Sign in to follow this  
FryderykChopin

WARNING: If you've ever used G2A for donations, you're probably being scammed RIGHT NOW.

...And since G2A is the only available option for Europe, I urge you to check your G2A shield status right nowhttps://pay.g2a.com/shield/status

So, what's that all about?

Well, whenever you try to make a payment through G2A, there's this generic banner in your payment window:

"You are fully covered by G2A Shield" Sounds nice, right? It's not like you need extra protection for a €10 payment, but since you can't uncheck it anywhere, I assume that's a courtesy of the good people of G2A...  Right? Well... Not exactly. It is some sort of 'advanced protection' and gives some other benefits for when you trade a large ammount of money with various people, but as long as your only payment is the donation to Classic, it's absolutely and 100% useless

What it does though, is that it drags €2 FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT EVERY MONTH UNTIL YOU DEACTIVATE IT. Again - you've never knowingly activated it - you got automatically subscribed to it when you've made a payment, so please, go login and check your G2A Shield status as soon as possible: https://pay.g2a.com/shield/status

And then beware during the deactivation status: G2A does everything that's barely legal to prevent you from deactivating the service. In the end of the process, it asks you to wait for at least 20 minutes for a confirmation email. I've waited roughly ~2 hours without getting the email, after which I had to contact their support to send the email manually. But please, don't get discouraged, and even if €2 is not a huge ammount of money for you, don't let them get away with this scam.

On the same note, with regards to everything written above, I'd like to ask admins for additional options of donation, because G2A is a borderline scam company.

• Like 1

Thanks for the post.

I have made several payments through it myself, but the shield never activated for me.

Also I just checked my bank statement for last 6 months, everything is clean.

EDIT:

I just noticed that thing also !

I've unchecked it here and agreed with their things and show that the shield is inactive now.

< I support the idea to change the options of donation >

I noticed this in some of the earlier payments I made. Always read the fine print, people!

I also always have the option to uncheck that feature--which of course I always do now. It'll warn you about security with your transaction, but again if you're only donating to L2 Classic Club, you're safe.

Maybe the check/uncheck option is a browser constraint? Chrome has worked fine for me. Not sure why you or others wouldn't be able to uncheck that option.

Good topic. Should be stickied.

Well I'm using an older version of Chrome, so even though I've never had any similar issues with it, it might be the cause of it... But the fact itself that people are given this - in our case completely useless - service automatically without being properly explained what it does and how much it costs makes me believe it should not be the primary option for donation - let alone the only one.

no dude ,, all you hav to do its not use the G2A shield , when u donate it tells to u if u wanna use the shield to 100% guarantee and it says (shield is 100% guarantee with 1$ (monthly)) 

its only your fault guys , its not a scam :)) i never used shield and never happened nothing and i got all the money and never been scammed

• Like 1

Dear FryderykChopin,

Please bear in mind, that out Shield membership protect not only your donation, but any purchase made on our store. Also, with Shield subscription, you can receive 10% cashback to your G2A wallet, for you future purchases. All benefits which comes by using G2A Shield you can find here: shield.g2a.com

If you have any further questions, keep in mind that you can always find additional information on G2A's FAQ page or by contacting us in 8 languages on helpdesk(at)g2a.com. Our consultants are there for you 24/7.

We hope to see you soon again at G2A.COM!

James G2A Team