Kse

Event Frozen Holidays!

16 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

I don't really see the price drop of runes, tablet or energy as an issue, if anything it moved the game forward a bit. From a market perspective I'd call it an early Zaken update. About the XP scrolls... I think bresses were just a better deal anyway, I don't see stacked up XP scrolls as that much of an issue. But again I'm not advocating for consumable stacking events, just an event that's actually enjoyable for everyone, which this event simply isn't.

Alright about the death certs but I still don't see where was that 'exciting' reward that ruined the server for one and half years.. It was just the easily stackable consumables, nothing more.... And well, about these 'cash jews' - obviously when you have event with exciting rewards you're going to have resellers if the event items are tradeable, it's just how market works. But it's just a small price to pay for having events that are actually fun and get people hyped up. And there's a simple logic that works in this occasion every time - people won't leave because because there's like 5 more RB jewels lv 1 once or twice per year; people leave because they get bored, and they can get bored quite easily if they never get an event that's worth a damn, and instead they're just getting a glorified adena boost. It might not be a main reason, but it can very well function as a sort of last straw.

My opinion is that its never gonna be enough for people :) give them 5 rb jewl now , they will ask for a bit more later. 

its a circle where people get bored if events are "not as good as last one"

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

for me bresses were as bad as xp scrolls + death penalty certificates combo (i myself have in total over 1k xp scrolls on modoy, i dont really care when i pop them up, i think twice when i use fish stew xp but i dont care to pop up some xp scroll whenever i want)

you say magic tablets were just "early zaken", you dont see thrill in that? at times where top cps had amount of 3rd class skills which could be counted on 1 hand, it was heaven for people because everyone had chance to farm and learn 1 skill on any class if he tryharded enough, not to say back then the price of 1 skill was over 600kk, which is pretty much equal of epic - just our cp got like 6 skills out of it, that would mean value of 6 epics just for our cp ONLY from 1 item you could get from event, not counting anything else

please, never, BUT NEVER do such events again, it was broken beyond imagination and did so much harm that only the guys who can see $$$ would say it was good, any1 who wants to see healthy server would never want such event again

once again, you dont need expensive stuff into event, you remember the green cloak from rabbit event? now there you have your thrill, go and try to get that one if you want to see event so badly, dont forget also that admins added xp buff for events which is already move forward i would say as normal people (tho i doubt many are left) who not only farm bosses at 21, want to use everyday during farming to get that extra kick

yeah but it's something that I've been saying ever since this discussion started weeks ago, I'm not saying there should be some massive free hand outs like during the tiger event, I'm saiyng there should be some cosmetic jackpot rewards like in those old NCsoft events. Honestly if they keep the current forma and just add some 0,00nothing chance for the RB jewels or something flashy + set the item drop rate vs reward rate so that the actual ammount of 'good' rewards remain more or less the same (ie multiply the event drop rate and reduce the chance for 'good' rewards accordingly) I'd be all fine with it.

1 hour ago, Yomana said:

My opinion is that its never gonna be enough for people :) give them 5 rb jewl now , they will ask for a bit more later. 

I don't know. I feel like all the events (aside from the tiger one) were pretty evenly upgraded until recently where some kind of PTSD from that tiger event kicked in and they turned 180°... As the game progresses, the events actually should sorta always be better than before - in 2015 the 'jackpot' reward was EWC, if the rewards were the same as 4 years ago nobody would even pick up the event items. But anyway I feel like the current reward list is fine for the current state of the game, it just needs some virtually unobtainable flashy rewards as I mentioned above to make it less dull. This, and the better optimized drop/reward ratio.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Yomana said:

its not true

give them 5x epic lvl 4 and they will quit. check skelth, it happened :)

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

yeah but it's something that I've been saying ever since this discussion started weeks ago, I'm not saying there should be some massive free hand outs like during the tiger event, I'm saiyng there should be some cosmetic jackpot rewards like in those old NCsoft events. Honestly if they keep the current forma and just add some 0,00nothing chance for the RB jewels or something flashy + set the item drop rate vs reward rate so that the actual ammount of 'good' rewards remain more or less the same (ie multiply the event drop rate and reduce the chance for 'good' rewards accordingly) I'd be all fine with it.

and you actually think people who complain now that event suck will be happy if thats done? they wont be able to make any more cash from it, so they will come and cry "this event sucksssss, give us tiger/snowman event!", thats not going to change anything for majority of people who complain, maybe for those people who are already fine with the events can give it some small extra kick, because it is small extra kick

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

I don't know. I feel like all the events (aside from the tiger one) were pretty evenly upgraded until recently where some kind of PTSD from that tiger event kicked in and they turned 180°... As the game progresses, the events actually should sorta always be better than before - in 2015 the 'jackpot' reward was EWC, if the rewards were the same as 4 years ago nobody would even pick up the event items. But anyway I feel like the current reward list is fine for the current state of the game, it just needs some virtually unobtainable flashy rewards as I mentioned above to make it less dull. This, and the better optimized drop/reward ratio.

thats not true, i remember there was always 1 good event followed by 1 bad event, i am sure about it coz we were always laughing in CP that "ok guys, since this event was good, we dont have to update client for next one", and it always happened, then ppl complained and next event was again very good

last event was halloween event, i would say it was pretty damn good, because many people could >easily< make cloaks, so it made them happy, yet it wasnt insanely overpowered so people could cashgrab from it in any way, now you have winter event, you can say its on weaker side because of no "special" item like cloak, but i am sure on next one that will be introduced again and i would consider it already good (once again, not for people who tries to cash out on event but rather for people who tries to enjoy the event and get something cute out of it)

3 hours ago, Yomana said:

@FryderykChopin @MoDoy you also forget xp scrolls (hello 300 100% scrolls) , runes , tablets (we bought 5-6 skills in cp just from this event) and energy of insolence  (energy down to 300k price from this event) 

Event was broken as fuck and i dont even count almost useless things like EWD that everyone had like 400 after event.

First you brake 2 tarbars +15 and then bring the hate on EWDs. Nice one bro.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MoDoy said:

and you actually think people who complain now that event suck will be happy if thats done? they wont be able to make any more cash from it, so they will come and cry "this event sucksssss, give us tiger/snowman event!", thats not going to change anything for majority of people who complain, maybe for those people who are already fine with the events can give it some small extra kick, because it is small extra kick

There'll always be people who will complain, but you can't lump all the naysayers together. If out of 10 people 7 people complain, and you change something and only 5 people complain afterwards, it's still a good step.

4 hours ago, MoDoy said:

thats not true, i remember there was always 1 good event followed by 1 bad event, i am sure about it coz we were always laughing in CP that "ok guys, since this event was good, we dont have to update client for next one", and it always happened, then ppl complained and next event was again very good

last event was halloween event, i would say it was pretty damn good, because many people could >easily< make cloaks, so it made them happy, yet it wasnt insanely overpowered so people could cashgrab from it in any way, now you have winter event, you can say its on weaker side because of no "special" item like cloak, but i am sure on next one that will be introduced again and i would consider it already good (once again, not for people who tries to cash out on event but rather for people who tries to enjoy the event and get something cute out of it)

I remember the alternation of weak and good events, I meant the longterm developement, i.e. even the weak events were usually more generous than the 'good' events from a year prior. About the cloak, it's an interesting point. To me the buyable cloak was actually the weakest point because it actually defeats the purpose even for us old players who are willing to spend hundreds of millions on it. Making the cloak directly buyable to me is a hotchpotch that fails to interest either group - newbies obviously won't buy it because ~80 million is still a lot of money and many old players feel like it's just not that valuable since it doesn't have the luck part in it. Funnily enough a lot of people felt this way so the cloak ended up being not that common in the end. But anyway the major problem with the cloak is that they decided to hand them out in special events like the valentine one where you could choose any you want for making a screenshot or something - bunch if people snatched a green cloak, which billions of adena was drowned in search of, for taking a screenshot with semi-funny catchphrase... But that's for a different discussion I guess.

Hello, Id be curious what will happen to the Event Cookies come the 13th of January, since I have stockpiled quite a few of them.

Should I sell them?

Should I give them to santa, are the rewards worth it? (I preferred selling them since i started 2 weeks ago and the cash was always good to help with gear). - I have more than 1000.

Will they still be usable come tomorrow?

Thanks!

Edited by Viqir

10 hours ago, Viqir said:

Hello, Id be curious what will happen to the Event Cookies come the 13th of January, since I have stockpiled quite a few of them.

Should I sell them?

Should I give them to santa, are the rewards worth it? (I preferred selling them since i started 2 weeks ago and the cash was always good to help with gear). - I have more than 1000.

Thanks!

NPCs will stay till Friday, cookie drop will be removed tomorrow.

20 hours ago, Viqir said:

Should I sell them?

Thanks!

fpp,small,lustre,wall_texture,product,75

Sell them. If you're gambler you could try your luck, but you'd most likely end up in loss. 40kk is a crazy good money for someone who started 2 weeks ago.

5 hours ago, Warpole said:

Isn't it a good time for all the unlucky ones to post how bad this event went for us? Here is mine.

Untitled33.png

Wurf the hat imo, if I knew I'd get it for 70kk I'd probably try it myself...
Also, IEAC is worth how much, around 25kk? Sure, financially-wise it's a
|  |l
|| |_
compared to outwards selling the QI, but it's not a complete disaster imo

5 hours ago, Warpole said:

Isn't it a good time for all the unlucky ones to post how bad this event went for us? Here is mine.

Untitled33.png

Opened 60, absolute bullshit, no improved scrolls, no cloths, no hat, no agathion. Merry fucking Christmas, at least I can make my clan level 3 and celebrate with all those proofs of blood and fireworks. 

For me this was the worst event ever!

Large Firecracker
Quick Healing Potion (ABOUT 15 OF THAT SHIT :@)
1st class buff scroll
2nd class buff scroll
Elixir of Life
Elixir of Mind
Event - Fresh Beer
Sealed Runes lvl 1 x10
Proof of Blood x10
EXP/SP scroll (30%)
EXP/SP scroll - Normal (50%)
EXP/SP scroll - Medium (70%)
EXP/SP scroll - High (100%)

Enchant Armor D Grade

Enchant Armor A Grade

Enchant Weapon D Grade
Enchant Weapon C Grade
Enchant Weapon A Grade
Bae Kisung Holiday Agathion

Opened about 75 box

I must have missed 80kk haha

I didnt update game (to have event content) since last 3-4 events - trashy rewards or low chance to get anything good ?

23 minutes ago, Rizos said:

I didnt update game (to have event content) since last 3-4 events - trashy rewards or low chance to get anything good ?

well, since event wasnt cash grab, i spent quality time with family instead of grinding during holidays

BEST.EVENT.EVER!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Douglas Furlan said:

For me this was the worst event ever!

Large Firecracker
Quick Healing Potion (ABOUT 15 OF THAT SHIT :@)
1st class buff scroll
2nd class buff scroll
Elixir of Life
Elixir of Mind
Event - Fresh Beer
Sealed Runes lvl 1 x10
Proof of Blood x10
EXP/SP scroll (30%)
EXP/SP scroll - Normal (50%)
EXP/SP scroll - Medium (70%)
EXP/SP scroll - High (100%)

Enchant Armor D Grade

Enchant Armor A Grade

Enchant Weapon D Grade
Enchant Weapon C Grade
Enchant Weapon A Grade
Bae Kisung Holiday Agathion

Opened about 75 box

I must have missed 80kk haha

Dayum, not even one improved scroll? Pretty brutal.

But anyways, as much as I think it's counterproductive to make events so poor that it actually discourages people from playing, it's not a big issue when the online is as good as it is now. On the other hand I think these kind of events should cease to exist at the first sign of population decreasing, because no event at all would probably do less damage. If it's so important to not give server anything of value (which is a wrong attitude btw.), then just skip the poor events and make few good ones, it would probably help the server much more.