Sign in to follow this  
Doom Gloom

HP Bar Numbers

Hey guys! I just wanted to know if something like this will ever be possible? Is it plain impossible, or too much work for such a detail? I have no idea how L2 works tbh.

image.png.51f774595096b08bf67f317a32ed236b.png

Sometimes the HP bar won't show the correct percentage. It looks like a skill takes around 40% HP, and the next one 60% (no critical, no ups, just ui issues). Also, I feel like the numbers would help people to time their skills properly :/ for example, I use 3 skills to kill mobs; high damage, high mp consumption, low damage, low mp consumption and then overhit. Let's say my strongest skill hits for 180, that would leave the Skeleton at 120 hp, this way I could proceed to use my weak skill or just overhit (knowing for sure that it will be a killing blow+less mp consumption).

Just a suggestion. Don't take me for a lazy person hehe I just think this would be really useful, including raids, when everyone is trying to land overhits. xD 

Edited by Doom Gloom

2 hours ago, Doom Gloom said:

Sometimes the HP bar won't show the correct percentage. It looks like a skill takes around 40% HP, and the next one 60% (no critical, no ups, just ui issues).

This actually should be feature - weapons are supposed to have some damage spread, even mage ones. If you have a blunt weapon, the damage spread is even wider. You can see more info here: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/563956/. So technically even knowing an exact number wouldn't guarantee you the most efficient overhit because even that one does some min and max damage.

About the feature itself, it sure would help, but I'm afraid it would just take too much work to implement :/ I'm not a coder tho so I might be wrong.

4 hours ago, Doom Gloom said:

Just a suggestion. Don't take me for a lazy person hehe I just think this would be really useful, including raids, when everyone is trying to land overhits. xD 

next time be the smart one and just laugh onthem when they try to overhit RB, coz overhit on RB doesnt really work like on mobs and is useless :D

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2019 at 11:42 AM, MoDoy said:

overhit on RB doesnt really work like on mobs and is useless :D

WHAAAAT??? Fk, my life will never be like before... ?

On 3/17/2019 at 5:42 AM, MoDoy said:

next time be the smart one and just laugh onthem when they try to overhit RB, coz overhit on RB doesnt really work like on mobs and is useless :D

That's good to know lol thank you. xD but yeah, being able to keep track of their hp like this would be pretty cool.

Edited by Doom Gloom

On 3/17/2019 at 10:42 AM, MoDoy said:

Wasted like 240 hours of Overhitting RB's... Should we know something else? What we do and it is stupid/usless ? :D

32 minutes ago, Mistrix said:

Wasted like 240 hours of Overhitting RB's... Should we know something else? What we do and it is stupid/usless ? :D

- if you hit RB with 3+ higher lvl character than the RB, it doesnt automatically means it will have drop rate penalty applied

- if high lvl character is in pt/CC of RB party, it doesnt affect drop rate (tho it does affect xp gained if in party), no need to even leave from it, not to say relog those high chars

those are next 2 funny things i always see people believing when killing bosses and are kinda ignorant to acknowledge :| 

On 3/17/2019 at 9:42 AM, MoDoy said:

You gotta be kidding... Has it always (not) worked like this? I recall that since I started playing L2 I've had at least couple RBs that we either had to re-do or failed completely because everyone tried too hard to land those overhits