Sign in to follow this  
nalissa

New Loop Macro Regulation Questions

@Kse @Koll @San0

Discussion is turned off on that thread, but I have a couple questions.

It looks nice and all, but how will you enforce it?
Imagine the influx of reports after launch, I don't imagine you have a lot of people to do these manual checks for macros...

If it bottlenecks on number of people available to do manual checks, I don't see how it will change much... Maybe for the most obvious offenders it does since everyone will be reporting those 3 parties of china in TOI first, but for everyone else it kind of looks like business as usual.

everything will work same way as with bot programs, difference is on macros we actually have the chance to see if the macros exist.

ofc it comes down to manual checks, if we would have a way to check it automatically we would use it to disable the macros. They are not staying on as a choice but just simply cuz we didnt yet found a way to disable them.

all that people needs to know is to be informed its not allowed, how it will be enforced is already our business, post is just to let people be warned about it so they cant have excuses later.

Fair enough, but what about cases where they won't have macros listed but still "act" like they do?

I'm pretty sure you did multiple checks on many parties and results "were not conclusive" due to existance of loop macro, what then?

Not having the macros made while still "looking like you do" is enough to conclude someone is using 3rd party shit?

If it is, great. If it is not, then the problem kind of persists, you see?

Edited by nalissa

no i dont see any problm on it,  you said it yourself "I'm pretty sure you did multiple checks on many parties and results "were not conclusive" due to existance of loop macro," so now this cases wont happen cuz either bot or macro looping will both be punished same way.

its quite simple. if it smells like duck, looks like duck and sounds like duck then its duck.

meaning before could be confusions if its bot or macro now doesnt matter if its bot or macro cuz both are punishable. 

4 minutes ago, nalissa said:

Fair enough, but what about cases where they won't have macros listed but still "act" like they do?

I'm pretty sure you did multiple checks on many parties and results "were not conclusive" due to existance of loop macro, what then?

Not having the macros made while still "looking like you do" is enough to conclude someone is using 3rd party shit?

If it is, great. If it is not, then the problem kind of persists, you see?

dude, dont worry, right now the problem is not that they cannot see if someone is using bot, but there is possibility that the guy is using "loop macro" for the automated process

the moment they check char, he wont have such macro, then its obvious he is using 3rd part soft and will get banned straight away

only problem is how to make sure that your normal macro does not look like "loop macro" and you will get banned because they thought you were actually looping, while in reality it was just normal macro (lets say for example dance macro which you will alt tab every 6 mins and click once, and it will make 3 rounds of D/S eventho its not looped)

1 minute ago, MoDoy said:

dude, dont worry, right now the problem is not that they cannot see if someone is using bot, but there is possibility that the guy is using "loop macro" for the automated process

the moment they check char, he wont have such macro, then its obvious he is using 3rd part soft and will get banned straight away

only problem is how to make sure that your normal macro does not look like "loop macro" and you will get banned because they thought you were actually looping, while in reality it was just normal macro (lets say for example dance macro which you will alt tab every 6 mins and click once, and it will make 3 rounds of D/S eventho its not looped)

inputs is one way.

Just now, San0 said:

inputs is one way.

and whats other way? :D can you actually see if the loop action is on? if so, then it should be easy to ban people even now

3 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

and whats other way? :D can you actually see if the loop action is on? if so, then it should be easy to ban people even now

The thing is that you can set up a bot to work with legit commands. I remember people on retail used to set up their bots to use the /pickup command, instead of the bot pick up functions because admins started dropping items that could only picked up by bots, in order to identify them, at some point. 

Edited by Fortuna

So let me get this straight out of the horse's mouth, I will give you 3 situations and you tell me if it's a bannable offense or not.

A) A CP is farming lair of antharas, their BD (let's name him periodeater69) decides to go take a piss, and thus he leaves afk macro on for 2 sets of dances, is this considered bannable?

B) Little Billy is fishing in giran harbor and puts a WTB macro on loop with 5 minute delay, is this considered bannable?

C) Catfucker420 is summoning beast soulshots in giran with a looped macro, bannable or not?

EDIT: Added an extra one

Edited by SemenArsonist

20 minutes ago, SemenArsonist said:

So let me get this straight out of the horse's mouth, I will give you 3 situations and you tell me if it's a bannable offense or not.

A) A CP is farming lair of antharas, their BD (let's name him periodeater69) decides to go take a piss, and thus he leaves afk macro on for 2 sets of dances, is this considered bannable?

B) Little Billy is fishing in giran harbor and puts a WTB macro on loop with 5 minute delay, is this considered bannable?

C) Catfucker420 is summoning beast soulshots in giran with a looped macro, bannable or not?

EDIT: Added an extra one

B and C they are not farming so it does not apply.

Little periodeater69 doesnt need a loop macro to go take a piss and make 2 sets of dances.

Just now, San0 said:

B and C they are not farming so it does not apply.

Little periodeater69 doesnt need a loop macro to go take a piss and make 2 sets of dances.

he has to wash his hands dude, what the fuck, that's common sense. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

make songs 30 secs reuse and lower mana cost to 25% and make dances 20 mins so i cna watch videos without loop macro! DEATH TO SWSs

5 minutes ago, iAxZp said:

make songs 30 secs reuse and lower mana cost to 25% and make dances 20 mins so i cna watch videos without loop macro! DEATH TO SWSs

let's just remove all elves from the game, they fucking suck either way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SemenArsonist said:

let's just remove all elves from the game, they fucking suck either way

**** off man, once you filthy orcs figure out what is bath, you can talk to us, the divine beings

If I make a simple macro on exp as target / assist / skill / atack and release it on every mob especially this will be legal? When start macro left button mouse?

Thanks

@Kse @Koll @San0

Edited by Dejvi99

55 minutes ago, Dejvi99 said:

If I make a simple macro on exp as target / assist / skill / atack and release it on every mob especially this will be legal? When start macro left button mouse?

Thanks

@Kse @Koll @San0

I figure you cant read so ill answer the question for you.
Yes.

2 hours ago, Dejvi99 said:

Thanks

@Kse @Koll @San0

Hello. Macro won't execute with same delay ( cause first time you pushed it few seconds later or earlier then last time ), so it will be easy to see if you using cycling macro or not. So you can use it.

IT"S UNFAIR advantage you gve for summoners and giran sellers. if you won't letting farm using macros so what's point of keeping them? to let summoners create more SS? and sell more shit in GH? do it straightly :remove it or let it use it like it was supposed .

1 hour ago, telikas said:

IT"S UNFAIR advantage you gve for summoners and giran sellers. if you won't letting farm using macros so what's point of keeping them? to let summoners create more SS? and sell more shit in GH? do it straightly :remove it or let it use it like it was supposed .

thought luck son.

if  you actually had read it you will see the part where we still working to turn them off so eventually they will be turned off until then rules are as they are and being happy or not its how they will be.