FryderykChopin

[POLL] A different approach for the Christmas event

Event type  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which event time would you prefer?

• Stable income (current option)
    • Jackpot style (the official events)

(...Unless we skip Christmas as well of course)

Well, here's the thing - excluding the current blast from the past event, the events here tend to be a bit of "everyone gets a piece of cake"-style. The chances are usually set in a way that you get around what you invest in it. On one hand it's fair in a way, but on the other hand, once the supply of the event becomes regular and generally something to be count with, it hurts the economy.

But my main issue is that this kind of setup is somewhat in contradiction to the official events which used to be more in a "most people get trash but few get a jackpot" style. Here're examples: Wintermelon Woe (Blessed A/S scrolls, top LS), Yugi (14 SC), Catch a Tiger (Icarus/Vesper armor/guns), Trick or Treat (Icarus guns), Annivesary event (Orfen/Core/QA ring, also hello our 3rd anniversary) and so on... We don't even have to travel too much into past to find more echo on this subject - there's actually an ongoing event on EU offi with following potential rewards as a part of the ongoing event:

35857174655_5916495626_o.png

The point of those is that the chance to get these top items is non-existent, and in the end 99,9% of the server just stacks up potions and BSOEs while only a handful of people get the jackpot, but (to me at least) it makes the event much more thrilling.

In other words, I feel like the events should be more about the thrill of getting something extraordinary rather than just boosting profits for the regular farm through a stable income of enchants, runes, tablets and so on. 

Edited by FryderykChopin

I don't really like the idea because randoms will get incredibly lucky and open epics and similar shit. A similar example(with a not so similar reward) was the rabbit event when people were opening sacks like crazy and the only one who got the cloak was that random greek orc.

Also please STOP writing guns instead of weapons. Also don't write nails instead of fists because they both trigger my OCD.

Thing like +8B / +16C / Baium etc is just stupid ..... 

But Event with something verry usefull like Improved enchants, Cloth piece or eaven extremly low chance of getting AQ/Core or Orfen would be nice to have.

This kind of jackpots would be good. 

Id like to see event who can help clans like HDM catch a bit top geared clans ^^ 

end game items like cloth pieces, baium souls, baium rings, orfen earrings, core rings etc in an event only promote RMT

what will happen if a random gets baium ring for example? will he keep a (useless) lvl 1 ring in his inventory or sell it to the koreans for $$ and go buy a car?

23 minutes ago, etze said:

end game items like cloth pieces, baium souls, baium rings, orfen earrings, core rings etc in an event only promote RMT

what will happen if a random gets baium ring for example? will he keep a (useless) lvl 1 ring in his inventory or sell it to the koreans for $$ and go buy a car?

so you are telling me if i sell our baium ring to koreans i can have unlimited amount of kebabs for next year? dayum, i was never oriented in RMT prices, but that seems like hell of a deal ?

ps: those "extraordinary" rewards, on official it wasnt exactly handful of people getting those, but it was rather common (maybe coz of amount of bots so the amount of event items were high thus many rewards, but still), you realize giving to someone things like demon staff+16 or eminence+16 or bops+8 isnt exactly balanced

Edited by MoDoy

Just now, MoDoy said:

so you are telling me if i sell our baium ring to koreans i can have unlimited amount of kebabs for next year? dayum, i was never oriented in RMT prices, but that seems like hell of a deal ?

well, ur friend drsso would def be interested i believe

I mean perhaps the Baium or the +16 guns are a bit off, but rest of the stuff I could totally imagine...

Anyway my point is - it's not far, but it's more Lineage-ish - it's always been this way, get lucky or get lost :) 

i wouldnt give epics or already overenchanted stuff at all, i think improved enchants were okay reward, as people are running with star wars weapons already, it allowed to catch up a bit with enchanting armor/jewels, however rates to get those enchants were too high in christmas event imo

improved enchants, blessed enchants - so you dont give people ready items but they still have to risk/invest into armors, but it makes it easier - ToI crystals, those CH crystals which you need for toi 6, A grade PK scrolls, death certificate, maximum like 50% xp scrolls

on the other hand i would take away PA boxes from event, i would keep it only for CoLs so you actually support server if you want to box stuff

what was the biggest game changer for me when i played on officials was this, they introduced similar mechanic with every event which promoted actual farming instead of just pouring money into buying event items, generally increasing online on daily basis during event as everyone wants to get as much bonus as possible
Example:

you can take Halloween Curse everyday and timer resets at 6:30 CET

The Halloween Curse has three levels with Level 1 lasting one hour, Level 2 lasting another hour, and Level 3 lasting for 2 hours-- for a total of 4 hours. 

Halloween Curse

Level 1

Pumpkinface's Halloween buff.  Acquired XP/ SP +10%, P./ M. Atk. +5%, Atk. Spd./ Casting Spd. +5%. You can receive a Halloween Gift once the Lv. 3 buff expires.

Level 2

Pumpkinface's Halloween buff.  Acquired XP/ SP +20%, P./ M. Atk. +5%, Atk. Spd./ Casting Spd. +5%. You can receive a Halloween Gift once the Lv. 3 buff expires.

Level 3

Pumpkinface's Halloween buff.  Acquired XP/ SP +30%, P./ M. Atk. +5%, Atk. Spd./ Casting Spd. +5%. You can receive a Halloween Gift once the Lv. 3 buff expires

2 hours ago, MoDoy said:

i wouldnt give epics or already overenchanted stuff at all, i think improved enchants were okay reward, as people are running with star wars weapons already, it allowed to catch up a bit with enchanting armor/jewels, however rates to get those enchants were too high in christmas event imo

improved enchants, blessed enchants - so you dont give people ready items but they still have to risk/invest into armors, but it makes it easier - ToI crystals, those CH crystals which you need for toi 6, A grade PK scrolls, death certificate, maximum like 50% xp scrolls

on the other hand i would take away PA boxes from event, i would keep it only for CoLs so you actually support server if you want to box stuff

what was the biggest game changer for me when i played on officials was this, they introduced similar mechanic with every event which promoted actual farming instead of just pouring money into buying event items, generally increasing online on daily basis during event as everyone wants to get as much bonus as possible
Example:

you can take Halloween Curse everyday and timer resets at 6:30 CET

The Halloween Curse has three levels with Level 1 lasting one hour, Level 2 lasting another hour, and Level 3 lasting for 2 hours-- for a total of 4 hours. 

Halloween Curse

Level 1

Pumpkinface's Halloween buff.  Acquired XP/ SP +10%, P./ M. Atk. +5%, Atk. Spd./ Casting Spd. +5%. You can receive a Halloween Gift once the Lv. 3 buff expires.

Level 2

Pumpkinface's Halloween buff.  Acquired XP/ SP +20%, P./ M. Atk. +5%, Atk. Spd./ Casting Spd. +5%. You can receive a Halloween Gift once the Lv. 3 buff expires.

Level 3

Pumpkinface's Halloween buff.  Acquired XP/ SP +30%, P./ M. Atk. +5%, Atk. Spd./ Casting Spd. +5%. You can receive a Halloween Gift once the Lv. 3 buff expires

Dunno... I remember when they introduced improved scrolls back during that Christmas event, the IEWB was being sold for around 200kk, and the chance was more than alright to get it... At that point, the only difference between getting 2 IEWBs and 1 Queen Ant ring is that getting those enchants is infinitely more boring. 

And the thing is, the chance would be set in a way that literally only a handful of people would get the epics, if even that... All in all, it's not about physically getting these items, it's about having a chance to get it. Something to just aim for, to make it less "I get what I pay for" and more of a thrill. The Christmas spirit and all, ya know. NCsoft wasn't stupid when they were releasing things like QA ring into events back then (when QA was virtually an equivalent of Baium ring here).

2 hours ago, jedynka said:

this server you posted died because of "jackpot" rewards. All came here for real hardcore classic experience.

Not true. That server died because of insane P2W (borderline P2P) and crappy administration, events had nothing to do with it. People got pissed because Juji said on official stream that there're only going to be basic consumables in L2store, but the way things turned out, you basically had to spend at least 20$ a month to not be completely crippled and well over 200$ a month to be relevant. This is why people left.

Same thing with old chronicles official server that had endgame stuff in it like SC12++, RB jewels or blessed S scrolls in events - none of these times the server was hurt by the jackpot rewards. People were leaving because the game either for natural reasons or beause the game stopped feeling like Lineage 2, starting with the dinosaurs, continuing with kamaels and "ending" with G.o.D.+ update. Nobody ever said  "oh 1 guy got SC13 and 2 guys got QA ring from event as opposed to normal farming, I can't play on this server anymore" - well maybe there were a few, but it would be naive that it was a relevant reason for players departure in large scale.

im talking about skelth, there was no P2W, because administration gave EVERYTHING for free, for ppl who were standing in town on afk. (of course 75% ppl left before this, but still it was the last nail to the coffin)

2 hours ago, jedynka said:

im talking about skelth, there was no P2W, because administration gave EVERYTHING for free, for ppl who were standing in town on afk. (of course 75% ppl left before this, but still it was the last nail to the coffin)

Oh I see, my bad. But still though, I feel like this was more about poor event style than the rewards - here all events are based on farming, people don't get anything for "free" like on that Skelth event.

imagine event, with no level restrictions, that you have only to log and stay in town, NOTHING MORE. and you could get improved/stable enchants epics lvl 3 and weapons +16.... totally bull***. people were doing 50+ accounts, pity i dont have screen from gludin....

Edited by jedynka

I would like another bsoe event. Top clans WHs are below 1k

Events are for hippies, just delete it

Edited by NaulVM

Right now Im thinking that giving cloth piece in event rewards is good idea, and before u start raging on me, let me explain.

When server was new, people could farm mats for [c] grade, killing mobs, farming slowly, but in the end they could craft [c] armor or weapon. Later on, B grade was introduced, people also could slowly but steady farm mats, keys for armor and weapon. With this new patch, nobody can equip [a] grade because only few of the people are getting cloth peace.

People can farm keys/parts/recipe to craft [a] grade item, but problem is cloth peace, u can't actually farm it)

Random people can't farm hekagon, random ppl can't farm nightmares at night on DI because OKOK farming them 24/7, and obs u cant kill baium or zaken to get them.

So back then people could farm and equip, now they can't and it will take half year before random ppl will be able to afford [a] grade.

Edited by Donkihot

even if they could farm it, i still think its good idea to do that, i dont want to see people being stuck in C/B grades for eternity, just because my set +8 and chinese C/B+10 is better than anything which will come, like ever

let people slowly transition to A grades, because A grade +3 is arguably as good as B grade+6 (B grade+6 has still its own pros, but let people decide that), because looking at it right now, how official massaccred S grades, there is 0 worth to even try farming them, because everything they have is much much much better than S grades (for example the joke NPC trade you can make on official, ipos sword+16 [top A grade] for heavens divider+0 [S grade], nobody will ever transition to it)

tho i see ppl are actually getting themselves A grades, very slowly but they do, which is good, i dont think this game was meant to be played all the time in C grade armors+++

7 minutes ago, Donkihot said:

So back then people could farm and equip, now they can't and it will take half year before random ppl will be able to afford [a] grade.

to be fair, i dont see big difference in farming adena and buying cloth pieces or farming cloth pieces directly, any random can do that, but i guess ppl dont have this mindset and rather farm half year this cloth pieces than farming 1kkk half year and then buying all cloth pieces needed for unseal

1 minute ago, MoDoy said:

to be fair, i dont see big difference in farming adena and buying cloth pieces or farming cloth pieces directly, any random can do that, but i guess ppl dont have this mindset and rather farm half year this cloth pieces than farming 1kkk half year and then buying all cloth pieces needed for unseal

well it is same, do  u farm cloth peace half year or u farm 1kkk half year )

Well only if your radio is aktivated and you would probably use different frequenzes.
And of course you would only comunicate when it is necessary because the enemy can find you with his radar, while your radio is aktiv.
Btw. i thought of letter codes instead of nuber codes