etze

Zaken OBT discussion

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

its not like people will magically start to care about testing it if you introduce some rewards

This is where I 100% disagree with you. Don't promise any rewards and it's just a bother which takes away your free time you you could spend doing your stuff on live server. Promise good rewards and suddenly you choose between farming on live or potentially earn more on the beta server. Average person doesn't care about beta testing unless he's getting something for it. Sure, theoretically everyone should be conscious about servers' wellbeing, but that's just not how real life people work. Promised rewards are absolutely necessary in order to get enough people to beta.

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

would you reward wrong description of bug same as some mechanical bug?

Obviously major bugs should be rewarded more than the basic ones, and there obviously should be some limitation as to reporting what's already reported, but generally speaking - yes, even poor reports should be rewarded. Why? Because fixing up files is infinitely more important than a fair distribution of rewards. Bad reports should get good rewards, good reports should be getting great rewards. Unless you throw full shovels of epics at people for reporting quest typos, you can't really f*** up the rewards. On the other hand, f***ing up the entire future of the server is as simple as not getting enough people to the beta with rewards and hoping those 10 honorable testers will get the files in reasonable condition before release.

3 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Promise good rewards and suddenly you choose between farming on live or potentially earn more on the beta server.

On the other hand, f***ing up the entire future of the server is as simple as not getting enough people to the beta with rewards and hoping those 10 honorable testers will get the files in reasonable condition before release.

so you want to put such good rewards so people will log into beta server instead of live server so they can make more profit, that seems messed up to me as wouldnt that take even more people from server for next 2-3 weeks?

also if admins really hope that those 10 testers should bring their files into good enough condition, i pity them right away. open beta isnt for fixing your files, rather than polishing them. the files should be tested prior open beta by them (i guess san0 is responsible for testing on this server?). so if thats the case that they needed those few testers to fully fix their files, then it shouldnt be in open beta testing and it wont end up in "reasonable condition" no matter what rewards you promise

купил премиум 30 дней   активировал получил 20 свитков  быстрого бега (WW)   активировал   в панели бафа  его нет   но эффект есть 

bought a premium for 30 days activated got 20 scrolls of fast running (WW) activated in the buff panel there is none but the effect is

Shot00020.bmp

8 minutes ago, Alexandr41 said:

купил премиум 30 дней   активировал получил 20 свитков  быстрого бега (WW)   активировал   в панели бафа  его нет   но эффект есть 

bought a premium for 30 days activated got 20 scrolls of fast running (WW) activated in the buff panel there is none but the effect is

Shot00020.bmp

Post it in report section please.

4 hours ago, MoDoy said:

so you want to put such good rewards so people will log into beta server instead of live server so they can make more profit, that seems messed up to me as wouldnt that take even more people from server for next 2-3 weeks?

I see absolutely no problem with that. Of course since more people will play on beta, less people will play on live, but as long as more testing gets done it's 100% worth it. Sometimes you just need to hurt for a bit to advance further. It's an investment.

4 hours ago, MoDoy said:

also if admins really hope that those 10 testers should bring their files into good enough condition, i pity them right away. open beta isnt for fixing your files, rather than polishing them. the files should be tested prior open beta by them (i guess san0 is responsible for testing on this server?). so if thats the case that they needed those few testers to fully fix their files, then it shouldnt be in open beta testing and it wont end up in "reasonable condition" no matter what rewards you promise

Fixing, polishing, either term you use, it's all about people going in there and finding the bugs. More people find more bugs. Motivated people find more bugs. It's simple as that, no room for arguments whatsoever. Not proceeding with the thorough testing was tried on the patch 2.0 and it ended up being a complete clusterf*ck, costing the server many people. If something ends up a complete disaster, which the initial patch 2.0 release was, it's time to try a different approach.

1 minute ago, FryderykChopin said:

If something ends up a complete disaster, which the initial patch 2.0 release was, it's time to try a different approach. 

if they wanted different approach and getting flawless update, they should have gone for partial implementing like they did with several things from 2.0 (priests, hero weapons, ...), they didnt learn from mistakes

tho its their decision to make whatever imba rewards they want, i just dont see that helping rather than those few people spending some more time on it personally i got discouraged for testing stuff long time ago when i saw their approach to bug fixing even if they got neatly done report, maybe others still have that little spark in them to test things

18 hours ago, MoDoy said:

if they wanted different approach and getting flawless update, they should have gone for partial implementing like they did with several things from 2.0 (priests, hero weapons, ...), they didnt learn from mistakes

tho its their decision to make whatever imba rewards they want, i just dont see that helping rather than those few people spending some more time on it personally i got discouraged for testing stuff long time ago when i saw their approach to bug fixing even if they got neatly done report, maybe others still have that little spark in them to test things

Instead of bla-blaing better go and find some bugs, slacker

2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Instead of bla-blaing better go and find some bugs, slacker

i have holidays now so not interested in downloading/trying client, olympiad twice a week is big enough bother

i will probably make OBT stream (i already thought about some measures against getting reported) once i come back from holidays, not sure if i report the bugs tho as i consider it pointless, but i will be willing to try some stuff ppl will ask me about on test server

2 hours ago, BizQQuiT said:

"game tester"

still kicking dead horse, mr. "nice guy"? i said i will test most probably, but i wont report unless they take seriously my reports from 1.5 year ago and fix them. then they will show me its worth to report game mechanics bugs