Scion

New server one day

5 hours ago, MoDoy said:

you forgot L2 is not game played by 15 years old kiddos anymore, most of ppl still playing it coz of nostalgia wouldnt mind paying those 10e at start from what i know if they know its worth it (which it is)

This doesn't fly though. If this was true, Skelth wouldn't have died in a first place. The truth is that L2 players, even the nostalgia ones, are just as hesitant to paying monthly fees as any other players. And it's incredibly hard to realize it's "worth it" when you're stuck farming solo without buffers and with empty partymatching window. People who just check by Classic for the giggles of it go to NA where it's actually free to try it (not to play in a longrun, but that's not the reason club is bleeding newbies right now)

5 hours ago, MoDoy said:

i have no idea how could you control this "newbie PA free 2 month", but its already tragic when you see amount of cameras everywhere and every your step is monitored

if something is supposed to be done for newbies, its free teleports until 40 lvl, maybe questionably newbie buffer like it was in past chronicles like gracia final (you get some very basic but useful buffs from 16 lvl to 56 lvl)

I'm not sure how cameras could be controlled, but that's honestly a small problem compared to the main issue of newbie leaving due to catastrophic conditions. It's like worrying about the look of stitches when the wound keeps bleeding. Free teleport is not enough - leveling up without buffs/recharge for many chars is not only painful (it should be since it's classic), but it's also straight forward stupid due to lack of parties. Newbie buffer could fly, but even then I feel like it's just half-assing the problem.

As a newbie here (don't watch my joining date XD... i simply started last weekend playing actually!)
I'll add my 2 cents:

• I Agree with the fact that paying 10€/month to get a buffer is way too much. But I don't blame the server owners, they need some kind of earning and this seems the best way (also because this mean that most of the people online is real people, and it is a good thing... no?)
    Beside that, it is anyway a given choice to pay those euros to play (for example i tried the 7 days just to see how it was, it costed just 3€);
    The main difference with Skelth resides here, in the fact that you can at least play without pay.
  • Free Teleports until 40 should be a must; It was really difficult to handle adena in the start, me and my gf had some issues to meet eachother (as she started DE and I started Orc). Fortunately our clan helped us out, or we would still be hanging in our starting zone ^^'
  • Newbie buffer is something I didn't feel the need of; Levelling i've got several rewards some of which are buff scrolls (and i'm just 30, i've checked and there are more yet to unlock)

Other than that, is true that at low level is difficult to find people, is also true that most of the people is waiting for the next patch, so i'm not worried.

In the end,
I'm enjoing my journey with all the calm and the time I need,
and I honestly appreciate the work of the devs here, as they give me the possibility to play this game :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, caesar1989 said:

As a newbie here (don't watch my joining date XD... i simply started last weekend playing actually!)
I'll add my 2 cents:

• I Agree with the fact that paying 10€/month to get a buffer is way too much. But I don't blame the server owners, they need some kind of earning and this seems the best way (also because this mean that most of the people online is real people, and it is a good thing... no?)
    Beside that, it is anyway a given choice to pay those euros to play (for example i tried the 7 days just to see how it was, it costed just 3€);
    The main difference with Skelth resides here, in the fact that you can at least play without pay.
  • Free Teleports until 40 should be a must; It was really difficult to handle adena in the start, me and my gf had some issues to meet eachother (as she started DE and I started Orc). Fortunately our clan helped us out, or we would still be hanging in our starting zone ^^'
  • Newbie buffer is something I didn't feel the need of; Levelling i've got several rewards some of which are buff scrolls (and i'm just 30, i've checked and there are more yet to unlock)

Other than that, is true that at low level is difficult to find people, is also true that most of the people is waiting for the next patch, so i'm not worried.

In the end,
and I honestly appreciate the work of the devs here, as they give me the possibility to play this game :)

19 hours ago, caesar1989 said:

I'll add my 2 cents:

In the end,

Yeah but you had someone to play with, that I consider problem solved. The main issue here are solo players, which I believe are majority of the newbies.

Server obviously does need money, but this is not the 'best way'. Far from it. It worked when server started and server was full of newbies. But it started getting worse and worse as number of low lvl player decreased and now it's an absolute disaster.

Admins will have some numbers to know that I'm right about this, but it doesn't take PhD in rocket science to know that (solo player) minus (boxed buffer) minus (party) equeals (minus one solo player). Anyone who argues that should go and make a solo nuker or destro and try to level it up. It's not "hardcore", it's not "the way this game is supposed to be played", it's just plain forward stupid and I'm not surprised at slightest that we're heavily bleeding newbies players. 

Patch won't fix this. Patch will bring a momentarilly bump in numbers, but after a month or two we're going to end up exactly where we are now. Patch won't magically make leveling up solo without buffer sensible.

Server income needs to shift elsewhere. People are irrationally afraid of P2W, but what exactly is auction house? Even without it, L2 has became inevitably P2W when RMT started filling it. Anyone can buy adena, items, RB jewels and even complete chars with a few clicks. The server won't become any less or more P2W when the donate shop updates with a few items.

16 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

Yeah but you had someone to play with, that I consider problem solved. The main issue here are solo players, which I believe are majority of the newbies.

Server obviously does need money, but this is not the 'best way'. Far from it. It worked when server started and server was full of newbies. But it started getting worse and worse as number of low lvl player decreased and now it's an absolute disaster.

Admins will have some numbers to know that I'm right about this, but it doesn't take PhD in rocket science to know that (solo player) minus (boxed buffer) minus (party) equeals (minus one solo player). Anyone who argues that should go and make a solo nuker or destro and try to level it up. It's not "hardcore", it's not "the way this game is supposed to be played", it's just plain forward stupid and I'm not surprised at slightest that we're heavily bleeding newbies players. 

Patch won't fix this. Patch will bring a momentarilly bump in numbers, but after a month or two we're going to end up exactly where we are now. Patch won't magically make leveling up solo without buffer sensible.

Server income needs to shift elsewhere. People are irrationally afraid of P2W, but what exactly is auction house? Even without it, L2 has became inevitably P2W when RMT started filling it. Anyone can buy adena, items, RB jewels and even complete chars with a few clicks. The server won't become any less or more P2W when the donate shop updates with a few items.

ok, in that case, make something similar like with moon knight armor quests at 25 lvl, but this time quest reward would be some low D bow while giving them some explanation why bow is good thing so that every newbie no matter what class he plays could join RBs from 25 lvl, that way ppl can save money, they can xp to lvl 40 pretty much for free (considering they get D bow, D armor from quests and teleports are free), and if they make this progress on them and after that on buffer, i am pretty sure they will be able to afford PA for that adena and continue their journey

also with this kind of xp you dont need to have your buffer most of the time, so you dont need to have PA from the start

Edited by MoDoy

Ye , about free gk till 40 was the moment to improve it , the idea about D grade bow quest was quite nice too , this can bring ppl safe to second class .

I’lvl will stay with PA and make ppl join other ppl and play togheter and play any support class too , l2 wasn’t a solo player game even if sometime u need to do it ofc but better group up and get fun with others

10 minutes ago, Drizzt Do Urden said:

Ye , about free gk till 40 was the moment to improve it , the idea about D grade bow quest was quite nice too , this can bring ppl safe to second class .

I’lvl will stay with PA and make ppl join other ppl and play togheter and play any support class too , l2 wasn’t a solo player game even if sometime u need to do it ofc but better group up and get fun with others

thing is, ppl complain that until 40 lvl there are not really that many people even if ppl play active supports (which is understandable coz of amount of bosses 20-40 lvl offers and how much xp it gives). solution? give option for every newbie to make those RB parties, however something which wouldnt be abusable with bots creating and selling these guns to shop for adena (maybe make some custom bow which would have stats like low D but it wouldnt sell in grocery for anything), also make this quest even slightly longer, so you actually would have to make some work to get that item and it wouldnt be 2 clicks quest.

under 40 lvl, support or party doesnt really help you anyway as what buffers offer is waaaay too limited, after 40 lvl supports become more relevant (and thus partying for xping is profitable), 40+ RBs are not as common as before so people level much slower and that means density of people should be higher and thus more enjoyable even without PA

On 5/6/2019 at 2:16 PM, Scion said:

no friends told me about the situation , its not that classic club is unknown in the cummonity , some just have problems with the pay for extra account or auction house , but i rather have that then the new pve patches. > I've played on classic club for more than a year before moving to official NA and never spent a single euro in this server (you can farm enough adena to pay you PAs even when you are low level or even sell stuff on AH and then use that to get COLs). And AH is not a big deal, since we all know a "black market" exists in any server and people will buy stuff .. AH actually helps a lot if you dont want to spend money in the server. 

pay for 8 x pa to play for a week? or should i go solo client and be stuck after 2 days , sry bro i dont play like that , and since im a white knight against rmt , buying high buffers is no solution for me thx tho > as i explained it shouldn't be a problem ... and you would probably come with a whole CP anyway .. so you can easily lvl up buffers a soon as you can afford PAs

sad but thx for info 

you can close/delete/move Topic  @Koll

Now being serious... you come from the Official NA, which is hands down the biggest trash i have ever played ... wasted my time there ... Super Pay2Win with pendants (same stats as a full epic set); events that gives +16 weapon boxes, MT and white cloths like they were nothing ... 

If you seriously want to waste your time on NA and not move to club ... then i guess you want to spend a lot of money on the NA eShop ... so everything you said doesn't even make sense

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Snowy said:

Good decision for this problem its alow at  least 2nd window fo free

no. that would be disaster, go look for active support if you cry about paying 10e monthly, after 40+ its easy to find buffers

18 hours ago, LuizM said:

Now being serious... you come from the Official NA, which is hands down the biggest trash i have ever played ... wasted my time there ... Super Pay2Win with pendants (same stats as a full epic set); events that gives +16 weapon boxes, MT and white cloths like they were nothing ... 

If you seriously want to waste your time on NA and not move to club ... then i guess you want to spend a lot of money on the NA eShop ... so everything you said doesn't even make sense

I just wanted to know if there is another server opening .

I didnt want to open a discussion if this server is good or bad or any server.

trust me i stopped wasting my time before pendants and +16 weapons was announced , I stopped in late December after our enemies fall apart.

and feel free to close the topic before somebody else is offended on my topic @Koll

Edited by Scion