Sign in to follow this  
Donkihot

Dilemma. Dagger class or Tyrant?

Hello, I'm noob. LF for some pro ppl advice. Watched a lot of videos on youtube, read forums etc. Can't decide.

Tyrant:

1) Fast movement
2) A lot of HP + CP
3) Can perma stun
4) Has AOE
5) Can shoot balls on range
6) aMEIzing at farming mobs.

Dagger class:
1)????
2)????
3)???

Question: is there anything dagger is better than tyrant? Like... basically, tyrant is better at everything compared to dagger class. Am I wrong ? What is the point picking up the dagger class besides hero ?

Thanks for replies,
Good luck tomorrow everyone !
p.s. get stacked with snacks and pay for internet.

Edited by Donkihot

19 minutes ago, Donkihot said:

Question: is there anything dagger is better than tyrant? Like... basically, tyrant is better at everything compared to dagger class. Am I wrong ? What is the point picking up the dagger class besides hero ?

there is not, very simple

• Sad 1

Years and years playing L2 and dagger is a class I still need to get to know it better. I hope someone come with serious replies.

From my little knowlegde, I think daggers had their prime time in Interlude and maybe in Gracia/High Five. They basically relied on high dex and crits.

Treasure Hunter is probably the only one that worth playing due to Dash (very helpful), three skills that cancel target and balanced stats. Boy, if you have a decent mouse, fast hand movement and know how to use those cancelling target skills, you're excellent at 1x1.

I think Elven daggers have higher skill landing rate when they reach 3rd job. Hope I helped you somehow. At the end of the day, it's your choice that counts and I think you've already decided it.

39 minutes ago, Torres said:

Years and years playing L2 and dagger is a class I still need to get to know it better. I hope someone come with serious replies.

From my little knowlegde, I think daggers had their prime time in Interlude and maybe in Gracia/High Five. They basically relied on high dex and crits.

Treasure Hunter is probably the only one that worth playing due to Dash (very helpful), three skills that cancel target and balanced stats. Boy, if you have a decent mouse, fast hand movement and know how to use those cancelling target skills, you're excellent at 1x1.

I think Elven daggers have higher skill landing rate when they reach 3rd job. Hope I helped you somehow. At the end of the day, it's your choice that counts and I think you've already decided it.

mine answer was serious, its no point to play dagger unless you are hero, maybe if you have top equipment on server, you might do something on next update (which comes tomorrow, so no bid deal), but without top equipment you will still be useless as ****

i had almost top equip on my dagger (missed only baium 3 pretty much) and i was hero and there were more times where i felt useless rather than useful on classic chronicle

If u dont know anything about dagger, dont even start. It is a class that requires high focus when pvp, godly reaction, fast thinking inside a battle and many-many more, any little fail will couse ur instant death. Ofc as Modoy said, u will need AT LEAST top equip to be more than just a wasted slot. But if you love challanges and feel like u will make it, go on! 

On the other hand, tyrant requires decent items, if u dont know how to play him, or u never seen la2 before, u wont have any problems understanding the mechanics and how to play him, also he is great in any kind of pt or activities (rb, aoe, solofarm).

Up to you, but the main advice - play what u like more

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Reddish said:

If u dont know anything about dagger, dont even start. It is a class that requires high focus when pvp, godly reaction, fast thinking inside a battle and many-many more, any little fail will couse ur instant death. Ofc as Modoy said, u will need AT LEAST top equip to be more than just a wasted slot. But if you love challanges and feel like u will make it, go on! 

On the other hand, tyrant requires decent items, if u dont know how to play him, or u never seen la2 before, u wont have any problems understanding the mechanics and how to play him, also he is great in any kind of pt or activities (rb, aoe, solofarm).

Up to you, but the main advice - play what u like more

sure play what he likes more, the problem is there is no way he will like dagger. Unless he has previous bond with dagger class and plays it from nostalgy, there is no way he will play it. not to say without items even if he has bond with it, he wont enjoy it a bit

13 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

sure play what he likes more, the problem is there is no way he will like dagger. Unless he has previous bond with dagger class and plays it from nostalgy, there is no way he will play it. not to say without items even if he has bond with it, he wont enjoy it a bit

And that is way I said next thing 1st:

37 minutes ago, Reddish said:

If u dont know anything about dagger, dont even start.

Yet, you were right about the roots, nostalgy is only excuse to go dive in this cancer class and suffer every freaking pvp vs decent ppl.

14 hours ago, Donkihot said:

Why am I saying this, I play TH (mostly cuz i love this class and started my la2 career with it many-many years ago), but our CP gets asses kicked sometimes and they are silent and aren't telling me, but I do understand, the weakest member is dagger - he almost is as useless as ..I truly cant even tell which class is more useless than dagger:)

Also I saw many ppl started playing daggers, got their 3rd class and understood they wasted time, cuz it's aint getting any better.
And not a single tyrant who disliked playing his class:)

Edited by Reddish
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dedinha said:

I think daggers ( PVP ) kill faster but dies faster too. While tyrrs have better defence and kill slower ?

no.

21 minutes ago, Dedinha said:

I think daggers ( PVP ) kill faster but dies faster too. While tyrrs have better defence and kill slower ?

Punch of doom: Am i joke to you?

Rly there isnt any comparison between tyrants and daggers right now.

Tyrants are the kings of melee classes , good in EVERYTHING. From daggers only AW is kinda ok , and you still die way too fast on any pvp to be real threat.

@Reddish sorry bro but especially TH , i dont rly get why you play this char. I would go into depression after every pvp with this landing rate.

1 hour ago, Reddish said:

And that is way I said next thing 1st:

Yet, you were right about the roots, nostalgy is only excuse to go dive in this cancer class and suffer every freaking pvp vs decent ppl.

Why am I saying this, I play TH (mostly cuz i love this class and started my la2 career with it many-many years ago), but our CP gets asses kicked sometimes and they are silent and aren't telling me, but I do understand, the weakest member is dagger - he almost is as useless as ..I truly cant even tell which class is more useless than dagger:)

Also I saw many ppl started playing daggers, got their 3rd class and understood they wasted time, cuz it's aint getting any better.
And not a single tyrant who disliked playing his class:)

Consider rerol to hero PR ?

13 minutes ago, Yomana said:

Rly there isnt any comparison between tyrants and daggers right now.

Tyrants are the kings of melee classes , good in EVERYTHING. From daggers only AW is kinda ok , and you still die way too fast on any pvp to be real threat.

@Reddish sorry bro but especially TH , i dont rly get why you play this char. I would go into depression after every pvp with this landing rate.

Being in love with BDSM, no actual logic in this tbh

16 hours ago, Donkihot said:

Hello, I'm noob. LF for some pro ppl advice. Watched a lot of videos on youtube, read forums etc. Can't decide.

Tyrant:

1) Fast movement
2) A lot of HP + CP
3) Can perma stun
4) Has AOE

Dagger class:
1)????
2)????
3)???

Thanks for replies,

what is better on dagger over tyrant - In perfect scenario where no1 agro/cc you and you play aw/pw or you play on zaken update with landrate rune ull do much more dmg with skills than tyrant - but for that you need counter critical buff and be stacked with ++ items and epix. In typical scenario u make 5 stabs on some healer, miss 3 skills get stun/grandeur on ur face, then ur get sk para or horror and u die like meatshield?

why showing stacked dagger pov, newcomes who are comming now would reach such equip we have on daggers maybe in 2 years, show them how "real" dagger scenario looks like

how it looks when normal player with normal equip plays dagger

18 hours ago, Donkihot said:

Tyrant:

1) Fast movement
2) A lot of HP + CP
3) Can perma stun
4) Has AOE

Dagger class:
1)????
2)????
3)???

Thanks for replies,

What do you want? Stealth and the ability to kill with one blow or be fat, catch up with almost anyone and kick?
If you want to play as a dagger, you need a normal Internet connection (lagged -  dead. it’s the same as playing for a healer). Then select the appropriate class. I think AB is better than TH. Whoever you like.

Edited by Duvs

52 minutes ago, Duvs said:

What do you want? Stealth and the ability to kill with one blow or be fat, catch up with almost anyone and kick?
If you want to play as a dagger, you need a normal Internet connection (lagged -  dead. it’s the same as playing for a healer). Then select the appropriate class. I think AB is better than TH. Whoever you like.

This is 2019, I doubt someone has bad internet connection...

p.s. Why you're so angry?  I just don't want to waste 1000 hours leveling dagger and then find out that it is completely trash. and I have to re roll ) 

8 minutes ago, Donkihot said:

This is 2019, I doubt someone has bad internet connection...

p.s. Why you're so angry?  I just don't want to waste 1000 hours leveling dagger and then find out that it is completely trash. and I have to re roll ) 

Some people have bad internet in 2019. I know someone.

i'm not angry ?

Ok.. Better take Tyrant ( fast exping + good DD class).

2 hours ago, Duvs said:

Ok.. Better take Tyrant ( fast exping + good DD class).

Just don't watch a DVP / GUSTAVS / KAGANPWNZ old school videos before u choose ?

Play what you like, but this is not some High Five where all chars are good at something, so don't count on "there must be something they didn't tell me about dagger". Some chars simply pulled a short straw for L2 Classic, e.g. there is a Chain Heal but only bishop has it, so EE/SE are virtually irrelevant for healing here. NCsoft just doesn't care here, and tyrant is better in virtually every way.