Kse

Event Frozen Holidays!

17 minutes ago, Yomana said:

Dunno to me i always see people complaining here.

Now people complain about low drops , when they removed cloth pieces in previous event here in forum people said "now event is useless nothing worth to farm". 

Trust me if they make easy event and you open lots of boxes but 70% are firecrackers you would see people here complaining again.

edit:  You should understand balancing something between casual solo players / no lifer solo players / no lifer groups / bots  , is not so 

Make event items not tradable etc.Or instead rewards just put adena cause 1 clotg piece wont make set do pdople mistly want them to sell and get fast cash.Same goes iewb.Same price

1 hour ago, Drawler said:

Like Tabie said: "Btw events should fit all types of players (Lifers and NoLifers)"

A solo players won't get rich if they make it 1/15.. You need tons of money to get something back from this event, put a dorf buying cookies, but not everyone have the adena to do that.

Solo players will suffer with this 30/1.

and with this kind of attitude i would say "Quack you", if you want to make money, there are zillions of other ways to do that, events are made to change pace a bit for people, have some fancy decorations in town, interactions with special npcs and people, when you get that good reward from event you gather from farm, you are happy coz its small boost, lowbie people can still sell it and make few millions for basic equipment.

if you want to get rich, find normal way and dont blame events, they are fun even without being op as quack

39 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

and with this kind of attitude i would say "Quack you", if you want to make money, there are zillions of other ways to do that, events are made to change pace a bit for people, have some fancy decorations in town, interactions with special npcs and people, when you get that good reward from event you gather from farm, you are happy coz its small boost, lowbie people can still sell it and make few millions for basic equipment.

if you want to get rich, find normal way and dont blame events, they are fun even without being op as quack

I doubt he ment to say that.Event for me is something to have while event exsist.I remember ncsoft was giving chtistmas socks during event from which you could get enchanted shadow guns.Temporaly but nice

1 hour ago, TaBIe said:

I doubt he ment to say that.Event for me is something to have while event exsist.I remember ncsoft was giving chtistmas socks during event from which you could get enchanted shadow guns.Temporaly but nice

sure, but thats something ppl cant make money of, so they will be pissed and complain

28 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

sure, but thats something ppl cant make money of, so they will be pissed and complain

Not all event should be about money.Same like cloak or agathion.U cant sell it or make adena from it

2 minutes ago, TaBIe said:

Not all event should be about money.Same like cloak or agathion.U cant sell it or make adena from it

yeah but u forgot that where is no cloak at this event :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

7 hours ago, Yomana said:

Just people want to get rich from events , they expect and want events that will make them 500kk easily in 2 weeks.

So yes every event that doesnt make them rich sucks ^^ 

I said it before and I say it again - no extreme is good. Official events managed to get people excited, but the rewards they were handing out were way too powerful. Here we have the other extreme - the rewards don't imbalance the game in any way, but most people simply don't give a flying f*ck about the event in a first place.

I understand that admins don't want to imbalance the game, but the harsh truth is that the recent event system, for absolute majority of people, is just getting some extra adena during farm. Combination of the Santa co-op and absolutely zero possible exciting rewards means that >90% of people will just drop the items to GH and move on while the remaining minority will try their luck for some cloth piece or smth. Such excitement, much wow. The whole thing could be solved by including some exciting rewards like RB jwls or something with 0,00nothing chance, some people will be excited to try their luck at least.

Edited by FryderykChopin

6 hours ago, MoDoy said:

An event without good drop chance or good reward are a waste of time, no matter what you think.

So whats the point for solo players? Just go farm drop some event items and go sell them in GH? What if i want to actually try to open a god damn box? 30box to get a firework? 

Are you finally getting my point? Event are supossed to attract players to farm hard and get the piece of cake they want (cloak, hat,etc) not for the fancy decoration and the stupidity you just said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drawler said:

An event without good drop chance or good reward are a waste of time, no matter what you think.

So whats the point for solo players? Just go farm drop some event items and go sell them in GH? What if i want to actually try to open a god damn box? 30box to get a firework? 

Are you finally getting my point? Event are supossed to attract players to farm hard and get the piece of cake they want (cloak, hat,etc) not for the fancy decoration and the stupidity you just said.

what are yiu talking about, event shouldnt be about "hurr durr now i go out of town just to farm event items", event is just somthing extra you get while you farm other stuff (xping mail, spoiling something, farming some parts), and in the end of farming you can open some stuff and get something

you people try to make business out of it while it shouldnt work like that, last time i saw ppl making business out of event every late game location was empty while 20 lvl dungueons and 40-60 aoe spots were full of twinks just farming event items 24/7, is that what you want? must look beautiful

45 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

what are yiu talking about, event shouldnt be about "hurr durr now i go out of town just to farm event items", event is just somthing extra you get while you farm other stuff (xping mail, spoiling something, farming some parts), and in the end of farming you can open some stuff and get something

you people try to make business out of it while it shouldnt work like that, last time i saw ppl making business out of event every late game location was empty while 20 lvl dungueons and 40-60 aoe spots were full of twinks just farming event items 24/7, is that what you want? must look beautiful

You're wrong, events are to encourage people to actually kill theirselves farming to get something good for the event itself. Not just something "extra",All i said was to lower the minimum for each box to be open. If they do it or not, if their problem. I really dont care if you like or not. 

They should do more evenst like the last Winter Attack Event, superb event tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drawler said:

You're wrong, events are to encourage people to actually kill theirselves farming to get something good for the event itself. Not just something "extra",All i said was to lower the minimum for each box to be open. If they do it or not, if their problem. I really dont care if you like or not. 

They should do more evenst like the last Winter Attack Event, superb event tbh.

sorry, you are playing this game 10 years too late, now L2 is either casual and the point is how i described or you just open wallet and get whatever you want, event or not. There is no such thing as nolifing in L2 anymore how it used to be in past where people were skipping years in school just to keep farming

11 hours ago, SemenArsonist said:

Well tbf L2 is all about grinding as a group,it's a Korean mmo after all. Solo grinding is doable but never optimal. 

Are you actually serious? :D 

11 hours ago, MoDoy said:

Yeah but the event at its current state is failing to do that either... To do at least this, the drop rate should be increased 10x and the good rewards decreased 10 times, right now it's exactly as Drawler was saying, there's no point in opening the boxes unless you're going in big (which players outside of the endgame zone are absolutely not, especially since there isn't really anything too 'exciting' to try their luck on).

Edited by FryderykChopin
  • Like 1

shitty event ...farmed for 8 hours  get only 180 event items got 2 large fireworks  whatever... waste of time better way to open my wallet....

Edited by telikas

Something isn't right when you have to beg people and log 30 boxes to actually kill the leader. Remove this madness and just put a jumping santa with a 2 hours respaw or something.

I dont really understand people who want from events benefit too big ...

the event is bonus and u should be all happy that these events are reguarly on this server.

if u dont like it how event set up, no gathering it and just play without it.

this is classic and run for a long way ... not forget about it.

20 hours ago, Wanali said:

I dont really understand people who want from events benefit too big ...

the event is bonus and u should be all happy that these events are reguarly on this server.

if u dont like it how event set up, no gathering it and just play without it.

this is classic and run for a long way ... not forget about it.

Yeah but server needs some stimuli, people just need that kind of thrill from time to time to break from usual routine. NCsoft knew this very well, that's why all official events were 'overpowered' by many people's standards. It was true back then and it's especially true on lowrate classic. The problem is that the current event format is working exactly the opposite way - people had high expectations for the Christmas event and it turned out to be extremelly anticlimactic so it's actually discouraging instead of relieving.

It's not a major problem since the online is good right now, but it's a problem nevertheless.

3 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

Yeah but server needs some stimuli, people just need that kind of thrill from time to time to break from usual routine. NCsoft knew this very well, that's why all official events were 'overpowered' by many people's standards. It was true back then and it's especially true on lowrate classic. The problem is that the current event format is working exactly the opposite way - people had high expectations for the Christmas event and it turned out to be extremelly anticlimactic so it's actually discouraging instead of relieving.

It's not a major problem since the online is good right now, but it's a problem nevertheless.

if you want thrill, take top B weapon and go enchant it for money (all this instead of buying event item), if you are lucky, you might get something good and make adena (if you make it to +7 or something) AND if you are gambler, you have that ity bity chance you will get insane reward (+16 weapon)

after tiger event, i dont want to see any other OP event to be fair, because until this day there are leftovers from it and its 1.5 year since the event (https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/19454-event-tigers-hunt/?page=

8 hours ago, MoDoy said:

if you want thrill, take top B weapon and go enchant it for money (all this instead of buying event item), if you are lucky, you might get something good and make adena (if you make it to +7 or something) AND if you are gambler, you have that ity bity chance you will get insane reward (+16 weapon)

after tiger event, i dont want to see any other OP event to be fair, because until this day there are leftovers from it and its 1.5 year since the event (https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/19454-event-tigers-hunt/?page=

Tiger event wasn't bad because it had exciting awards, it was bad because of unfortunate implementation of bress scrolls and beer, which had no reuse back then. If neither of these were implemented then the event would've been okay. 

Perhaps the 'thrill' is not the best term, but rather some sort of 'excitement', something fun and out of ordinary that can't end up in a serious loss if you fail. Whichever term you use, as I mentioned before, NCsoft knew very well what they were doing with all these events in old chronicles, all of which were insanely ovepowered by today's standards and which none of them broke the game. They obviously went too far with recent ones, but they had the right idea all along. As mentioned many times before, no extreme is well on either side.

4 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

Tiger event wasn't bad because it had exciting awards, it was bad because of unfortunate implementation of bress scrolls and beer, which had no reuse back then. If neither of these were implemented then the event would've been okay. 

Perhaps the 'thrill' is not the best term, but rather some sort of 'excitement', something fun and out of ordinary that can't end up in a serious loss if you fail. Whichever term you use, as I mentioned before, NCsoft knew very well what they were doing with all these events in old chronicles, all of which were insanely ovepowered by today's standards and which none of them broke the game. They obviously went too far with recent ones, but they had the right idea all along. As mentioned many times before, no extreme is well on either side. 

no, it wasnt just beers and bresses from tiger event, but also death penalty certificates and normal bsoes

well, if someone invests pooptons of adena into event trying to get thrilling reward, it can end in "serious loss" if you dont get it, i dont see any difference

just keep adding special cloaks/agathions/hats for each event, but not the store ones (that you need X boxes + 300 col to buy it, but rather have small chance) and all the "event lovers" should be happy, coz there you have your thrilling item you can get and if the chance is low, it will be special, unlike some RB jewels lvl 1 ;) lets see if ppl really see event as some "thrilling" they need or they are just bunch of cash jews that want to make tons of money out of it, because i am pretty sure ppl who complain are the latter one while first group is fine with events how they are

@FryderykChopin @MoDoy you also forget xp scrolls (hello 300 100% scrolls) , runes , tablets (we bought 5-6 skills in cp just from this event) and energy of insolence  (energy down to 300k price from this event) 

Event was broken as fuck and i dont even count almost useless things like EWD that everyone had like 400 after event.

Edited by Yomana
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yomana said:

@FryderykChopin @MoDoy you also forget xp scrolls (hello 300 100% scrolls) , runes , tablets (we bought 5-6 skills in cp just from this event) and energy of insolence  (energy down to 300k price from this event) 

Event was broken as fuck 

I don't really see the price drop of runes, tablet or energy as an issue, if anything it moved the game forward a bit. From a market perspective I'd call it an early Zaken update. About the XP scrolls... I think bresses were just a better deal anyway, I don't see stacked up XP scrolls as that much of an issue. But again I'm not advocating for consumable stacking events, just an event that's actually enjoyable for everyone, which this event simply isn't.

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

no, it wasnt just beers and bresses from tiger event, but also death penalty certificates and normal bsoes

well, if someone invests pooptons of adena into event trying to get thrilling reward, it can end in "serious loss" if you dont get it, i dont see any difference

just keep adding special cloaks/agathions/hats for each event, but not the store ones (that you need X boxes + 300 col to buy it, but rather have small chance) and all the "event lovers" should be happy, coz there you have your thrilling item you can get and if the chance is low, it will be special, unlike some RB jewels lvl 1 ;) lets see if ppl really see event as some "thrilling" they need or they are just bunch of cash jews that want to make tons of money out of it, because i am pretty sure ppl who complain are the latter one while first group is fine with events how they are

Alright about the death certs but I still don't see where was that 'exciting' reward that ruined the server for one and half years.. It was just the easily stackable consumables, nothing more.... And well, about these 'cash jews' - obviously when you have event with exciting rewards you're going to have resellers if the event items are tradeable, it's just how market works. But it's just a small price to pay for having events that are actually fun and get people hyped up. And there's a simple logic that works in this occasion every time - people won't leave because because there's like 5 more RB jewels lv 1 once or twice per year; people leave because they get bored, and they can get bored quite easily if they never get an event that's worth a damn, and instead they're just getting a glorified adena boost. It might not be a main reason, but it can very well function as a sort of last straw.

5 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

I don't really see the price drop of runes, tablet or energy as an issue, if anything it moved the game forward a bit. From a market perspective I'd call it an early Zaken update. About the XP scrolls... I think bresses were just a better deal anyway, I don't see stacked up XP scrolls as that much of an issue. But again I'm not advocating for consumable stacking events, just an event that's actually enjoyable for everyone, which this event simply isn't.

Alright about the death certs but I still don't see where was that 'exciting' reward that ruined the server for one and half years.. It was just the easily stackable consumables, nothing more.... And well, about these 'cash jews' - obviously when you have event with exciting rewards you're going to have resellers if the event items are tradeable, it's just how market works. But it's just a small price to pay for having events that are actually fun and get people hyped up. And there's a simple logic that works in this occasion every time - people won't leave because because there's like 5 more RB jewels lv 1 once or twice per year; people leave because they get bored, and they can get bored quite easily if they never get an event that's worth a damn, and instead they're just getting a glorified adena boost. It might not be a main reason, but it can very well function as a sort of last straw. 

for me bresses were as bad as xp scrolls + death penalty certificates combo (i myself have in total over 1k xp scrolls on modoy, i dont really care when i pop them up, i think twice when i use fish stew xp but i dont care to pop up some xp scroll whenever i want)

you say magic tablets were just "early zaken", you dont see thrill in that? at times where top cps had amount of 3rd class skills which could be counted on 1 hand, it was heaven for people because everyone had chance to farm and learn 1 skill on any class if he tryharded enough, not to say back then the price of 1 skill was over 600kk, which is pretty much equal of epic - just our cp got like 6 skills out of it, that would mean value of 6 epics just for our cp ONLY from 1 item you could get from event, not counting anything else

please, never, BUT NEVER do such events again, it was broken beyond imagination and did so much harm that only the guys who can see $$$ would say it was good, any1 who wants to see healthy server would never want such event again

once again, you dont need expensive stuff into event, you remember the green cloak from rabbit event? now there you have your thrill, go and try to get that one if you want to see event so badly, dont forget also that admins added xp buff for events which is already move forward i would say as normal people (tho i doubt many are left) who not only farm bosses at 21, want to use everyday during farming to get that extra kick