merinos

Oh the nostalgia

This always hits hard, I keep on leaving this game but end up coming back - it's just so many teen times memories. I wanna live a part of it again, like the old times, when we weren't rushing the game but were legit enjoying it. I made up my mind on starting this "old" game again here, the only viable classic server that could at least give me some vintage feeling (I hope?!). Although this time I won't care about competition, hell I may even play 3 hours per week. Now why do you all care about this? Of course you don't. But here's a good question, which class should I choose to be able to travel back in time when all classes truly mattered, and the race had actually big impact on playstyle. Bare in mind that I will not have a cp and will most likely farm solo or with a party if I find any by chance (will also try to avoid boss hunting as so to make the game personally feel the way it used to back in the days), maybe even without a boxed buffer, just pure me and my adventurer (not the class). I was thinking of DA but humans never appealed to me - neither did orcs. Maybe a TK but I had had enough light elves. Maybe a SK, but will anyone really consider me a tank when it comes to random partying? I will not go for DDs. But again maybe a BD could do, but won't it take long to like this class? Who knows, hit me up with ideas fellas!

Sincerely

(PS: What's more I would even love to main a bishop or prophet, but is it possible to solo them? I never tried before, but dear Lord I'd so much love to hear that a driven and not boxed prophet is actually a "looked for" thing in parties)

Edited by merinos
  • Confused 1

if you dont want to rush and just enjoy music with slow grind pace then both options you said are viable

SK can give you that old school feeling, as the class is pretty much unchanged, killing solo is possible coz of hex, you have dots (poison/bleed) later on

PP can be exped solo (i guess you could do it fighter style, now dont take me wrong, its nowhere close to efficient or enjoying if you want to get to later stages of the game, but once again i can imagine peaceful slow paced farming with it, also you could find some DD to duo with you, helping with roots/heals/buffing without any problem and thats already pretty decent grind xp)

7 hours ago, MoDoy said:

PP can be exped solo (i guess you could do it fighter style, now dont take me wrong, its nowhere close to efficient or enjoying if you want to get to later stages of the game, but once again i can imagine peaceful slow paced farming with it, also you could find some DD to duo with you, helping with roots/heals/buffing without any problem and thats already pretty decent grind xp)

Thank you for your answer friend! Just one more thing about the PP, does anyone really want an active PP at this time of the game? I mean I know the server is pretty old so almost everyone has a very high level boxed PP. Don't get me wrong I said I'll be playing solo for the most part, but you know sieges later on and baium/zaken, or occasionally TOI groups - I just don't want to be overlooked. 

44 minutes ago, Lunareaia said:

i play an active pp main,with decent gear its actually not so horrible (but they will not take you into CP's)

So if you are not taken into parties how do you "play" ? ? Of course solo is fine and also what I'm looking for, but for higher levels?! If you are not taken into parties, then how do you proceed after a point?

6 hours ago, merinos said:

So if you are not taken into parties how do you "play" ? ? Of course solo is fine and also what I'm looking for, but for higher levels?! If you are not taken into parties, then how do you proceed after a point?

imo what you look for is SE. can go (not efficient) fighter build, it has all buffs u need just buy haste pots, all rbs need you for stigma, all aoe groups need a recharger, and all fighter cps that have at least 2 digit iq have se in main setup(we dont have such cps on this server). 

On 8/5/2018 at 2:21 PM, Sensei said:

Delivering something new.
Gameplay is still far from optimal, however playing this class is very entertaining.
Hierophant olympiad Pov, enjoy.

Once I also had this dream of being main Prophet and make the best out of it. I think NCSoft actually tried to make this class into something more than a plain buffer but still orcs do it best in all scenarios. The video shows what a prophet can do in good hands with good gear.

Anywayy my piece of advice is go for BD. They're always required in parties and fairly good in pve. Don't trick yourself into thinking you'll enjoy playing as healer spending 15 seconds to kill a single mob, killing mob after mob.