Vedy90

Roll Back = Server Empty

Hello,

I have opened this topic because a very big roll-back has occurred from yesterday till today.

The reason I am posting this is because the admins should do something about it, because over 50% of the players have left the server due to this issue.

For example I have lost 5 levels on each of my dwarfs, I lost 4 hours of farming brigandine helmet designs and recipes and the most important a full brigandine helmet drop (from Leto Lizardman Overlord), I also lost 5kk and 1 level on my bigger character... ok enough about me... what about you guys? I bet a lot of people from the community lost a lot more items and adena and XP than me, due to this big roll-back.

The question is: What happens now? Will the Administrators be willing to give the items back to the players and apologize for this inconvenience (with the roll-back they literally pissed on our free time)... And maybe, just MAYBE at least 30% will come back and play and keep advertising the server to their friends...

Or is this the end of it all, because so many people are pissed and left the server?

Well?

I lost a dwarf and a healer all in one day. Each leveled to 21+ logged out in gludin. Went to login today and nothing is even around with my account information.

I recreated the one I am posting from right now, just to post this.

you do know this is a beta server right son?

anyway, the roll back on the BETA server (running now) happened becus we were moving the servers to a new machine, so to put it in a very simple way, the point where we copied the files from the old machine on last days, is the same point and the same files which were droped on new machine today, this means that the game basicly paused and everything u did on last day on the BETA, was not saved on the files which are now running on the new machine.

I think i made it kinda understandable if u still have any doubts about it feel free to pm on forum or skype and ill explain you better.

• Like 1

Beta is a pre-release test phase where things can change during the process. It's beta... BETA!! Your chars will be wiped in a few weeks with or without your demand for a reroll-back. 

So a player asking a question about a rollback and someone brand new the server deems to be told to pretty much get over it?

I can't speak for vedy, but as someone new to the server who just experienced it, enjoyed it, never heard anything about a rollback, server move whatever, this is certainly a warm welcome from the more "experienced" and forum "moderators/admins". Some people don't have the time to look through 5000+ posts on something when they just start. Nor should they have to feel like any future contribution they wish to add to the server will be met with such strong asinine retaliation so to speak.

I realize its a private server and that there are people dedicating their personal time to making it run, but wouldn't you rather have people support your work versus turn away due to asinine commentary? You survive by us, we don't survive by you. A person who clearly stated that they just started the server should be met more with more of an informed post as to explain to the situation versus met with almost a hostile intention.

Being in the position I am in to support a place like this it's almost contradictory to stay here now.

Do I realize you are an admin San0? Yes, did you know I could be an investor in your project? If so, why treat said potential investors (i.e. premium) with such a condescending tone? Especially as an admin you can clearly see that the account was just created today.

It's not that you did a server swap and I lost my progress. I don't care about that, what I care about is knowing why. Was there a notification for it other than on a forum where I can say that probably 80% of your future player base will never venture to?

It's not that hard to add a message that comes up every hour like it does with when you've played for an hour. Or a login in message stating that there will be a server transfer and the files used today (i.e. Yesterday) will be null and void because the copy is from an earlier date son!

If you can program/script the game to work, you can add in a line of script/code to say <start entrance text> Game files being moved to different server, anything past 1800 GMT 28/09/15 won't be available tomorrow </end entrance text> It's not that hard is it? For the sake of your future members and potential investors that will "donate" money to help this place keep going.

come on son - you do know that right?

• Like 1

Beta server players the real deal. Taking it serious since 1992.

​If it weren't for beta testers, including yourself, which you technically made fun of yourself by your commentary. Are a key factor to making sure this works. People who enjoy something usually take it seriously.

Beta is a pre-release test phase where things can change during the process. It's beta... BETA!! Your chars will be wiped in a few weeks with or without your demand for a reroll-back. 

​Don't care about the wipe, just was curious as to why all my account information was wiped as well. Didn't realize it would wipe the total account creation. 

Make sense?

• Like 1

its a test server? get over it?

​It's a new member?

It's not a test server, it's a beta server. Test server would be more restricted to who could join in a game design world as it would be limited to the scripters/programmers.

It's beta, to build a strong community there needs to be a community. 

You carry asinine commentary, nice to meet you.

To start with i dont see where u saw any hostility by my side, i asked if the person knew this was a beta server becus the way he spoke it sounded like he thought it was live server. and after i explained the situation  and why there was the roll back.

There was an announcement about the database being moved to a new machine. Im not gonna blame the players for not checking the forums but u cannot blame the admins by the fact u dont want /have the time/have the will to check the forums. Unfortunately we dont have gatekeepers on the real world, and as so things take time to move from one place to the other, that period of time was announced before the change occurred saying it would take about 24 hours. That is the "time missing" in game actions. 

• Like 3

Oh LOL. You guys found an amazing reason to cry about.

I got in here 2 days ago, also started new char yesterday and spent loooooot of time having fun with it, but surprise! I saw a forum announce and a message ig about movement at least the 1 u get when u r logging ig. So i was ready for smth like rollback to happen because its obvious that movements are not happening momentarily. If you didn't - its your and only your problem, so blaming admins or pope or whoever is just not smart. And especially asking to give back all what was "lost". Now i don't have a char/acc But i dont care, it was on me to do smth or not to cus stuff might happen. And if some1 consider this rollback as a reason to quit - gl, hf, nothing more to say.

And ye, when i was reading TS post, i was really sure he thinks he is playing not on beta but on live server. That made me smile ^_^

• Like 1

To start with i dont see where u saw any hostility by my side, i asked if the person knew this was a beta server becus the way he spoke it sounded like he thought it was live server. and after i explained the situation  and why there was the roll back.

There was an announcement about the database being moved to a new machine. Im not gonna blame the players for not checking the forums but u cannot blame the admins by the fact u dont want /have the time/have the will to check the forums. Unfortunately we dont have gatekeepers on the real world, and as so things take time to move from one place to the other, that period of time was announced before the change occurred saying it would take about 24 hours. That is the "time missing" in game actions. 

Honestly, ​

It doesn't really matter. Next time I'll send it in a private message to you San0. I was just trying to iterate how it could come off to someone who doesn't understand certain aspects to the forum/game.

Oh LOL. You guys found an amazing reason to cry about.

I got in here 2 days ago, also started new char yesterday and spent loooooot of time having fun with it, but surprise! I saw a forum announce and a message ig about movement at least the 1 u get when u r logging ig. So i was ready for smth like rollback to happen because its obvious that movements are not happening momentarily. If you didn't - its your and only your problem, so blaming admins or pope or whoever is just not smart. And especially asking to give back all what was "lost". Now i don't have a char/acc But i dont care, it was on me to do smth or not to cus stuff might happen. And if some1 consider this rollback as a reason to quit - gl, hf, nothing more to say.

And ye, when i was reading TS post, i was really sure he thinks he is playing not on beta but on live server. That made me smile ^_^

​Nothing to cry about, someone asked a question.

​Well, for me it looked like complains thru tears that every1 is bad around but u, potential investor ;)

They are working for you, and they are swapping for a better machine for you, me and others. And you are blaming them for smth they didnt, but they actually did. Mb not in a way u expected, but as for me, who is working with ppl every day, its impossible to chew and put info into all ppls mouths. Some still should turn their brain sometimes, im about today's wipe. (im saying it in general, not directly to any1 from this topic). 

And tho, not getting any more comments from TS, i still believe he was sure hes on live server. And it makes me a bit sad. Because for me, you, playing on beta, easier to loose wtv we got with or without warning then for him, thinking he is actually playing live. And i would ask admins to give him his lost items and lvls back :)

​Well, for me it looked like complains thru tears that every1 is bad around but u, potential investor ;)

They are working for you, and they are swapping for a better machine for you, me and others. And you are blaming them for smth they didnt, but they actually did. Mb not in a way u expected, but as for me, who is working with ppl every day, its impossible to chew and put info into all ppls mouths. Some still should turn their brain sometimes, im about today's wipe. (im saying it in general, not directly to any1 from this topic). 

And tho, not getting any more comments from TS, i still believe he was sure hes on live server. And it makes me a bit sad. Because for me, you, playing on beta, easier to loose wtv we got with or without warning then for him, thinking he is actually playing live. And i would ask admins to give him his lost items and lvls back :)

​Yes, I realize now it came off that way. I was trying to generalize and sometimes I forget how I come off as well. Then I write posts like this that make it look like im trying to cover myself.

Anyways, The sad thing is, is everything I mentioned I did see in-game, out of game, and I presented it in a fashion where it came off as I did not. Thank you for calling me on it as I truly was looking for the best interest of this server.

latest?cb=20130526210742

It's beta. It will be completely deleted in two weeks, then again the next week before going live. The rollback - while easily avoidable - is completely nonconsequential.

If the OP had enough time to complain about sh*t, he could've taken the ten seconds to stumble over one of the ~40 threads asking WHEN ARE WE GOING LIVE. This server has a history of not being the real deal, yet. Might have given him a clue. Also he's experienced enough, if he knows what rollback is.

• Like 2

anyway, the roll back on the BETA server (running now) happened becus we were moving the servers to a new machine, so to put it in a very simple way, the point where we copied the files from the old machine on last days, is the same point and the same files which were droped on new machine today, this means that the game basicly paused and everything u did on last day on the BETA, was not saved on the files which are now running on the new machine.

I think i made it kinda understandable if u still have any doubts about it feel free to pm on forum or skype and ill explain you better.

​Hello San0,

What Nevax and myself are trying to point out is that the players that are coming to see the server, should benefit from a POSITIVE experience, not a negative one... a lot of people left the server due to the roll-back, and a lot of new player were discouraged. The main idea is that as long as it is an open beta, there should be an active GM online most of the time, to be able to support new-commers and also support the veterans by offering them the full experience of what the server is going to be when it is launched. I am more than sure that is not hard to do...

Best Regards Defiance :)

​Hello San0,

What Nevax and myself are trying to point out is that the players that are coming to see the server, should benefit from a POSITIVE experience, not a negative one... a lot of people left the server due to the roll-back, and a lot of new player were discouraged. The main idea is that as long as it is an open beta, there should be an active GM online most of the time, to be able to support new-commers and also support the veterans by offering them the full experience of what the server is going to be when it is launched. I am more than sure that is not hard to do...

​people that dont have time to read annuncements and the forums are not going to stay here in the server when live, why?

Beta server is running with x50 rates x100 adena, or maybe more, live server x3, if they leave for 1 day roll back at beta ... be sure they wont stay playing at a 16-33 times harder server than the actual.

​Hello San0,

​people that dont have time to read annuncements and the forums are not going to stay here in the server when live, why?

Beta server is running with x50 rates x100 adena, or maybe more, live server x3, if they leave for 1 day roll back at beta ... be sure they wont stay playing at a 16-33 times harder server than the actual.

​Son... me and my friends have been playing this game since the 2002 EN Open Beta. Just to be clear...we are not leaving the server, we just want to help... but all you guys ever do is get offended by some feedback, instead of opening your ears. That is not the way to make a big and prosperous community.

​Son... me and my friends have been playing this game since the 2002 EN Open Beta. Just to be clear...we are not leaving the server, we just want to help... but all you guys ever do is get offended by some feedback, instead of opening your ears. That is not the way to make a big and prosperous community.

​Offended? :)

As far as i see San0 came here and explained very clearly what happened and why. And pointed out that everyone was warned (in case someone didn't see).

So tecnically there is no reason for you to complain and for us to be offended or whatever you managed to see in his post. If you want to get back stuff which were lost while movement, pm me, we will talk about it.

• Like 1

I don't really see, what this arguement is about. The mods have been polite, they explained what happened and why - despite the fact that people should already know, because it was announced all over the forum and (allegedly) ingame as well.

They didn't actually say it, but I will. GET OVER IT. Demanding, or even suggesting, that you should receive some kind of compensation for a rollback, that has been announced days in advance, on a beta server that will be wiped in few days, is just ridiculous. Moreover, even if the server was live, I have never heard of this kind of demand being fulfilled on any serous server. a) It would give you an unfair advantage over players that do not get their stuff back. b) There is no way to tell if you did really play at that time and gained anything, aside from your good word. I might as well claim that I farmed $1000 worth of equip that I had a buyer for and demand that this loss of profit be compensated to me... Who's to tell i'm lying and you are not? Just nonsense...

I mean no offense, but if you guys play Lineage as long as you claim, then you should be old enough to understand the entire server doesn't revolve around you, you should know, that it's just a game, and you should know to do your homework and read the official information, before you start making demands...

Hello,

OK so I wanted to point out, that what san0 explained is not enough.

My clan is fully empty, all my friends left, all my clan left.

You guys do not understand the severity of what just happened!

Yeah I know that they are not real players, that they don't understand what beta means... but what is more fun to play a server with 10 real players or with 1000 players of whatever type?!
Please guys, PM them, Open a topic, do something to bring them back, over 80% of the players left.

Open a topic and help them, give them what they lost, its beta, you can please them! Please them now as long as you can... A pleased customer is a satisfied customer, and he will bring his friends, he will advertise, and eventually he will buy premium account.

I have been playing this game for a very long time. Now that I have family, I can't make a server or do stuff like the old times, but I have been through this! Trust me! I just want to help you guys get back at least half of the 80% people that left.

So Open a topic, and put it on the main site, with apology + item redeem + a bit of fun until the beta ends. Win them back!
We need those less intelligent people back. I won't stay and play on this server with Sett and 10 others and that's it! I prefer Sett and the 10 other guys that are veterans + the 1000 noobs that will make the game fun for me and also for the other veterans.

You guys are either ignorant by missing my point, either not grown-up enough to debilitate it!

Regards Defiance!

• Like 1

​the server rates are 3x now, check the official database and compare it to this one.

I don't really see, what this arguement is about. The mods have been polite, they explained what happened and why - despite the fact that people should already know, because it was announced all over the forum and (allegedly) ingame as well.

They didn't actually say it, but I will. GET OVER IT. Demanding, or even suggesting, that you should receive some kind of compensation for a rollback, that has been announced days in advance, on a beta server that will be wiped in few days, is just ridiculous. Moreover, even if the server was live, I have never heard of this kind of demand being fulfilled on any serous server. a) It would give you an unfair advantage over players that do not get their stuff back. b) There is no way to tell if you did really play at that time and gained anything, aside from your good word. I might as well claim that I farmed $1000 worth of equip that I had a buyer for and demand that this loss of profit be compensated to me... Who's to tell i'm lying and you are not? Just nonsense...

I mean no offense, but if you guys play Lineage as long as you claim, then you should be old enough to understand the entire server doesn't revolve around you, you should know, that it's just a game, and you should know to do your homework and read the official information, before you start making demands...

​Hello Sett,

I understand what you are trying to impose, but could you stop trying to be a smart-ass for at least a few minutes and try to take in the fact that a server with happy people, is a server with a lot of people?

YES I KNOW that compensations shouldn't be made, but THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT.

I don't want compensations, I want players back! If I wanted to play alone, I would have made my own server at home and connect to it(this is totally do-able), BUT NO I want to play with others, because its an MMORPG, How will I be able to play a MMO without players?

WELL ANYWAY, I made my point, if you or anyone else is too ignorant to try to understand what I am trying to say and imply... then my time has been spent on nothing.

Best Regards Defiance ;)

​the server rates are 3x now, check the official database and compare it to this one.

​I just created a another char, and i'm 100% sure we have same rate as before x50 XP x100 ADENA x25 DROP, that why Cassiopeia is right when he said that.

You get 200 adena per Keltir and you think we have x3 rate, then you gonna cry when real Classic will come.

And about Rollback, with these rate, it's too easy to get back everything you lose.

• Like 1