Sign in to follow this  
feno

Newbie Questions

Me and two friends started playing L2 recently on offical NCWest server. After a little time playinh we realized that the server is all about p2w stuff and so on~ After that (and because we never played L2 before) we started searching about a "oldschool" server and we found about this server here :)

So some questions we have about the server:

- Quests: On l2 official you have like that chain to lv up fast to 85. I know we don't have something like this on Classic but... I saw on wiki a lot of low level quests... are they good? are they necessary? is a good ideia to try to do them?
- Leveling: how is it? We don't want to lv fast or something like that but.... how people lv here? aoe partys? Raid bosses? is it ok to lv only with 3 persons at the beginning?
- Itens: on official we received EQ's from the server/quests... how we can do that here? Drop? craft? We don't know how to play the game at all xD
- Good party setup: We are going to play with 3 persons at first. any good setup? If possible more than one xD
- is essential that one of us make a Dwarf (spoil and craft)?
- what is the max enchant on weapons/armor in a Classic server?

It's not like we want to level fast or have EQ really fast~ We just want to start the game (we are new to L2 (and mainly in Classic)) with an idea on what to do from the beginning

Thanks ^^

Quests are mostly useless. Few that are decent:

Moon knight (the only one for low levels)

Game of cards

loa quest

Trio party can be very strong if you pick right classes. There are many options. Few that first come to my head: bd, necro, se; 2 archers and pp/wc; warlord, spoiler, se; You can do anything you want- aoe, raid, single target. Even fishing in low levels is good when afk.

Making dwarf is not essential

No reason to speak about max enchant. There are 10-20~ red weapons on serv. I doubt anyone has +20

If i would start now, i would donate to buy akat bows and go raiding

On 20/02/2018 at 6:24 AM, NWD said:

Quests are mostly useless. Few that are decent:

Moon knight (the only one for low levels)

Game of cards

loa quest

Trio party can be very strong if you pick right classes. There are many options. Few that first come to my head: bd, necro, se; 2 archers and pp/wc; warlord, spoiler, se; You can do anything you want- aoe, raid, single target. Even fishing in low levels is good when afk.

Making dwarf is not essential

No reason to speak about max enchant. There are 10-20~ red weapons on serv. I doubt anyone has +20

If i would start now, i would donate to buy akat bows and go raiding

Thanks for the advices :3

Edited by feno

Update:

One of my friends want to be a Dwarf (Artisan). So what can be a good setup to match him?

My other friend told me he wants to be a Prophet~ Is it ok for a Dwarf?
With these two classes is it ok for me to be a Phantom Ranger? Or would be a good ideia to be another buffer/dps (I don't know)

So, in summary:
Friend 1: Dwarf
Friend 2: Prophet (he likes human race a lot),
And I have preference for the Dark Elf race~

Other questions, just for curiosity:

- What is the max lv now on 2.0?
- What is fishing used for besides gaining some exp to level? (Tried to search about fishing system and failed xD)
- How long is to...:
-- get lv 20?
-- lv 40?
-- lv 60?
-- max level?

Thanks again for the help~

28 minutes ago, feno said:

So, in summary:
Friend 1: Dwarf
Friend 2: Prophet (he likes human race a lot),
And I have preference for the Dark Elf race~
If u want dark elf i recommend shilen elder or blade dancer but phantom ranger is also good
Other questions, just for curiosity:

- What is the max lv now on 2.0? 80 is max but it's almost impossible to get this lvl, most of players stop at 77, some hardcore farmers has 78 and only one chineese nolife/bot 79
- What is fishing used for besides gaining some exp to level? (Tried to search about fishing system and failed xD) You can exchange fishes for some buffs (e.g. vampiric rage, empower, 10% xp buff) and also you can expand your WH
- How long is to...: It depends on many factors... (your playtime, luck etc) it's hard to say 
-- get lv 20?
-- lv 40?
-- lv 60?
-- max level?

Thanks again for the help~