Sign in to follow this  
Kure

Custom pets

Remove custom pets/cubics?   

70 members have voted

1. 1. So?

I guess question is pretty much clear..
This topic is mentioned every now and then, but I would really like to know opinion of majority of people.

Thing is with 2.0 upcoming the biggest weakness of summoners will disappear (shots) and these CUSTOMly added pets could possibly create huge disbalances. 
I am mentioning this mostly bcs of two possible scenarios... 
Cat crit dmg/crit rate buff... I believe most of the people knows that with othell crit rate rune it wont be a big problem to reach 500crit rate cap. That (in theory without al lthe passives etc) means every second hit as critical.. Add there some selfbuffs of specific classes (dead eye, zealot, angelic icon...) together with usuall fullbuff (+ 3rd class buff) and you could reach insane crit dmg (which is not capped ofc) with every second autohit (hello interlude archers)... i dont even mention epics...
I guess lot of ppl saw how, for example, fully stacked destro´s DPS looks like on OFI. Now imagine another crit damage boost (idc about crit rate cos it will be easily capped with or without cat buff anyway)...
Do we really need these custom cat buffs? 

Second issue is pony... Seraphim is broken on so many levels (and it will be even more ridiculous with 2.0)... Mostly for cooldown reduction buff (combine it with already OP mages, which will be even stronger on 2.0, sweet stuffs like renewall song etc... if you want to see vortex/vortex buster combo every 4-5 second or so (and regular nukes without coolldown at all).. well, thats up to you..
Speaking about pony... Mass cleanse every 5 seconds (+-) is broken as fuck even now on chronicle, which is based on debuffs. Compared to ES bishop looks like newbie...

About nightshade, well he doesnt have much to offer in terms of "op" but if we decide to remove these custom pets he should be erased as well.

Another story is about mass cubics...
I will make it short here, dot from ES from 9 ppl in pvp is ridiculous since it lands 100%, dmg from warlock cubic is w/e (but still need to count x9)... and if some melee pt face party with mass phantom cubic they can just press "to village" instantly... 

These are my opinions, feel free to discuss (try not to flame even if this topic was created by me) please...

P.S. Yes, before someone mention it here, i was glad for this custom change when it was implemented but for my defence back then i couldnt imagine how it could affect late-game and also i had zero clue about 2.0 features..

1 hour ago, Kure said:

I guess question is pretty much clear..
This topic is mentioned every now and then, but I would really like to know opinion of majority of people.

Thing is with 2.0 upcoming the biggest weakness of summoners will disappear (shots) and these CUSTOMly added pets could possibly create huge disbalances. 
I am mentioning this mostly bcs of two possible scenarios... 
Cat crit dmg/crit rate buff... I believe most of the people knows that with othell crit rate rune it wont be a big problem to reach 500crit rate cap. That (in theory without al lthe passives etc) means every second hit as critical.. Add there some selfbuffs of specific classes (dead eye, zealot, angelic icon...) together with usuall fullbuff (+ 3rd class buff) and you could reach insane crit dmg (which is not capped ofc) with every second autohit (hello interlude archers)... i dont even mention epics...
I guess lot of ppl saw how, for example, fully stacked destro´s DPS looks like on OFI. Now imagine another crit damage boost (idc about crit rate cos it will be easily capped with or without cat buff anyway)...
Do we really need these custom cat buffs? 

Second issue is pony... Seraphim is broken on so many levels (and it will be even more ridiculous with 2.0)... Mostly for cooldown reduction buff (combine it with already OP mages, which will be even stronger on 2.0, sweet stuffs like renewall song etc... if you want to see vortex/vortex buster combo every 4-5 second or so (and regular nukes without coolldown at all).. well, thats up to you..
Speaking about pony... Mass cleanse every 5 seconds (+-) is broken as fuck even now on chronicle, which is based on debuffs. Compared to ES bishop looks like newbie...

About nightshade, well he doesnt have much to offer in terms of "op" but if we decide to remove these custom pets he should be erased as well.

Another story is about mass cubics...
I will make it short here, dot from ES from 9 ppl in pvp is ridiculous since it lands 100%, dmg from warlock cubic is w/e (but still need to count x9)... and if some melee pt face party with mass phantom cubic they can just press "to village" instantly... 

These are my opinions, feel free to discuss (try not to flame even if this topic was created by me) please...

P.S. Yes, before someone mention it here, i was glad for this custom change when it was implemented but for my defence back then i couldnt imagine how it could affect late-game and also i had zero clue about 2.0 features..

totaly agree with you. this stuff must be removed. 

18 hours ago, Kure said:

Mass cleanse every 5 seconds (+-) is broken as fuck even now on chronicle

It's not 100% maybe 20-30%

I will regret it but hitted Yes (remove)

I will be useless for my CP and maybe need to start search another one...

Should deal wit it...

Lafi - Elemental summoner

Edited by Lafi

In my opinion it's better to nerf them instead of removing. W/o these summons summoners will be useless in any kind of pt

I'm actually a fan of custom changes ...

but I think you should stay fair here and do it the same in all areas.

Dagger will also be 100% official in 2.0. Even if that means it's a big deterioration.

According to this logic, therefore, we should also have the summoner official like! (actually all classes).

I would prefer to customize all classes individually. But then you'd probably have to put a lot of fucking work into it.

Edited by Anytime
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, JerrySM said:

Jerry back stabing me :D:D 

I vote to remove them, because of cat and pony stuff. I just dont see Destro on limits with AQ,full d/s, pony, crit runes and other stuff. Just take out the pole and farm those gremlins probably...

Now on the mass cubes i have different opinion. I think it gives good spot for ES and PS, only warlock then totally sucks. So just remove everything and thats it.

Honestly 77 summons will be pretty strong. So with extra reuse on Magnus spalsh, stacked party will be really insane...

24 minutes ago, Anytime said:

Dagger will also be 100% official in 2.0. Even if that means it's a big deterioration.

Oh, so daggers are getting off like here on 2.0? No more half-kills, dagger mastery trigger, normal blow rate, normal double BS rate, using VS removing hide? Finally ^_^ At least those wannabe daggers who reroll coz of 2.0 dagger hype will suck even more, leaving more space for me. :P 

12 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Oh, so daggers are getting off like here on 2.0? No more half-kills, dagger mastery trigger, normal blow rate, normal double BS rate, using VS removing hide? Finally ^_^ At least those wannabe daggers who reroll coz of 2.0 dagger hype will suck even more, leaving more space for me. :P 

That's the state I'm in. Of course it can change at any time until the release of 2.0.

About VS and Mastery im not sure.

1 hour ago, Lafi said:

It's not 100% maybe 20-30%

I will regret it but hitted Yes (remove)

I will be useless for my CP and maybe need to start search another one...

Should deal wit it...

Lafi - Elemental summoner

Summoner still has sth to offer... Secondary healer for example... And on 72 + nice DD (77+ insane dps), and debuffer...

9 minutes ago, Anytime said:

That's the state I'm in. Of course it can change at any time until the release of 2.0.

About VS and Mastery im not sure.

Ahm, so its not known yet if its going to be fixed?

9 minutes ago, Kure said:

Summoner still has sth to offer... Secondary healer for example... And on 72 + nice DD (77+ insane dps), and debuffer...

Other chars can done this job better... :(

secondary healer: EE, SE, another bish

DD: another mage is better option, included aoe exp (merrow has low dmg even with shots)

debbufer: agreed after lvl 76, mage bane and warrior bane will be kind of OP :) make me happy and useful

lvl 77: yes, magnus is superior :)

1 hour ago, Rip said:

In my opinion it's better to nerf them instead of removing. W/o these summons summoners will be useless in any kind of pt

Just because they won't be boosting the already overpowered mages even more, doesn't mean they become useless, at least not the Elemental Summoners (which are the majority in this server, by far). They can replace a nuker (maybe less effective in smaller pvps, i guess, but arguably stronger in mass pvps) or make an awesome summoner party like this one:

28 minutes ago, Lafi said:

Other chars can done this job better... :(

secondary healer: EE, SE, another bish

DD: another mage is better option, included aoe exp (merrow has low dmg even with shots)

debbufer: agreed after lvl 76, mage bane and warrior bane will be kind of OP :) make me happy and useful

lvl 77: yes, magnus is superior :)

Pve-wise ES is best healer ingame. Bish can just watch if HP falling down too fast and help with one or two heals, but in general infinite MP for healing is enough in 99% scenarios. :P but yeah,with rest I pretty much agree

I understand where summoners are comming from offering party utility, but it's broken. Especially pony buff combined with cov / renewal will be insane. Better than hero weapons dps. Me and modoy suggested this shit 6 months ago to san0 and he said "we will see"

12 minutes ago, weeeeD said:

Just because they won't be boosting the already overpowered mages even more, doesn't mean they become useless, at least not the Elemental Summoners (which are the majority in this server, by far). They can replace a nuker (maybe less effective in smaller pvps, i guess, but arguably stronger in mass pvps) or make an awesome summoner party like this one:

They can replace nukers but only 77+ and anyway one more nuker is still better choice than es

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rip said:

They can replace nukers but only 77+ and anyway one more nuker is still better choice than es

Even if you think ES absolutely suck, it doesn't mean they should be allowed to make OP mages even more OP. You know very well this is broken on many levels. 

Paladin sucks and no one is giving him balance life, body of avatar, or greater battle heal for the sake of balance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weeeeD said:

Even if you think ES absolutely suck, it doesn't mean they should be allowed to make OP mages even more OP. You know very well this is broken on many levels. 

Paladin sucks and no one is giving him balance life, body of avatar, or greater battle heal for the sake of balance.

I agree, that's why i said to nerf them

For example remove only cd/mp regen buffs and keep emp/wm/clar and cleanse or something like that

I see lots of people have really wrong point of view on summoners here, just because they customized them and now you cannot see them as anything else than buff box. You dont compare ES with mage, you dont compare PS/Warlock with tyrant/dagger, because their roles are simply different. Its like saying sws is not as good as tank, however it can offer other different things than tank with slight feel of tankiness, thats how you look on summoners. They offer you the "secondary-DD" feeling, while they nuke/heal/CC with main character.

15 minutes ago, Rip said:

That can be said depending on situation, because its not always true. 4 summoner party would beat the shit out of 4 necro party in 9vs9 when we talk in terms of 2.0 .

Conclusion: I really hope some dedicated good player will show these scrub how good can summoner be in melee/mage party replacing other DDs.

4 minutes ago, Rip said:

I agree, that's why i said to nerf them

For example remove only cd/mp regen buffs and keep emp/wm/clar and cleanse or something like that

The only thing that could arguably stay are the clarity/emp/acum buffs for a little extra utility, but i guess no one really cares about that.

Keeping mass cleanse and/or party buffs makes no sense, that's some heavy custom shit that affects the gameplay too much.