Sign in to follow this  
panoramix

Only two days to go live (?

Well i wanted to know what happened with the "i can promess you that before august end we will go live" because it doesnt seem to me that we are going to go live today nor tomorrow

I was just waiting to happens what the administrators told me 3 times, two of those times in this forum and one ingame: "i can promess you that before august ends we will go live"

Well im kinda mad because someone didnt kept his word and didnt said nothing, if i dont keep a promess i apologize.

Many times when I read these forums I wonder how many of you actually played L2 back in the day.... Most of you cry like little kids now... With that said I wonder if you were even born when L2 came out.... 

This is is how I take this server... These guys are working on a project to give all of us a chance to play a game we enjoy.... They did not demand any donations for there efforts they are simply donating there time to give us something we would all enjoy....( if you think your donations are going to make them rich in any way your an ass) since we all or most of us claim we played L2 back in the day we are adults now and understand that it cost money to run a project such as this..., we also understand that real life issues hold priority over gaming.... As we have all read the root admin is dealing with IRL issues at this time and I'm sure to him it is more important to him to deal with life then it is to deal with some immature 25+ year old that has failed to grow up, lives at his parents house and wants to play L2 Classic all day...

so before you rip on the admins for not going live when " they promised us it would go live before the end of August " think of some of life's hardships that could have been thrown at them.., sickness, death, dealing with a loved one in any way... Think about how your bitching and crying will unmotivate them because frankly I'm thinking I would tell most of you to go pound sand and cancel the project as I'm sure it has cost them a good bit of coin and time for you to have a little fun.

• Like 4

Many times when I read these forums I wonder how many of you actually played L2 back in the day.... Most of you cry like little kids now... With that said I wonder if you were even born when L2 came out.... 

This is is how I take this server... These guys are working on a project to give all of us a chance to play a game we enjoy.... They did not demand any donations for there efforts they are simply donating there time to give us something we would all enjoy....( if you think your donations are going to make them rich in any way your an ass) since we all or most of us claim we played L2 back in the day we are adults now and understand that it cost money to run a project such as this..., we also understand that real life issues hold priority over gaming.... As we have all read the root admin is dealing with IRL issues at this time and I'm sure to him it is more important to him to deal with life then it is to deal with some immature 25+ year old that has failed to grow up, lives at his parents house and wants to play L2 Classic all day...

so before you rip on the admins for not going live when " they promised us it would go live before the end of August " think of some of life's hardships that could have been thrown at them.., sickness, death, dealing with a loved one in any way... Think about how your bitching and crying will unmotivate them because frankly I'm thinking I would tell most of you to go pound sand and cancel the project as I'm sure it has cost them a good bit of coin and time for you to have a little fun.

I do agree on this on, the only extra point is, even when there are rl issues, just post it at the forum, and keep the players informed, that the server project is delayed. 

But keep indeed in mind that this is a free project, and the server will not end up like for example lineage 2 tales a "money make machine" due the donate able items in shop.

Ofcourse we all hope on some server news soon, but the crying doesn't help anything, it just makes them more unmotivated.

By Drakla

August will not end and we will be LIVE, that is a promise I can make, soon hopefully we can give you a date.

​I mean they broke another promise, what did you really expect? 

​You are the idiot dude. First of all: they dont do it so we can enjoy the game. They are doing it so they can make a reliable profit with the donations once the server is live. You just pointed out who is the kid  only by saying that.

Now, i dont know what is your problem but no one insulted you so there is no need to jump in defense of the gm (they can stad for themself) and insult me or any other player, learn to behave before calling other people inmature.

They made promises and asured us things they werent able to do in the time they themself accorded and now Im just asking them to show up because like usual they give 0 answers or explanations unless you make a fuss in the forum.

Again, the big idiot here is you buddie.

And if you guys think that this whole proyect and the work the programmers are doing isnt to make money, im not going to waste more words with guys who dont understad the simple matters.

And if you guys think that this whole proyect and the work the programmers are doing isnt to make money, im not going to waste more words with guys who dont understad the simple matters.

Sorry quick edit. I was responding to a different person. 

Ehm you have any idea how much it cost to keep a server running? You guys clearly have no idea, I've had one of the biggest server back in 2008/2009, and to maintain a server, it takes a lot of time, effords and quite a lot money, although if u got a sponsor things can become easier and cheaper, but if the server is running on a dedicated server, which happens most of the time, to have the best server performance and stable connection, the prices can still be quite high. and ofcourse they might make some money out of the donations but let's be honest here, there is no way to buy items like weapons etc through donations, second thing is as far as I know the donation items aren't tradeable, so this means there won't be a donation coins economy. And most of the donation would be spend for their server and yeah maybe some for their dedicated work hours on the server, but don't they just deserve that? But I'm still sure they won't make much money out of this server.

This myth has been busted.

Show some respect and compassion.

• Like 1

reading about "people running p.server for free with no profit involved" it's kinda fun and sad at the same time. naivity at its finest.

as for the rest, it's always the same daily routine.

bitching about promises not fullfilled will solve nothing, especially when nobody really gives a shit about it.

the server will go Live when it will be ready. can't wait? then move on.

• Like 2

Well it's good to see that some people have a clue what overhead is in th business world. I never said they were not making profit but it takes a mature..., I won't even say grownup.... I'll say intellectual... To know that this thing they call over head eats in to your profits... Now if you still live at home with your mom I understand that every dollar you get you can spend on dumb dip shit things.... But you mom who might make 1,500 dollars every two weeks does not get to go to the mall and buy 1,500 worth of candy and cloths like you might....., No, No .... Your mommy has to pay a mortgage.... Buy food and still spend that money on other goodies to keep little panoramic from getting all emo and wanting to go to little Billy's house because mommy broke a promise.... Love you dude but you make it to easy..... Dumb ass! 

• Like 1

Instead of being crybabies just leave the server for now and come back when you have any news about it. Those dailies posts about "Going Live" won't help.

We cud have more motivation to wait, if we get some info about fixed buggs or smth like that.. and now its looks like admins dont even try to fix them and just left the project..