Sign in to follow this  
kWolF

Looking some info about project before jumping in

1. How old exactly is this project?

2. What is online +/- on peak times? I would like get honest answer from server administration on this part.

3. Which classic version is currently live? 1.5?

4. What is the future of the project? When 2.0 (if there is not yet) will be coming? As I quickly checked some topic about 2.0 latest post was on february. So what updates??

5. What are bonuses (if there are any) for newcomers?

6. Dualboxing Allowed or premium only? Is there any way dualbox w/o premium?

7. Class distribution. Is server's 90% of dps population nuker/archer based?

8. Summoners. Are they viable or piece of shjt and completely ignored (in case if there is no 2.0 yet)?

9. Any custom changes in order to balance out known classic server issues?

10. Donation list. P2W or not? How hard impact it actually has?

11. If there is anything I didn't asked and worth mentioning...

1. 1 year+

2. 2k+ was the last known number (will be higher when 2.0 arrives)

3. 1.5

4. 2.0 will be coming if not this month, then June (see Test server progress list)

6. Premium only, but you can dual box if you have 2 PC's

7. You can see every class running around. Only a few summoners/destroyers

8. Summoners are ok, a little bit behind until 2.0 arrives

9. I'll let others answer this question

10. P2W? Maybe on lower levels. I don't really feel an impact

11. I advice you to join discord for more questions

21 hours ago, kWolF said:

7 As an example ... Our 70+ CP has full active support but lack on DDs.... so it's far not 90% nuker/archer based..

Good luck

Edited by Black Sails

@point 6 - the premium is bought ingame through premium coins which you can also buy from other players, so later in the game it's possible to run like this without the need of paying premium each month. Though it's quite expensive.

1 hour ago, kWolF said:

2. What is online +/- on peak times? I would like get honest answer from server administration on this part.

4. What is the future of the project? When 2.0 (if there is not yet) will be coming? As I quickly checked some topic about 2.0 latest post was on february. So what updates??

8. Summoners. Are they viable or piece of shjt and completely ignored (in case if there is no 2.0 yet)?

1. it started on october 24th 2015

2. http://pix.my/66SR0d this is screen from 2-3 months ago from admins, certainly population got lower since then, because many ppl took break until 2.0 comes in, but a lot of ppl will be comming back

3. 1.5 (soon 2.0 :D )

4. there are some updates about 2.0 at the very bottom of the forum in testing section, u might give it a look

5. u have newbie pack, which contains top no grade weapon for 1 week, lots of soulshots, some buff scrolls/potions/SoE

6. only with premium, however if u have PC and laptop, u can box your buffer at laptop w/o having premium 

7. i know there are several CPs which has active supports but cannot find appropriete DDs to fill their setup, so definitely its not like 90% archer/nukers (here u can see admin info about class distribution after lvl 55 http://pix.my/DhhdEa )

8. atm they are not really like summoners, but they are not ignored in parties (look number 9.)

9. summoners got mass cubic skills and party summons (so queen the cat and seraphim unicorn), tanks got combat aura, vampiric effect is reworked and works only on melee auto attacks (so u dont vamp from nukes/archer shots), warcryer vampiric is boosted to match SEs vampiric

10. not really p2w on low scale, however since CoLs (donation currency) are sellable in game, some rich guys can buy MANY of those and sell for adena in game, however i dont think u can restrict these kind of things, other than that the items u can buy are not so p2w (death penalty reducing scrolls, PA, some accessories)

11. as Africa said, join discord (https://discord.gg/A8VdVKT) if u have more to ask, for sure someone will be there to answer

6 hours ago, kWolF said:

2.) I could say you that for example Castle sieges during past 2 months droped from ~200vs200 to 40vs150. Idk from where you are but Europe time is decently populated.. my wild guess is around 1.3k in peak (including all boxes).

8.) Thanks to custom changes they are decent (except PS). On 2.0 they would become beasts.

9.) I would say plenty of customs, some good, some very bad. But at least it shows interrest of GMs for this project.

10.) Depends on point of view. Every newbie is able to afford ++++ weapons in auction. OR not long time ago Chinese players donated  5000€ to buy/sell COL only to be able to buy clan hall in auction. That speaks for itself if its pay to win or not.

Rest questions are pretty much answered, good luck if you join us here ;)  

8 hours ago, kWolF said:

1. 1 year 8 months
  2. there was a screenshot of 2k + online last month , it's a bit slower than usual atm cuze people are waiting for 2.0. Also peaks are hard to know cuze there is representation of all time zones. There are asian clans/american ones and EU ones. Let's say that you can never free farm without wars and due to the different prime times the server never feels empty. For almost a 2 years old server it's fucking amazing online.
  3. 1.5
  4. We are expecting 2.0 open test very soon so if you start now you'd be around level 50 or so when the patch comes if u play 3-4 hours a day
  5.  Top non grade weapon / moon knight quest some basic scrolls/shots
  6.  Premium. You can use a 2nd pc. But most ppl buy premiums. On highier levels you can make enough adena to buy premium coins from other players.
  7.  Quite the opposite actually, for example my cp is lacking a phantom ranger while we have full support.
  8.  My personal opinion is they are one of the best classes on this patch ( talking about cat/pony). Until level 60 you have endless mana and can level as a caster without much hassle. From there you lack damage to level as a mage, but you are very useful in parties and mainly play as a support, at least until 2.0.
  9.  Summoners have the party buff pets os they arent useless pieces of shit until 2.0. VR is reverted to old effect, i.e works only for melee and not archers/mages. Orfen level 3 gives less but at a static % and not more mana at a %, making it less random.
  10.  On overall balance probably 0 impact. If you want to spend a lot of real life money, you can buy the donation currency  used to buy premiums and cosmetic stuff and sell it for adena to other players on market. But classic is based on team play so one person buying a lot of shit with adena doesnt really mean anything. The only huge economy effect was when the chinise ally bought COLs ( donation currency ) in such numbers that they crashed the price of COL's for 2-3 weeks from 200k each to 150k ( u need 100  for 30 days premium ) because they were trying to buy a clan hall.
  11. Dno server is cool, but there are many tryhards and expect to be ganked/pked even at partisan grounds, so take the newbie protection buff until 40 :D

5 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

Let's say that you can never free farm without wars

unless you are american

It's usual l2. You can spend your time to get things or can buy these with $. You can spoil\craft and sell and buy top equip or make enchants for yourself if you are lucky. Or you can buy adena or use auc. As soon almost all top clans have ++ weaps and stuff - it doesnt affect the balance so hard. Also its classic - here you more need lvls than equipment cause skills will just not affect to ppl higher lvl despite of ++weaps.

Good party\hands\knowing game mechanics means here more than ++ weapons. 

I like ES here. It's tanky cause TP and good mdef. If you change b\w heavy and robe u can be extreemly usefull. It has clarity (need for any aoe),emp&acumen (all mages need it), infinite mp, party mp regen (blessing) and magic skills cooldown (gift). Even in solo pvp it's good (in good hands). The problem with summoners is ppl dont know all advantiges of it and not always want to take it in aoe parties.

I play this server casually for about 2-3 months now and i thought i should answer some of your questions!

1. The server isnt new, you prolly figured that already, but in no terms its hard to reach into end-game, id even say its the right time to join since there is the natural cap of ct 1,5 content(75lvl, B grade) and you can have enough time to catch up and get ready for 2.0

2. I cant tell about that, its not very high, but its not declining for sure and for the time being i still see the zones i leveled being just as populated

3. Yes, the version is 1.5

4. I've no clue on that, tbh im in no rush seeing 2.0 live as i prefer to advance some more before i have to think of a-grade and reaching level for sub is still on my to do list!

5. There is a newbie pack which will set you with top NG weapon for a week and some miscellaneous stuff.

6. Dualbox is only premium available, you could log from a second pc if you have

7. I find the class distribution very well. I play BD

8. Summoners are quite cool class imo. I cant give you a solid answer on how good they are in 1.5 for siege, or pvp, but they are valued in groups.

9. Im not sure, as i havent played the official 1.5 server, but this version is definitely different from the 10y old(or more) l2 version and i could give you additional info on that if you are not familiar

10. I didnt really look much on the donation list, but i dont recall it being p2w heavy when i checked it before starting to play the server.

11. After reading my answers, im pretty sure you might wonder, if there is no dual box how are people leveling. Random groups and CP's are common. The two mainstream types are RB groups and AOE. There are AOE zones for pretty much any level stage. Its mostly feature for nukers, but support classes and a tank are required. Past 40 lvl, fighter classes like Gladiators and Warlords are also invited for they have strong aoe skills which also do over-hit. Summoners are also invited in those groups, with elemental summoenrs even having strong aoe servitor. Regarding RB parties, this is the option for fighters and archers in particular. Again you want a tank and some support classes, the only condition for fighters is to have bow(even without being an archer). And again summoners are welcome here. The warlock has a fighter buff similar to dance at higher level and summoners provide awesome mass cubics in general

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sylvant said:

4. I've no clue on that, tbh im in no rush seeing 2.0 live as i prefer to advance some more before i have to think of a-grade and reaching level for sub is still on my to do list!

there is not subclass implemented even on korean classic servers, and so far i havent seen them doing plans for doing that :P so on our server there wont be subclass for like 2 years at least even if koreans decide to implement it right now

1.  1 year 6 months 14 days + around 6-7 months of beta.
2.  3k-4k
3-4.  If u know this why question it LOL. 2.0 its done! need to test some things and GOOO! http://l2classic.club/forum/topic/11802-classic-club-preliminary-20-patch-notes/
5.  http://l2classic.club/forum/topic/12542-lowbie-love-mini-update-patch-notes/
6.  Premium only or have 2 pc's. (do not try experiments xD can get BANNED!)
7.  Class distribution its good just miss some tanks.
8.  Summoners give a lot of power-up!
9.  ????????what?
10.  Play 2 Win and a bit luck.
11.  Take care with PK's and Stunners!!

12. GO PLAY!!! GL

Edited by Ryok