Sign in to follow this  
Ikcen

The PK problem

I have a problem with the PK on this server. It happened to me few times, and I realize the whole concept here is very wrong. The players do PK without any reasons and consequences. There are people with thousands of PKs and few PvPs. In general the PK is an essential part of the open world PvP. Every PvP starts with an attempt to PK. But here the PK do not leads to PvP. In general it is griefing of low level players from high level players. This is not L2. This is Tera. In L2 the PK has consequences, and that is why the game is so good. The whole concept with PK scrolls is absurd. It is clear P2W, as you can pay to save time, and to avoid the consequences. With GoD the NCSoft made the PK almost impossible and destroyed the OW PvP, but here I see the opposite extremity. Where is the classic quest system for PK clearance?

And do not get me wrong, my problem is not that someone will PK me. The problem is the PK is completely pointless like this. Every noob can PK when there are not consequences.

11 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

I have a problem with the PK on this server.

its not problem of server, but chronicle (if u gonna call it problem)

11 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

With GoD the NCSoft made the PK almost impossible and destroyed the OW PvP, but here I see the opposite extremity.

yep, i remember the times when GoD was released, u made 85 lvl, awakened and then pked someone? ok, u can go make new character, coz u will never dekarma even that 1 pk point :D

13 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

Where is the classic quest system for PK clearance?

The problem is the PK is completely pointless like this. Every noob can PK when there are not consequences.

what exactly would classic quest change? (except the thing u would have to go to npc twice (first to start sin eater, then after u lvl him), because from what i remember, it wasnt that hard to lvl that guy to clear pks

also i dont remember i ever dropped from pk even if there were sin eater quests, maybe noobs dropped (because no bsoe or went for 5+ pks)

in 2.0 this kind of griefing will slightly fade (not totally), coz pk scrolls will be like 10x more expensive

26 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

I have a problem with the PK on this server. It happened to me few times, and I realize the whole concept here is very wrong. The players do PK without any reasons and consequences. There are people with thousands of PKs and few PvPs. In general the PK is an essential part of the open world PvP. Every PvP starts with an attempt to PK. But here the PK do not leads to PvP. In general it is griefing of low level players from high level players. This is not L2. This is Tera. In L2 the PK has consequences, and that is why the game is so good. The whole concept with PK scrolls is absurd. It is clear P2W, as you can pay to save time, and to avoid the consequences. With GoD the NCSoft made the PK almost impossible and destroyed the OW PvP, but here I see the opposite extremity. Where is the classic quest system for PK clearance?

And do not get me wrong, my problem is not that someone will PK me. The problem is the PK is completely pointless like this. Every noob can PK when there are not consequences.

You are not the first and not the last guy, who was pked by me,i remember you and your support

even mighty members of fightclub are dieing

Shot00067.jpg

Classic , pretends to be classic, and in old chronicles you used to be Pked as much as know even if the PK cleaning system was the old way.

It doesnt matter , people that enjoy playing that way will continue doing it no matter what PK system is there.

If you got problems with this, you should just play on oficial Lineage 2 Truly Free servers, wich most of the pvp/pk system is mostly instanced and fucked up :D wich is like a WoW nowdays :P

It seems you missed the point, you have level 43 character and PK level 20-30 characters, with some stupid inferiority complex. Like I say every noob can PK here without consequences. Will you do the same if there is a chance to drop gear and lose exp, and you need 20-30 minutes to clear some of the PK score? I doubt. It is clear why NCSoft made the system like this - P2W. But why here do they keep the same system?

9 hours ago, Ikcen said:

Anti-PK buff till 40.

Educational purpose of these PK(ppl learn to cooperate to defence themselves).

Proffesinal PK have 5+ PK and drop from them. Non-professional - PKing for a reason (for spot for example). Sure I met some jerks but not many.

You dont realize that tought PK system leads to abusing it, not preventing it. In C1-C2 (no clearance of PK and drop from 1 PK, no bsoe) we had ppl who trick you with different ways to PK them, then high lvl logged and drop you.

55 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

It seems you missed the point, you have level 43 character and PK level 20-30 characters, with some stupid inferiority complex. Like I say every noob can PK here without consequences. Will you do the same if there is a chance to drop gear and lose exp, and you need 20-30 minutes to clear some of the PK score? I doubt. It is clear why NCSoft made the system like this - P2W. But why here do they keep the same system?

idk what u are talking about, u can drop here as well if u have more than 4 pks, just  ppl are more careful with it

also clearing pks is also time consuming? u have to run to floran and u have 3 mins reuse on scroll, so do the math

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

idk what u are talking about, u can drop here as well if u have more than 4 pks, just  ppl are more careful with it

also clearing pks is also time consuming? u have to run to floran and u have 3 mins reuse on scroll, so do the math

yep, also its 200+k in adena to clear 3 pk+tp

3 hours ago, kktnxbye said:

yep, also its 200+k in adena to clear 3 pk+tp

200 k adena is nothing. Also all you need is to buy scrolls, and 3 minutes, c'mon. Is this a joke? Literally there are no consequences from the PK. Have you ever played the real L2? Before the Kamaels? I was PKed 2-3 times till now, and I play here from a month. So it is not a big deal, in fact it is not a deal. The problem is like that the whole PK thing is pointless. You cannot trick someone to PK you and to loot him. The high lvl characters have no limits to PK newbies - they do not, but this is not the point. In general the system do not work. The PK is safe, and what is the point of the red name then?

1 hour ago, Ikcen said:

200 k adena is nothing. Also all you need is to buy scrolls, and 3 minutes, c'mon. Is this a joke? Literally there are no consequences from the PK. Have you ever played the real L2? Before the Kamaels? I was PKed 2-3 times till now, and I play here from a month. So it is not a big deal, in fact it is not a deal. The problem is like that the whole PK thing is pointless. You cannot trick someone to PK you and to loot him. The high lvl characters have no limits to PK newbies - they do not, but this is not the point. In general the system do not work. The PK is safe, and what is the point of the red name then?

1 pk = 3 minutes

also u got pked 3 times a month and u consider it a lot? :D there are some ppl that got pked by me like 5 times in ONE day at 60 lvl ++, and they still live and play :D 

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

1 pk = 3 minutes

also u got pked 3 times a month and u consider it a lot? :D there are some ppl that got pked by me like 5 times in ONE day at 60 lvl ++, and they still live and play :D 

Still you cannot get to the point. It is not about me. It is about the game. Now the PK is broken. And this is a problem of the gameplay. Some idiot has 8-9000 PKs and just few PvPs. Count it. Now tell me how the PK has consequences. Most players are adult, smart persons, so that does not seem like a big issue. But it is. The PK is important. It should be dangerous, it should have consequences. It should be the final option. But it should be there when you want a spot, boss, vengeance. Now it is just griefing without consequences. And that makes it pointless. They could remove the scrolls, the PK points, and the karma, nothing will change in general.

i think you dont fully understand how the pk system works.

1 - you cannot use pk scroll while with karma. meaning if you are with karma you still gonna have to clean it like you would before, if you are with karma and over 4 pks you still gonna drop items if you die. 

2- the point of quest cleaning pks was the time person used to level up the sin eater. in a normal situation player takes longer to remove 5 pks with scroll then he would take with sin eater.

3- the ppl that run around with 9k pk points, they would run around with 9k pk points either way if there would be no pk scrolls becuz if you get to 9k pk points i dont think they are very worried about the consequences anyway.

to sum up: consequences are the same they used to be. and pk cleaning takes basicly same time if not more then with sin eater considering you had chance of geting up to 10 pk points removed with it. not to mention the fact that its more expensive with the scroll then it would be with sin eater that would eat like 2 wolf food during the lvling process.

also for the ppl who get pked by high lvl under lvl 40, you guys should start using the blessing buff from the npc.

• Like 1

it actually cost more to pk now that it did on some of old chronicles. You could have augmented weapon jevels and {pvp} armor and you could drop only consumeables or boots/gloves/helmet. Now you cant make safe use of your main items when you are PKing. Also in old times you just lvled sin eater to clear pks, now you need to pay adena and waste probably even more time to clear pks than with sin eater. Also in old chronicles there was chance to drop items when you had 5 or more pk, Now you already drop items when ur red and 4 pks..

Edited by Rizos

well classic cant have other system than this one, its still limited on club tho, with the cd on scroll use, running to floran, etc.

and its made becouse at lvl 60+ there are two valiable spots to exp with pt. so you have to fight for spots, imagine if someone had to pk random pt at lvl 65+ becouse dealing with karma takes a lot of time, they do not fight back. and you waste 2h+ on cleaning karma and then exping sin eater to drop 9 pks. this encourage parties to fight back. and sadly makes it easy for ppl to pk lowbies.

the thing that would help is: every 10 lvls difference makes you get x5 normal karma, or x10 even

Edited by draco

On 2017-4-28 at 9:07 PM, Ikcen said:

8a4d366b563bc1008511870aa94888fc_mickey-

13 hours ago, San0 said:

i think you dont fully understand how the pk system works.

1 - you cannot use pk scroll while with karma. meaning if you are with karma you still gonna have to clean it like you would before, if you are with karma and over 4 pks you still gonna drop items if you die. 

2- the point of quest cleaning pks was the time person used to level up the sin eater. in a normal situation player takes longer to remove 5 pks with scroll then he would take with sin eater.

3- the ppl that run around with 9k pk points, they would run around with 9k pk points either way if there would be no pk scrolls becuz if you get to 9k pk points i dont think they are very worried about the consequences anyway.

to sum up: consequences are the same they used to be. and pk cleaning takes basicly same time if not more then with sin eater considering you had chance of geting up to 10 pk points removed with it. not to mention the fact that its more expensive with the scroll then it would be with sin eater that would eat like 2 wolf food during the lvling process.

also for the ppl who get pked by high lvl under lvl 40, you guys should start using the blessing buff from the npc.

This is not exactly accurate. The quest did not clean all the PK points, but random numbers. So to clean 5 or more often you needed to make it multiple times. One time took about 20 minutes, with 5-10 minutes to clean the karma, so half hour or more. In general the scroll system may work with longer delays or longer karma, or higher prices. 3 minutes for reuse is simply not enough to be called a penalty. As for the persons with 9k points, probably you are right.

And as I said already, it is not about me, personally I have no problem with the PKs as a player. But this is an issue of the gameplay in general. The PK is an essential part of the gameplay in L2. I hope you will make some fix when you implement the 2.0 version.

Edited by Ikcen

Dude did you ever PK anyone on this server? Looks like you have no clue what you are talking about. Go with 0 pk counter pk 5 ppl when ur around 40-50 lvl and if you dekarma faster than in 30 min (if ur not mage) ill call you good player. Not to mention during this 30+ minb ppl can find u and you drop items, after you finally dekarma ull run to floran 5 min and waste 12 min to clear pks so its around 1h wasted time

Edited by Rizos

Looks like it's whole server only high lvls who lurking in low lvl locations in order to pk newbies. Yea, nothing to do more in the game - pk noobs only!:D

Pal, looks like it's you never played cronicles 1-4. And have no idea what you are talking about. Plz grow up to 65 at least and then make your conclusions.

Here it's kind of even pointless to pk ppl even on 60lvl. Cause ee\bish res and guy will earn from 1-3 train in abg same % as you take from him.

Edited by kktnxbye

6 minutes ago, kktnxbye said:

Here it's kind of even pointless to pk ppl even on 60lvl. Cause ee\bish res and guy will earn from 1-3 train in abg same % as you take from him.

its not about %, its about sending the message!

>PK gets killed
>PK loses his weapon/armor/jewelry
no consequences? you are basically destroying your char and becoming a pker with no way back, you can't use any of the towns functions or nor can you normally exp.

PKing is a game style like any other and is an essential part of L2. Can't really see a problem here.

8 minutes ago, Tirnuel said:

>PK gets killed
>PK loses his weapon/armor/jewelry
no consequences? you are basically destroying your char and becoming a pker with no way back, you can't use any of the towns functions or nor can you normally exp.

PKing is a game style like any other and is an essential part of L2. Can't really see a problem here.

I see problem in your profil photo, i want see more. ???

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:07 AM, Ikcen said:

I totally agree with you.

Although l2 classic created the game this way