Draxler

Advices for newbies

Hi everyone, we are a group of friends that are starting to play in this server, our characthers are going to be an EE, BP and WC. We have some previous experience in L2 but from Interlude. So, can someone give us some friendly tips of how to play this server and don't be super frustrated?

Thank you all!

2 hours ago, Draxler said:

Hi everyone, we are a group of friends that are starting to play in this server, our characthers are going to be an EE, BP and WC. We have some previous experience in L2 but from Interlude. So, can someone give us some friendly tips of how to play this server and don't be super frustrated?

Thank you all!

Imo the 3 classes you have are the best suited for any mele cp you might want to begin in future. Playing active support classes are always welcome on clans and cps, specially on late game.

Although at first you wont meet many ppl since sv is old and you ll lack dmg, the more you progress the more you should engage with other ppl and clans to form a full functioning daily party. And thats the core of your route to take i think. Complete the dmg and tankiness you lack with friends and you ll progress much easier. 

After lv 20 i recommend you to get a mid bow d for each of you, you might have the chance to join raid boss parties, which are the fastest way to lvl up. Even if you are mages and dont have complete set of buffs, just adding your bow dmg is enough for many pts to take you. At 25+ you should do moon knight armor quest. One of the few quests that are worth doing besides class change quests. The other ones worth doing are at 58+ in loa for getting enchants. Quest name is "Whisper of dreams". For any info related to anything check l2 wiki classic, 90% of whats wrote there is here, rest is more updated content we still dont have

As a side note, in classic debuffs have a much better land rates than interlude, so pvp ll be interesting for you. Gl guys and welcome

Edited by Cyane
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Draxler said:

Thank you all!

Try to make 9 ppl group and exp/pvp always at same time.

Run  

just kiddin, just play as you did on interlude . its  almost same  sh1t just  with some  braindead classes. also with the exception that here  even my grandma debuffs lands

Edited by Bestiest player

3 hours ago, Nez said:

i would give u 1 tip, enjoy summer and come back at zaken patch

Ok let's wait...

waiting.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

2 hours ago, Bestiest player said:

just kiddin, just play as you did on interlude . its  almost same  sh1t just  with some  braindead classes. also with the exception that here  even my grandma debuffs lands

Cmon mate it's much better than C6... As you mentioned the buffs actually land here which they didn't on IL - IL was just:

1. get archer and bow ++
  2. Shoot and pray for crits. Robe = 1 crit, other archers = 2 crits, tanks = 3 crits, GM = 4 crits.
Edited by FryderykChopin
  • Like 4

Thank you all, we are at lvl 20 now, any suggestions on spots to farm to get some relevant things that can be acquired at this lvl?, or just farm for lvl?

Find rb parties. You must have some D bow to hit boss while the person that has agro runs. It's way faster.   

You can use bow on any class before 40 so it doesn't matter what  class are you. But after like 45 lvl people will prefer meele classes. Wc won't be a problem. EE might have some problems. Especially bp. None uses bps on bosses. EE can find pt in abg after 56+ lvl probably.  

I would recommend your BP to create a new char like Se because is easy find party and when you reach the levels people start looking for bp like 70+ you reroll SE to BP. You can't reroll any class. So it has to be WC EE Domi and some more support classes. Search for transfer class thread. 

Edited by Bestiest player

Since this setup isn't exactly most wanted for RB parties, I'd suggest to create your own RB parties instead. There're 3 of you so if all of you scout for alive RBs it shouldn't take too long.

Once you find alive RB, simply create a room in /partymatching and wait for people with bows to come. There're a lot of people who create alt chars and have D bow ++ and their own buffer - everytime you go to RB, you need to find at least one person with high buffer.

Edited by FryderykChopin

17 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

Ok let's wait...

waiting.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Cmon mate it's much better than C6... As you mentioned the buffs actually land here which they didn't on IL - IL was just:

1. get archer and bow ++
  2. Shoot and pray for crits. Robe = 1 crit, other archers = 2 crits, tanks = 3 crits, GM = 4 crits.

playing bishop was actualy more fun on interlude than at this patch

yea debuffs being landed on them is what they want on bishop , EE and WC :D much fun :D well they will taste the struggle of hero fear, grandeur and DA fear spam and stay still and watch the rest while being useless on these classes in pvp :D 

• Like 1

Best spot Ive found 25-40 is Ant's nest. Good mob density, High respawn rate, Herb of Progress and quite low hp mobs that gives decent exp. Also, Given the fact that you're all playing active support you might want to start talking to a CP and have them help you out now in return for you joining them at a later stage. Investing a bit of adena for you to get d-grade weapons or putting a buffer near you isnt a very high price to pay for a serious party in return for 2 active healers and a buffer.

Edited by Parameter

16 hours ago, Nez said:

playing bishop was actualy more fun on interlude than at this patch

yea debuffs being landed on them is what they want on bishop , EE and WC :D much fun :D well they will taste the struggle of hero fear, grandeur and DA fear spam and stay still and watch the rest while being useless on these classes in pvp :D 

strongly disagree, you probably play your bp too passively - which is not wrong but boring.

6 hours ago, Sensei said:

strongly disagree, you probably play your bp too passively - which is not wrong but boring.

im in archer pt, we 've got range u know ;) when i try to heal a bard in front and being "more active" as u would wish :D boom fear, when i try it again, boom another fear, again, boom grandeur... bards are dead. Once i get on WLs range im perma stunned (which happened to me 2 days ago in toi.. luckily got to safety with 200 hp), fear into a wall in between enemy or im focus on and dead instantly. 

I know you would like me to go on 900 range or even closer so i can eat all the shit you drop on me :D Im one of the lasts who dies in pvp cuz i have to stay away and wait until all the grandeurs i get on the way to heal someone time out, so i can actualy cast spells finaly. Much fun.

Edited by Nez

Ant's nest is vastly superior to Forgotten Temple.

Also; A good healer is the difference between a good and bad party. A trained monkey could play [insert random dd] in this game.

Edited by Parameter

Thanks to all, it looks like it's going to be hard for me (the BP) but i think that is why I'm returning to L2, this game isn't an easy game.

• Like 1

New question:

Im almost lvl 25, Im starting the quest that reward a D set, it's better robe or light?, I have the idea of buy a D bow for raids party, and the light set have p.attack bonus. It's a good idea?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Draxler said:

New question:

Im almost lvl 25, Im starting the quest that reward a D set, it's better robe or light?, I have the idea of buy a D bow for raids party, and the light set have p.attack bonus. It's a good idea?

Thanks!

Looking for confirm on what @Parameter said, but considering you have 2 heals on your mini CP, I wouldn't even consider light - it demolishes pretty much all of your stats besides p.def, which is a bonus which falls flat with said healing power. The potential +2% p.atk you get from it is virtually irrelevant, considering the fact that you're new and probably don't sport a top D bow +10 :P

In other words. Robe is a way to go.

38 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

@Draxler best advice i can give you is, dont give  epics to rizo.

yes, instead you should buy a lvl 73 char and orfen 3 and power level to 76 before new patch.