Kse

L2Classic.club Future

Bad idea. I prefer 130% work on classic than 50/50 on two servers. U got not enough ppl to split them on two servers.
If u think that HF could bring more ppl to classic then why not just focus on advertisement of classic? U did not even try yet to make advertisement, and u plan to open 2nd server hoping for more ppl, sorry to say, but its true...

​First we are not planing to decrease effort we are putting in classic. Seconds, it's different chronicles too different to leave from Classic to High Five. About adv - it's still working and people are still coming, but main problem for them is that server already almost 1 year old. It will be hard to catch up. 

Just Keep Being The Only EUROPEAN CLASSIC SERVER as you started and reach the Korean-Russ level 3-4 k online and make this server A beast you get more money than making a HF anyway....

​Most people when we talking with them about us asking: It's custom interlude/C4? Because they doesn't understand what Classic chronicles means. ;) 

• Like 2

You know I'm a huge fanboy of the Classic Club project but I'm very, very unsure about this one... 

This will very likely cause 2 very hurtful vicious circles:

1. Vicious Circle #1: Today is 29th November, but let's count it as October already. By the time the new H5 server comes, another 2+ months will pass. A lot of things will happen during that time, but a lot of things will not - especially when you're an average, solo-oriented players. 2 months is a lot of time to spend in a same location with not that much new being brought up with the patch - because let's be honest, most of the 2.0 changes are pure endgame content focused at hardcore players who spend countless of hours playing 5% for themselves, 95% for the clan. But if you're not member of these clans, if you're just a regular Dion dwarf who plays for fun, 2 months is a lot of time to get "seduced" by a similar, faster-paced servers with more features, same fantastic staff... And possibly some of your friends too, because let's be honest, each players have some friends here and each person switching to H5 can and most likely will cause smaller or larger chain reaction of leavers - thus creating a Vicious Circle #1, which will cause old players to leave to High Five because their friends are moving to High Five
  2. Vicious Circle #2: Most of you are probably 40+ a long time already so you probably don't care, but recently I was <40 and I was pretty fascinated to see all those newbies running around even on low location. That being said, this sight was impressive not because there were any spectacular quantities of players, but because there were few people - even parties - on a 1+ year old server. These are crucial for functioning of the server. It's like house flowers - you pour some water in the pot and the flower imbibe it, but after some time it consumes most of it or it evaporates, so you have to water it again, otherwise it will wither and dry. Same goes for the server - you have a very nice number online right now, but naturally some people and leave and they must be replaced with new ones. As it is now, I'd say it's in very solid balance. However, imagine you're a newcomer and you see two servers: first one is a year old classic server, the second one is a brand new High Five. The A group of players would normally jump in the classic, however they're seduced by a fresh opened H5 and catches on there. The group B are classic-lovers so they're going to try the classic anyway. However, when they start leveling up, they get lonely and bored, because the group A of players they were supposed to meet at this point are playing on the fresh High Five server - thus creating a Vicious Circle #2, which will cause new players leaving to High Five because their "theoretical" buddies are playing there.

I'm going to propose alternative solution tommorow, because I don't see this being a good idea as it is.

Just Keep Being The Only EUROPEAN CLASSIC SERVER as you started and reach the Korean-Russ level 3-4 k online and make this server A beast you get more money than making a HF anyway....

Is not all about money. As a project/company we need to expand to a wider group of "clients". Nike tenis shoes didnt became worst cuz they started making shirts, if u know what i mean. We not gonna make classic worst just because we gonna offer what u have on classic for the high five fans also.

Is not all about money. As a project/company we need to expand to a wider group of "clients". Nike tenis shoes didnt became worst cuz they started making shirts, if u know what i mean. We not gonna make classic worst just because we gonna offer what u have on classic for the high five fans also.

​Yeah but when you buy Nike shoes you still need Nike shirt. You're opening another low rate servers which is more of equivalent of iPhone - people have iPhone 5, when iPhone 6 gets released, half people will keep their iPhone 5 but the other half will buy the 6 because it's new alternative to what they have now.

I mean, unless you have a theoretical plans to merge the servers at some point, but it would probably be extremelly complicated both technically-wise and fair-wise, because a year on Classic equeals a week on High Five of same rates :D

All the points u guys bringing up were already thought and discussed among us.  And he honestly do not think this will in any way hurt classic. We do trully believe it will work other way around. We get countless ppl who dont even enter the forum or site due to the fact they see server is running for 1 year almost. With a new completely diferent server, ppl will come to forum and site they will see the forum activity and the comenta about classic and it might change their point if view. 

In a bigger picture what we want is to get ppl like a lot if you, who got tired of 2 month servers with slacking admins but for their own reasons dont enjoy such hardcore gameplay, to have a place to enjoy their game with hardworking present administration who actualy cares.

Hopefuly instead if making 2000 ppl happy we can make 4000or 5000 happy on their own play style.

this H5 project isnt bad idea... but please... 1 chronicle = 1 server not 2...3.... make us play together :P

We will not make more then 1 server with same chronics. Thats going againsr what we want to achieve here.

We will not make more then 1 server with same chronics. Thats going againsr what we want to achieve here.

​GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

I agree with many.... You still do not have enough time for this Classic... there is many space for improvements and maybe some events like pvp promised...

the pvp event is not forgotten... and it might be happening sooner then you think... (damn you made me spoil stuff again)

• Like 2

Bad idea. I prefer 130% work on classic than 50/50 on two servers. U got not enough ppl to split them on two servers.
If u think that HF could bring more ppl to classic then why not just focus on advertisement of classic? U did not even try yet to make advertisement, and u plan to open 2nd server hoping for more ppl, sorry to say, but its true...

​First we are not planing to decrease effort we are putting in classic. Seconds, it's different chronicles too different to leave from Classic to High Five. About adv - it's still working and people are still coming, but main problem for them is that server already almost 1 year old. It will be hard to catch up. 

​then perhaps start giving out free exp boosts/buffs for new players only up to lv 40, and eventually make the moon quest for D grade armor available, because otherwise newcomers will not stay around in classic with our rates, since as you said it's hard to catch up.

people that are tired of classic or are starting from 0 now will just wait for the HF server and move there directly, with the result that our classic server will have a loss in population. new people won't bother starting in classic now simply because there's way better rates in HF and no veteran players around.

and as someone else mentioned before, many people know HF but don't know classic, so guess how many new players we will actually get on monthly basis if you open another server. the only "new" people that showed up here recently are all second characters from mains in top clans that are making RBs in order to make some extra cash with drops, no more no less.

the only thing that can eventually bring back some veteran to our classic is the 2.0 update, that's the only way to get back who played here before, and still keep some of our current/old players.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Been with you guys for long enough and on the way learned to trust and believe in this team. this case shall not be different, tho im a troll and a jerk most of the times on forum i also speak serious stuff when i have to (hence the name SeriousSam :)) so if you guys truly believe this is a good move for the project and will help with project growth and prosperity i am all up for it and i believe i will even bring some people to that new server who left very sad due to the fact classic was not much of their style (lazy people :) ), or their life was not free enough to invest the few free time they had on classic. i am just a no life not lazy pleb so i will keep playing on the classic anyhow :)

im with polygon on this one. we left very sad couple of months ago simply because our life was not allowing us time enough to be a factor on this classic chronicle. we enjoyed all what we have seen here till the moment we had to leave, after long years of playing this game this server admins gave us not only a quite decent server to play on but also attention, what is very important now a days and most of the admins of other servers dont really think about it. they are around on opening, one week, then they show up once per week, then once per month, and then you only see them again when its time to close or to merge with the new server they are about to open again. This guys have been here for longer then a year, and i dont believe during the time i was playing, there was once single day i haven't seen them online, talking with players, answering to reports or simple posts etc.

enough with the fanboying :P

this is just my post to say that same as polygon if you guys open another server with a less consuming play time, stuff like GF or H5 we will come to play there independently if the online will be 15000 or 1000.

still for you guys not all think im being selfish, i do understand your worries. but i do not think the H5 will make classic have less people and if you think this way... if it doesnt harm talking island but helps the project to become bigger and more known i think overall is good for talking island also.

+1 for this idea, I even suggested to do same thing in "how to attract new ppl" but to make 2nd classic. Since you have h5 files its good idea cos it wont make current classic server population to change server but will bring good fame and new clans to this project.

Tho i have some doubts you can make h5 as successful server as our classic (longlasting), its cos of nature of this chronicle and ppl physics, they just play it to rush win and cash out ;)

Quoting myself, but fits to this topic also i think:

I dont know how to feel about it.

1st its bad idea, coz we can lose players on classic
2nd its good idea, coz we honestly dont know how long will be Classic developing. Europe off classic is already dead, Russian is ok, but its russian and messy, Korean is full of bullsht. If koreans get finally bored of their pay 2 win they will stop playing, and classic creators will stop making new updates, and dunno where it will stay, every classic patch is making classic more complete, but 2.0 is not yet best, need way more patches to make it ballanced and feel true classic, dunno if they will be ever released, so H5 is good backdoor plan, mostly if its going to be official files and low on bugs, by develop of our admins it can be smthing rly big, but only if there would be no more classic ofc.

Ah, my bad wisdoms, hehe

I give almost 100% if u open server, and classic population drops, we will end like inova. For me it is even better idea to open second classic server and merge them later, than to open some sh1tty H5, which will die faster than we will get 2.0 update lol...

• Like 3

I give almost 100% if u open server, and classic population drops, we will end like inova. For me it is even better idea to open second classic server and merge them later, than to open some sh1tty H5, which will die faster than we will get 2.0 update lol...

​^What he said. Open another, higher rate Classic server with a planned merge announced from the beginning. That would be a win-win situation for everyone I think.

• Confused 1

If you want to progress financially, cancel the free shops in harbor and we will pay for them; create new wigs and interesting stuff and we will buy em, but please don't change your direction. Your niche is classic, you are providing the absolute best private classic experience both for Europe and America, work to keep it that way.

Classic is the newest most progressive path for lineage 2 (for now) I don't see why would you go for such a old and boring chronic.

I personally stopped playing when they updated to high five and rejoined when classic took the stage.

Don't break my heart ^^

• Like 4

​new server will open next year only. you will have 2.0 before that.

​new server will open next year only. you will have 2.0 before that.

​Man i dont even care about 2.0 the idea is that H5 opening is bad. U haven't fixed a lot of bugs yet and u opening new server. Only ones who need updates are like how much ppl ? 3 CPs max. Others dont care. Atleast if u are making that H5 thing, do it other webpage...

NCSoft made a terrible marketing with Classic a few years ago.

If you want your classic experience to be known by more L2 fans, then you should do that advertising/hype by yourself. Look at all those trashy voting sites, they are full of Interlude servers, because people are sick and tired of the new L2 (H5, GoD, stc) and are looking for the old qualities they experienced in the golden era. I wish they knew about Classic. Classic offers the oldie but goldie qualities supported by a fresh environment, graphics engine and development. If you don't show them, they will never know how their beloved game has risen from the ashes already.

My suggestions (yes, yes I know, you have already made your decision):

Enchance your AdWords advertisements with creatives like: "Missing the old Lineage2" or sth like that. Your task is not to advertise your server, but the Classic experience itself. Tough job, I know. Unfortunately I have not seen any ads by you on the entire internet so far, but with a small budget, you could make wonders and people would leave all those rotten and old IL servers for Classic anytime if they knew about this project. Target audiences based on interest and use keywords for Lineage2, Interlude, C3, C4, etc etc. Make your landing main page very informative about Classic and share the most important features that the project has to offer.

Classic needs more attention and pushes than any other chronicle of L2. I think the new H5 server would only give you a lot of work but it will have nothing to do with Classic. Do not waste time and energy on a new mainstream server. The more people on this Classic server, the more money to you, developers. Consider this...

Relocate some of your money and put it your awesome Classic project. Get people know about the constantly progressing new/old Lineage2, show them its perks.

Sorry for mein englando.

Cheers!

• Like 2