Kse

[WEIGHT IN] Events

Dear friends!

Everyone likes Events!

And every time we are trying to give you something new.

But this time we want to ask you how YOU see a perfect Event

We will appreciate any ideas and healthy discussion (without going offtopic). 

We will study all your ideas and try to use best ones in future events!

Best regards,
Classic Team

• Like 2

I'll just post my previous topic on this matter: https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/20384-poll-a-different-approach-for-the-christmas-event/

NCsoft knew what they were doing when they included 'jackpot' prizes in their events - events should be exciting, they should give you a naive glimmer of hope of getting something extraordinary.

The current events, however, are just a glorified Adena/Drop boost weeks - even with the Cloth Piece included, it's just another commodity that's calculated with - if it drops well then the event item price goes up, if it doesn't then the price goes down. The whole event becomes just an economic question, i.e. "is it financially worth it for me to participate in this event?"

I like the idea of making the events playful with all the extra steps needed to pick up the reward, but with current event reward list it will always have this bitter taste of being just a bother to make use of the ongoing income boosts.

The thing, whenever there's a suggestion to implement some better rewards, the topic is often swarmed by people who get high blood pressure over idea of someone getting what they already got. It's rather primitive and personally I've never heard any newbie or anyone unbiased say "yup, 5 extra level 1 Core Rings on server per year are going to completely destroy the game". It's been tried numerous times on servers including official and not once has the jackpot rewards ever destroyed anything. Even on the official server where they were handing out +10 guns like candies (back than it was a value equivalent of maybe lv 2 RB jewel), literally nothing happened, people just moved on. Of course some people are going to complain, but nobody's going to leave because of it.

90317106_RBjewel.jpg.fd5a92dff387097a218a359e8ba74e57.jpg

As for the other parts of the event, I actually did like the 'event shop', as introduced with the tiger event (minus the little fiasco), just maybe the prices could use a little adjust. If the 'shop' kind of event was to be re-introduced, I'd propose to implement some newbie-oriented merchandise, i.e. level-limited XP/SP runes or shadow guns (could be ++, maybe even with runes). This could greatly help newbies who are playing party-oriented chars to cope with lack of peoople to play with.

Even with event shop out of question, I believe it would be fun to implement such feature across all levels in a random mode, e.g. once a day you could pick this time-limited gun that would be random in all type, enchant level, augment, rune type and rune level (or just type/enchant level if other attributes are too difficult to code). I think I've seen this on Asterios some time ago and it was quite fun (IIRC the guns didn't have any SA, but you got some kind of special passive ability with it according to type, e.g. mage guns had acu, fighter some focus etc. - it's also an option), it definitely made the farming much more fun

Edited by FryderykChopin

the sweet spot between items needed for turn in should be like 10 with last event rates. higher levels should have higher percentage to drop than lower levels like in last event. blackjack was a big plus too, nobody even touched the other two games, the odds of winning were astronomical. If you don't want to flood the market with cloth pieces, don't add them or make them tradeable for like a shitton of event items. another good thing was buying cloak for cols + event items. maybe try doing that with event agathions, really revitalized the col market for the duration of the event.

1 hour ago, SemenArsonist said:

the sweet spot between items needed for turn in should be like 10 with last event rates. higher levels should have higher percentage to drop than lower levels like in last event. blackjack was a big plus too, nobody even touched the other two games, the odds of winning were astronomical. If you don't want to flood the market with cloth pieces, don't add them or make them tradeable for like a shitton of event items. another good thing was buying cloak for cols + event items. maybe try doing that with event agathions, really revitalized the col market for the duration of the event.

personally i would like people to slowly start transitioning to A grades and not be stuck with C/B grade +++ equipment. i think we are not going to follow official updates from now on and it would be very sad if going for A/S grade would be less worth than staying with C grades +10 and B grades +8, because that feels like game does not really progress

(PS: gratz for 1k posts, welcome to big boiz area :d)

i would for sure not put shop with items like during tiger event, even if prices are ridiculous, if you give someone opportunity to buy bresses cheaper than with CoL or stuff, he will just stack them once again and all this fiesta will never end. let it be full RNG what you open you get, put some very nice rewards but with very low chance as it was said (for example like there was only 2 winners of this green cloak during 1 spring event or something), also i would put less items to be exchanged for reward, but change rewards according to it (so good things will be less likely to get), that way ppl get enjoyment of opening the event items, and eventho they get like 3 buff scrolls, 10 fireworks, 5 qhp, but 1 enchants, it will be better rather than exchanging 3 event items and getting 1 enchant, 1 qhp and 10 fireworks

also you could make interactivity like in tiger/pumpkin/snowman event, where you spawn some creature and have to interact with it (for example there was bonfire event on official), not just exchange at npc and thats it

this daily buff for boost xp was nice (personally it didnt bring as much as i expected coz the numbers were kinda low, would slightly boost them maybe from 3/6/10/15 to like 6/10/15/30 so the last hour would be actually big reward). i would put this buff in the special buff slot like clan unity and other boosts, not normal buffs so it cant be overbuffed. Also if its not big hassle, during this buff duration, you could have special transofrmation on people (i can provide some screenshots from valentine event/halloween event/christmas event from official), that way people feel kinda special and different

tl;dr

1) make event items drop more often (chances to get something good adjusted to it)
2) make less event items needed to open 1 item (chances to get something good adjusted to it)
3) boost a bit last hour of xp buff, making ppl trying to xp more and be out of town on daily basis
4) keep it RNG (except maybe cloaks/aghation how you made it on last event, event items+CoL)
5) let people feel special during event, let them have some fancy transformation and interaction with NPC when trading event items (some might consider it annoying, but its pretty change of pace imo)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I only meant setting stable price for items like cloth pieces. Though thinking about it a second time it would be stupid considering how much those events are botted at low level areas.

RNG is surely funnier than stable rewards, and those events are usually about fun. Tbh I kinda hate the interaction part, rabbits/nuns event was exhausting, tiger and snowmen events were better because of cycling macro abuse, but it's against the rules to do that nowadays so... Also blessed ressurection scrolls should never be a reward again and neither should 80% death certificates. 50% ones are fine but 80% pretty much take away any worries you have about standing up with ee/bishop rez.

Instead of making ornaments by chance in reward box, create an option where you can buy event hats, agathion with event itens. You know, everybody just wants to look cute. (wish i had that panda hat and bonsai agathion !!!)

Remove useless rewards as 1st scroll buff and hp potions. Either you get something good or nothing. For that, drop chance should be higher.

Just my two cents to this topic, i'm being super serious on that.

• Like 3

I'm actually against the purchasable cloaks/agathions etc. If someone wants the special item, they should either put a special effort into it or have a special luck. Making those purchasable by anyone imo defeats its purpose. I'll add with a single breath though, if the cloak is made special, it should remain special - now I'm referring to what Modoyki was talking about, there was only two (I know just of one tho) lucky guys who got the cloak. Whether they put crapton of effort into it or just had RNG blessing, I don't know. The point is, it was a 'holy grail' of collector items. But few months after that, there was this I think Valentine event where people could easily pick the same cloak just for drawing a simple image or putting together a few screens. If I was one of the people who won the green cloak during the event, I'd be pissed because that's completely unfair. Either stop adding these cloaks to these sort of events, or give the original items some special note (e.g. give it a description that this item was won during XYZ event to differentiate it from the new reward showers - would be cool if it was applicable retrospectively, those 2 guys with green cloak definitely deserve this)

Anyway +1 on never making bress event reward ever again, in case this decision was not reached yet. Cloth pieces imo should be event rewards though, let the game progress a bit.

Edited by FryderykChopin
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 7:19 AM, FryderykChopin said:

Cloth pieces imo should be event rewards though, let the game progress a bit.

I agree. There's so much A-grade stuff on the market and everything is sealed :( 

Also i would love to see some exp boosters of any kind. That halloween buff was decent.

If you add end game stuff at least get some bot hunters and go hardcore on botters this time.. it’s ridiculous how much profitable those events are at 20-30 lvls and how many bots there are 

Also agree with delete reward like 1st class buff scrolls.

add piece cloths like one of the best reward, its good that this item have still good price on market, people who farm it on DI or from Hekaton or on epics can make good adena.

I am also against the purchasable cloak/agathions and whatever else.

if people want good reward - they should farm as much as possible to get really good reward

Haloween XP boost was nice but put it in special buff slot to cant lost it.

on the end - i like any kind of event, always is bonus for players, GMs are doing it for us, we should be happy for it.

thx ?

Edited by Wanali
  • Like 1

make it 40+ or 52+ for a start, and dont give some sick rewards like epics, cause this is what destroyed EU classic.

Big chance for usefull rewards like fruits, buff scolls (at least 2nd class not useless 1st), potions, b soe, b res, xp boosts. With those rewards people are always happy. Dont give shit reards into pull because they only make people angry, but also dont give some end game items with chance that will flood server with free cloths etc.  Also there was nice event on EU classic with colletcing letters - decent rewards for certain words. People like to collect things, give it to them :D

This is classic, it should be HARD. GMs gave epics level 3 and weapons B/A+16 on EU classic and people mass quit because of that.  All the fun is to chase the rabbit, not get one for free, doing nothing.

Switch 1st class buff scrolls to fruits and QHP to mana potions from daily rewards.

OR to olympiad mana/hp pots.

It's usefull, don't make you sad when u got it from event and not tradable. Also, this consumables can be used in exping for low lvl players or in pvp for high level ones.

Edited by Starikan

2 hours ago, jedynka said:

This is classic, it should be HARD. GMs gave epics level 3 and weapons B/A+16 on EU classic and people mass quit because of that.  All the fun is to chase the rabbit, not get one for free, doing nothing.

Well I said this in the other topic and I'll repeat myself here - people didn't leave because of this, people left because the game was borderline P2P where you were forced to spend ton of money to remain relevant. If the L2store only had 'basic consumables' as Juji promised, this wouldn't change a thing. Though, I agree that that event was too hardcore. Level 3 epics and +16 guns were way too hardcore rewards and the chance of getting them was too high. However, what we have here is the opposite extreme - there's virtually nothing in the reward list that makes people excited. It's about finding a middle ground between 'too poor rewards for people to actually care' and 'too OP to hurt the server's economy'.

As for your suggested rewards - mostly it doesn't matter but 'high chance for bress' is a no-no. Fruits from events is actually a nice idea though ?

You could add bres bsoe fruits xp scrools  runes etc but give them time limit. Mby 60 days or smth this way people will play and use them not just stack hundreds of them.

And even if you put rates to high and gets a bit messy they will go off  in max 2 months and everything comes back to normal

Snowball event w/o Cloth Piece.

Rewarding and Easy for everyone 

I would just improve chance for high lvl mob since is taking much longer to kill.

EZ

Edited by Nagyn

4 hours ago, jedynka said:

make it 40+ or 52+ for a start, and dont give some sick rewards like epics, cause this is what destroyed EU classic.

Big chance for usefull rewards like fruits, buff scolls (at least 2nd class not useless 1st), potions, b soe, b res, xp boosts. With those rewards people are always happy. Dont give shit reards into pull because they only make people angry, but also dont give some end game items with chance that will flood server with free cloths etc.  Also there was nice event on EU classic with colletcing letters - decent rewards for certain words. People like to collect things, give it to them :D

Giving awdy expensive stuff meabs price falling in market.For peoplecwho come forvrmt its not hood so they leave first cause profit  is lower

7 hours ago, TaBIe said:

Giving awdy expensive stuff meabs price falling in market.For peoplecwho come forvrmt its not hood so they leave first cause profit  is lower

True, the recent events on official servers had too OP rewards. What I suggest though, is that these rewards are set with such drop chance that on average 1 or 2 people get them during entire event. Obviously the mentioned +16 B guns are way too OP even with extremelly low chance, but if 1 or 2 level 1 core rings pop during a major event, it won't move the market prices at all. It should be about making people excited for everyone, not airdrop equip to everyone.

Edited by FryderykChopin
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 6:23 PM, MoDoy said:

1 - A single item for event;

2 - Remove Firework and Buff scroll (1st and 2nd); * Place MP Potion (5) and Special Pirate Fruit

3 - More fall frequency;

4 - Opinion about the event item: Could put a chance on getting col too, Even if the percentage is low;

5 - Opinion about the event item: Box / Rune EXP 30 / 50 / 70 / 100% for 7 days;

6 - Opinion about the event item: Jewel Boss (Even if the chance is 0.00001%);

7 - Opinion about the event item: Agathion Singer & Dancer;

8 - Christmas costume or Transformations;

Edited by Douglas Furlan
  • Like 1