Sign in to follow this  
FryderykChopin

[discussion] Some thoughts about *fingers crossed* upcoming Christmas event

1. The transforms were pretty cool, they can be the same as last year
  2. Cloak would be nice, but with a chance somewhere between the tiger event (where a lot people got it) and the rabbit one (where apparently only one person got it)
  3. Would be cool if there were max 5 quest items, when there're 9 like in last event, they're kinda hard to trade with
  4. Since it's probably (maybe, perhaps) going to be one of the more rewarding events, I guess there're going to be some scrolls - in that case, since the improved weapon scrolls turned out to be tad more influental than expected (?), maybe they can be switched for either solid/blessed scrolls instead? Since the max enchant for solid scrolls is +7, it would be of great help to the newcomers and wouldn't affect the endgame. Same story with blessed scrolls - when you're enchanting +10 peril you don't care if it breaks or goes to +0, but it can mean a lot to someone enchanting e.g. +5 gun. The improved enchant scroll for armors can remain.
  5. Replace the 'filler' rewards such as QHP, firecrackers etc. with something of a small value, but actually useful. Maybe some basic materials, crystals or gemstones? Very small ammount to not influence the market.
  6. Jackpot rewards, as explained here (some 0,000nothing% chance to get something imba, so that nobody gets it but people get more hyped)
  7. Perhaps there could be some special event item/larger ammount of items dropping from RBs? Not sure about the potential risks, just a wild thought.

/discuss

Edited by FryderykChopin
  • Like 1

Improved enchants will be not so hard to get anyway from death knights after update...so if You get some from event ot not it's not big deal anyway.....

1 hour ago, YipMan said:

Improved enchants will be not so hard to get anyway from death knights after update...so if You get some from event ot not it's not big deal anyway.....

Dunno, what's the chance of Death Knight spawning anyway? 

i dont know why but i've kinda lost hope on xmas event and the zaken patch : [

its 13th of december, if there was something good around the corner wouldnt they have started promoting it already? i have a feeling its gonna be something sloppy and as bad as the pirate event

ps: i really hope they prove me wrong

Edited by etze
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, etze said:

i dont know why but i've kinda lost hope on xmas event and the zaken patch : [

its 13th of december, if there was something good around the corner wouldnt they have started promoting it already? i have a feeling its gonna be something sloppy and as bad as the pirate event

ps: i really hope they prove me wrong

Last year's event was promoted the same day it started - https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/17816-christmas-event-spree/

It's delayed (most likely) because the previous event just ended a few days ago, so it makes sense to make a break :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:
  1. The transforms were pretty cool, they can be the same as last year
  2. Cloak would be nice, but with a chance somewhere between the tiger event (where a lot people got it) and the rabbit one (where apparently only one person got it)
  3. Would be cool if there were max 5 quest items, when there're 9 like in last event, they're kinda hard to trade with
  4. Since it's probably (maybe, perhaps) going to be one of the more rewarding events, I guess there're going to be some scrolls - in that case, since the improved weapon scrolls turned out to be tad more influental than expected (?), maybe they can be switched for either solid/blessed scrolls instead? Since the max enchant for solid scrolls is +7, it would be of great help to the newcomers and wouldn't affect the endgame. Same story with blessed scrolls - when you're enchanting +10 peril you don't care if it breaks or goes to +0, but it can mean a lot to someone enchanting e.g. +5 gun. The improved enchant scroll for armors can remain.
  5. Replace the 'filler' rewards such as QHP, firecrackers etc. with something of a small value, but actually useful. Maybe some basic materials, crystals or gemstones? Very small ammount to not influence the market.
  6. Jackpot rewards, as explained here (some 0,000nothing% chance to get something imba, so that nobody gets it but people get more hyped)
  7. Perhaps there could be some special event item/larger ammount of items dropping from RBs? Not sure about the potential risks, just a wild thought.

/discuss

You get a buff scroll, and you get a buff scroll. EVERYONE gets a buff scroll!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

My best list option ❤️❤️❤️

5-8 event items tradable in npc, with following rewards:

1st option:

• Cloak
  • 2nd Cloak
  • Agathion
  • Circlet
  • Magical Tablet
  • Energy Of Insolence
  • 2nd class buff scroll
  • 2x XP/SP Scroll 100%
  • 2x XP/SP Scroll 70%
  • 2x XP/SP Scroll 50%
  • 1-5x Sealed Runes
  • Beer
  • Firecracer
  • Quick Healing Potion
  • 1st class buff scroll

2nd option (lottery):
    1k - 100k adena randomly for 5x items if 5 different event items, or 2-3x items if 8 different event items.

Atleast it would give a purpose to farm event and we all could find more ppl in farm zones. And newcomers could make some adena from it, not just full inventory of scrolls haste, focus and other spam.
Edited by BoogeyMan
  • Like 2

Dunno about 2 cloaks per event, there're not that many official cloaks to choose from... Unless we start implementing the L2j serbidor masterpieces like this (please don't):

september2014.jpg

Also newbies make adena in events by selling the event items, I wouldn't worry about it :)

Edited by FryderykChopin
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

Dunno about 2 cloaks per event, there're not that many official cloaks to choose from... Unless we start implementing the L2j serbidor masterpieces like this (please don't):

september2014.jpg

Also newbies make adena in events by selling the event items, I wouldn't worry about it :)

Pirate event was complete trash

2 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

True, let's keep fingers crossed the Christmas will fix our thirst ?

yes, Christmas 2019 will fix your thirst since that's when we're getting zaken patch

22 minutes ago, SemenArsonist said:

yes, Christmas 2019 will fix your thirst since that's when we're getting zaken patch

Don't be a pessimist , I am sure patch will roll in the first quarter of 2019.

2 hours ago, NewSWS said:

I think event will start at friday, when people dont have time to play because of x-mas :D

I think it's the other way around. People got more time to play because of Christmas. V A C A T I O N S

• Like 1