San0

Would you like to see me being tortured enduring the hard life of a new player?

So, as it seems we all gonna be closed inside for a long time and since now its fashion thing to have bilions of the popular streamers making their Zero to Hero runs across the board of all the games i got a crazy idea that might end up killing me before the virus does.

Idea is: me, leveling a char from 0 to some point to be defined by the challenge rules (for example from 0 to third class or something like this), following a very specific set of rules to make everything slightly harder then a normal player would do now a days and in a legit way.

RULES SO FAR:

- ALL GAMEPLAY NEEDS TO BE STREAMED. from the first moment char is created untill "challenge" is completed it has to be done on stream. this is both to ensure that all is legit and to avoid ideas later that i did any shenanigans with admin stuff.

- OBVIOUSLY NO ADMIN COMMANDS.

- YOU GUYS PICK WHAT CLASS I NEED TO PLAY. we make poll or something and let you guys decide what class i should be doing the challenge on.

- NO BOX. The class its chosen is the only char i will have logged.

- NO BOSS SPAM. a boss here or a boss there is ok but main focus would be hard core old school grinding.

- NO DONATION OPTIONS ALLOWED. This means, no auction house, no buying COL to sell for adena in game etc. wtv i get in game needs to be obtained in game without out of game interference. 

- CHALLENGE IS COMPLETE AFTER PURCHASE OF FIRST 3rd CLASS SKILL BOOK. Guess its a good and maybe hard way to finish it depending on class you guys choose.

- WHILE NOT PLAYING CHARACTER WILL BE LEFT TO FISH. Char will stay there, everyone will be able to see its not being abused somewhere and i would need to restock on fish for stews for next day farm. Also its free exp that every new player should use as much as they can.

- NO PARTY MATCHING CREATION ALLOWED. can only use party matching to join already existent groups.

- NO BABY SITTING ALLOWED. can beg for buffs from friendly buffer in town but cannot allow people to constantly run after me with their chars/boxes giving me full buffs constantly

- CANNOT BUY EXP

- NO ACCEPTING ITEMS OR ADENA FROM OTHER PLAYERS.  whatever i need i gotta get it myself or buy it with adena farmed by myself or with other items obtained by myself.

Set of rules can be adjusted if you guys have any ideas that could make it more interesting or remove some of the ones you think they shouldnt be there, as soon as i see if people is interested or not and we have a set of rules done, we will proceed to a poll about classes.

Autobots. Speak out!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

why you dont organize pvp event (for example 9v9 tournament) and moderate it?

i guess a lot of cps would join the event.

Would be insane promotion for Server!

Edited by Anytime
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Anytime said:

why you dont organize pvp event and moderate it?

i guess a lot of cps would join the tournament.

Would be insane promotion for Server!

i agree, this server running long enough to be able to make 9v9 tournament

1 minute ago, Anytime said:

why you dont organize pvp event and moderate it?

i guess a lot of cps would join the tournament.

this, i know its not as fun for you as playing the nostalgia game you once used to, but generally would be nice idea to start finally thinking about long promised tournament, about its restrictions (gear/level/classes/etc.)

about your stream, sadly this will be flawed i believe, as there will be people who will try to help you (e.g. you will create party matching to look for some buffer so you can go grind, someone might go and buff you with high lvl or just pretend they want xp and log low lvl PP so you instant get party and generally will try to help you out and on other hand there will be handful of people trying to stream snipe you only because of admin streaming such stuff)

but if you really want to go for zero to hero, i think only possibility for you is go playing summoner

1) grinding even solo will be sustainable
2) only 3rd class skill you need is 3rd class summon, which is free (and generally other summoner SB are kinda cheap as well)
3) it actually doesnt necessarily need any equip (sure, equip helps a lot, but it means the least on summoner), no need for epics, no need for insane armor/weapon, you could do it with BW light +3 and CM with some nice yul rune (which isnt expensive) if you are skilled enough

tho summoner might not be that much of interesting class ppl want to see, but who knows ;)

about griefers i will deal with them same way i always did, sit my char in town or put it to fish till they get bored, i wouldnt be running a marathon anyway so no rush.

if the question was will i log san0 and ban them xD the answer is no, i will have to deal with everything as a new player would. and yes im sure this will happen, but hey look at bright side, will bring lots of people to low level zones xD

about help from other players for exp, can add some rule of no party matching creation (maybe allow to enter ones that already exist for a group to go somewhere) or baby siting allowed. yes i can still go town and beg someone for buffs, but so can new players.

about tournament, that has been in conversations for some time and one thing doesnt stop the others. i know koll has been wanting to make one of those for long time.

I like the idea. Make challenge to exp ol solo from 1 to 80 only by drain. Like discussed today on discord, ;D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

but if you really want to go for zero to hero, i think only possibility for you is go playing summoner

1) grinding even solo will be sustainable
2) only 3rd class skill you need is 3rd class summon, which is free (and generally other summoner SB are kinda cheap as well)
3) it actually doesnt necessarily need any equip (sure, equip helps a lot, but it means the least on summoner), no need for epics, no need for insane armor/weapon, you could do it with BW light +3 and CM with some nice yul rune (which isnt expensive) if you are skilled enough

tho summoner might not be that much of interesting class ppl want to see, but who knows ;)

i guess we leave hero stuff out of the picture for the sake of useless, cuz as soon as challenge is over the account gets locked with everything on it and new account must be done for next one.

1 minute ago, Rizos said:

I like the idea. Make challenge to exp ol solo from 1 to 80 only by drain. Like discussed today on discord, ;D

lol. please make rules that can be used xD no stupid stuff like doom dagger till third class and no shots xD

2 minutes ago, San0 said:

lol. please make rules that can be used xD no stupid stuff like doom dagger till third class and no shots xD

why stupid? :o it would be like "1.0 challenge", cannot use anything from achievement system, shots only for pvp ;x or too pussy?

Edited by MoDoy

ideas for rules:

- ALL GAMEPLAY NEEDS TO BE STREAMED. from the first moment char is created untill "challenge" is completed it has to be done on stream. this is both to ensure that all is legit and to avoid ideas later that i did any shenanigans with admin stuff.

- YOU GUYS PICK WHAT CLASS I NEED TO PLAY. we make poll or something and let you guys decide what class i should be doing the challenge on.

- NO BOSS SPAM. a boss here or a boss there is ok but main focus would be hard core old school grinding.

- NO DONATION OPTIONS ALLOWED. This means, no auction house, no buying COL to sell for adena in game etc. wtv i get in game needs to be obtained in game without out of game interference. 

- CHALLENGE IS COMPLETE WHEN ???? undecided yet on when challenge would be set as complete, cant really make a Zero to Hero cuz is not how it works on l2 (feeds, gears, big sides etc) and hero is a important part of the game for high lvl content so i dont think i should mess up with that part of the game.

- WHILE NOT PLAYING CHARACTER WILL BE LEFT TO FISH. Char will stay there, everyone will be able to see its not being abused somewhere and i would need to restock on fish for stews for next day farm. Also its free exp that every new player should use as much as they can.

- NO PARTY MATCHING CREATION ALLOWED. can only use party matching to join already existent groups.

- NO BABY SITTING ALLOWED. can beg for buffs from friendly buffer in town but cannot allow people to constantly run after me with their chars/boxes giving me full buffs constantly

- NOT ALLOWED TO JOIN MAIN CLANS. I obviously want to make my presence the more neutral possible so i wont be joining any clans who have contant challenge impact.

rules update.

9 minutes ago, San0 said:

the guy on discord was serious that he wanted to exp 76+ solo by drain ?

Btw when you lose faith in solo exp you can buy power lvl 67->80 from me. Business is business ?

Edited by Rizos

1 minute ago, Rizos said:

the guy on discord was serious that he wanted to exp 76+ solo by drain ?

Btw when you lose faith in solo exp you can buy power lvl 67->80 from me. Business is business ?

new rule, cannot buy power level xD

• Haha 1

ideas for rules:

- CHALLENGE IS COMPLETE WHEN ???? undecided yet on when challenge would be set as complete, cant really make a Zero to Hero cuz is not how it works on l2 (feeds, gears, big sides etc) and hero is a important part of the game for high lvl content so i dont think i should mess up with that part of the game.

- NO PARTY MATCHING CREATION ALLOWED. can only use party matching to join already existent groups.

- NO BABY SITTING ALLOWED. can beg for buffs from friendly buffer in town but cannot allow people to constantly run after me with their chars/boxes giving me full buffs constantly

- NOT ALLOWED TO JOIN MAIN CLANS. I obviously want to make my presence the more neutral possible so i wont be joining any clans who have content challenge impact.

- CANNOT BUY EXP.

rules update.

Just now, San0 said:

new rule, cannot buy power level xD

and here i thought once you make high enough lvl, i will sell you my hero making service :( qq

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rizos said:

we can wait till he buy some b grade gear after 1month hard farm and then try to drop him to mobs ?

droped bw gloves back on c4 days while pvping in blazing swamp fighting for naga, my clan leader altho he was also one of my real life best friends almost murdered me.

and yes, this happening, prepare for some rage moments for sure xD