asdfkingpost

new player here

played l2 back during release when I was kid, didn't get very far.

Fast forward a few years -> played l2 private servers (l2 extreme) but was never relevant or any good(didn't progress much)

Saw L2 classic launched, looked interesting but the reviews on it were bad so now I am here (downloading client atm)

What are the main differences between this private classic server and official classic?

Is it pointless to play now (will I mostly be lvling alone?) or will I actually see others lvling alongside me

good start class?

15 hours ago, asdfkingpost said:

main differences between this private classic server and official classic?

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------+
| Classic Club pro's:                                                                                          | Official server pro's:  |
| - more people                                                                                                | - more frequent updates |
| - less bots                                                                                                  | - less bugs             |
| - no pendants and other NCstore stuff                                                                        |                         |
| - admins are much more likely to listen to players opinions and aren't bound by what they recieve from Korea |                         |
| - the 'VIP' system is quite reasonable here*                                                                 |                         |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------+
*the only bonuses for 'premium account' here is that you get to log an extra window on one computer and +10% XP/SP... 
Meanwhile VIP system on official server: https://www.lineage2.com/news/classic-vip-rewards-program
15 hours ago, asdfkingpost said:

Is it pointless to play now (will I mostly be lvling alone?) or will I actually see others lvling alongside me

To those two questions: no, and... no. Server will be 5 years old this year, so even though it's very well populated, most of the people are 70+, so you will see almost nobody in the low level areas. BUT, since latest patch it's actually quite easy to get to 70+ - you just always need to scout for RB parties in /partymatching and sometimes make RB party on your own. As for starting class, you should just play what you enjoy playing, but know that you'll be limited to a single window (unless you're okay paying 10€ a month for the 2nd window). I definitely would not pick nuker or healer though (due to how hard they're to level up)

Edited by FryderykChopin

so im in the starting area killing stuff/lvling up, I make a group open for anyone who wants to join me and I get a message from some random guy telling me to close my group and read the server rules? Im confused.... why? 

Also, the game says I can whisper but cant talk to people before lvl 40 but everyone I try to whisper to ask questions it will say offline... even tho they are standing right infront of me? =/

Edited by asdfkingpost

3 hours ago, asdfkingpost said:

played l2 back during release when I was kid, didn't get very far.

Fast forward a few years -> played l2 private servers (l2 extreme) but was never relevant or any good(didn't progress much)

Saw L2 classic launched, looked interesting but the reviews on it were bad so now I am here (downloading client atm)

What are the main differences between this private classic server and official classic?

good start class?

come come 

Shot00015.jpg

12 hours ago, asdfkingpost said:

so im in the starting area killing stuff/lvling up, I make a group open for anyone who wants to join me and I get a message from some random guy telling me to close my group and read the server rules? Im confused.... why? 

Also, the game says I can whisper but cant talk to people before lvl 40 but everyone I try to whisper to ask questions it will say offline... even tho they are standing right infront of me? =/

Nevermind the guy, I can't imagine anything wrong with your party listing. It's true that there are some rules regarding to the party matching window (e.g. it's not allowed to make trade offers there), but as far as partying goes, it's all good.

As for the chatting restrictions... We unfortunately have a lot of adena selling bots which spam everywhere, and admins always have to come up with new ways to deal with them. It's a bit annoying but you're going to have to wait for that level 40.

Edited by FryderykChopin

11 hours ago, asdfkingpost said:

Actually it was me that "random guy" ... u had room in party matching about clan, not party

https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/15833-party-matching/

Any trade rooms/streams/clan recruiting in party matching are forbidden!

It can be used for party matching only!

I added you in friend list so i could explain it to you, but you didnt respond