Sign in to follow this  
shinobisan

Drop rate of inventory

Hi, I was wondering if items in inventory are less likely to be dropped on death the more items you have.

Example:
if you have 2 items, the probability of drop is 50% each.
if you have 10 items, the probability of drop is 10% each.

Maybe there are more elements involved in the equation, but i want to know specifically if number of items matter.

yes, the more items you have in inventory, the less likely you are to drop that one certain item (like for example weapon or main armor), also you dont have to have no grade rings in inventory, its enough if you have any items in there (mats, scrolls, potions),even items which cannot be dropped are counted into the drop chance (just with difference that if the RNG chooses those to drop, you dont drop anything), using no grade rings has lots of cons - unlike other items you dont really use them for anything and if you drop them, the sound just scares you that you dropped something valuable as its full drop sound :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

yes, the more items you have in inventory, the less likely you are to drop that one certain item (like for example weapon or main armor), also you dont have to have no grade rings in inventory, its enough if you have any items in there (mats, scrolls, potions),even items which cannot be dropped are counted into the drop chance (just with difference that if the RNG chooses those to drop, you dont drop anything), using no grade rings has lots of cons - unlike other items you dont really use them for anything and if you drop them, the sound just scares you that you dropped something valuable as its full drop sound :D

But on the other hand, if they try to strip you under the mobs, and the NG falls, this bastard will hear the sound, be disappointed to see the ring: P

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snidget said:

But on the other hand, if they try to strip you under the mobs, and the NG falls, this bastard will hear the sound, be disappointed to see the ring: P

yes, thats also true :D but i preferred not to hear that sound, coz if you hear it during pvp when you die and you can drop epic jewel, you start to spam your teammates "come to me and pick up, i dropped jewel" which just wastes their time if its magic ring :D also if you drop varnish instead of full drop, that is also hella disappointing for enemies, trust me, know it from my own experience :< 

Edited by MoDoy

15 hours ago, MoDoy said:

hahaha the sound would give you heart attack every time ?

18 hours ago, MoDoy said:

Have you guys actually tested it? I don't die enough to make a claim one way or another, but from the last 2 deaths I remember I dropped a ring (with something) and then just an earring.

It also kind of makes sense since NCsoft made this game to be deliberaty fukinwichu in all imaginable way... Also I remember how everyone started carrying inventory filled with NG rings since Rizoski dropped his Orfen in anthrax lair, so was this just a grand-scale meme?

11 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

Have you guys actually tested it? I don't die enough to make a claim one way or another, but from the last 2 deaths I remember I dropped a ring (with something) and then just an earring.

It also kind of makes sense since NCsoft made this game to be deliberaty fukinwichu in all imaginable way... Also I remember how everyone started carrying inventory filled with NG rings since Rizoski dropped his Orfen in anthrax lair, so was this just a grand-scale meme?

there was test on russian off forum about it i think and yes, we actually once dropped the item which cannot be dropped (it gave error message in chat log, dont ask me why, its complicated to explain), so yes, even non droppable items are counted there

personally i always carried just stuff i use around, some mats from farming (putting all mats except 1 from each kind to WH), like 8 different kind of xp scrolls and such stuff, never really dropped full item (didnt pick for quite some time as well :( like last 5 times ppl dropped nothing or varnish or anything)

On 4/3/2019 at 3:12 PM, MoDoy said:

the sound just scares you that you dropped something valuable as its full drop sound :D

>2019

>sound in l2

200.webp?cid=790b76115ca635e75068694951d

On 4/4/2019 at 7:51 PM, etze said:

>2019

>sound in l2

200.webp?cid=790b76115ca635e75068694951d

how can you play with sounds turned off? you miss gems like "ibisjaha calahari. CHAPAM!"  For reference watch this 

Also that lovely soulshot/spiritshot activation sound. It's wonderful, especially when you are farming and you have to hear it every second.