Eldifes

BIG money idea for ADMINS

Hello,

I have an idea how to make your wallets bigger.

Concept is simple transmog system. Transmog its then you can change appearance of wepon/armor of same type. Like bwh change to avadon h.

It will ruin games balance ? No zaken/assasin transform already doing that so no it wont affect playstyle. If you think it will effect oly you can add button to only show real look for items.

Yeah this idea will take alot of time and codeing but i am sure you will get more from this then premium account. Leugue of legends perfect example for this system. 

P.S. need more hats more beautiful. Players will pay to look how they want to look.

• Thanks 1

sure, transofmation ruin this even more because you dont even see type of armor, but still you want to play certain way when you see what is enemy using

imagine you see someone with red light crossbow, you would say "meh, no biggie", but in reality the guy would have red BoP and smack your ass, imagine how big of a difference is tyrant running with D grade fists +7 appearance but he could have pata +7, no biggie, bellion+7, okay things start to get serious but if he has grinders+7, the sh1t hits the floor

its good that you said there you can disable/enable it, maybe it could work that way same like it works with cloaks, where there is option for disable all, show only yours, show all, but without this option its big no

Edited by MoDoy

On goddess you could change the appearance of items except in Olympiad. Of course you couldn’t change glows. Having for example a +7 weapon looking as +14 (red was on +14 on goddess). We already have white dark pirate suits. So in my opinion it won’t affect much open world pvp. 

also you couldn’t change from heavy to light look or robe and vise versa.

From Olympiad it should be disabled for sure.

On previous chronicles, though, there was some amazing sets to copy the look. 

Aka vesper noble, apella, dynasty, dragonic, elegia.

Now who would pay to use the look of a plated leather set Or for the look of shitty aoba I can’t really imagine.

Edited by iOrdinator

I like it, even without the option to disable it - I'm really not into the apocalyptic scenarios, just because someone could hide stronger gun doesn't mean it's going to affect the entire gameplay in any meaningful extent. This idea has been on offi since always and as iOrdinator said, it was disabled in olympiad where it could potentially matter.

Either way, huge fan of this option for armors at least, it's not going to affect the gameplay slightest bit since transforms are in place already and it'd be pretty cool to diversify the looks. It would be cool to see people running around in Briga or Theca Leather.

3 hours ago, Eldifes said:

Leugue of legends perfect example for this system. 

Well, sure Ahri would still jump on me with her ult, despite her being a kpop soldier or mozila - I am aware of her skills nonetheless, and can even see how powerful she is through her items. This comparison is not cohesive though - what you should actually say is "Ahri carrying Death's Cap and make it look like Unholy grail". Similar items, yet so so so different, and here lies the problem. Avadon is worn by specific classes, for specific reasons, and so does BW, and any armor. So if I see you in Doom HV, will I hesitate more to focus on you if you were wearing BW HV (which offers less defences, yet more stun resist)? Probably. Not to mention how everyone would change their top grade weapons to look like the lowest of the same grade. It's not just about fashion in our case, appearance of the enemy gives you info for them, their weaknesses, class etc. It's the tiny details in armor stats that make each class and playstyle unique. The 3 transformations we have are already enough, and fortunately last for couple of minutes while having big cooldowns. This is as much as we need to add some thrill, and force ourselves to remember enemy classes through their names, from previous battles. 

5 hours ago, Pakarti said:

Well, sure Ahri would still jump on me with her ult, despite her being a kpop soldier or mozila - I am aware of her skills nonetheless, and can even see how powerful she is through her items. This comparison is not cohesive though - what you should actually say is "Ahri carrying Death's Cap and make it look like Unholy grail". Similar items, yet so so so different, and here lies the problem. Avadon is worn by specific classes, for specific reasons, and so does BW, and any armor. So if I see you in Doom HV, will I hesitate more to focus on you if you were wearing BW HV (which offers less defences, yet more stun resist)? Probably. Not to mention how everyone would change their top grade weapons to look like the lowest of the same grade. It's not just about fashion in our case, appearance of the enemy gives you info for them, their weaknesses, class etc. It's the tiny details in armor stats that make each class and playstyle unique. The 3 transformations we have are already enough, and fortunately last for couple of minutes while having big cooldowns. This is as much as we need to add some thrill, and force ourselves to remember enemy classes through their names, from previous battles. 

It's enough to have them on for everything important tho... Regardless of how you feel about the weapon 'skins', the armor skins would have virtually zero impact on the gameplay and would arguably make the game look much more classic-ish as people would wear various armors of all grades instead of just the top ones - e.g. Chain Set or Theca Leather basically don't exist atm.

Also, the most important thing that nobody seems to take into account - this feature would bring some revenue to the server, and having more revenue motivates/enables admins to spend more time working on the serve. It's hugely important factor and people should really consider this before finding a theoretical ways it could kind of sort of maybe alter the gameplay in a way they wouldn't like.

34 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

would arguably make the game look much more classic-ish as people would wear various armors of all grades instead of just the top ones - e.g. Chain Set or Theca Leather basically don't exist atm.

To be honest it'd be weird to see PvP in Theca at GC - but that's just me. 😜
Still I'd stick with my view of "knowing your enemy", which we may never find out due to a permanent transmog. At least current transformations end at some point or when one is in city. Besides, I personally find it cool when characters pop in cities with latest gear, enchanted etc etc. Imagine seeing the first blue A-grade armor. People would gather around as if it's an art exhibit (sorta).
FLEX FLEX FLEX

Edited by Pakarti

1 hour ago, Pakarti said:

To be honest it'd be weird to see PvP in Theca at GC - but that's just me. :p 

I'm thinking quite the contrary :P 

Anyway, perhaps even stronger argument than what I've mentioned before - in the end, Classic is mostly about the nostalgia and remembering the good old days, and a lot of people have some kind of set that they have special attachment to (for me it's probably compo). I think it'd be a damned shame to miss this opportunity to make the game more memories-reviving.

3 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Classic is mostly about the nostalgia and remembering the good old days, and a lot of people have some kind of set that they have special attachment to (for me it's probably compo). I think it'd be a damned shame to miss this opportunity to make the game more memories-reviving.

Certainly, and the whole idea may be food for thought for a future project - in addition to bringing money to administration and joy to community. But such changes shouldn't affect the strategy of a battle. Maybe an extra spell that transforms the user temporarily, probably with shared cooldown with current transforms, could be a decent approach.

8 hours ago, Pakarti said:

Certainly, and the whole idea may be food for thought for a future project - in addition to bringing money to administration and joy to community. But such changes shouldn't affect the strategy of a battle. Maybe an extra spell that transforms the user temporarily, probably with shared cooldown with current transforms, could be a decent approach.

Yes knowing your enemy is important for many players specialy olympiad game that is why they should put feuture to see originals. Same thing like cloaks you can remove them or show only yours. 

9 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

It's enough to have them on for everything important tho... Regardless of how you feel about the weapon 'skins', the armor skins would have virtually zero impact on the gameplay and would arguably make the game look much more classic-ish as people would wear various armors of all grades instead of just the top ones - e.g. Chain Set or Theca Leather basically don't exist atm.

Also, the most important thing that nobody seems to take into account - this feature would bring some revenue to the server, and having more revenue motivates/enables admins to spend more time working on the serve. It's hugely important factor and people should really consider this before finding a theoretical ways it could kind of sort of maybe alter the gameplay in a way they wouldn't like.

Yes this is why i started this talk. It would bring more money more players. Ofcorse if they put without option to remove costum look were migth be players ho leave server. And i hate how blue wolf looks on tyrants :D but its second best set in game.

10 hours ago, Pakarti said:

The thing is, it's nigh impossible to retain reasonable revenue just from just accessories - there's a very limited ammount of people who buy stuff that doesn't bring them any real advantage. This is reason why auction house exists the way it does and why there're death deal certs and bresses in nostalgia shop. If we want the server to keep existing in a long run, we need to accept that some things that are offered for $ simply won't be 100% influence-free. But then again, at the point these three 15-minutes long transformations already exist on server (on future updates there's a 4th transform added and all transforms have duration increased to 20 minutes), the strategic significance of the armor skins would be virtually non-existent. 

But even if someone bought these for a theoretical 'strategic advantage', why should that be such an issue? It wouldn't have to be directly bought as a service for €, it could be sold for COL so anyone who wouldn't want to pay for it could buy the COLs for adena. If anything, it would bring a potential strategic depth to the game - but then again, transformations already exist so the real strategic impact would be zero.

btw. if someone's more interested on this topic, here's how it works on offi: https://l2wiki.com/Changing_Appearance

I suppose the system would be similar (using the Appearance Stone that would be bought for COLs in Nostalgia shop), so for the change of appearance of one piece of equipment you'd need 1 stone, the original armor that you'd want to change look of (e.g. BW robe) and an appearance armor (e.g. Divine Robe), that would be destroyed upon reskin. You could then restore the looks with a Restoration Stone.
Weapon_app_stone_desc.jpg

58 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

there's a very limited ammount of people who buy stuff that doesn't bring them any real advantage.

You couldnt be more wrong on this sentence. Me for example i bought valentines clauk and sold it for 150kk in one day. I probably can safely say that 30% of player base would use this, and after that would be chain reaction and others would want to look cool/unique. The biggest problem is what it takes to build this in old client. But this is like i named big money idea cose atleast on my constant party 4/9 would use it.  

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

btw. if someone's more interested on this topic, here's how it works on offi: https://l2wiki.com/Changing_Appearance

I suppose the system would be similar (using the Appearance Stone that would be bought for COLs in Nostalgia shop), so for the change of appearance of one piece of equipment you'd need 1 stone, the original armor that you'd want to change look of (e.g. BW robe) and an appearance armor (e.g. Divine Robe), that would be destroyed upon reskin. You could then restore the looks with a Restoration Stone.
Weapon_app_stone_desc.jpg

y but there are massive limitations even on offi:

- The Grade of the prototype item can't be higher than the grade of the source one. 

- The type of the source item and the prototype must be the same

- A set of armor (below Grade R) can't be used as prototype for armor Grade R. ( and R there it's mid-low tier equip, less than our low B )

Edited by Armagheton

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

The thing is, it's nigh impossible to retain reasonable revenue just from just accessories - there's a very limited ammount of people who buy stuff that doesn't bring them any real advantage. This is reason why auction house exists the way it does and why there're death deal certs and bresses in nostalgia shop. If we want the server to keep existing in a long run, we need to accept that some things that are offered for $ simply won't be 100% influence-free. But then again, at the point these three 15-minutes long transformations already exist on server (on future updates there's a 4th transform added and all transforms have duration increased to 20 minutes), the strategic significance of the armor skins would be virtually non-existent. 

But even if someone bought these for a theoretical 'strategic advantage', why should that be such an issue? It wouldn't have to be directly bought as a service for €, it could be sold for COL so anyone who wouldn't want to pay for it could buy the COLs for adena. If anything, it would bring a potential strategic depth to the game - but then again, transformations already exist so the real strategic impact would be zero.

Ideally (from my point of view), BSOR and death certs shouldn't be purchasable with COL either, but of course I wouldn't support this change because a server needs money, it's a small sacrifice we may afford. And still, as you mentioned, everyone can buy anything with adena turned into COL, a fact that diminishes the p2w element. Certainly everyone could also buy transformations through adena. The problem from my perspective though, is not whether everyone would have access to this or only hard p2w players. I'd find it frustrating and problematic even if they went off for free, because it'd take away the element of studying your enemy. Everyone could be everything. 
On another example, if wow classic was to introduce transmogs, it would be less of a case because the game works with specific "BiS" items, you can't work (much) around you gear, it's a lot more specific than L2 classic. A sws could wear BW/Doom/MJ/NM (etc) and every set would offer a different approach to the player and their enemy. (If of course it's a sws and not TK or w/e). In addition, current transforms are temporary, unlike the appearance stone suggestion.
All of that, assuming that we at least keep same type of gear while transformed (heavy/light/robe), 'cause it'd be even more """hilarious""" if type was also changed.
To conclude, it's about the game/playstyle, not the money.

Edited by Pakarti

Not easier just buy Theca / Chain set, and flex in city if You have this kind of needs xd ???

Ppls really need to feel better if You kill moobs looking as wearing unused sets ....

Yes GM's would earn tons of $$$$ introducing this crap option for sure ... i already WTB 10k CoL's.....

But seriously great waste of time, and resources, even for some1 who have perspective of half year doing absolutelly nothing...

6 hours ago, Eldifes said:

You couldnt be more wrong on this sentence. Me for example i bought valentines clauk and sold it for 150kk in one day. I probably can safely say that 30% of player base would use this, and after that would be chain reaction and others would want to look cool/unique. The biggest problem is what it takes to build this in old client. But this is like i named big money idea cose atleast on my constant party 4/9 would use it.  

I was talking rather generally, if there was a way to keep the server running on just hats then many servers would adapt this policy... E.g. here the cloaks are still somewhat desired but I imagine the hat sales are close to zero since most hats that I see come from events. 

Anyway I agree that there'd be a huge demand for this feature which is why I'm advocating for it in a first place - and since this client is based on one of the 'new' chronicles I guess it already exists to a certain extent, so it would just have to be altered.

6 hours ago, Armagheton said:

y but there are massive limitations even on offi:

- The Grade of the prototype item can't be higher than the grade of the source one. 

- The type of the source item and the prototype must be the same

- A set of armor (below Grade R) can't be used as prototype for armor Grade R. ( and R there it's mid-low tier equip, less than our low B )

Sure, I mean obviously it would have to be changed to be grade-less... Other than that I don't see any issues with either of these, robe should only be changed to robe, light to light and heavy to heavy to not make it too chaotic.

5 hours ago, Pakarti said:

Ideally (from my point of view), BSOR and death certs shouldn't be purchasable with COL either, but of course I wouldn't support this change because a server needs money, it's a small sacrifice we may afford. And still, as you mentioned, everyone can buy anything with adena turned into COL, a fact that diminishes the p2w element. Certainly everyone could also buy transformations through adena. The problem from my perspective though, is not whether everyone would have access to this or only hard p2w players. I'd find it frustrating and problematic even if they went off for free, because it'd take away the element of studying your enemy. Everyone could be everything. 
On another example, if wow classic was to introduce transmogs, it would be less of a case because the game works with specific "BiS" items, you can't work (much) around you gear, it's a lot more specific than L2 classic. A sws could wear BW/Doom/MJ/NM (etc) and every set would offer a different approach to the player and their enemy. (If of course it's a sws and not TK or w/e). In addition, current transforms are temporary, unlike the appearance stone suggestion.
All of that, assuming that we at least keep same type of gear while transformed (heavy/light/robe), 'cause it'd be even more """hilarious""" if type was also changed.
To conclude, it's about the game/playstyle, not the money.

I'm probably going to repeat myself but the whole 'studying your enemy' fell apart when everyone got access to multiple 15 minutes transformations, I mean you can check basically any vid here and everyone either has transform or BW... And even then, I mean, if the guy has bow it means he's probably an archer, if he has dog behind him it's DA, if he has skeleton behind him then it's necro and if it's elf with heavy and sword(ninja edit) it's SWS because nobody plays TK... It's not a rocket science now and it won't be rocket science with the armor skins.

But yeah, I'm definitely for keeping the type of gear, I can see how healer wearing heavy could confuse someone.

4 hours ago, YipMan said:

Not easier just buy Theca / Chain set, and flex in city if You have this kind of needs xd ???

Ppls really need to feel better if You kill moobs looking as wearing unused sets ....

Yes GM's would earn tons of $$$$ introducing this crap option for sure ... i already WTB 10k CoL's.....

But seriously great waste of time, and resources, even for some1 who have perspective of half year doing absolutelly nothing...

I mean people want to look neat, what do you want me to say :D Companies like Riot made a fortune on this sole fact - nevermind the Riot, basically entire luxury clothing industry...

As mentioned above, the client is based on some g.o.d.+ chronicle where this potentially could exist already... If it doesn't and if it would take way too much work to implement, then of course situation would be different. But still, it's a way for server to get the money coming without affecting the gameplay in any noticeable way, so I believe it would be worth the extra effort.

Edited by FryderykChopin

32 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

if it's elf with heavy it's SWS because nobody plays TK...

dont mind me guys, i am just casual sws 

image.png.7df8175dcccf4f6d80385509ddc881e1.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Case and point for the "I need to be able to recognize what char it is by the armor they're wearing" 246444691564789760.png?v=1

not really, as i was running with 3 different sets and depending which one i had equipped, you would decide if its worth to go for me or not, i had doom light for atk speed, BW heavy for dmg, drake for tanking mages

now imagine it would look like bw light (tanky vs fighters/archers, but you knew you could outstun me, because atk speed is not that great), doom heavy, from which you probably wouldnt even guess i am archer but some wannabe DD sws and PL set, which would mean that mages would like to get rid of me as its the biggest DPS set but also the squishiest

yep, they would have hard time

5 hours ago, MoDoy said:

not really, as i was running with 3 different sets and depending which one i had equipped, you would decide if its worth to go for me or not, i had doom light for atk speed, BW heavy for dmg, drake for tanking mages

now imagine it would look like bw light (tanky vs fighters/archers, but you knew you could outstun me, because atk speed is not that great), doom heavy, from which you probably wouldnt even guess i am archer but some wannabe DD sws and PL set, which would mean that mages would like to get rid of me as its the biggest DPS set but also the squishiest

yep, they would have hard time

The idea is that you can only change armor of the same type, so you couldn't change mentioned doom hvy to PL. Also It's not supposed to work on oly (it doesn't on offi at least), and I don't think anyone's 200 IQ enough to scout dozens of people simultaneously in mass pvp and scount for correct targets until someone has an ok armor to kill (in case they accidentally don't have a transform on which I feel like people are completely ignoring in this post)

Anyway I said it before and will say it again, server needs money, and this is quite possibly one of the least gameplay intervening change that could bring a substantial revenue to the server, which is its main purpose. We can either do this mental gymnastics and search for theoretical ways it could perhaps maybe sort of change the gameplay in a way that would not be 100% compatible to the way we feel about game itself, or we could just accept the fact that server needs money to keep running and just bite a lip for once and let things go in a way that we don't prefer but help the server in a longrun. 

23 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Anyway I said it before and will say it again, server needs money, and this is quite possibly one of the least gameplay intervening change that could bring a substantial revenue to the server, which is its main purpose. We can either do this mental gymnastics and search for theoretical ways it could perhaps maybe sort of change the gameplay in a way that would not be 100% compatible to the way we feel about game itself, or we could just accept the fact that server needs money to keep running and just bite a lip for once and let things go in a way that we don't prefer but help the server in a longrun. 

I dunno server poulation is booming.... Peoples buing toons of PA, so i guess serwer have pretty god $$$ bilance.... Yes sure there is never to much of this. BUT if You think this feature will give serwer any close to tons of $$$ im pretty sure You are just wrong. Becouse how You want it is switch armors looks to same grade, and class(robe,LA,Hvy)

So You are still sure You will see peoples farming in Brigandine set in GC (from my understanding You could be able only from D grade to another D grade, and hvy to hvy) ... No You wont. And even if, how many peopels would be willing to buy something that not upgrade their grade look, but actually downgrade. I dont see any sense for that... I mean 0 sense. You can be mode beast like W4nali ???? Im not sure but there is summoner running 1 part of elven robe, 1 part of something else i have no idea what it is. Whats the problem fr it .. and what for to spend $$$ for this i have no clue xd

If there is possibility to do something in transmoging feature, what can be profitable to serwer is .... GMs can do limmited time <like once per year> event simillar to valentine cloak one, where is some buyable for cols transofrmation (tradable or not however they decide.. but sure tradable make it more customers), with limited timer... and thats pretty much it, i guess.....