Sign in to follow this  
mazoku

Where are the unicorn merrows on this server?

I am playing for more than a week, currently almost lvl 40 and plan to make ES but I don't see any unicorn merrows going around on the server. Why? Are they weak?

Nope. But we have Seraphim Unicorn on server with lvl 1 buffs, so ES summoners play as buffer/healer in aoe parties or boxer unicorn to farm with nuke on solo, so they almost never use Merrow unicorns. And after 77 lvl they use 3rd class pony.

Why would you play healer when you can be good damage dealer especially aoe? 8 summoners party was something scary some time ago. How weak are they now?

Will I be very disappointed?

Summoners are OP. If you will be dissappointed playing ES here - you playing wrong game. Hydra screw is pretty fine with full buff in abg as i remember. 

We have Seraphim Unicorn on server with lvl 1 buffs, but acumen effect 3, WM effect 2, empower effect 2, clarity effect 1.

14 hours ago, mazoku said:

But why not merrow? It was pretty op on old classic?

pony nuke have 7s reuse, so u better let make dmg to other dds and keep healing.

3rd class pony is one of most if not most op class, so u cant be dissapointed

This server is a bit strange as all mages are going around with bows by the way. Isn't it strange? If I want bow I'll be playing archer, not mage. 

As I see it all classes are nerfed way too much here. It wasn't like this on Chronicles as I remember.

39 minutes ago, mazoku said:

This server is a bit strange as all mages are going around with bows by the way. Isn't it strange? If I want bow I'll be playing archer, not mage. 

As I see it all classes are nerfed way too much here. It wasn't like this on Chronicles as I remember.

its just leveling meta, because of how much xp RBs give, dont worry, after 60 lvl you will see mages running only with demon staff+10/12, 2-3 shotting everything like in good old chronicles ^_^ 

7 hours ago, mazoku said:

Thank you @blackmarket 

So the 7s reuse time make the merrow unplayable? Going to 77 with fishing? 

U can hit mobs with your 1st prof aoe while merrow hydra is on cooldown - with full buff and staff its fine, ofc less dmg then mages do but u have infinite mana.

And about mages farming rb with bows - it's fun activity in the 1st place. U can solo aoe with mage from 20 to till 45 lvl 5-20% per train duo with tank\bard. It's faster then rb but no fun.

Even before 77 pony is pretty strong - u can see progressive's movies or look on oly. 

BTW u can solo aoe with pony too - i've seen ppl doing that. 

Its because in our server raids dont have rage effect and every party can kite boss how they want. 

If u fast enough to out run rb u can kill rb with 2 ppl.

Later mages does lower dmg and leveling stops.

13 minutes ago, mazoku said:

Will test all of this, thank you. Already summoner but merrow looks weak.

Its faster to level as a mage rechargring with pet ( check in youtube roolback leveling in seal of shillien). Its even faster to level as a mage till 77, but its expensive after 60+

But if I want to level up as mage I would make a mage?! Or if I make a mage I should level up archer?! Its stupid. I guess lineage2 will disappoint me again. 

Can't they hire decent game designers and balance the game? Its not like scratching your ... 

If you are mage the best way to fight and level up should be magic (common sense)

If you are summoner - the best way to level up and fight should be your summon (not magic or bow) (common sense)

Common sense anyone?

Edited by mazoku

20 minutes ago, mazoku said:

But if I want to level up as mage I would make a mage?! Or if I make a mage I should level up archer?! Its stupid. I guess lineage2 will disappoint me again. 

Can't they hire decent game designers and balance the game? Its not like scratching your ... 

If you are mage the best way to fight and level up should be magic (common sense)

If you are summoner - the best way to level up and fight should be your summon (not magic or bow) (common sense)

Common sense anyone?

1) l2 never been about balance

2) Who told you that hitting with mage skills + tank with pony+recharge is a wrong way or badly designed? ES is using different skills, supporting with pets, its pretty different from clear mage gameplay. Not saying about stat difference, different equipment, variety of possible pt roles.

3) ES is stronger then any mage in open locs - only spamming superspeed pots can help. Thats why. Same story on oly after 77. Dont forget that all pets dont require 31 tablets. 

4) Its YOUR common sense, in reality of l2 from c1 - all summoners used smth in addition to pets damage - daggers\duals\magic.

If you want to use merrow go and use merrow , i dont get what is your problem.

Nobody told you that you cant lvl up using that summon. Its just easier to lvl up using nukes cause of boxer SUMMON SKILL recharge, so in the end you still use your summon to fight.

if you want my advice just go play and see if you like it or not , if you expect a game balanced the way you want it you will be dissapointed.

But the boxer is not summon its walking mana potion. And you are using 40lvl skills because the above skills are nerfed. And you are happy. First profession skills stronger than second and more useful? Am I the only one asking why? Ok its easy, go buy red weapon and own, no problem. I need good classic server and 
I have to continue to search obviously.  

1 hour ago, mazoku said:

But the boxer is not summon its walking mana potion. And you are using 40lvl skills because the above skills are nerfed. And you are happy. First profession skills stronger than second and more useful? Am I the only one asking why? Ok its easy, go buy red weapon and own, no problem. I need good classic server and 

i am pretty sure thats principle of every single server, every single class, every single chronicle, just go buy top equip and you will smash ppl with SWS :D 

1 hour ago, mazoku said:

obviously you have no idea about classic chronicle. Go play some c4 or whatever.