Sign in to follow this  
Maximus

Spellhowler Vs Necromancer

Hello guys

I just decided of having a mage as a second char. I have seen some people that I know from game making AOE and I really got impressed. I come from Hi5 and at that time noone did that. My main is a dagger and it's hard to get Adena or drops to sale and I really decided to make a mage. But here comes the big question, which mage should I make?....

I would like a mage for AOE and for the moment I have not CP. I am not going to focus him for PvP. 

After reading tons of forums about mages my choice comes to one of this two. I love CDL for RBs, and the chance that you have to do BtM but there are some disadvantages in each of them.

Necro has the strongest DMG in AOE but you need a corpse to explode and his main skill needs a expensive cursed bone. To get lvl 50 is not a big deal coz you can find some RB to kill and get that lvl fast. But I read that CDL is hard at 70+ coz mobs hit very strong and being low hp could get you dead with only one mistake.

SPH in the other hand has tempest for AOE which is not as strong but enough. His main skill doesn't use that curse bones. But I have read that tempest is capped to 14 mobs each skill so you need more skills in order to get all the train down.

I will appreciate your honest thoughts about it. I don't really know if coursed bones price is a deal when you are 70+ or not and if in this server tempest is capped to hit 14 mobs.

I had also read that Sorceror is a beast in AOE. But not having BtM and CDL lose interest for me. I write this because if you tell me it is a really beast of AOE and the reason.... I would think in having him as a choice as well.

Ps. I can have a SE and a PP to get buffs and farm.

Thank you guys!!

20 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Necro has the strongest DMG in AOE but you need a corpse to explode and his main skill needs a expensive cursed bone

20 minutes ago, Maximus said:

SPH in the other hand has tempest for AOE which is not as strong but enough. His main skill doesn't use that curse bones.

SPH main aoe skill is aura flash and it eats spirit ores which is even more expensive than cursed bones. Also at spots like abg all you need is to kill first 2-3 mobs and then only use Shift button to select the new corpse.

I would say SPH is a bit easier to farm than necro (you can even farm on macro, while on necro you have to click with your mouse to select the body(on locations like abg where mobs are weak)), but second one is a beast in pvp and oly. Also necro has transfer pain which makes him more tanky.

Almost forgot: if you deside to create a necro don't lvlup skeleton, leave it on lvl 1 to farm aoe in loa/toi.

As a mage after lv 40 you won't get any party for bosses unless you make your own room, maybe you can play as healer until 48 if you find someone who knows the drill.

If you had a cp to help you level up, I'd suggest you to take a sorceror as this is a very aoe-oriented class (same for spellsinger).

But as you're going solo most of the time, then Necromancer is your best option. You can effectively aoe solo after 46 on certain spots, you'll have cdl for solo leveling too and it is also a good class for olympiad.

All in all, any mage will fit your purpose. Pick wichever you feel like playing, do it for the fun and for the Classic experience. Big tip: go full wit or at least +8 as soon as you make your 2nd class transfer.

1 hour ago, Humble said:

Mage is an expensive class bro, if you want to make adena with AoE make a warlord/tyrant or spoiler.

Well Sorc / SPS / SPH aint expensive classes at aall if You think on em only as farming classes.... only thing You have to do is leaving ara flash on lvl 1 so it wont consume sh1ttons on spirit ore.

Necro..... well nero have a lot of pretty expensive spellbooks.... But You also dont need em if You want exp with him only.

4 hours ago, Torres said:

As a mage after lv 40 you won't get any party for bosses unless you make your own room, maybe you can play as healer until 48 if you find someone who knows the drill.

If you had a cp to help you level up, I'd suggest you to take a sorceror as this is a very aoe-oriented class (same for spellsinger).

But as you're going solo most of the time, then Necromancer is your best option. You can effectively aoe solo after 46 on certain spots, you'll have cdl for solo leveling too and it is also a good class for olympiad.

All in all, any mage will fit your purpose. Pick wichever you feel like playing, do it for the fun and for the Classic experience. Big tip: go full wit or at least +8 as soon as you make your 2nd class transfer.

Which spots are you talking about?. It would be great to know some of them.

I was thinking about to go +Int because +wit give you cast speed so I will be oom most of the time isn't it?. Going +Int Will ley me hit harder for same amount of mana. It is my plan but I am not a mage player so.....

Ps. Thanks all for yours answers.

6 hours ago, Maximus said:

Which spots are you talking about?. It would be great to know some of them.

I was thinking about to go +Int because +wit give you cast speed so I will be oom most of the time isn't it?. Going +Int Will ley me hit harder for same amount of mana. It is my plan but I am not a mage player so.....

Ps. Thanks all for yours answers.

I only know two spots for solo aoe: Cruma mobs Porta/Krator Outlaw Forest mobs Tarlk Basilik/Elder spot next to Ol Mahums.

On this 2.0 update you can go +12 with any symbol. Wit in classic enhances Magic Crit which is way better than high M. Atk. You can ask any mage in game, 90% of them will have +12 wit.

+12 int on mages is superior for PvE, unless you have 2-3 recharger boxes for sustain and have good enough weapon to oneshot. People getting +wit tats just because everyone else gets them are monkeys. "Monkey see, money do". Wit tattoos are for PvP, really no good reason to get them before 3rd class change.

20 hours ago, bowlcut gang said:

+12 int on mages is superior for PvE, unless you have 2-3 recharger boxes for sustain and have good enough weapon to oneshot. People getting +wit tats just because everyone else gets them are monkeys. "Monkey see, money do". Wit tattoos are for PvP, really no good reason to get them before 3rd class change.

excouse me mister but im pretty sure You have no idea what are You talking about.

I had both +int, and +wit, and +int aint big boost at all

+wit is way better eaven without rechargers becouse

-You cast much much much much faster

-You have much much much more m.crt chances (yes it better to make 500 dmg with regualar nuke, and 1,5-1,8 with mcrt regular, than making 700 dmg with regular nuke, and make m.crts only at xmass, while Your cast is double slower)

-You can make much much much faster mana with btm/self heal macro when You have hight wit.

Mage without +wit dyes is casting spells like retard.