Sign in to follow this  
Samus

4years & still going strong

Hi all,

As all of you know, you can't quit this drug called L2.

Having shietty official/bot servers certainly helped and I stayed clean for so long :D 

But as I've said in the past there is still this gem called l2classic.club.

My main question is: Are bots/rmt punished? How's the server? Help me out please :)

Also the main reason I haven't started yet is described here:

https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/22365-returning-player-performance-issuesadvice/

If someone could help me out regarding this I would reaaaaally appreciate it.

Thank you in advance and happy holidays!

4 minutes ago, Samus said:

My main question is: Are bots/rmt punished? How's the server? Help me out please :)

yes botting and RMTing is bannable

server is probably at its best shape in the last 2,5 years, sooooooo many new players joined in the last 2 months its amazing

Edited by etze

You will find bots. YOu report them, but it takes weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks to see them banned but it is not a problem because in 2 weeks there will be another 10 ES who farm SoS spell books.
Yeah ppl get banned for RMT, back in days GM"s did list of banned ppl who RMT'ed, right now I dont see it. So idk how hard they ban those guys.

Most ppl are 65+, u wont find much ppl at lvl 1-50~ most of them are boxes of ppl who are 76+ and just levelign another box. Yeah with zaken patch new ppl came but not to many so u could group up with them and farm, idk, Cruma? or any other place. Most ppl level through RB from lvl 1 to 76.

Server is 4 years old, but still many bugs, atm if ppl didnt knew u can abuse, AGAIN, I repeat, AGAIN the daily mission (wont say which one) so, old ppl getting even more richer, from abusing those buggs for 4 years, while new ppl suck lollipop :)

Zaken was broken on LAUNCh of zaken patch, also makes no sense to me, when fixed, then bugged again, then fixed again etc.

But we play here anyway because where is no other server where  u can play classic with atleast 200ppl online+

recommended server, active staff, and much ppl new and old play here, zaken is new patch and have any error, but server is stable and fun everyday.

8 minutes ago, etze said:

http://prntscr.com/qh4nh5 

there's farm parties daily dude wtf

you even see groups for EV and cruma every now and then

I can bet 10kk that those ppl who farm abg/ev are ppl who need cookies since it is event ) dude I play this game everyday, before event there  was sometimes ppl at LOA 4/9 nothing more, except RB's parties ofc.

p.s. I have never seen cruma party, 1/12 only 

Edited by Donkihot

Some bots are present, but they're not a major problem :D

Anyway been here playing since day 1 and I'd agree that the server is in great condition. We've never had any official online numbers, but I'm sure the online these days is amongst the highest it's been for as long as the server runs.

There's one considerate issue that kind of stems from the fact that the server has been running for over 4 years - most people are high levels, so even though many newbies joined, exping on early levels via RB parties is so fast that you barely ever party up with anyone (besides those RB parties) - which might be a problem if you want to play a char that's supposed to be played in party (like healer or nuker), because dual box is only allowed with premium account, which costs 10€ a month.

As for the technical issues that you described, I don't want to make a second post, but:

1) As Poseidon mentioned, alt+tab should solve this issue. You might also try to play the game windowed.

2) Alt+P (or so-called 'lower details' in options menu) is your friend. The way L2 functions you couldn't get decent FPS in Giran Harbor even if you played on some kind of NASA supercomputer. I know it's annoying especially since you have a new rig, but this is the way

You can make a poll about removing the offline shop, but I doubt you'd get a positive response.

4 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

You can make a poll about removing the offline shop, but I doubt you'd get a positive response.

Btw, removing shops will be such a bad idea and nobody will do this. (but it would be great ofc, there would not be any 100 shops from 1 person who buys and sells 145478 items.
But, BUUUUT, it would be actually cool to make shops with their own area. Giran harbor is huge, but ppl sit on each other, sometimes u cant even click the dwarf u want, u have to /target poordwarfgivememoney and then open his tab, it would be great if GM"s could make like 1m area where u can put sell/buy shop from each other dwarf.

Thank you all for the replies!
As for the technical issues, alt & tab doesnt solve my prob since my pc's brightness/lightning gets screwed up everytime I launch the game - however this does not happen on official servers. Would appreciate some help from @san0 or some other admin!!!!

Thanks again!

4 hours ago, Samus said:

As for the technical issues, alt & tab doesnt solve my prob since my pc's brightness/lightning gets screwed up everytime I launch the game - however this does not happen on official servers. Would appreciate some help from @san0 or some other admin!!!!

Thanks again!

It's usually @Koll who takes care of technical issues - either PM him or contact directly via Skype - events.classic is the contact :) 

Edited by FryderykChopin

3 hours ago, Samus said:

Thanks again!

close all la2 windows and open again, it helps me

Hi @Koll 

Thanks!
I had already tried this with no luck. I'm on holidays and I'm not on my everyday PC. When I get back I will try to troubleshoot again and reach to you for help.

Thank you again!

NCSoft already removed this brightness adjustment from client. If our server will be updated in the future, the problem will no longer exists. We just need to wait (probably some years ?).

Just a bump on this topic.
Don't have the time to play but I log in now and then and man it's amazing that after almost 20years there is THIS server out there.
Again thank you guys!
4+ years up and still the market & activity stability amazes me!

(Fix the brightness issue with the client like they did on offi-crap please :):) )

On 29.12.2019 at 16:32, FryderykChopin said:

Некоторые боты присутствуют, но они не являются серьезной проблемой : D

В любом случае, играю здесь с первого дня, и я согласен, что сервер в отличном состоянии. У нас никогда не было никаких официальных онлайн-номеров, но я уверен, что в наши дни он является одним из самых высоких за все время работы сервера.

Есть одна серьезная проблема, которая связана с тем фактом, что сервер работает более 4 лет - большинство людей имеют высокий уровень, поэтому, несмотря на то, что к ним присоединилось много новичков, выход на ранние уровни через вечеринки RB настолько быстр, что вы вряд ли когда-либо будете на вечеринке с кем-либо (кроме тех, кто играет в RB) - это может быть проблемой, если вы хотите сыграть чар, который должен быть сыгран в партии (например, целитель или нукер), потому что двойной бокс разрешен только для премиум-аккаунта, который стоит 10 € месяц.

Что касается технических проблем, которые вы описали, я не хочу делать второе сообщение, но:

1) Как сказал Посейдон, alt + tab должен решить эту проблему. Вы также можете попытаться играть в игру под окном.

2) Alt + P (или так называемые «нижние детали» в меню параметров) - ваш друг. Работая на L2, вы не можете получить приличный FPS в Giran Harbour, даже если вы играете на каком-то суперкомпьютере NASA. Я знаю, что это раздражает, тем более что у вас есть новая установка, но это путь

Вы можете сделать опрос об удалении оффлайн-магазина, но я сомневаюсь, что вы получите положительный ответ.

You very rightly noticed, you just forgot to mention one thing, I love the support hero and started playing as a healer when groups gathered at the Bosses and I wrote, give a group, they wrote me show your weapon ... what kind of weapon can a healer have? My level is 24, I kill 10 monsters, get 5% at level 24 and sit for 15 minutes regen mana, they collect 9 DDs for bosses who have D / C bows if you decide to start as a support hero, then you’ll be up to level 40 for a month ... if you try to create DD support for your hero and put it on a macro, they will give you a lock, macros are forbidden here, if you buy Adena on the site, you will also get a ban because the purchase is prohibited here, finding a group at levels 20-65 is fantasy.
One question interests when the server started 4 years ago, were macros prohibited from the very start? Or then they were pumped out, levels 77-79 were stuck, and beginners who decided to play here should play without them?

Edited by Gambits
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Gambits said:

You very rightly noticed, you just forgot to mention one thing, I love the support hero and started playing as a healer when groups gathered at the Bosses and I wrote, give a group, they wrote me show your weapon ... what kind of weapon can a healer have? My level is 24, I kill 10 monsters, get 5% at level 24 and sit for 15 minutes regen mana, they collect 9 DDs for bosses who have D / C bows if you decide to start as a support hero, then you’ll be up to level 40 for a month ... if you try to create DD support for your hero and put it on a macro, they will give you a lock, macros are forbidden here, if you buy Adena on the site, you will also get a ban because the purchase is prohibited here, finding a group at levels 20-65 is fantasy.
One question interests when the server started 4 years ago, were macros prohibited from the very start? Or then they were pumped out, levels 77-79 were stuck, and beginners who decided to play here should play without them?

When server started and till level 76 there was no auto macro

Now stop crying in every thread about server features and go play something else if you dont like it.

10 minutes ago, Yomana said:

Когда был сервер запускался и до уровня 76

Теперь вам не нужно нравится.

The only way to fix this is to do so that boss will give only things and experience zero 

What will happen?

1) Will people stop playing?
2) or will they leave the cities and go to beat monsters?
I am starting to notice groups of Ukrainian players who have a strong farm of 52-60 orcs, they have 77 preachers and 77 wc, they all run with the name that I sell 46+ xp, that is, they came here to earn money and do not play This game, why they do not block them, is a mystery.

Edited by Gambits
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Yomana said:

Когда сервер запускался и до уровня 76 не было автоматического макроса

Теперь перестаньте плакать в каждой теме о возможностях сервера и играйте что-нибудь еще, если вам это не нравится.

I couldn’t know this, and asked a question, if you are talking to your parents in such a tone, it’s your right ... but enough like a mad dog to rush at the players and say that they are whining, you were beaten so cleanly at school that now it crushes you everything?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Gambits said:

I couldn’t know this, and asked a question, if you are talking to your parents in such a tone, it’s your right ... but enough like a mad dog to rush at the players and say that they are whining, you were beaten so cleanly at school that now it crushes you everything?

Problem is YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING and you just assume things and complain in every post from the moment you started posting.

So fuck off and i can talk however i want, you dont deserve respect cry baby.

Edited by Yomana
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Yomana said:

Проблема в том, что ВЫ НИЧЕГО НЕ ЗНАЕТЕ, и вы просто принимаете вещи и жалуетесь в каждом посте с момента, когда вы начали его публиковать.

Так что отвали, и я могу говорить как захочу, ты не заслуживаешь уважения, крик, детка.

It’s clear, just a offended child

6 minutes ago, Yomana said:

Проблема в том, что ВЫ НИЧЕГО НЕ ЗНАЕТЕ, и вы просто принимаете вещи и жалуетесь в каждом посте с момента, когда вы начали его публиковать.

Так что отвали, и я могу говорить как захочу, ты не заслуживаешь уважения, крик, детка.

You do not know me, I you ... how many people have so many opinions.
We just share them in order to make a better decision ... how can we talk about disrespect for people against this background? Have you grown a single mother? You do not know the father's fist of love?
For such things said on the street, you would simply lose your feelings.
But you are just an internet fight, so I forgive you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gambits said:

It’s clear, just a offended child

Yes we are all children and you are the good adult who came here to teach us how a server should be.

Thank you for teaching private server plebs like us. 

Just now, Gambits said:

You do not know me, I you ... how many people have so many opinions.
We just share them in order to make a better decision ... how can we talk about disrespect for people against this background? Have you grown a single mother? You do not know the father's fist of love?
For such things said on the street, you would simply lose your feelings.
But you are just an internet fight, so I forgive you.

Are you a psychologist or what bro?

If you think what you are doing is "sharing your opinion" then you rly have some problem in your brain.

Stop drinking vodka pls

4 minutes ago, Yomana said:

Да, мы все дети, и вы хороший взрослый, который пришел сюда, чтобы научить нас, каким должен быть сервер.

Спасибо за обучение частному серверу плебс как мы. 

Вы психолог или какой братан?

Если вы думаете, что «делитесь своим мнением», значит, у вас есть проблемы в мозгу.

Бросить пить водку, пожалуйста

You are like teenagers, if they are told to smoke or drink badly, they immediately think that they are being taught or say what to do, this is just advice that you should not do this.
Why do you perceive everything so keenly?
No, I'm not a psychologist
And if you are interested, I don’t drink alcohol or cigarettes.
And you need to be simpler, you see a proposal from people that does not correspond with your point of view, and you start to tell him that he is sick, drinks a lot and generally crazy ... are you okay?

• Confused 1