Sign in to follow this  
Gert

New player questions

I have been playing on official classic skelth for a while where I now have a lvl 50 HE and lvl 45 tyrant.
Recently joined this server and I'm lvling a WC at the moment lvl 40.

Some questions/observations.

1) why are there so many mages in this server?
In the time that I played on skelth I haven't seen over 3 mages at my lvl atleast.

2) AOE AOE AOE
When I open the party matching system or watch videos online all I see is ppl making AOE parties. Either fighter or mage.
Maybe this explain my first question why there are so many mages here. But why is this? On official I've been in alot of fighter parties (single target) in cruma or toi. (gladi, tyrant, destro,daggers, archers,...)

3) Since I see mostly mages, supports and tanks here is it even worth to play a fighter? (might want te reroll to one later)

4) Is stuff generally more expensive here?
for example othel 6 in official = 8kk
Othel 5 here = 18kk if I remember correctly.

I could be wrong about all of this since I'm only lvl 40 and haven't seen the higher levels, let alone the endgame, but these are a few things I noticed in my short time playing here.

1) Wizards have a very high damage 76+, and most of the players here on the server prefer AOE, but it is very relative, in the course of the game, you will see that there is everything.

2) As I said, most players prefer AOE, but there are also several single target groups in TOI / LOA / SV, always relative.

3) Yes, I always say that it's worth just playing the class you like best, because of your commitment to the preferred class, consequently you will be a requested player, not by the class, but by your fingers.

4) Supply and demand.

I hope I've helped a bit.

Edited by LandrarK

I quit official because it sucks, it has zero action below 60+ and partymatching is a joke -- you can only see shop announcements.

In this server you'll either find parties for EV/ABG or you can make your own solo AOE in some spots or with a small group, reasons for that is that in some spots mobs have slower speed than usual. Action here depends on your prime. At some time in the day you'll see 7+ ACTUAL rooms for bosses, aoe, toi or cruma. Though these two last ones aren't that common.

I wouldn't suggest playing main WC solo because you won't be invited to every party, mostly for bosses, it might be frustrating at some time tbh. You probably know summoners happen to be pve healers in classic, so I think this is the best class to go if you're playing solo. You'll be requested in many occasions.

16 minutes ago, Torres said:

I quit official because it sucks, it has zero action below 60+ and partymatching is a joke -- you can only see shop announcements.

In this server you'll either find parties for EV/ABG or you can make your own solo AOE in some spots or with a small group, reasons for that is that in some spots mobs have slower speed than usual. Action here depends on your prime. At some time in the day you'll see 7+ ACTUAL rooms for bosses, aoe, toi or cruma. Though these two last ones aren't that common.

I wouldn't suggest playing main WC solo because you won't be invited to every party, mostly for bosses, it might be frustrating at some time tbh. You probably know summoners happen to be pve healers in classic, so I think this is the best class to go if you're playing solo. You'll be requested in many occasions.

True, partymatching is better here, but still I hoped to see it being used more. But I guess after a while everyone makes friends or cp that they exp with so they don't need to use partymatching that often anymore.

Me, my brother and another friend actually left skelth together and we are now all playing here. We are WC, BD, SWS. With this full support team I'm not really worried about not being invited to parties because we can just start our own and invite some DD's which are easy to find.

21 hours ago, LandrarK said:

1) Wizards have a very high damage 76+, and most of the players here on the server prefer AOE, but it is very relative, in the course of the game, you will see that there is everything.

2) As I said, most players prefer AOE, but there are also several single target groups in TOI / LOA / SV, always relative.

3) Yes, I always say that it's worth just playing the class you like best, because of your commitment to the preferred class, consequently you will be a requested player, not by the class, but by your fingers.

4) Supply and demand.

I hope I've helped a bit.

Thanks for your reply. Good to know there is a bit of everything.

I've mostly been doing raidbosses now and I'm already enjoying it more than the loop macro fest on Skelth :D 

I think mages gonna be more popular until 2.5, then it should shift to mele being more popular, with rerolls there isnt that big of a problem, but whatever you do dont give any epics to @Rizosother than that enjoy the server.

• Sad 1