpg so there is not really a choice for me anymore ;P

What about you?

• Like 2

I guess key word here is NOSTALGIA ;)

I believe (or at least want to...) that a lot of players here are 30+ and remember L2 from good old times, like me.

Anyway I've quit L2 when my old server (NoobWars aka Vindication) collapsed.

We moved with friends to Aion and have a lot of fun there (best Dredgion CP :P) but it wasn't the same ;)

I've tried my luck one day with Innova Ofi but it was just wrong what they did with the game there.

And here I am, wasting my time at good, old Classic which works for me perfectly ^^

---------------------

Pink.thumb.jpg.1ad919c45cd98bf389b75238f NaRvi PR 6x

• Like 1

nostalgia mostly.

​agree but i dont really now. i have played black desert and it was like a single player. noone talked to noone. eso the same. no drama... l2 is like so much different

(unleash the hater legion)

Its all cuz you never played WOW or you would think WOW is the best game and you would always go back to WOW!!!

(Drops the mic... PEACE. im out...)

Its all cuz you never played WOW or you would think WOW is the best game and you would always go back to WOW!!!

​i have played WOW. Its a great mmo. i missed it but its not like Lineage 2. has different concept. I am not in a mood for raids with tactics etc etc. i am only in the mood for drama. and l2 is the king!

​in wow i miss that u cannot pvp/pk everyone, just other fraction :( was kind of boring to xp

​in wow i miss that u cannot pvp/pk everyone, just other fraction :( was kind of boring to xp

​yea in wow, aion etc etc you have default enemy... you dont get to choose your enemies. the game have decided who will be. i dont like this as a concept. maybe my enemy is the one that i am in the same party and grind. its more realistic that way

• Like 1

What was cool about Aion was Legion and Character Search option.

You could check your enemies (and friends) for the gear without the problem :)

It was very useful before Dredgion fights ;)

---------------------

Pink.thumb.jpg.1ad919c45cd98bf389b75238f NaRvi PR 6x

better combat system. L2 have become like a gem, with unique kind of clash between clan and party that cant be found in any other type of game. Yet, L2 still need an engine improvement.

I think it's mostly nostalgia. I played L2 since official C1, so it's been many years, since I was very young. But the gameplay was also very hard to overcome as well.

The only game I considered to be better than L2 was Rohan Online before the Giant race was introduced. It all went downhill from there.

nostalgia mostly.

​agree but i dont really now. i have played black desert and it was like a single player. noone talked to noone. eso the same. no drama... l2 is like so much different

​that's because most of the modern games are more focused on casual gamers rather than anything else, while in lineage 2 if you want to accomplish anything you'll have to either spend a lot of time in game alone, or party up with other people if you want to improve your character growth faster.

lineage 2 wars have also a meaning behind, because unlike faction vs faction games where you're forced to fight X opponent because of lore/game system, in lineage 2 you can have any reason to fight someone, and you can fight with anybody.

that is also why lineage 2 promotes a better "bonding" between players that play together in clans, something that not many games have managed to accomplish. the game itself can be hard and not very forgiving sometimes, so having someone to help you in l2 has way more value compared to other games of the same genre.

Tera had potential when it came out gameplay-wise, but in the end it became another game for casuals.

nostalgia mostly.

​that's because most of the modern games are more focused on casual gamers rather than anything else, while in lineage 2 if you want to accomplish anything you'll have to either spend a lot of time in game alone, or party up with other people if you want to improve your character growth faster.

lineage 2 wars have also a meaning behind, because unlike faction vs faction games where you're forced to fight X opponent because of lore/game system, in lineage 2 you can have any reason to fight someone, and you can fight with anybody.

that is also why lineage 2 promotes a better "bonding" between players that play together in clans, something that not many games have managed to accomplish. the game itself can be hard and not very forgiving sometimes, so having someone to help you in l2 has way more value compared to other games of the same genre.

Tera had potential when it came out gameplay-wise, but in the end it became another game for casuals.

​agree especially for tera

black desert would have the same potential but...there is a big "but" on black desert that i havent figure out yet