ve3k

Color chat for L2:classic client

Color chat v3.02 - (minor adjustment) copy and rename

Change log - track of changes in color chat file

Chat filter removal you can see swearing in chat ;)

NOTE: always backup your original files

NOTE: updater will overwrite the file, launch the game with l2.exe and replace the files after every patch

Older versions:

-----

Color chat v2.40 -  (without showing skill used) copy and rename

Color chat v2.41 - (showing skill used) copy and rename

Color chat v3.00 - (l2classic.club v1.5) copy and rename

Color chat v3.01 - (fixed minor popup bugs) copy and rename

• Like 5

You should do a file comparison, in order to add the new texts that come from 1.5 (since i assume this is 1.0 versioned). Still, the messages dont change that much, so it should work OK.

Yo.

Can anyone provide the file responsible for this: (was previously available by Morim, dunno and havent tested if it works for this version)

Having Full screen L2 client and when pressing ALT+TAB the client and the PC behaves like L2 is not on fullscreen but on Window mode.

p.s: After 10years of this game I always wondered why the brightness of my screen when doing everything else except playing L2 goes higher, when L2 open and minimized... Anyone knows? :D

Yo.

Can anyone provide the file responsible for this: (was previously available by Morim, dunno and havent tested if it works for this version)

Having Full screen L2 client and when pressing ALT+TAB the client and the PC behaves like L2 is not on fullscreen but on Window mode.

p.s: After 10years of this game I always wondered why the brightness of my screen when doing everything else except playing L2 goes higher, when L2 open and minimized... Anyone knows? :D

​It's a curse, also bothers me ever since I started playing xD

@samus there is option implemented in l2 client to run in full window mode now, no need for "hacks"

Brightness issues are due to basic game code and unreal2 engine. Its very old :)

Try setting brightness in game settings to lowest and then use your graphic card options to adjust brightness ofr L2, Just an idea, never tried doing that.

I've upgraded v2.41 to 3.00. It contains aditional classic 1.5 messages and included l2classic.club specific changes and messages.

Test for yourself and leave comments or suggestions :)

Yo.

​about the brightness it does that to everyone not only you. this is something that we have to live with. they will never fix it. its a windows thing

In fact - this is an ordinary text file. Nothing to fear.

​.dat files are not text files...

​Not quite right. In fact, it is this file is a text file. He simply encoded in .dat format.

Is it only on chat window, or the text pops above character?

​text like?

its encoded

​if u mean dmg/critical/over hit/sp/xp/healing done pop up message, u can set it up on l2 options