Lunareaia

Temple Knight & Shield Bash

Would you like Shield Bash added to TK as a custom feature?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Shield Bash added to TK as a custom feature?

• Yes
    • No

So,as we all know,pretty much everyone shits on temple knights in general,because they lack any hard CC besides root (yay we have arrest now!),though,the three other tanks have stuns (DA/pal) or para (SK),so my proposal is,to add Shield Bash to TK as a custom feature,pretty much similar way we had buff summons,instead of waiting 2-3 years from now when Antharas patch hits.

Show some love for the elf tanks :(

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lunareaia said:

So,as we all know,pretty much everyone shits on temple knights in general,because they lack any hard CC besides root (yay we have arrest now!),though,the three other tanks have stuns (DA/pal) or para (SK),so my proposal is,to add Shield Bash to TK as a custom feature,pretty much similar way we had buff summons,instead of waiting 2-3 years from now when Antharas patch hits.

Show some love for the elf tanks :(

before i vote, lets see, maybe you can change my mind - is shield bash really going to change anything on TK? are more people going to play it, add it to parties or consider it stronger or at least on par with any other tank? because until now, the "custom" changes were made to make classes actually viable, summoners were totally imba at start until they kinda nerfed them, but still decent, i witnessed parties which invited tanks solely of purpose of combat aura, OLs were getting invited to parties coz they could buff party members and not only clan members. Will shield bash really change view on TK in peoples eyes? because if not, i dont know if i want admins to change gears and start to work on something like this instead of some bug fixes / working on some event / working on next update changes already.

If the thing you asked for was Shield charge, that would make a change in my eyes, but that would be kinda problematic as its skill for both TK and paladin getting that skill on this update would be kinda imba

8 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

before i vote, lets see, maybe you can change my mind - is shield bash really going to change anything on TK? are more people going to play it, add it to parties or consider it stronger or at least on par with any other tank? because until now, the "custom" changes were made to make classes actually viable, summoners were totally imba at start until they kinda nerfed them, but still decent, i witnessed parties which invited tanks solely of purpose of combat aura, OLs were getting invited to parties coz they could buff party members and not only clan members. Will shield bash really change view on TK in peoples eyes? because if not, i dont know if i want admins to change gears and start to work on something like this instead of some bug fixes / working on some event / working on next update changes already.

If the thing you asked for was Shield charge, that would make a change in my eyes, but that would be kinda problematic as its skill for both TK and paladin getting that skill on this update would be kinda imba

This is modoyish for: No.

8 hours ago, Humble said:

This is modoyish for: No.

why would it mean no? its actually not even custom feature, just feature from future update which we will get eventually (i suppose), if that makes unplayable class viable, then why not put little effort in it

if shield bash for tk, then no "available when HP is 30% or lower" for angelic icon of paladin. What does these two have in common? both are features from future classic updates, and both classes are currently trash, tk compared to sk, and pala compared to da

Edited by Cyane

just change class to tyrant! Can tank better anyways!

Edited by Anytime
  • Haha 1

If we will look at the game, mostly all classes being played, except TK,Paladin, Sorc mages(haven't seen them for a while).
So why don't we boost them a little so ppl who enjoy their fantasy can play.

edit:: will other people lose anything if TK will get a stun? DA or SK will cry about that? no. nobody loses anything.

Edited by Donkihot

cough cough!!!

it is not true everyone shits on TK. except from summoners and DA/SK you SHIT on anyone else and almost same goes for paladin just slightly more tricky because of not so much passive survival, just embrace your role and stop playing them as if they were SK/DA.

edit a good wc is also hard.

Edited by Valeera
  • Thanks 1

Yea why not , give some love to lol elfs with curent game status it won't change nothing in end game bcz it won't land most of the times, the skill doesn't have dmg so it won't be possible to be abused on non flag people but it will give them a chance in oly vs some clases and it will make TK lovers think they can actually be useful. 

to be fair, i think it would be interesting idea this kind of stuff for admins to consider ( @San0 , @Koll), i think you already know the next updates are getting weirder and weirder and you implied yourself that eventually we will stop following patch notes as they are

also i think you got your lesson about "BIG" updates and rather will follow the path of small patches more frequently (lets say every 3 months adding some stuff to game?)

why not add something like this in those patches, giving some balancing stuff for underdog classes which would be implemented in later chronicles now, that they might be a little more available? (for example PR is only way to go right now, so why not in next small patch give the boost from 7signs/secret of empire to HE and SR with being able to move on snipe and increasing range when you use rapid fire for SR), i think that could be neat idea how to keep game fresh as there is chance we might encounter different kind of classes more often and it wouldnt have much of this "custom" feeling because that kind of stuff is actually on official

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Nagyn said:

Well, TK  / PAL are probably the less played char.
Some little boost to let them be more considerd would be nice.

i can imagine pala being playavle right now the moment he reaches 80 lvl, he is actually going to be number one tank at current patch, TK is not going that much up with reach of 80 lvl tho

3 hours ago, MoDoy said:

why would it mean no? its actually not even custom feature, just feature from future update which we will get eventually (i suppose), if that makes unplayable class viable, then why not put little effort in it

Modoytranslator says this means: Maybe.

as MoDoy said, we are private server and following new patches is so wrong, look at NCsoft how hard they ruined l2 classic lol... We just can take few things from there and there, boost and balance some classes.It will be fun for people who are playing as Pala/sk(other classes) and it will be fun for other people fight against new classes :)

Lets face it, we all tired of Necro's, DA's, running around, we want to see water spells, *pew pew*  fire spells *pew pew* in mass pvp, we want to see paladin YOLOing in mass pvp, we want hawk running around etc. You got it. Atm it is game of orc and humans.

• Like 1

Totally agree with Modoy about snipe and rapid fire, is not a massive boost to make them op but it should be enough to balance a bit HE and SR to PR, also agree about pala, at 80 he will become very useful  to have so he doesn't need any boost .

I don't agree with shield charge because it will get abused and higher lvl will use it to stun full pt in abg 

I  just checked and the  new classic shield bash has power so it does dmg too so unless you can set it to not be possible to be used against not flag ppl then  you can add the old version without dmg only 2 sec stun and target cancel ( you could set target cancel  to have a fixed chance like 50/60%  and  not be affected by epics, purification song etc. this will make it useful in mass pvp without being OP but it will actually give to TK something to do except agro.

Any other classes I can think could get a minor boost can be  to give body to mind to sorc and sps, this won't change much at end game, all top ones have orfens, 2/3 rechargers , powa, cov for farm and in mass pvp if any sorc/sps  survive till he's out of mp he is worthy to have btm, so like I said won't change much in end game but it should make them more attractive  to play them because of less hardcore farm compared to cdl necro or sh 

@San0 , @Koll

2 hours ago, Werew said:

you can add the old version without dmg only 2 sec stun and target cancel ( you could set target cancel  to have a fixed chance like 50/60%  and  not be affected by epics, purification song etc. this will make it useful in mass pvp without being OP but it will actually give to TK something to do except agro.

In my opinion this could be the perfect compromise to make this class a little bit more appealing without imbalancing the macroclass comparison and I will tell you why.

According to what we know about tanks we should consider some main aspects other than Aggression, Ultimate Defense and Chain strike. Let's see how Eva's Templar compare with other 3 tanks
1 attack/debuff skills
2 aid/buff skills
3 Ultimate/Endgame skills
Let's analyze only skills they don't share with other tanks or they partially share:

1 Tribunal, Entangle, Arrest

Tribunal is probably the only way TK can actually deal some damage while giving a rather fair debuff, useful against high dps melee enemies. This skill is the parallel version of PK's Judgment which at the same damage output, is useful against the same kind of enemy. DA/PAL have instead Shield strike which gives no debuff but has an higher overall damage output and faster casting (1,58 seconds against 1,8 same cooldown) 

Entangle is in my opinion a pretty good debuff against any kind of enemy. Same effect of DA's Hamstring just a bit slower casting but same cooldown. Useful sometimes in PVE too if you consider how fast TK is. This will give TK the best kiting result with the least effort.

Arrest is shared only with BD and SWS. This single target hold is actually pretty good when chasing an enemy since TK may have the best overall speed. Still a good skill to make a save when things go down fast. PAL has Mass Shackling which gives the same effect but AOE instead of single target (having a very slow cooldown)

2 Guard stance, Cubics, Aegis

Guard stance is the skill you don't want to underestimate when it comes tanking. This should always be on as it pretty much compare with DA/PAL Majesty. Its effect combined with Shield Mastery passive + Shield Fortress and Aegis + shield buffs we all know from supports, can make TK the best shield user of all tanks.

Cubics provide good stability as they cast aggro, hold, heal and sometimes a bit of damage. Overall defensive compared with PK's cubics, empowering the defensive status of TK.

Aegis (read guard stance)

3 Touch of Life, Eva's Protection

Touch of Life is one of the ultimate defensive skills which can give a great help in pvp to protect a DD or your healer. It can be used as an emergency heal. It doesn't compare well if you consider the damage of Touch of Death. PAL may benefit a bit more from this skill when you think about its other abilities.

Eva's Protection will give a great boost to pdef, mdef and speed of the entire party. Compared with Shield of sacrifice, it gives less defence but has no cost in terms of HP. The speed boost is actually pretty awesome imo.

Now if look at what Temple Knight is missing, we will see that he doesn't have major debuffs like Fear/Paralyze, major weakening skills like PK dot ones or major aid skills like Sacrifice.
Giving Temple Knight a stun that doesn't deal damage but cancels enemy target, may actually bring him a little bit up in the comparison chart while also diversifying him from the classic Shield Stun user.

TL;DR Temple knight may reveal to be the best kiter and shield user while also being the fastest tank. Giving it the old version of Shield Bash will make it more viable and enjoyable without breaking the game. 

• Like 3

@Bandaalk boi, your writing skill is superb, after reading your post, one would be really convinced to play TK even at current state.

can you write me same conclusion for PW so i have motivation why i still play this class? :D

7 hours ago, Valeera said:

cough cough!!!

it is not true everyone shits on TK. except from summoners and DA/SK you SHIT on anyone else and almost same goes for paladin just slightly more tricky because of not so much passive survival, just embrace your role and stop playing them as if they were SK/DA.

edit a good wc is also hard.

yes I really believe that a TK can shit on my necro or any other necro with epics per se.

9 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

@Bandaalk boi, your writing skill is superb, after reading your post, one would be really convinced to play TK even at current state.

can you write me same conclusion for PW so i have motivation why i still play this class? :D

Thank you very much, I prefered to give some explanations in a field I think I may have a bit of experience. 

Unfortunately I don't know dagger classes. Never played dagger and now with Zaken patch I still have to catch up to see how better they got. You could actually sum it up in a dedicated post for me but reading what you wrote you don't feel like it's gonna be long lasting :D 

4 hours ago, Werew said:

Totally agree with Modoy about snipe and rapid fire, is not a massive boost to make them op but it should be enough to balance a bit HE and SR to PR, also agree about pala, at 80 he will become very useful  to have so he doesn't need any boost .

I don't agree with shield charge because it will get abused and higher lvl will use it to stun full pt in abg 

I  just checked and the  new classic shield bash has power so it does dmg too so unless you can set it to not be possible to be used against not flag ppl then  you can add the old version without dmg only 2 sec stun and target cancel ( you could set target cancel  to have a fixed chance like 50/60%  and  not be affected by epics, purification song etc. this will make it useful in mass pvp without being OP but it will actually give to TK something to do except agro.

Any other classes I can think could get a minor boost can be  to give body to mind to sorc and sps, this won't change much at end game, all top ones have orfens, 2/3 rechargers , powa, cov for farm and in mass pvp if any sorc/sps  survive till he's out of mp he is worthy to have btm, so like I said won't change much in end game but it should make them more attractive  to play them because of less hardcore farm compared to cdl necro or sh 

@San0 , @Koll

sorcerors have BtM, although it's low level. Still serves its purpose

7 hours ago, Valeera said:

...just embrace your role and stop playing them as if they were SK/DA.

This may actually be the ultimate truth. An STR/DEX/WIT build will give no noticeable difference. 

I didn't cover the playstyle in my post since as a defensive tank, its role, position and behaviour may differ a lot when it comes pvp and mass pvp. But I guess eventually if you play it as it was meant to be played, it will still be able to give some satisfaction