Sign in to follow this  
MoDoy

Maybe open test server before huge changes?

well, with connection with zaken raid being available for kill for people, what about you open test server once again with gm commands so people actually can test if it works correctly? dont want to be rude, but i dont really trust you on this one and it should be big finalle of this update, if you screw this up, someone might end up farming zaken for free or zaken wont be farmed at all or pretty much any scenario can happen, considering in what state zaken was when update was announced

sooo, any word about test server being available like on Zaken beta @San0 @Koll @Kse?

https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/22216-zaken-update-going-live-07102019-at-1100-cest/?do=findComment&comment=160489

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think having test server is very helpful and will be nice to have it again. About Zaken I'm sure they will fix it if there is any problem and for sure they have been working and fixing his behaivour all this time.

Edited by Budesca

Agree on that idea, guess even going with multiple sides testing at the same time would be good to test not only farming, but farm interfering part.

Edited by Reddish

1 hour ago, Budesca said:

I think having test server is very helpful and will be nice to have it again. About Zaken I'm sure they will fix it if there is any problem and for sure they have been working and fixing his behaivour all this time.

i wouldnt be so sure, 1 week before release of update, zaken was still in kinda rekt state as we were testing it with our cp - that was 2 months ago after 2 years of development

not saying its going to be wrong, just want to be sure

+1 from me, but I'd also add that it would be cool to have  some sorta permanent 'bug hunting' event going in there, and by event I mean fully advertised and continuously bumped, with rewards so tempting that newbies could actually use it as a sort of alternative farming option. I mean yeah it'd be basically a modern slavery, but it's capitalism so it's ok.

30 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

+1 from me, but I'd also add that it would be cool to have  some sorta permanent 'bug hunting' event going in there, and by event I mean fully advertised and continuously bumped, with rewards so tempting that newbies could actually use it as a sort of alternative farming option. I mean yeah it'd be basically a modern slavery, but it's capitalism so it's ok.

Every bug is different and differently affect gameplay or don't affect at all and all of this are subjectively, so people will start argue with us about how much bug affecting game just to get better reward...

1 hour ago, Koll said:

Every bug is different and differently affect gameplay or don't affect at all and all of this are subjectively, so people will start argue with us about how much bug affecting game just to get better reward...

Undestood but then again, it's better to have a controversial system than no system at all, I mean whether you give same reward for all bugs or decide the weight of the bug yourselves, what's the worst thing that could happen? Maybe some people (who got into the bug hunting via the event) would stop testing because they'd feel they're treated unfairly. But for each person like this, you're still left with couple others who are either extra motivated via the "unfairly" large reward or don't care enough to quit. Either way it's a win. And even if the rewards are too overboosted, unless you're literally handing out +10 guns the benefit will almost always outweight the potentials cons.

Also, remove the 'black friday' announcements. By leaving the outdated donation bonus announcements you're demotivating people from donating without the bonus, and they might postpone their purchases (during which time they might change their mind altogether) or get discouraged entirely.

Edited by FryderykChopin