Sign in to follow this  
shinobisan

Silver Ranger Questions

Hi I am lvling up a SR and i was wondering what does this mean?
170151872_Sinttulo.png.7c72a272b7e5f87c6d23ba7b9b2d5f7d.png

It decreases my chance to do a critical?

Also what is the best between thes 3 sets for SR in your opinion?
+6 Plated Leather
Doom light
BW Heavy

30 minutes ago, shinobisan said:

Hi I am lvling up a SR and i was wondering what does this mean?

It decreases my chance to do a critical?

Also what is the best between thes 3 sets for SR in your opinion?
+6 Plated Leather
Doom light
BW Heavy

When wearing light armor. P.Def. +15.7, Evasion +7, critical attack chance -25%.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

When wearing light armor. P.Def. +15.7, Evasion +7, critical attack chance -25%.

how it is that my armor mastery is lowering my chance to land a critical hit?
maybe some bad skill description in the wiki?

14 minutes ago, shinobisan said:

That means people attacking you has 25% less chance to make critical hit on you...

Example:

attacker has capped crit rate(500)

You wear heavy armor/no armor/loght wuthout this mastery : out of 1000 hits he lands 500 criticals

You wear light with this passive: out of 1000 hits he lands only 375 criticals (500 minus 25%) 

17 minutes ago, shinobisan said:

it reduces chance of you receiving critical from auto attacks (destro/archer/etc.)

pve set = pl+6

pvp set = drake+6++ / fp+6++ / bw heavy++ (depending what is majority of classes you play against)

9 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

it reduces chance of you receiving critical from auto attacks (destro/archer/etc.)

pve set = pl+6

pvp set = drake+6++ / fp+6++ / bw heavy++ (depending what is majority of classes you play against)

Ohh i miss those times with SR dont u MR. MoDoy ? :D

2 hours ago, MusulmoN said:

Ohh i miss those times with SR dont u MR. MoDoy ? :D

i actually dont, SR is garbage class from which i got finally released

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt no regrets tattoo

5 hours ago, MoDoy said:

pve set = pl+6

Much rather run the PL set than Drake or FP. BW Heavy could be useful in the few scenarios that you actually need the speed bump but other than that? Also, FP? Seriously? Is there something I'm missing here cause the hp bonus is garbage and the defence rating is too. Not to mention the lost mastery points.

1 minute ago, Parameter said:

Much rather run the PL set than Drake or FP. BW Heavy could be useful in the few scenarios that you actually need the speed bump but other than that? Also, FP? Seriously? Is there something I'm missing here cause the hp bonus is garbage and the defence rating is too. Not to mention the lost mastery points.

as i said, PL+6 is good only for pve, you can use it for pvp as well if you dont have much adena, but in normal pvp you will be smashed fast, my personal favourite for party pvp was FP+6++ or BW heavy (i had it only +0 and used mostly for solo pvps, as i had to kite a lot to find position where i could 1vs1/1vs2/1vs3)

18 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

as i said, PL+6 is good only for pve, you can use it for pvp as well if you dont have much adena, but in normal pvp you will be smashed fast, my personal favourite for party pvp was FP+6++ or BW heavy (i had it only +0 and used mostly for solo pvps, as i had to kite a lot to find position where i could 1vs1/1vs2/1vs3)

I can't see any situation where having a slightly higher p.def, hp or m.def would help me but I can see plenty of situations where having a higher damage spike would help but you do you homeboi. Personally I run my shit as a heavy hitting glascannon and blame myself for not kiteing back if I get slapped.

Edited by Parameter

17 minutes ago, Parameter said:

I can't see any situation where having a slightly higher p.def, hp or m.def would help me but I can see plenty of situations where having a higher damage spike would help but you do you homeboi. Personally I run my shit as a heavy hitting glascannon and blame myself for not kiteing back if I get slapped.

well, i dont say you have to follow what i say, you asked for help, i told you what works the best, now its time for you to decide

I didnt ask for your help I only sought to provide it to the TS by commenting on what you said and provide some of my own insight. I feel that a discussion is always far more helpful than simply telling someone to do X or Y without giving them the "Why".

13 hours ago, Kure said:

That means people attacking you has 25% less chance to make critical hit on you...

Example:

attacker has capped crit rate(500)

You wear heavy armor/no armor/loght wuthout this mastery : out of 1000 hits he lands 500 criticals

You wear light with this passive: out of 1000 hits he lands only 375 criticals (500 minus 25%) 

that makes more sence.

13 hours ago, MoDoy said:

pve set = pl+6

I wasnt learning my armor mastery becausse i though my chance was getting lower
only auto attacks? does dagger skills for example, miss more?

thank you for replying :)

10 hours ago, Parameter said:

I didnt ask for your help I only sought to provide it to the TS by commenting on what you said and provide some of my own insight. I feel that a discussion is always far more helpful than simply telling someone to do X or Y without giving them the "Why".

I'd say the main reason is that Evasion is trash on this chronicle, so when you look at the other bonuses there:

The p.def bonus isn't enough to compensate for the gap between light and heavy and technically you get critted for lower ammount as well. Besides higher def, BW gives you the +3 STR and +7 speed which helps you with kiting greatly. About why modoyko suggested Full Plate I have absolutely no idea, maybe enjoys the design, I don't know. But I wasn't hero on SR so I don't judge.

4 hours ago, shinobisan said:

that makes more sence.

I wasnt learning my armor mastery becausse i though my chance was getting lower
only auto attacks? does dagger skills for example, miss more?

thank you for replying :)

Only auto attacks. Dagger skills are not affected.

27 minutes ago, Rizos said:

Only auto attacks. Dagger skills are not affected.

D: got it

2 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

I'd say the main reason is that Evasion is trash on this chronicle, so when you look at the other bonuses there:

The p.def bonus isn't enough to compensate for the gap between light and heavy and technically you get critted for lower ammount as well. Besides higher def, BW gives you the +3 STR and +7 speed which helps you with kiting greatly. About why modoyko suggested Full Plate I have absolutely no idea, maybe enjoys the design, I don't know. But I wasn't hero on SR so I don't judge.

well i did some tests in this page, i know is not classic but the armor mechanics are similar http://stats.la2portal.com.ua/
full plate armor +6 have about the same defence as a bw heavy +3
so the fp gives more mp regen and 10% of sutn resistance wich is very useful in pvp, of course bw heavy has 30% stun resistance but is a lot more expensive to get it to +6, so i can understand why modoy uses it on pvp

also bw heavy on elf fighter is very ugly

Комплект_Тяжелой_Брони_Синего_Волка_Эльфы_Жен.jpg

1 hour ago, shinobisan said:

Комплект_Тяжелой_Брони_Синего_Волка_Эльфы_Жен.jpg

@MoDoy

53 minutes ago, Rizos said:

There is no stun resist in armors on this patch.

really? then bw heavy +3 is not a lot better than full plate +6 in terms of defence
the difference i see, is mp regen from fp versus damage and speed from bw

FP more p def hp, atk speed(no - dex) , bw more p atk, speed. I never played in FP on archer but i think idea is to go - con + str dyes and get static hp boost (++ items and set bonus) from armor as compensation from -con. I played in PL +6 on my PR but it was different patch (1.5) now gameplay changed a bit and its worth to be more tanky i think. I would say go for drake set +8 before new patch :P

Edited by Rizos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rizos said:

FP more p def hp, atk speed(no - dex) , bw more p atk, speed. I never played in FP on archer but i think idea is to go - con + str dyes and get static hp boost (++ items and set bonus) from armor as compensation from -con. I played in PL +6 on my PR but it was different patch (1.5) now gameplay changed a bit and its worth to be more tanky i think. I would say go for drake set +8 before new patch :P

1 hour ago, ProGressive said:

Speed->all

I think i'll go PL for pve and FP fr pvp

ty for the replies :)

Edited by shinobisan