Sign in to follow this  
Dotori

Discord for starters on classic club

Hey guys,

Along with a lot of others, I'm sure there are a lot of new players that are lost and trying to get around and other players seem busy. I made a discord server so we could connect and share the knowledge and perhaps farm together. Especially that at lower levels there aren't a lot of people since it's an old server, I think this might help us somewhat get about on the server. Feel free to join, whether you're new, want to chat about anything or help out with some buffs/tips! 

DELETED <==

Feel free to share the link with others, and hope to see you all around!

Edited by Kse

1 minute ago, Dotori said:

I'm aware of it but it's so that we can communicate in a smaller group with common goals, not to mention people seem to get offended when pinged there :). Wouldn't be making this otherwise. 

People are offended when someone pings @ everyone in general channel asking something, while there are many different channels which could be used e.g. "needhelp" or certain classes channels. If you are not using something right, then ofc you are going to be dissed, but i guess your idea is fine as well, just saying people who blame those newbie guys are reasonable, they arent hating just for nothing. :P 

1 minute ago, MoDoy said:

People are offended when someone pings @ everyone in general channel asking something, while there are many different channels which could be used e.g. "needhelp" or certain classes channels. If you are not using something right, then ofc you are going to be dissed, but i guess your idea is fine as well, just saying people who blame those newbie guys are reasonable, they arent hating just for nothing. :P 

I wouldn't be bothered by something so minor, but oh well (especially that those people probably wouldn't like an @everyone ping when a newbie is trying desperately to find an rb hunting group from 20+, even if it was on #lfparty).

But overall, the goal would be to ideally breathe some life to lower-levels especially for those that are starting off on their own. As for now it seems that I'll just have to pay 10 euros for the Premium Account in order to go solo farm mode 'til 60+ with a boxed buffer. I mean, this is what L2 usually was but I'm sure it is a turn off for those that are just starting off to try to experience the classic server only to see this barrier and feeling secluded. 

It's easy for the server to manage its stable/loyal userbase than to focus on attracting new I suppose. Especially when it's doing well. However, it'd be nice to have an event period that'd allow some more interaction starting off as literally no-one uses the chat, nor can you see people around early on. As L2's biggest asset, especially during the first chronicles, was the social aspect of it. Hopefully I'll find some like-minded people to have some fun times with :).

Advertising of any discord/fb/vk group/page etc, which is not official, is forbidden

You can always request a room for newcomers and it will be done shortly in official Discord channel