Sign in to follow this  
SemenArsonist

Public Premium Account status

So here's a little thought of mine, I don't think I even need to mention this but there are people who are using illegal software to bypass client limits and log way more accounts than they should be able to without having to pay for COLs. Νow a guy logging a prophet box illegally so he can go exp isn't that bad for the server but there are other possibilities that can(or have already) influence(d) server balance. Let's say that mr. X here logs 50 orfen/core tyrants or even AQ warlocks and puts them on full macro to keep hitting the boss. Is there any way we can know that those boxes are logged in a legal manner? Keep in mind that it's not only bots that allow you to pull of this shit, but free software as well that have nothing to do with lineage.

So what's a way to (partially) combat this? Public premium account status.

How can it work? Maybe like a command or something that tells you if the char is premium.

Will it help a lot? No, for sure not. It's for only ridiculous cases (for example the person logging 12 level 55 characters on each village and registering them on the same olympiad wave, or for example 20 different fishing chars with similar name patterns fishing on giran)

Adventurer title is not enough, we need something that can't be falsified. Everyone can just join a clan with his box and put title Adventurer over him. Not to mention that Adventurer title can just be removed even when you have PA.

Now this isn't a thread to point fingers or QQ, this is an actual suggestion about a feature. I don't know if it would take a lot of coding to implement something like that but it would be good for the server. I don't think there are any negative points about this but you can always suggest them and I'll take them into consideration. Also it's not something that is definitive proof but admins could take reports like these into account and make their own tests on the characters and punish them if they are indeed violating the rules. Let me know what you think.

• Like 8

well, its good idea and if colored title wasnt reward for special service to server (yes, member of CP consisting of randoms with colored titles), it could be decent thing how to see if people have PA or not (tho no title at that point could be a problem)

however, even if you put something to differentiate people with PA, you know what they can say, right? its not 1 guy boxing 12 tyrants, its 3 people with 2 PCs + 2 laptops each, logging 4 chars legit way (illegal soft makes you different IDs for the extra client you log)

2 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

however, even if you put something to differentiate people with PA, you know what they can say, right? its not 1 guy boxing 12 tyrants, its 3 people with 2 PCs + 2 laptops each, logging 4 chars legit way (illegal soft makes you different IDs for the extra client you log)

Sure, it's not solid evidence, it will just filter out the very obvious violators on some cases.

Totally agree with all told above, right now we are having some new players who are so confident in launching shittons of boxes from 4 PCs or smth like that, I hope i'm wrong and just beieng paranoid about it, and they are rly skillful box drivers, not illegal sowftware users, but atm there is NO way we can possibly check it. So visual defferentation PA/no PA would be rly useful for all of us.

Pls dont let this topic perish, it's actually rly important to do smth about it now.

Edited by Reddish