San0

Would you like to see me being tortured enduring the hard life of a new player?

11 minutes ago, Luxeraph said:

No box but, just one account?

How are you going to make money? character will be shop too?

the char people choose will be the only char i will have, no extra chars, no shop chars, no boxes.

Ok so it is indeed torture, I've started only about two months ago without CoL or box and it's already hard enough with being able to make adena using secondary characters to feed my main, but without...

I'll guess I'll watch and learn what tricks you use for my own gain.

Edited by Luxeraph

imho cross out "not making party mathing rooms yourself" because

-It is just basic gameplay, uless you invite ppl with +6546 weapons and high buffers for mob farming.

-95% of rooms you will find will be "rb xx" 

-will make stream more enjoyable when you will farm with newbie randoms

• Like 1

1 hour ago, San0 said:

Idea is: me, leveling a char from 0 to some point to be defined by the challenge rules (for example from 0 to third class or something like this), following a very specific set of rules to make everything slightly harder then a normal player would do now a days and in a legit way.

only able to listen to K-pop while grinding, now that would make grind definitely harder than normal player would have it :D 

12 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

only able to listen to K-pop while grinding, now that would make grind definitely harder than normal player would have it :D 

playlist on stream composed by song requests from players, that is actually a good idea

51 minutes ago, Luxeraph said:

Ok so it is indeed torture, I've started only about two months ago without CoL or box and it's already hard enough with being able to make adena using secondary characters to feed my main, but without...

I'll guess I'll watch and learn what tricks you use for my own gain.

last time i played l2 was like 6/7 years ago, i doubt you gonna learn much xD

ill prolly be the one needing some lessons throughout the process

I definitely like the idea - not only because it could be quite fun, but because it could be actually very much beneficial - you'll get a first-hand experience of what it's like to be a new player playing without a box during out of newbie season (fresh major patch/event periods), so you'll know exactly what people struggle with and why they leave.

I guess I'm kinda sadistic but solo healer (bish/ee/se) would be quite fun to see.

• Like 2

we will get to pick a class later. atm just want to measure peoples interest and try to complete a full set of "rules"

rules and interest first boys and girls, after we set on rules we check about classes with some poll or something

still need to figure out when challenge would be considered completed, i would prolly say uppon third class. this seams to be the point of entry for most of CPs or clans high lvl.

rules so far.

- ALL GAMEPLAY NEEDS TO BE STREAMED. from the first moment char is created untill "challenge" is completed it has to be done on stream. this is both to ensure that all is legit and to avoid ideas later that i did any shenanigans with admin stuff.

- OBVIOUSLY NO ADMIN COMMANDS.

- YOU GUYS PICK WHAT CLASS I NEED TO PLAY. we make poll or something and let you guys decide what class i should be doing the challenge on.

- NO BOX. The class its chosen is the only char i will have logged.

- NO BOSS SPAM. a boss here or a boss there is ok but main focus would be hard core old school grinding.

- NO DONATION OPTIONS ALLOWED. This means, no auction house, no buying COL to sell for adena in game etc. wtv i get in game needs to be obtained in game without out of game interference. 

- CHALLENGE IS COMPLETE WHEN ???? undecided yet on when challenge would be set as complete, cant really make a Zero to Hero cuz is not how it works on l2 (feeds, gears, big sides etc) and hero is a important part of the game for high lvl content so i dont think i should mess up with that part of the game.

- WHILE NOT PLAYING CHARACTER WILL BE LEFT TO FISH. Char will stay there, everyone will be able to see its not being abused somewhere and i would need to restock on fish for stews for next day farm. Also its free exp that every new player should use as much as they can.

- NO PARTY MATCHING CREATION ALLOWED. can only use party matching to join already existent groups.

- NO BABY SITTING ALLOWED. can beg for buffs from friendly buffer in town but cannot allow people to constantly run after me with their chars/boxes giving me full buffs constantly

well, idk how long you want to invest in this, but i would say that buying 1st 3rd class skill which requires spellbook is legit end point (its much easier than last patch, but depending on class people will vote on you might struggle, e.g. with WC/OL its not so cheap thing), but reaching 76+ with totally new char without equip/dual box while you not camp bosses might take really long time (e.g. 2-3-4 months)

so would be nice how much time daily you can invest (+- ofc) and how many days you intend to do it (2 weeks? start of summer? start of new school year? etc.) so people can give reasonable end point goal you need to reach

I'm just confused on why you would waste so much time doing this vs organizing server events which would bring more life to the server + donations + making the current population enjoy the server more.  

Not trying to flame, but I'm just being realistic.  

Edited by Mtwo
grammar

play time will differ from day to day, i usually wake up early morning and do what i have to do from working part (i prefer working morning since while brain is fresh and world is quiet)

so the play time will consist in most of my free time. no hard core schedule tho like "i have to play 6 hours everyday" or something like this but i believe i wil be able to put up 3 to 4 hours per day some days more some days less.

i dunno exactly how its in other countries atm but here due to the virus thing we are basically on lock down and advised to not leave home unless its for work or essentials, considering my work is from home i already got that part covered.

i can get behind that book thing, so challenge would finish after purchase of first 3rd class book!

about starting part, ill start as soon as we set in a class.

cuz it is his free time and can do w/e he wants. you wouldnt work over the hrs ur employee force you, you wouldnt study more than needed at most of cases and for sure you wouldnt do anything thats not ur job more thna u have to. so let him try this streaming camplain and stop complaining about "server bugs" he works on them on his WORK time

2 minutes ago, Mtwo said:

I'm just confused on why you would waste so much time doing this vs organizing server events which would bring more life to the server + donations + making the current population enjoy the server more.  

Not trying to flame, but I'm just being realistic.  

already explained this, me doing this will not change anything on server functionality cuz this will not interfere with my working part. i do not "MAKE" the stuff, i tell people what i want them to be done and they do it, so between the moment i tell them i need this event done this way with this functions and this rewards, and the moment i have to test it, theres a waiting time.

k another new rule it came up to me just now, i will not accept any items/adena from other players.

RULES UPDATE:

- ALL GAMEPLAY NEEDS TO BE STREAMED. from the first moment char is created untill "challenge" is completed it has to be done on stream. this is both to ensure that all is legit and to avoid ideas later that i did any shenanigans with admin stuff.

- OBVIOUSLY NO ADMIN COMMANDS.

- YOU GUYS PICK WHAT CLASS I NEED TO PLAY. we make poll or something and let you guys decide what class i should be doing the challenge on.

- NO BOX. The class its chosen is the only char i will have logged.

- NO BOSS SPAM. a boss here or a boss there is ok but main focus would be hard core old school grinding.

- NO DONATION OPTIONS ALLOWED. This means, no auction house, no buying COL to sell for adena in game etc. wtv i get in game needs to be obtained in game without out of game interference. 

- CHALLENGE IS COMPLETE AFTER PURCHASE OF FIRST 3rd CLASS SKILL BOOK. Guess its a good and maybe hard way to finish it depending on class you guys choose.

- WHILE NOT PLAYING CHARACTER WILL BE LEFT TO FISH. Char will stay there, everyone will be able to see its not being abused somewhere and i would need to restock on fish for stews for next day farm. Also its free exp that every new player should use as much as they can.

- NO PARTY MATCHING CREATION ALLOWED. can only use party matching to join already existent groups.

- NO BABY SITTING ALLOWED. can beg for buffs from friendly buffer in town but cannot allow people to constantly run after me with their chars/boxes giving me full buffs constantly

- NO ACCEPTING ITEMS OR ADENA FROM OTHER PLAYERS.  whatever i need i gotta get it myself or buy it with adena farmed by myself or with other items obtained by myself.

Just now, San0 said:

already explained this, me doing this will not change anything on server functionality cuz this will not interfere with my working part. i do not "MAKE" the stuff, i tell people what i want them to be done and they do it, so between the moment i tell them i need this event done this way with this functions and this rewards, and the moment i have to test it, theres a waiting time.

I think that's kinda the point I'm making.  Why even post this then?  You could of done this in your free time already and not made a post when other ppl have been wanting PVP events since the server came out.  Can you imagine the population gain if you had a 9v9 tournament and streamed it?  There's nothing on the current L2 category worth watching, but people would of gone nuts for this.  I don't even play this server anymore, but feel free to look up in your paypal how much [email protected] donated and then maybe see if you think my input isn't worthwhile.  

• Like 1

becuz i want to have it with a more interactive way with community having fun with whoever wants to have fun while chit chating and let the people have some say in this.

this is something between me and the community we have, just some fun during this times when life outside isnt as good as we would like and theres a bit more of free time to be used.

also, about that tournament, even when we make it, im sure stream will get banned within hours if it gets a big number of viewers.