Sign in to follow this  
caesar1989

[Request] Guides & Tools for Classic.Club

Hello fellow gamers!

Hope you are having a good game, and enjoing the server as much as I'm doing ?
Unfortunately I'm not playing that much during week-days for work/personal reasons, but my char is fishing, and waiting for my return for the weekend (yuppie! :D)

So, while I'm at work, and burning out of boredoom I was thinking that it would be awesome to have some guides
(like, documents on google drive, or entire threads in the Tutorial section, with images and details) on:

• How to play in this server
    • Simple guides on how to install the client (update the already existing guide), register (explaining the diffrence and importance of Main Account from Game Accounts), starting your first char (info about the starting bonuses and so on), using the Action House and so on
  • What Quests must be done, and how to do those quests (like the Moon Knight obviously, but also side/repeatable quests that may come handy)
  • What is the meta
    • Which class to play, why everyone should have a Bow, how to handle adena as a newbie, when to change equipment, how to start fishing and so on
  • Tools that can be used that will not get you banned
    • for example: I used to play FFXIV from the head start, and used ACT almost from the same time, it was against the TOS of Square-Enix, but it was not game-breaking tool so it was (and is) accepted; this kind of tools, if any exists, for L2.
  • Mods that can be used that will not get you banned:
  • Any other thing (recording gameplay? even taking a screenshot or how to use loop-macroes efficiently)

All this little guides/tutorials will come handy for new (and returning) players,
This will dissipate a lot of the misunderstandings of the people that starts playing here, or that come back after a while.
And being made specifically for the server there would be no possibility for errors/variations (for example: i lost some time looking for the fishing quest that was listed on l2wiki, before knowing that it does not exists here ^^')

Hope some veterans (or just more experienced player than me XD) will start posting,
If you have any thought about this matter (like making an event with a prize for the best guide maybe (?)  to involve more people), just answer on this thread :)

See you in game!

• Like 2

its very good idea, but unless you find someone really enthusiastic, very good guides wont come out of it. making good guide consumes tons of time, so if you dont give adequate reward, people wont take their time to make different kind of interesting guides which could help others. i wanted to make some of those guides you mentioned + olympiad full guide with videos and stuff, but after thinking what everything i would have to put there and how much time it would consume, i just said its not worth it in the end.

Yeah, in fact, the idea of making a sort of contest (like they did on Skelth btw) was something.

I get that it takes some effort, but people should think that this is for the greater good of making the server a better place for everyone, and not only people that already knows what to do!

On my side, I'm willing to do some of this guides, as soon as I have enough knowledge on the matters.

There were some rewards for guides in forum, but they were like every1 gets 10 col, no matter if u make huge great guide or if u copy paste from internet how to make 1 quest, So ppl didnt get interested i guess

20 minutes ago, Rizos said:

There were some rewards for guides in forum, but they were like every1 gets 10 col, no matter if u make huge great guide or if u copy paste from internet how to make 1 quest, So ppl didnt get interested i guess

That is the thing to avoid. Better make something like 3 tier rewards (Gold, silver and bronze for example) and nothing more, to make people give their best :P

Beside that, it would be awesome if people would like to share their knowledge without any reward at all (but i know that is not something i'll ever see ?

Edited by caesar1989

16 minutes ago, caesar1989 said:

That is the thing to avoid. Better make something like 3 tier rewards (Gold, silver and bronze for example) and nothing more, to make people give their best :P

Beside that, it would be awesome if people would like to share their knowledge without any reward at all (but i know that is not something i'll ever see ?

dunno mby there were even 3 tiers 10 20 and 30 col not sure, but concept of competition is better imo

now reward is 10 col? :D its a value of 1 euro, so better is nothing than that. If decent full guides would be made it would attract more people to server as they google for stuff and find it in this forum so it would be win-win. 

IMHO for a really good topic guide maker should be awarded something like 300 col + cloak/hair accesory. And those who add more details to the guide to make it complete should get 10-100 col.

7 minutes ago, NWD said:

now reward is 10 col? :D its a value of 1 euro, so better is nothing than that. If decent full guides would be made it would attract more people to server as they google for stuff and find it in this forum so it would be win-win. 

IMHO for a really good topic guide maker should be awarded something like 300 col + cloak/hair accesory. And those who add more details to the guide to make it complete should get 10-100 col.

if reward is that high, ppl would try to abuse it and make sh1t guides just to get col

10 minutes ago, Rizos said:

if reward is that high, ppl would try to abuse it and make sh1t guides just to get col

Agree.

The reward system, if it ever will be approved (or even thinked by the admins), should be something well balanced,
and actually rewarding the effort of making a freshly and widely usable guide for the entire community.

but I agree a lot with this fact for sure

19 minutes ago, NWD said:

If decent full guides would be made it would attract more people to server as they google for stuff and find it in this forum so it would be win-win.

There should be a well ranked system.
As you said at least 3 tier 

1. Content Creator (Gold,Silver,Bronze)
2. Contribute with a new chapter of the guide with another ranked system (Gold,Silver,Bronze). and a smaller reward

Community+GM should be togheter using pool vote to evaluate a guide.
In this way entire clan can't feed a Gold post  of a clanmate if GM does not approve it and ranked it with a lower tier

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheOddOne said:

Hi, all !

Can some tell me where to get color chat mod , couse the link from Morim dosent work? :/ 

Ty in advance !

This one should work

Even if it would be really awesome to have the Morim's mods working again on 2.0, it would be a really great QoL update ?

Still waiting for words from admins about this (and hopefully some guides XD)

8 hours ago, Humble said:

This may take a serious amount of time to develop.. much more than a guide (and whoever will do this will also have to update with every patch)
Never say never eh... but I would not hold my breath waiting for it :P