Sign in to follow this  
Donie

Detailed server information

Hi All,

Started playing in this server couple of days ago, enjoying it at the moment and loving the hardcore gameplay. However I am very confused with server details and I could not find this info anywhere. L2Wiki does not have much information too.

1. Whats the story with archers? Could anyone explain? I mean when you go for low level rb and whole party pulls out bows and starts shooting??
  2. There was this NPC in some villages that gives you 3x exp buff that lasts 1h. I don't see that NPC anymore, was this been removed? Why?
  3. I started playing as Orc fighter (Destroyer in near future ;) ) and wanted to know pros & cons of this character in this server as I could not find any info. I read that this class is useless, but no explanations why. Does anyone have any info about this?
  4. How come some characters (Paladin for example) can spam his shield stun with 100% success rate and can actually hold me stunned for atleast 30secs. Is that supposed to be in officeial L2 classic?
  5. Anywhere I could gather some more detailed info about this server in particular?

Thank you for your help!

Donie. 

i will try to help with what i think i know but better w8 for a player answer about the ingame stuff xD

1- i believe archers are coll for RB simply cuz its for free when it comes in terms of damage. tank just runs and archer pew pew till boss dies, its prolly the easier way to raid.

2- NPC in village is called proclaimer. it shows up when the castle of that territory is engraved to Light side. just open your map and go to siege info on the territories you see no taxes applies (0%) means castle is with light seal and there will be that npc in those towns.

3- i like the destroyer kit myselft, its not anymore the 1 hit frenzied beast it once was but i think it makes good for a big punching bag and when you catch someone you can do some funny stuff. will become better in 2.0 after 3rd class changes. (this is where you should w8 for the players reply since they play the game they prolly know something i dont)

4- debuff land rate on classic is very high, for instance basicly all stuns have around 90% chance of landing if you dont have any resist or if char is same lvl or higher level then you.

5- browse around on forum, if theres any particualr info you cant find feel free to ask.

this should give u overall info in all aspects of 2.0 (oly, pvp, pve), other things san0 explained well

2.0 destro solo xp

2.0 high lvl destro oly 

2.0 mid lvl mass pvp pov

Edited by MoDoy

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

2.0 destro solo xp

I believe that's with retail Othell's rune though; last time I heard San0 was playing with thought of having it work customly here, aka giving 37,5 crit rate instead of 375 at lv 13

11 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

I believe that's with retail Othell's rune though; last time I heard San0 was playing with thought of having it work customly here, aka giving 37,5 crit rate instead of 375 at lv 13

dunno where u read it, but san0 said they wont customize things just yet, that they will see how the balance is first and then do the changes if necessary

so we are getting this rune off like at the start

17 hours ago, MoDoy said:

dunno where u read it, but san0 said they wont customize things just yet, that they will see how the balance is first and then do the changes if necessary

so we are getting this rune off like at the start

They've taken incorrect values which are being used on GK with a completely different server situation (they're getting Othell's rune rework anyway), but decided not to fix it on the test server for the time being:

On 3. 3. 2017 at 4:20 PM, San0 said:

as far as i know on GK they still have the values presented on first board, so thats what we will have here at least on the test server.

I'm not sure what's there to "balance" since it's pretty much a PvE rune. To screw or not to screw up with fighters, that's the only question xD

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

They've taken incorrect values which are being used on GK with a completely different server situation (they're getting Othell's rune rework anyway), but decided not to fix it on the test server for the time being:

what incorrect values GK has? it has normal lvl 13 rune giving 375 crit rate

6 hours ago, MoDoy said:

what incorrect values GK has? it has normal lvl 13 rune giving 375 crit rate

They do? In that case I stand corrected, and if it really is the case - all EU, Korea and Russian classic server haveing the 75~375 crit rate bonus on those runes - there should be absolutely no reason to have custom, lowered values here :)

8 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

They do? In that case I stand corrected, and if it really is the case - all EU, Korea and Russian classic server haveing the 75~375 crit rate bonus on those runes - there should be absolutely no reason to have custom, lowered values here :)

i saw pve video of OL xping with demon dagger +12 with OL buffs+dances, capping 500 crit rate, and back in the time i had no idea about the rune and was wondering how the **** can he cap it :D after i realized that rune gives 375 crit rate, it all made sense

On 28.03.2017 at 6:37 PM, FryderykChopin said:

Ofc there is a reason :f Think for a moment about how many people were always annoyed with the fact that nukers and archers dominate all of the mass PvPs due to their range DPS and inability to close the range before dying when playing as a warrior. With additionall crit rate (even if they will cap after using only 180 crit rate from othell) archers will become even more deadly and there will be even less chance for fighters to close the distance. So archers will greatly increase their PvP potential while melee fightes (who by many are considered underwhelming even without the othell runes in the play) will gain almost nothing since most of their dmg is coming from skills anyway :f It will only further strengthen the always existing archer and nuker meta :f

2 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

Ofc there is a reason :f Think for a moment about how many people were always annoyed with the fact that nukers and archers dominate all of the mass PvPs due to their range DPS and inability to close the range before dying when playing as a warrior. With additionall crit rate (even if they will cap after using only 180 crit rate from othell) archers will become even more deadly and there will be even less chance for fighters to close the distance. So archers will greatly increase their PvP potential while melee fightes (who by many are considered underwhelming even without the othell runes in the play) will gain almost nothing since most of their dmg is coming from skills anyway :f It will only further strengthen the always existing archer and nuker meta :f

If you get killed on melees from archers who auto attack and not FC than you are pretty much noob, melees can very easily smack archer parties and are very important part of mass pvps (Yes, you dont make tons of frags, however thats not your job, you are supposed to peel for mage/archer parties).

Other than that, i am pretty confident this othel rune might help melees more than archers in pvp and reason is simple: archers will get like 120-150 critical rate bonus from it because of their already high critical rate, on the other hand destroyer/tyrant will fully profit from the critical runes because of their low crit rate and on zealot which gives them 100% bonus critical damage on auto attacks will boost them insanely

1 hour ago, FinalFen said:

I don't play archie but I've heard the high level archer CPs on offic are using different runes anyway since with fullbuff you get close to the cap anyway and it doesn't provide such drastic change, as reaper mentioned.

But I think one way or another nukers are going to dominate here on 2.0 anyway because of the crazy overenchanted guns (ruoff have like ~ +7 mage weapons max and here we have many +12 guns) with combination of the seraph buff.

Edited by FryderykChopin

On 6.09.2017 at 11:22 AM, Reaper said:

Other than that, i am pretty confident this othel rune might help melees more than archers in pvp and reason is simple: archers will get like 120-150 critical rate bonus from it because of their already high critical rate

Not sure if I can agree with that. If we had SA on weapons then ye Archers wouild achieve near 400 crit rate with a bow but without that average archer with COV will sit on around 300-340(?) crit rate (unless there was a crit rate change in Classic). So you are still earning effectively around 170-200 crit rate (which is freaking a lot) and doubt I would pass it for any other rune.

3 hours ago, FinalFen said:

Not sure if I can agree with that. If we had SA on weapons then ye Archers wouild achieve near 400 crit rate with a bow but without that average archer with COV will sit on around 300-340(?) crit rate (unless there was a crit rate change in Classic). So you are still earning effectively around 170-200 crit rate (which is freaking a lot) and doubt I would pass it for any other rune.

That goes for solo players, not CPs. Its not hard to make 76 lvl on Saviors Update, so every party will have cov/vop, thus the archers will profit 120-150 crit rate bonus as i said, while fighters will be able to get full 300+ crit rate boost, for which they have skills which increase critical damage drastically, unlike archers. So yeah, i still stand behind melee parties will profit more from othel crit runes more than archers (Eventho they will use it as well).