Sign in to follow this  
Luxeraph

Avadon Heavy Set

I'm not sure if I should post this here or make a bug report since I don't think this is how it should work but I'll ask first since I'm kinda new to classic.

So I finally got a full Avadon set for my TK(yeah I know, haha) and I notice something weird when switching from full plate to ava, the helmet says it has 4 more pdef than the FP one but I get 6 more pdef when equiping it, I'm guessing it's some passive that's not shown, shields shouldn't give pdef but the FP one gives me 4 pdef, I guess that's because it's +3, but the weirdest thing of all is that FP armor gives 239 pdef while ava breastplate+gaiters adds to 255 pdef but when I change between them without the rest of each set I get 3 less pdef with the avadon top+bottom than with the full plate overall.

Is it due to the same hidden passive(I'm guessing hidden since there's no passive that adds %pdef) giving a larger bonus to the overall since it has a bigger bulk of pdef compared to the top+bottom that has it's pdef divided? or is there something else? or is it what I think and there is some sort of bug in one of the two sets?

Did u count that FP set gives you +5% p.def? And did you unseal the helmet to be heavy?

Edited by Budesca

Avadon also gives the same bonus, of course I unsealed the whole set to be heavy and like I mentioned to make sure what part of the set was making me lose pdef I unequiped the rest and only changed between the overall and the top+bottom.

I'm guessing it is a bug due to the lack of replies I've gotten so I'll give it another day and make a ticket or ask @San0 about it.

Edited by Luxeraph

afaik empty slot in armor has some base "P def", thats why full armors have slightly more p def than one would expect, because they virtually take just the upper slot, while leaving bottom slot empty

Hm what @MoDoy says sounds stupid but just the kind of stupid that L2 would have been programed as, so I'll check that out too, would be funny that FP phantom bottom would also get the set bonus.

ava.jpg

fp.jpg

Edited by Luxeraph

Checking stuff around found this topic https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/17595-1-part-main-armor-p-def-bug/ and this site on another post http://www.l2p.l2wh.org/link.pdef , that along with some basic math that ends up showing me I am getting indeed that extra 18 pdef when using the FP armor guess wraps this up as 2 year old bug(?) is alive and well, guess all top+bottom sets just get -18pdef. :/

Edit: Just an idea but since the bug almost seem unkillable why not add extra pdef to all pants? don't think +18pdef would balance it out(would make it much better due to % bonuses) but something.

Edited by Luxeraph

its not a bug its how it works.

theres a part of the formulas who consider your used slots of armor and give def penalty or bonus acording to it.

27 minutes ago, San0 said:

its not a bug its how it works.

theres a part of the formulas who consider your used slots of armor and give def penalty or bonus acording to it.

But in the old thread I linked rizos shows doom getting a bonus 18pdef, same with the bw light in this server while in official it doesn't and it seems it wasn't like that before some patch and from the wording you used the "bug" seems like it's buried somewhere that you guys can't find, so why not balance the armors(all of them) pdef?

Or do I just suck it up because 18 pdef isn't that much and remember from now on that overall>top+bott on pdef?

I don't care that much either way, it just sucked that after I finally got my first B set it turns out it's worse than my C set(minus the extra block rate).

im not sure what happen to this, i assume since it was how it was working on OLD l2 it was just let slide but isnt there also the chance it is cuz for example FP is TOP C and ava is LOW B

25 minutes ago, Luxeraph said:

But in the old thread I linked rizos shows doom getting a bonus 18pdef, same with the bw light in this server while in official it doesn't and it seems it wasn't like that before some patch and from the wording you used the "bug" seems like it's buried somewhere that you guys can't find, so why not balance the armors(all of them) pdef?

Or do I just suck it up because 18 pdef isn't that much and remember from now on that overall>top+bott on pdef?

I don't care that much either way, it just sucked that after I finally got my first B set it turns out it's worse than my C set(minus the extra block rate).

i believe its bugged and off had it different. Anyway its too little diff to argue or insist on fix. After all we have some custom stuff on server and as official dying there will be more and more custom changes cos there is nothing to follow from official.

• Like 1

yeah but still, if its indeed a bug and goes that deep i would prefer if possible to have it working correctly if it isnt much trouble to figure out how to do it.

cuz either way independent of how many slots it uses or fact its top of one grade versus low of other grade, its a supperior grade so it should still be superior on something then its "weaker" conterpart even tho the bonus might be better or worst, at least the pdef part.

19 minutes ago, San0 said:

yeah but still, if its indeed a bug and goes that deep i would prefer if possible to have it working correctly if it isnt much trouble to figure out how to do it.

cuz either way independent of how many slots it uses or fact its top of one grade versus low of other grade, its a supperior grade so it should still be superior on something then its "weaker" conterpart even tho the bonus might be better or worst, at least the pdef part.

check this topic. Looks like problem is that when you equip 2 part armor (doom hvy, fp hvy, bw light etc)the p def formula count u equip only top part of armor not both. In fact 2 part armors should get nerf compared to current state and lose these "18 p def" or w/e

https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/17595-1-part-main-armor-p-def-bug/

Ez to test is BW hvy vs doom hvy both should result in same p def in stats

Edited by Rizos