ThemBow2Stronk

Starting out

Hello, yet again I got urge to play L2 ( like so many times in past 12 or so years) I am quite interested in classic mostly cause of lack of any decent h5 servers. I would play solo with boxes but I am concerned about gear. Obviously I will buy adena (I don't have time to farm) but I am concerned about prices, it seems that I would need +10 weapon etc to PvP since most people run with it, but I will not spend 300-400$ on a private server...how much realistically I would need to get eq to be able to enjoy the game? Thanks in advance ! 

39 minutes ago, ThemBow2Stronk said:

Hello, yet again I got urge to play L2 ( like so many times in past 12 or so years) I am quite interested in classic mostly cause of lack of any decent h5 servers. I would play solo with boxes but I am concerned about gear. Obviously I will buy adena (I don't have time to farm) but I am concerned about prices, it seems that I would need +10 weapon etc to PvP since most people run with it, but I will not spend 300-400$ on a private server...how much realistically I would need to get eq to be able to enjoy the game? Thanks in advance ! 

First of all buying adena (rmt overall) is forbidden. You can buy Coins of Luck and then sell them in game.

You say you dont have time to farm adena, so how do you want to level up? It isnt some x99999999 that u need 1 day to get a max level.

It is private server but way better than most of official server 3 years+ online and it doesnt seem to die soon.

Sorry i cant answer to your question.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ThemBow2Stronk said:

how much realistically I would need to get eq to be able to enjoy the game?

Nothing wrong with spending your hard earned money on your favorite hobby! You can Donate and sell Coins of luck as rip said but I would say focus on lvling  now rather than getting good gear you can enjoy the game without spending a lot of money 

8 hours ago, ThemBow2Stronk said:

As Rip mentioned, RMT is illegal, but just to put things into a perspective: buying for example top C bow +10 directly through auction (https://l2classic.club/account/login/ -> "auction") would cost you around 60€. Buying COLs, selling them ingame and using the adena to buy same bow on market would get you probably at around 40€. Buying such bow via RMT would cost maybe 20-25€, but I think it's not worth the risk.

Though I don't think you need a dark blue weapon to really enjoy a game... You mentioned you're willing to spend the money anyway - if you'd be willing to settle down for lets say +7/8 bow and some average enchant top armor/jewels, you could probably gear up for less than 50€ (via legal options) in total. A thing that needs to be said though - Classic is much less about equip and much more about levels since it's all about debuffs and landrates. For example necro 75 with homu+0 is going to win against necro 70 with staff+12 in like 98 cases out of 100. 

13 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Though I don't think you need a dark blue weapon to really enjoy a game..

can confirm. top ol here playing with +0 D weap

proof: http://prntscr.com/n2ydmk

top gear is for the weak

Edited by etze
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for all the replies, I decided to start here you made some good points. How is the situation with boxes ? I want to run 2-3 boxes, do I have to pay for each box or just one premium account is enough ? 

4 hours ago, ThemBow2Stronk said:

Thank you for all the replies, I decided to start here you made some good points. How is the situation with boxes ? I want to run 2-3 boxes, do I have to pay for each box or just one premium account is enough ? 

yeah you have to pay for each... Tbh having to pay for each box is probably the biggest stain on this otherwise fantastic server. A lot of newbies simply quit when they realize they have to pay 10€ each month for a box, which is virtually necessary when you're playing chars like glad, archer, mage, destro... Well basically anything other than summoner, DA or buffers themselves (if you're miserable enough to do so). This server would've been much better off leaving one box for free and adding other bonuses to PA (some +5% XP/SP-ish stuff) to make it more attractive for endgame users (who buy it for adena most of the time anyway)

But oh well. If you don't mind paying, you're going to enjoy it nevertheless.

17 minutes ago, ThemBow2Stronk said:

Ok so to play 1 main account + 3 boxed accounts I would have to pay 20 euro a month right? or is it 10 euro per each account? To be honest even 20 euro would be a lot in that case... 

you are allowed to have 1 client opened on 1 PC, what PA does is that the account with PA is not counted into that 1 client, so if you want to have 4 clients on 1 PC, it means 3 of them need to be PA

its PC restriction, so if you have laptop for example from which you can box, you can reduce it by 1

also 20-30e a month seems a lot, but usually its just the moment you are starting and later on, when you are higher lvl you can just buy it from adena from other ppl (100 CoL = ~20kk, so to maintain 3 boxes PA for 1 month costs ~60kk, which is not THAT much adena, and if it is, you can still mix like 40kk adena and donate 10e, etc.)

Good luck.

I will start playing today, i level up 3 chars on NA Classic, (Warrior 35 / Buffer 34 / Bladedancer 27) but i give up because NCSOFT dont give a shi* about players only cares about money. I read some topics and watch some streams, from what I realized, it's a good server to play :)

Edited by Rolhen

On 3/25/2019 at 5:18 PM, ThemBow2Stronk said:

You will be banned for RMT. Do it the easy way, donate to the server, and then sell your CoL.

On 3/27/2019 at 2:44 PM, Rolhen said:

Good luck.

I will start playing today, i level up 3 chars on NA Classic, (Warrior 35 / Buffer 34 / Bladedancer 27) but i give up because NCSOFT dont give a shi* about players only cares about money. I read some topics and watch some streams, from what I realized, it's a good server to play :)

You made a good decision to leave NCwest. Lvl1 - Lvl4 VIP ? Seriously? Why the hell people go for it, I cannot understand it. It's clear that L2 as whole is on it's last stand and NCsoft  is just milking that weak addicts who for some reason cannot let L2 go and rather drop 5K $ than just let it die. This server seems alright, I mean they could add option to buy class transfers ( I am doing orc raider quest, every 15-20 mob drops one item, I need 4 of that items to summon quest monster which will drop 1 main item of which I need 10...) but other than that all seems fine so far. Good luck and maybe see you around :)

So.. Imagine you are newbie.  You want to jump in the game, u open the game, u chose your Orc male character, already imagining how u will smash mobs with your two hander around the world, how u will communicate with other people to do RB"s, some crafting... But you suggest new player ( who wont actually check Forum obs) enter the game and go to SV and pick up adena???? This is how game should be played ? Are you serious? Like, do u even hear your self? How many people will pick up adena in SV? 2? 3? Huh, ok, we will get 3 new players who will pick up some adena in SV:))) thats fun isnt it ? I bet this will get newbie be entertained in the game, ooooh boy he will farm 24/7 SV for a weeks for fun ))) yeah... it is not so funny as it looks actually.. in the first place only 1/10 newbies will know the SV spot to pick up adena, some people won't even know that u can do that, and if u can, huh, read my first 3 sentences I wrote already.And one mroe time, This is NOT about ADENA, nobody fcking cares about ADENA, u can't solo farm as a nuker or any dd with TOP D GRADE ITTEEEMS or EVEN CCCC...

also, buying beer buff? hm... 200k for 20min, hmm, seems legit 

p.s Bots can be outplayed in SV... damn, I will repeat once more. This is how u supposed to jump in the to the game?  Do u even hear your self? YOu suggest to make a PK 10 lvl idk, dagger? And go SV and pk bots? Log in your main and PICK up adena?.... Oh boy, this is fun actually.

@Missavrora How ungreatful are these ppl geez... My bad I guess for giving you the eziest way out.
ok let's do it the other way: You get free no grade weapon, allright?
In this one week of its existence you're telling me its hard to make some adena for D-grade? human and elf wizards have pony/cat for mana, pretty much non stop xp and u can even solo aoe at spots like Abandoned camp for huge profit.
Or how about making a spoiler and sell the spoiled materials?
You hit 40 lvl? Sweet! You can solo aoe cruma (krators are super slow and drop Proof of Blood that everyone buys). you don't wanna solo? ok, open party matching and create a room for DV or EV (usually a tank and 2 more nukers are all u need, chances are one of them might even have high buffers to make it easier)
You just want an orc with a sword? Fine, once u make some adena with your no grade FREE weapon, buy a decent D grade and farm outside ant nest, adena is good and u can make ez D grade drops which u can crystalize.
Make your own artisan to craft your shots/sell shots maybe?

Funny enough, all the options above won't even take you long to reach with xp being so boosted these days.

Ps: I moved the talk to a more appropriate topic since the last one was locked
i couldn't quote your own post after the lock, so i replaced one of my own with your text

@FryderykChopin on the SV issue: I don't expect anyone to know it or like to do it. But for players who have played this game before and still cry that this is hard, maybe adressing this alternative will prevent them from quitting.

Edited by Sensei
  • Thanks 2

re malaka, are you the one encouraging newbies to pickup drops at sv? I always have to triplecheck if I dropped any weapon/armor from the mobs so one of the 10 looter chars around me dont pick it up themselves, it triggers my OCD

6 hours ago, Sensei said:

@FryderykChopin on the SV issue: I don't expect anyone to know it or like to do it. But for players who have played this game before and still cry that this is hard, maybe adressing this alternative will prevent them from quitting.

I said it many times before and I'm going to say it again: there's difference between 'hard' and 'stupid'. 'Hard' was playing on 1.0 when we couldn't use shots because they were too expensive and had no buffs, BUT we had people around to play with, which was fun. 'Stupid' on the other hand is being forced to either pay €10 to try out the server or spend X days looting in SV with the bots, I mean literally just having the game open, and battling with f*cking bots to loot the adena, nothing else just spend X hours trying to click on adena a million times just so you can afford to exist on the server for another month. Is it really that hard to understand that this is NOT the environment where we could expect newbies to start? People come here expecting 'hard' but right now they're getting 'stupid', which is the reason why server is dying.

Edited by FryderykChopin

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

I said it many times before and I'm going to say it again: there's difference between 'hard' and 'stupid'. 'Hard' was playing on 1.0 when we couldn't use shots because they were too expensive and had no buffs, BUT we had people around to play with, which was fun. 'Stupid' on the other hand is being forced to either pay €10 to try out the server or spend X days looting in SV with the bots, I mean literally just having the game open, and battling with f*cking bots to loot the adena, nothing else just spend X hours trying to click on adena a million times just so you can afford to exist on the server for another month. Is it really that hard to understand that this is NOT the environment where we could expect newbies to start? People come here expecting 'hard' but right now they're getting 'stupid', which is the reason why server is dying.

I've sent videos of those bots that pick up and the answer was always that they were not found guilty.
Take a look at this and laugh.

cheaper PA would be an interesting idea btw

Edited by Sensei
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

And now imagine peopole suggesting to new players to go SV and fight those bots to pick up some adena. Hilarous ? Any new player who will follow this advice and see those bots will leave the server IMMEDIATELY. Bots should be banned, not played around. Fighting with bots for adena would be quite humiliating, like bullying new kids at school or something ?

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

I've sent videos of those bots that pick up and the answer was always that they were not found guilty.
Take a look at this and laugh.

cheaper PA would be an interesting idea btw

they were not found guilty.    Srly? They were not found guilty ? This is clearly automated action omg, I have no words...I don't even want to continue playing here  tbh, after those words, where u can see it is clearly BOT (using 3rd party soft) and they were not found guilty... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

p.s."cheaper PA would be an interesting idea btw". I like this idea.

Edited by Missavrora

55 minutes ago, Missavrora said:

they were not found guilty.    Srly? They were not found guilty ? This is clearly automated action omg, I have no words...I don't even want to continue playing here  tbh, after those words, where u can see it is clearly BOT (using 3rd party soft) and they were not found guilty... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Bigger chance u get banned cos u bought on market item that was "traded from RMT SHOP char", than these bots geting banned ?

Sad reality on club. 

P.S. Check toi 11 during china prime (since now on till like 17 CEST), one party that was not found guilty farming there ?

On topic. I disagree to make 2 box free, but making 30 days PA for 5 euro could be good solution

Edited by Rizos

2 hours ago, Missavrora said:

picking up "bots" are server least concern after all they dont get lvls and they dont abuse a bug u can counter them easy if u god dawm pick up ur own drops

PS: @Sensei cheaper pa acc is not the solution, but allowing to have free dualbox if both windows are 58 or less lvl could be better, afer this point i think every1 can pay his pa with adena as 58 lvl buffer has almost all buffs

Edited by iAxZp
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, iAxZp said:

picking up "bots" are server least concern after all they dont get lvls and they dont abuse a bug u can counter them easy if u god dawm pick up ur own drops

PS: @Sensei cheaper pa acc is not the solution, but allowing to have free dualbox if both windows are 58 or less lvl could be better, afer this point i think every1 can pay his pa with adena as 58 lvl buffer has almost all buffs

damn, this is actually cool idea. Make 1 duail box free from lvl 1-58 let say, really cool idea

14 minutes ago, Missavrora said:

damn, this is actually cool idea. Make 1 duail box free from lvl 1-58 let say, really cool idea

yeah no. Please fk off with cameras zerg