Fillefant

New player stuck between Tyrant or Dark Avenger

Hello guys,

I am having trouble deciding what to play between a tyrant and DA.
I have so far leveled a tyrant to 30 and a DA to 27 and my experiences in a quick summary so far is as follows:

Tyrant
+ Great fun with the different abilites, and good damage when i use my abilites
- If i use my abilites im out of mp in like 4-5 mobs
Dark Avenger
+ As good as tyrant with white hit damage so far
+ More tanky than the tyrant, so less downtime because of HP
- Not any damage abilities
So with the points i listed, do they change/get better the further i go?
I feel the one thing holding me back on the tyrant is how fast i go out of mana if i use abilites, so i guess its about autohits all the way through?
With the DA i feel more tanky and safe, but a bit boring not having any damage abilites.

Any recommendation? I am going to play alongside 2 friends. One of em is going to play PR, and the other one will play BD with WC as dual box. What will benefit this grp the most for the leveling, DA or tyrant?

Any recommendations are much appreciated, ty in advance.
Edited by Fillefant

for pve tyr or destro ll be similar with wc duo. while wl needs at least a recharger (ee/se). they can all aoe. i think tyr has the best aoe dps if you can mantain his mp. but the other two can hit with pole

for pvp tyr is the most versatile of the 3, and become stronger in 76/78 with range hex and rush. while destro until 70+ is a slow mele stunner with high debuff resist. a tanky warrior, but in 76+ with some 3 class skills and a decent build it becomes a beast in mele combat. wl is for mass pvps / siege

4 hours ago, Fillefant said:

Hello, i got a question about starting class. I started a tyrant(monk so far) as my first character and have played alongside my friend who will go warcryer. Its been fun so far, but im starting to notice alot of recommendations towards warlord or even destroyer on the forums. For a casual player playing solo or in a group of 2 which one of those three classes would you say is best? I have never played either of em, so cant say which one would be me most fun for me. When i played L2 years ago i played SK and DA and favoured my DA the most. So in summary, warlord, tyrant or destroyer for a starter?

Any recommendations are much appreciated, ty in advance.

As for a starter destro will be easier. He is more tanky and deals good dmg. Tyrant is more flexible and strong in good hands. So again with destro it will be more relaxing and comfortable.

Edited by Poseidon

21 minutes ago, Fillefant said:

Alot of good responses here. What makes the warlord loose power next update?

Mostly because blue wolf sets get +30% stun resistance 

And also it will be easier to get 80 lvl and more cp will have song of purification (80% debuff resistance)

2 hours ago, Fillefant said:

Alot of good responses here. What makes the warlord loose power next update?

when classic came out, it was all about levels and debuffs, however with each update more and more debuff resistance items/buffs are comming into play, thus classes which heavily focused on controlling targets and were insane power houses in the past are going to lose lots of power in every next update as meta changes from controlling playstyle to bursting playstyle

if you dont know what to choose, tyrant is safe pick, noob friendly char, has many different playstyles because of totems, very good pve, close range and long range, it has everything and it will get boosted with every incomming update

Thx for the great replies here guys.

So with the information gathered i boiled it down to dark avenger or tyrant. So i have now leveled the tyrant to lvl 30, and DA to lvl 27.

My experiences in a quick summary so far is as follows:

Tyrant

Dark Avenger

I feel the one thing holding me back on the tyrant is how fast i go out of mana if i use abilites, so i guess its about autohits all the way through?

With the DA i feel more tanky and safe, but a bit boring not having any damage abilites.

1 hour ago, Fillefant said:

Thx for the great replies here guys.

So with the information gathered i boiled it down to dark avenger or tyrant. So i have now leveled the tyrant to lvl 30, and DA to lvl 27.

My experiences in a quick summary so far is as follows:

Tyrant

Dark Avenger

dude, tyrant is a DD, DA is a tank. choose between this. gl

Hehe, easy enough :)

So, as stated my choice is between tyrant and DA. If anyone have any answers to the topics i listed above that would be greatly appreciated :)

I am going to play alongside 2 friends. One of em is going to play PR, and the other one will play BD with WC as dual box. What will benefit this grp the most for the leveling, DA or tyrant?