San0

Long Forgotten Mechanics, systems and overall old School lineage stuff

Here i was brainstorming like a mad man trying to remember some sh1ts from the past like many moons ago on L2 how everything was, and the curiosity hit me hard about you guys.

So i have this topic here for you to mention and let everyone know about features, mechanics, items, systems whatever it was that you guys loved and hated to do back on the days of old lineage, and why if you have a special reason for it.

As an example i used to love to just go on hellbound with my BD and murder chimeras for days, there was something with knowing that at any time that chimera could AOE and almost insta pop me but there was something really pleasing and relaxing on just seeing my girl smacking the living sh1t out of those bad ass monsters by her self, specially when stuff like counter haste and counter spirit were triggering and she was just going on acids.

AND

I hated with all my heart to level up the stupid pets. the baby ones... it was driving me nuts how monsters had a specially liking on killing my poor wolf/cat/chicken/buffalo/hatchling, every time that animal was dying i just felt like punching sh1t around.

this is just a honest curiosity and want to know more topic, please dont hate on eachother or turn this topic into one more of the "my side is 20 times better then your side and we have 20 less people" topics around

• Haha 1

One of the biggest "love": back in the times, I was playing 1 private server, it was GF if i don't mistake, and only exp boost which was available was "cake", it could be bought only for real money and after it was used it popped like a new year tree, and gave exp buff (+100% exp). So what was rly fun and exciting - finding these cakes (usually used in catacombs, in center of room, so it would be instabuffed and ppl farm same place) and wiping parties who owned them and stealing exp and spot they was using. This feature made every day full of pvp.

Shittiest thing and cancer for me : instance zones. this killed "pvp for the spot". Made ppl play the game called "happy farmer".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Loved the hot springs mechanics of mobs giving debuffs/buffs to player and the 7 signs sistem of competition between dusk VS dawn the farm on cata and necro to hope of getting ancient Adena on the end of competition 

Edited by Meskita
  • Like 1

I will never forget the feeling of getting into L2 classic for the first time and finally hit lvl 55+- 
That moment where i went with my SwS to Ancient Battlegrounds to farm with a party that I found on PT matchmaking. When i arrived there and saw them farming AoE, it blew my mind, I had never seen something like that ... was used to playing only interlude and being a lone wolf.
 Learning all the mechanics behind AoE farm and how much it speed up things was amazing ... A feeling i will never forget !

PS. I will also never forget DarkKnightDT (SK) for being the first tank to ever stun and kill me for mobs, dropping my full plate boots.

C1 start.... farm 3 days on talking island, reach lvl 20~,  use ship to go to gludin -> take wolf quest -> waste all farmed adena on teleports to make quest, -> choose wrong answers in quest dialog - > drop items on gludin squire - > delete l2, thats how i got introduced to game 15? years ago...... it still hurts.

Sweetest thing - > PR critical hit sound when hitting some lame ass karmian mage. (C6)

Back in the days Of H5 I loved the subclass trigger skills. 

totally hating nobless quest. Of course subclass quest to. This lunargent and hellfire oil thing could drive me crazy. Anyone remembers pipet knife?

HB zone (not the citadel tho, screw citadel honestly with all the deep corners ppl used to hide)

reasons:
1) only 78+ people with quest could enter, so no annoying lvl 1 cameras on every 2 steps monitoring your movement
2) even if you had mobs on you and enemy party came, you could regroup yourself and fight instead of just giving up the opportunity, as you got ported to wasteland and not in town (carebears hate it!)
3) HB grind for dynasty armors - so HB was only place to farm dynasty and especially from start before your party got geared with full S80/vesper with attribute, it was freaking hard so you actually had to go there and grind for looooooong time, people would have to pvp for spots because everyone needed dynasty set and thus everyone concentrated on one place, especially fights for Celtus which is something like hekaton, except that it wasnt "chance" to get something good, you always got something good but you needed many of those items for dynasty

Hellbound location back in the time, i would compare it to ToI in 2.0 saviors update, it was only spot where you could get tablets for 3rd class skills (which you needed) and you had to grind for loooong time to gather enough to get them, so people were fighting for ToI and farming it as much as possible, except the fact that in ToI you pretty much had no chance to farm if you were weaker side, but on HB there were several spots you could farm even if you were losing side (chimeras upper/lower spot, green spot, desert spot)

i think we are missing something like that right now in game, only thing which matters is xp and you can do that on quite many places and there are many ways to do it (and its kinda fast i would say), too bad tbh because people log for 20 minutes for SV bosses and after that instant log out, because why would you go GC

Edited by MoDoy
  • Like 3

Liked what @MoDoy wrote. But never played HB, never farmed dynasty/vesper sets (played official only from c3, leaved when HB update comes)
My favorite zone is Forge of the Gods, Magnus love that spot :)

Been thinking how interesting it is that we have access to areas like Goddard, Rune etc atm. Yeah there is no content there, but always wanted to arrange some 9v9 or 18v18 at Varka/Ketra/Fog/Mos.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MoDoy said:

HB was only place to farm dynasty

Nooot only xd There was also forgotten island to do this xd 

14 hours ago, Reddish said:

I was playing 1 private server, it was GF if i don't mistake, and only exp boost which was available was "cake"

Dex player i guess like xd I loved it as well ?

17 minutes ago, YipMan said:

Nooot only xd There was also forgotten island to do this xd 

Dex player i guess like xd I loved it as well ?

i p;ayed mostly GF servers and those were HB quest exclusive, farming zillions of atods and life forces :D

also cake mechanics were also on RPG and it brought lots of pvp for them on top spots, which at one side was sad if you used cake and then you were pvping for 1h straight instead of exping, but on the other hand you pvped for 1h, which is great :D

Edited by MoDoy

22 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

i p;ayed mostly GF servers and those were HB quest exclusive, farming zillions of atods and life forces :D

also cake mechanics were also on RPG and it brought lots of pvp for them on top spots, which at one side was sad if you used cake and then you were pvping for 1h straight instead of exping, but on the other hand you pvped for 1h, which is great :D

Yes i ment Isle of prayer S80 quest .... not forgotten island xd Anyways there was 2 quests on S80 in HellBund Chronicle

http://www.lineage2media.com/Isle of Prayer S80 Receips.html

ANd about RPG>Dex with cakes i guess i You was right at this one.

What I miss

Rune castle with boss, MoS, pagans temple, nobless quest.

Mainly EE player here(yes im practically a boy, but theorically a girl, because only girls play EEs).

Lethaling undeads in pagans temple non stop before clan activities in monastary ? 

Trance, erase summon, mana burn such a good offensive skills.

OK

Back in reality and speaking about club classic additional zone:

I think adding Goddard from official is not that bad, it seperates people from Aden, making it less crowded, because high level people staying more in goddard.

Elemental system is really good for players who are already 80, they would have new tasks to do, leveling their elements, but it shouldnt be so OP as it is. 

Official zones are mostly for solo players, so there happens main pvp for 2-3 vs 2-3.

Opening some party zone as well would be nice. BUT Like this u kill all previous zones. Possible to make there chance for ppl to make 81+.

Hard to say, Lineage after 80 sooner or later becomes clown fiesta somehow. Late game content always kills the game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Donkihot said:

I wonder when ppl will learn to activate windows monkaHmm

19 hours ago, San0 said:

this is just a honest curiosity and want to know more topic, please dont hate on eachother or turn this topic into one more of the "my side is 20 times better then your side and we have 20 less people" topics around

5 hours ago, Lafi said:

I think u are just mad because ES was nerfed and u quote me for no reason because I had no hate in this msg at all and wrote it just for the memes.

talking about topic: I liked subclass thing a lot. Having 1 main hero and just play different classes on it, without making pepega1 pepega2 pepega3 nicknames for my destro archer and sps. Also it was cool in fights, since u never knew, if that orc is bishop or wc or mage or anything else, ofc as time moves on u will know, but I have played on populated server and most ppl didnt even bother to remember who was who. @Lafi I love u ❤️ #noHatingU

How can i be mad at u? I don't even know who u are... This server had completly random settings from beggining... I have this ?thing? playing one char till the end no matter what... So nothing changes for me...

• Like 1

buffing sticks

not that i particularly liked buffing 20 times during prep time in oly same buff to proc mental/btb/focus, but i think view on olympiad arena was nicer in past, rather than now, which is wall 9_9

Now no jokes.

i miss:

1. Manor system for mats
2. I miss previosu patch system. 3-4 spots (toi 9/10/11/12) where u farm endgame content and ppl are forced to fight for it, not free farm like now. End game contnt should be limited.
3. What modoy mentioned hellbound location had nice system for pvp
4. Mental shield weapon for oly
5. Pets as minigame. Improving pet items etc, but not pets which are stronger than players (great wolfs with op p atk). Also kokaburras were pretty ok, especially for new players w/o orfens 3
6. Masterwork itamz, as new thing to farm
7. Attribute system but not as OP as it was on gracia final

And for sure we miss smth to farm with very small progress like tablets on previous patch and with very limited amounts of spots

Edited by Rizos

When i started playing c4 later (c6) it was funny times. It was 2006-2010 year something like this.

Later appeared Hellbound,all Gracia update,H5 and GOD.

I remember back in days Epilogue and H5 servers was very popular.

I remember on Interlude olympiad there was a challange to have bless body and mental shield in time for dd's ? ?

Akamanah and Zariche,all was imagine how cool it will be if i have one of them

That war beetween alliances who will win Seven Sing Dusk or Dawn and last minute contribution was always epic.

Also there was very hard servers,where you have to run and make second proffesions w/o teleports (lack of adena)

Clan Hall bids was also popular before it

Sub-class / Nobless quest / Red pipete(Baium) quest all  these was pain in the ass.

Also there was annoying to lvl up 3 sub-classes to get 3 extra skills on main

All this big fights Baium / Antharas / Valakas have good memories

Vitality system was interesting part of game (cakes,bunch of different items bonus and etc.) was fun.

Also who remember,when you need to wait Baium for 8 hours,offcoirse always was at night as it should be(wait all night) w/o sleep and in the morning before spawn ends,you go afk for 3 min,and when you come back you realise everyone are inside and you noooot,and  miss a chance to get Baium blood.

Edited by MusulmoN
  • Haha 2

I didn't really started playing till GoD but something I miss from the times I've played is the hero statues, not only do they serve as bragging rights to top players but they also showed newer players who the heroes are and also they helped make the towns feel more alive, plus iirc all those empty pedestals in giran are meant for those statues.

• Like 1

i miss (omg suddenly i can write :D) boats, wolves, heine,  goddard and its hunting zones, MoS.. and for skills: old totem/rage mechanics cause they all were trade-ofs, they all had a purpose (not one totem being just sa superior version of the older one), old evasion mechanics, debuff landing was more complex (based on parameters and stats, tho that i understand its hard to calculate and balance right) and newer debuff mechanic that altough i didnt play god i readed that they implemented something to protect ppl from cc lock against same kind of debuff

about mental on oly i dont agree cause switch / trick efectivness is greatly affected by it.. but if it was up to me to make 1 custom change, implementing the same mechanic that sleep and roots have on fear, would make fear a skill you have to time right giving sometimes to enemy a little bit of time to react instead of brainless spamming..even if you play da horrible. if you lock him with 1 fear, its pretty much over if you just hold that button on and hit.. in the other hand if fear was like sleep, you could only get perma cc if the user is really good at timing it in the right moment.. i dont say the same for stun f.e cause there are already many ways to protect against it and also cause its not unbreakable

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Cyane said:

i miss heine

Oh god please no, I hate this stupid town and its stupid spawn locations where you have to walk for two minutes to reach the gatekeeper