TrekPazt

Mage weapon 1h vs staff

@TrekPazt Sure is, mages are weak in term of defence, having a shield can mean difference between you being dead and you being alive still doing dmg. Dont listen to JzOo, you dont need 21 more matk, the defence you get from shield is in my opinion more important. It blocks physical and magical damage. Higher survivability means more dps in the end anyway.

yes yes listen to this guy he knows everything and 95%+ of mages that use 2h staff in this server is just bcoz they like extra 21matk :)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JzOo said:

if u wanna be useless mage then yes its good reason to play 1h + shield

So you are useless according to your videos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, user12345 said:

So you are useless according to your videos. 

am i mage? also there is some other reasons why i use 1h blunt instead of 2h for oly :) but sure there are plenty of warcreyrs who wanna be mages and just drain 24/7 wherever they go

Edited by JzOo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TrekPazt said:

Is there any good reason to go for 1h+shield ?

yes, there is good reason why to go 1h+shield (same like there is good reason why to go 2h), but that goes only for pvp, about which i can say only this

nGRgBnq.png

so go 2h staff on mage

15 minutes ago, user12345 said:

Not fighter for sure

okey but once again my question for u am i mage? or u think every char that has magic skills are mages?

11 minutes ago, JzOo said:

okey but once again my question for u am i mage? or u think every char that has magic skills are mages?

Theres only 4 mages ingame, sorc sps sh and necro. So why you come here with your wc talk suprises me. Op didnt ask aything about buffclasses, he asked about mages with shields.

To op like i said, shield is good for extra defence. And like Modoy explained further its for pvp.

Shield/sword pvp

Staff for pve

Rechargers/buffers = different story.

@jzoo oh you use 1 handed blunt for faster stun? Please tell us more how awesome your knowledge is.

imo 2h staff for sorc/necro/sps/sph, and 1h +shield for summoner/ol/wc, specially against archers and daggers. if you are lucky you can get perfect block and get 1 dmg from fatal counter :P

3 minutes ago, Deibu said:

Theres only 4 mages ingame, sorc sps sh and necro. So why you come here with your wc talk suprises me. Op didnt ask aything about buffclasses, he asked about mages with shields.

To op like i said, shield is good for extra defence. And like Modoy explained further its for pvp.

Shield/sword pvp

Staff for pve

Rechargers/buffers = different story.

@jzoo oh you use 1 handed blunt for faster stun? Please tell us more how awesome your knowledge is.

i feel like this reply of yours is full of bullsh1ts :) first of all i didnt came here with my wc talks and this my question about wc being mage was not for that guy who even made this disccusion or whatever u call this topic but to the guy who thinks i am mages. 2nd thing being mage ur job is to deal dmg not to survive longer, this is the job that other party members have to deal with. In real pvps ur shield def will let u avoid 1-2 skill, gz u would survive extra 2s. Dont play like potato mage and u will survive much longer and u will not need to cry about extra pdef from shields :) I see majority server mages playing with 2h staff for both pve and pvp and now what u want to say all of them just bunch of newbies that knows nothing about items value? 

Actually i play perfect mage called warlock :D

after your replies iam not wiser. Quite confused actually

ty for replies . iam little bit on side of shield + 1h. Being tanky is always nice and shield with +++homu looks quite lovely on warlock. I will think about it more and see

1 hour ago, TrekPazt said:

Actually i play perfect mage called warlock :D

after your replies iam not wiser. Quite confused actually

ty for replies . iam little bit on side of shield + 1h. Being tanky is always nice and shield with +++homu looks quite lovely on warlock. I will think about it more and see

well if you are summoner for sure you arent "nuker" category of mage so 1h sword + transfer pain + a bw light set will give you the survivability u seek as class while ur pet kills ur target no metter if its pve or pvp after 1 point. for starting levels tho (tiill 70 i could say) you can play with 2h staff to kill mobs if you are bored to let only pet do the job cuz u have endless mana.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JzOo said:

i feel like this reply of yours is full of bullsh1ts :) first of all i didnt came here with my wc talks and this my question about wc being mage was not for that guy who even made this disccusion or whatever u call this topic but to the guy who thinks i am mages. 2nd thing being mage ur job is to deal dmg not to survive longer, this is the job that other party members have to deal with. In real pvps ur shield def will let u avoid 1-2 skill, gz u would survive extra 2s. Dont play like potato mage and u will survive much longer and u will not need to cry about extra pdef from shields :) I see majority server mages playing with 2h staff for both pve and pvp and now what u want to say all of them just bunch of newbies that knows nothing about items value? 

If you want attention make your own topic. You are not helping only flaming for "insert reason here".

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Humble said:

If you want attention make your own topic. You are not helping only flaming for "insert reason here".

im not looking for attention i just shut down dogs who barks too loud :) and for you yes u said ur opinnion but with this opinnion you disagree with majority of server and in this case i dont think it would be good choice take it as good advice for ppl who play mages. Also the guy who made topic gave us false info since he is summoner not real mage. And to end this disscusion iAxp gave good advice what to use playing as summoner.

20 minutes ago, JzOo said:

im not looking for attention i just shut down dogs who barks too loud :) and for you yes u said ur opinnion but with this opinnion you disagree with majority of server and in this case i dont think it would be good choice take it as good advice for ppl who play mages. Also the guy who made topic gave us false info since he is summoner not real mage. And to end this disscusion iAxp gave good advice what to use playing as summoner.

You shut down dogs who bark to loud? Man do you see ghosts sometimes? I only told the op to not listen to you because you only shout something without supporting your oppinion. Something about barking dog? Welp I didnt know general population disagrees with me, I figured they just cant afford a second +12 mage wep especially for pvp thats all. I mean we cant all be humble.

Anyhow op good luck with your summoner, you'll find out that its the hardest class to give a label because it can do many things.

2 minutes ago, Humble said:

You shut down dogs who bark to loud? Man do you see ghosts sometimes? I only told the op to not listen to you because you only shout something without supporting your oppinion. Something about barking dog? Welp I didnt know general population disagrees with me, I figured they just cant afford a second +12 mage wep especially for pvp thats all. I mean we cant all be humble.

Anyhow op good luck with your summoner, you'll find out that its the hardest class to give a label because it can do many things.

i wasnt even talking about you but about other 2 guys guys and if u cant see that bad for you

Ok cool bro, but I figured since you quote me you react to me but I dunno forums. Maybe a wild modoy will appear and tell us.

30 minutes ago, Humble said:

Ok cool bro, but I figured since you quote me you react to me but I dunno forums. Maybe a wild modoy will appear and tell us.

image.png.5abd249034571d710129b69fa39aa400.png

necro / sps = 1h blunt + shield

sorcerer / spellhowler = 2h staff

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MoDoy said:

image.png.5abd249034571d710129b69fa39aa400.png

necro / sps = 1h blunt + shield

sorcerer / spellhowler = 2h staff

Not a mage expert but why would there be such a difference between SPS and socka so that they use different setup? 

4LkbhJV.jpg.df096eaef7c3c61669ce522eab4bd106.jpg

Imo flip a coin, if you guess the side then it means you're lucky so go for shield, otherwise get 2h /case closed. //Also the buffs are kinda factor here, whether or not you have access to Bless Shield/Advance Block is a major factor

Edited by FryderykChopin

1 minute ago, FryderykChopin said:

Not a mage expert but why would there be such a difference between SPS and socka so that they use different setup? 

4LkbhJV.jpg.df096eaef7c3c61669ce522eab4bd106.jpg

Imo flip a coin, if you guess the side then it means you're lucky so go for shield, otherwise get 2h /case closed

sps has variety of skills he can use when some are on reuse while sorcerer needs to wait for reuse as he doesnt have other nuke skill except prominence, that means you need to output as much damage as possible with every single nuke

thats just personal preference how i would play mage, not scientifically proved

46 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

sps has variety of skills he can use when some are on reuse while sorcerer needs to wait for reuse as he doesnt have other nuke skill except prominence, that means you need to output as much damage as possible with every single nuke

thats just personal preference how i would play mage, not scientifically proved

Well Sorc can theoretically use blaze .... its potentially simmilar damage as frost bolt or ice dagger (vs puri song xd)

For me every burst mage is 2h.... Nerco  1h+ shield is good

2 minutes ago, YipMan said:

Well Sorc can theoretically use blaze .... its potentially simmilar damage as frost bolt or ice dagger (vs puri song xd)

For me every burst mage is 2h.... Nerco  1h+ shield is good

blaze is 750 range unlike ice dagger and solar, you really dont want to use it as mage :D