Kse

L2Classic.club Future

NCSoft made a terrible marketing with Classic a few years ago.

If you want your classic experience to be known by more L2 fans, then you should do that advertising/hype by yourself. Look at all those trashy voting sites, they are full of Interlude servers, because people are sick and tired of the new L2 (H5, GoD, stc) and are looking for the old qualities they experienced in the golden era. I wish they knew about Classic. Classic offers the oldie but goldie qualities supported by a fresh environment, graphics engine and development. If you don't show them, they will never know how their beloved game has risen from the ashes already.

My suggestions (yes, yes I know, you have already made your decision):

Enchance your AdWords advertisements with creatives like: "Missing the old Lineage2" or sth like that. Your task is not to advertise your server, but the Classic experience itself. Tough job, I know. Unfortunately I have not seen any ads by you on the entire internet so far, but with a small budget, you could make wonders and people would leave all those rotten and old IL servers for Classic anytime if they knew about this project. Target audiences based on interest and use keywords for Lineage2, Interlude, C3, C4, etc etc. Make your landing main page very informative about Classic and share the most important features that the project has to offer.

Classic needs more attention and pushes than any other chronicle of L2. I think the new H5 server would only give you a lot of work but it will have nothing to do with Classic. Do not waste time and energy on a new mainstream server. The more people on this Classic server, the more money to you, developers. Consider this...

Relocate some of your money and put it your awesome Classic project. Get people know about the constantly progressing new/old Lineage2, show them its perks.

Sorry for mein englando.

Cheers!

​^+1

What he have is most likely the best Classic server available, better than official even. By opening a second lowrate server we're risking to lose this dominanc and I just don't think that's worth it :( Make more advertisement, rework the newbie package so newbies aren't leaving before 40...

• Like 2

Hi there! First of all, you are doing a big mistake with a plan to open H5 server.. Cos as i see some of L2 projects preparing/planing to open Classic servers, while you do opposite, trying to open H5 server (and i think of cost of classic server population).. Your classic server was first private server, who got most attention and attracted almost all classic lovers, but then you started to screwing it up.. You gonna ask me how? Simple: You started to making "Custom Classic" not 'Pure Classic" server. You talking about that server is 1+ years old and for new players it would be hard to catch up old players. SO START THINKING! You removed D grade armor quest (that associates with word "custom server" cos you removed a feature of L2 classic) with this Quest newbies would able to play little bit easier and faster to catch up old players. If i'm not mistaken you talked about 2.0 update with some "fixings" and editing some of 2.0 update features (if i remember correctly something about summoners summons and pets soulshots) and again with that it proves you doing custom classic server and screwing it up. why i say custom? Cos i don't like when official L2 features of classic server have been removed, edited, etc. When you started doing this, people got scared of fact that they not gonna get ALL INCLUDED FEATURES IN UPDATE VERSION (like 1.5 and 2.0)...

P.S.: and drop a price of premium acc or change something, like with premium you can run x clients per PC, while free acc able to run MAX 2 clients per PC, who will also let newbie players to box support (or other char) to catch old players..

I think its a good ideia, i wont leave classic to play another HF. Ive played this chronicle on RPG-CLUB for years, i quited L2 for 2 years (after the last HF on rpgclub) and just came back cuz some friends joined the classic club here and we have the spirit of the real L2 back after so long. I hope your plan goes right and it do bring more players to join the classic, i believe my ally will remain strong here on classic and i can say for my CP, we wont move to HF. Im playing here for 2 months and build a lot and the fun is just starting :D

• Haha 1

This is a bad idea in my opinion. Servers with chronicles HF is a lot more sense if no one appear. But once the opening 2017 winter classic 2.0 would not be bad (this is my point of view). Even if you do and there will be many people in the CP that he will live no more than 3-4 months, then will not be available online, players will remain single, and a couple of packs of 2-3 maximum. Reopening the classic 2.0 immediately available online would be a lot, just not realistic, since all the quick Start on equal terms, for those who go to the server is now hard to catch up with who is playing with the opening of almost any opening.

Hi there! First of all, you are doing a big mistake with a plan to open H5 server.. Cos as i see some of L2 projects preparing/planing to open Classic servers, while you do opposite, trying to open H5 server (and i think of cost of classic server population).. Your classic server was first private server, who got most attention and attracted almost all classic lovers, but then you started to screwing it up.. You gonna ask me how? Simple: You started to making "Custom Classic" not 'Pure Classic" server. You talking about that server is 1+ years old and for new players it would be hard to catch up old players. SO START THINKING! You removed D grade armor quest (that associates with word "custom server" cos you removed a feature of L2 classic) with this Quest newbies would able to play little bit easier and faster to catch up old players. If i'm not mistaken you talked about 2.0 update with some "fixings" and editing some of 2.0 update features (if i remember correctly something about summoners summons and pets soulshots) and again with that it proves you doing custom classic server and screwing it up. why i say custom? Cos i don't like when official L2 features of classic server have been removed, edited, etc. When you started doing this, people got scared of fact that they not gonna get ALL INCLUDED FEATURES IN UPDATE VERSION (like 1.5 and 2.0)...

P.S.: and drop a price of premium acc or change something, like with premium you can run x clients per PC, while free acc able to run MAX 2 clients per PC, who will also let newbie players to box support (or other char) to catch old players..

​I never liked servers with custom features, i mean titanium sets and other crap :D. But here they mostly modify visual things. I support their idea in my opinion they made game better than on offi. Look offi servers like skelth are failing hard cos of bad features which we dont follow. This server doesnt follow any pay2win features which is very good. But i can agree with you up to some degree. Some custom changes are not good for all players. There was announced rush for destro, i supported this idea, but after reading forum for last 2 months, i think it shouldnt be done., and i was wrong. Also we shouldnt decide such things until we play on the new chronicle, cant know how strong some classes gonna be before playing them. Dont add ANY CUSTOM SkILS to any class. What conviced me? Zilions of post from ppl suggesting to add new skills to their classes in name of game balance. If u add only 1 skill to 1 class u break a rule and make every1 spaming to add other skils like "hey you added rush to destro, now add phoenix or smth to paladin cos its weaker than DA, etc".. Some cusrtom changes to skills could be better than oryginal but it would make ppl qq on forum to boost their classes so we cant afford this i think.There were many such posts appearing lately. I think Skills and Items should be saint thing that cant be changed in any case for the name of balance. Once you change one of them ppl gonna ask for more and server gonna fck up. About starting new server, i dunno bout chronicle but making new server is good for whole project to bring more ppl here.

• Like 2

Show me your trusted source then. Put screenshot from ur fking bot and get banned. No1 gonna believe in ur numbers bro without any proof

All the points u guys bringing up were already thought and discussed among us.  And he honestly do not think this will in any way hurt classic. We do trully believe it will work other way around. We get countless ppl who dont even enter the forum or site due to the fact they see server is running for 1 year almost. With a new completely diferent server, ppl will come to forum and site they will see the forum activity and the comenta about classic and it might change their point if view. 

In a bigger picture what we want is to get ppl like a lot if you, who got tired of 2 month servers with slacking admins but for their own reasons dont enjoy such hardcore gameplay, to have a place to enjoy their game with hardworking present administration who actualy cares.

Hopefuly instead if making 2000 ppl happy we can make 4000or 5000 happy on their own play style.

​so that's the server population? :ph34r:xD

• Haha 1

I'm supporting another server opening. Gave more of reasons in poll topic.

Most of people, playing here, and in l2 in total, are selfish and thinking about themselves only.

Blah Blah, it will hurt Classic. No, it won't.

Blah Blah you need to give us 100000500000 % of your time. They do, aren't they? You want event - here you go. You wasn't asking, as with the last one - "take it, enjoy, we know you wanted". You reported the bot - they answered. You reported a bug -  they checked and you have a reply, test meeting etc etc. Admins are always here and are doing their job. Tell me at least 1 more server with admins any close to ours. I bet you won't. Yea, some showing up for 1-2 months, bus as fast they are starting working, same fast they are disappearing. Our guys are here for a year or more. Always here for us. Knowing whats happening, people mood, opinion. And always reacting and not hiding or keeping silence as 99% of other server admins. They are listening to you. They are working on update.

You should start from yourself.

When Admins came out with idea to increase starting pack or boost for newcommers (dont remember exactly) few months ago, there was a drama like "WTF, we were getting all by ourself! Why they are better?!?! They have to suffer all we had to!"

Now and many last months, when new ppl are coming, high levels are not letting them farm, PKing, bringing boss minions, doing other crap. 

PLAYERS are causing gap between the players and slowering newcommers or even just killing their will to keep playing. 

PLAYERS will be first complaining if new ppl will get boost and will start hunting them even more.

Look at yourself and don't drop it all on admins.

P.S. I'm not licking any1 asses, and i agree that server need to be advertised more. But all your bullsh1t about admins and their thinking skills is just a trash. If our admins would be like others, this server wouldn't exist for months already. Too bad you are blind to see simple things and appreciate other's work.

• Like 1

what about wipe?...and make it 5x and u have a lot of ppl---> no adena seller

​that word doesnt exist on my book. sry son!

• Like 2

EXP boost until 40-45, make newcomers reach the middle game. It´s really simple.

​Indeed,

let people catch up. Exp might be an idea or just give them newbie packages > no grade / d grade equipment with a bunch of buff scrolls. I got help from a clan and it gave me a boost in my motivation to play. But not everyone is in that situation. Help them some :).

For existing clans: make it interesting too for existing clans to join us. Maybe some help to level the clan fast.

In a nutshell: Make them progress faster so they can catch up with the rest and are ready for the new update :).

I give almost 100% if u open server, and classic population drops, we will end like inova. For me it is even better idea to open second classic server and merge them later, than to open some sh1tty H5, which will die faster than we will get 2.0 update lol...

​Agree on the first part. Tho i would invest in the talking island server. Love the way you're doing it now and there are plenty of h5 servers. Maybe create events to spread the news with small rewards?

• Like 1

I would start on H5 because it's easier to level and get gear. I like playing Shillien Elder and in H5 it will be so much easier and fun. I can make money to gear myself, here it's so hard I have to stay with devotion to have 15% casting speed. The idea of classic and classic.club implementations are interesting, giving classes like PP and SE might of heaven for all mobs, and other custom changes like those are appealing to me. If you added some mana herb drops on classic I would reconsider. Quest adena reward is broken... some quests in early 40s give so good adena when the server rates are x3. Eh...when your H5 server dies in 6 months maybe people will return to classic. 

Your new H5 server announcement made me enter a battle of choices between Classic and H5.... I hate this feeling. I think that I'm 90% sure I will leave classic for H5. 

what about wipe?...and make it 5x and u have a lot of ppl---> no adena seller

​Increasing xp doesnt change anything, if u play classic u know that. Classic idea is not like h5, u dont need to max and then pvp. U pvp while leveling.

• Like 1

I would start on H5 because it's easier to level and get gear. I like playing Shillien Elder and in H5 it will be so much easier and fun. I can make money to gear myself, here it's so hard I have to stay with devotion to have 15% casting speed. The idea of classic and classic.club implementations are interesting, giving classes like PP and SE might of heaven for all mobs, and other custom changes like those are appealing to me. If you added some mana herb drops on classic I would reconsider. Quest adena reward is broken... some quests in early 40s give so good adena when the server rates are x3. Eh...when your H5 server dies in 6 months maybe people will return to classic. 

Your new H5 server announcement made me enter a battle of choices between Classic and H5.... I hate this feeling. I think that I'm 90% sure I will leave classic for H5. 

​As a fellow recharger you should hate the idea of mana herbs :D But I agree, the idea of much faster progress will be appealing for many people, that's why I'm so afraid of the H5 server...

And +1 on the quest rewards, they're really awful, all of them, for example the Alligator Island quest, you need to kill 1000+ mobs (which drop ~1500 adena each) to get 4000 adena as a quest reward?! I mean, usually I'd say 'if you dont like them then dont do them' but the reward is literally nonexistent, and some of us like doing quests... But getting 2 mobs worth of gold for 2 days of work is just depressing.

​As a fellow recharger you should hate the idea of mana herbs :D But I agree, the idea of much faster progress will be appealing for many people, that's why I'm so afraid of the H5 server...

And +1 on the quest rewards, they're really awful, all of them, for example the Alligator Island quest, you need to kill 1000+ mobs (which drop ~1500 adena each) to get 4000 adena as a quest reward?! I mean, usually I'd say 'if you dont like them then dont do them' but the reward is literally nonexistent, and some of us like doing quests... But getting 2 mobs worth of gold for 2 days of work is just depressing.

​You can make ~1mil adena from those lvl 40 quests in Cruma if the rates are 3x-4x. And other quests are worthwhile in rewards if the rates are 3-4x. I think that all 20s quests are worth it when the adena reward is good. I hate crafting in lineage, too much fail, so I farm and make quests in order to buy my gear. This is possible in H5, especially when you make 76 and consider taking turn undead (as a SE) and farm in pagan temple, or make a DA/SK sub and farm toi with banish seraph at angels and platinum tribe. As one guy wrote on some forum "people think that 50-100 adena drop makes the game nostalgic", 

Well, you might be right with the herb idea, but I was thinking of herbs that give you small and medium mana amount. It's bad to farm 3 min, then sit 5 min...

So basically you are going to wait until patch 2.0 comes ( Until january or more ) to give some incentive to fresh starters? Its easier to wait for the other classic projects launch, instead of starting here.

So basically you are going to wait until patch 2.0 comes ( Until january or more ) to give some incentive to fresh starters? Its easier to wait for the other classic projects launch, instead of starting here.

​and you still will not have on those other servers most of the stuff you guys are asking here for the newbies. so what would be the point?

anyway i think you guys are not considering also the psychological part of a difficulty level burst. imagine we make all that you guys suggested, lets say, herbs for low levels, and extra exp and free d grade and all of this. so guy will start in 2 days he will get to 40, he wont have money for anything becuz he exped way faster then he should so he didnt farmed money, his useless moon knight set is now even more useless, all the easy extras he had till now are now over. so what now? instead of having someone who took 5 days to get to level 40 but he got there and he was rdy for what was coming, you gonna get a guy who got to lvl 40 for free and now he is naked and stomped of how hard this game is.

​and you still will not have on those other servers most of the stuff you guys are asking here for the newbies. so what would be the point?

anyway i think you guys are not considering also the psychological part of a difficulty level burst. imagine we make all that you guys suggested, lets say, herbs for low levels, and extra exp and free d grade and all of this. so guy will start in 2 days he will get to 40, he wont have money for anything becuz he exped way faster then he should so he didnt farmed money, his useless moon knight set is now even more useless, all the easy extras he had till now are now over. so what now? instead of having someone who took 5 days to get to level 40 but he got there and he was rdy for what was coming, you gonna get a guy who got to lvl 40 for free and now he is naked and stomped of how hard this game is.

​I've been playing for 2 weeks and I got a D weapon, devotion set, some bssd and 150k adena, lvl 29. It was/is so boring to rest for mana. Couldn't find a clan, the only raid party I found ended with a server disconnection, so yeah, I will definitely leave for H5, until it dies, cause all h5 servers die. It's such a pity that this beautiful game is being destroyed with every update that comes on official GoD. I mean. I really liked the GoD idea, BUT not the awakening. If they really wanted to introduce that awakening they should've kept the system of 32 classes. I mean, was it really hard to give, for example, Cardinals those Aeore skills: Panic heal, Progressive heal, Balance heal, party celestial, single target celestial? Was it hard to give SE/EE Brilliant recharge and that mass recharge, but NO balance heal or other skills from Cardinal? The most I like about GoD is everything until you awaken. Giving SE major heal, EE greater grp heal, making inquisitor a non-transform skill, so you can heal yourself. Everything before awakening is so nice, except those BD/SWS common dances/songs, cause that was a precursor to eliminating a Bard (BD/SWS) from the party, cause they lowered the number in parties. Let's face it, lineage 2 kind of stopped being the game we loved when Awakening came. I like some things in awakened classes too, the healer for example, it really is a healer with self sustainability in both mana and health. We cling to h5 because it was the last chronicle of the game we loved. This classic game is nice only because it's a hybrid, giving other classes' skills to other classes (PP/SE - might of heaven), giving some new passives, some new skills in 3rd class. I play here because some things are customized and balanced. I don't want extra xp or higher rates, but some mana herbs here or there and actual adena farming would be nice. I for one like to farm my money and buy my gear, maybe craft some jewels.

​Well, increase the adena rate for <40 as well... Or give some material/C keys/recipes pack for achieving level 40... Or give a shadow low C grade weapon for 1 week... Or finally boost the quest rates so they can do them aside from farming (which is long overdue anyway, as I mentioned above you often have to slay hundreds to thousands of mobs to get 2 of those mobs worth of adena as reward)... Or edit some lower quest so that you get some of the reward I mentioned above (C grade weapon coupon, reasonable ammount of mats, 25% adena rune, buff cocktails... Anything that would help them).

Honestly, any option would probably work better than letting newbies quit around ~30 because they're alone and nobody cares about them :(

• Like 1

I think some of you guys are missing the point of Classic in general. Classic is supposed to be HARD. It was always meant to be.
However I agree with the point that newcomers shall receive better support bc the server is almost 1yr old. Players who started several months ago shouldn't be bragging about having their painful and long farm destroyed by these implementations. This is a very stubborn and ignorant approach. Deleting moon knight was a mistake imo. Why? Because that set only gives Pdef basically, no set effect, has no crystal value, untradable, it has nothing to do with better D grade sets. One of the devs tried to explain me that moon knight quest would destroy D grade market. How come? Think it over, only newcomers would do that quest bc older characters can just buy a Briga anytime they want. On the other hand, moon would give newbies a great opportunity to spare some of their money for a weapon or C grade armor. It was not a coincidence that NCsoft implemented this feature to Classic in 1.5. Please introduce Moon in 2.0 and give some love to newcomers.

About the H5 plan, I can just repeat myself. Enchance THIS classic server's marketing and you will not need any other server to open. Many L2 fans don't even know about the existence of Classic, show them its perks and they will leave the trashy old IL servers. People who play on IL servers (hundreds of thousands worldwide) want relive the golden era of Lineage 2. It is a pity that they don't know about Classic that offers the old and gold values supported by a fresh environment, development and even graphics.

Work on Talking Island x3, launch impactful advertisements about the Classic experience and the playerbase will skyrocket. If you do this, you create a win-win situation. On one hand you will keep the awesome Classic project more relevant as was before and on the other hand you will benefit from it financially.

• Like 1

I mean, I could see the H5 as a very advanced long con, because when the H5 server inevitably dies after half year, they'll see the classic is still up after 2 years and join here instead :D